Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed Boost Combusken

It would probably dominate in the NFE OU tier, but not in normal OU. It's attack is no where near Blazikien's also, with Infernape also in that tier, what is the point?

OXIII MK7 Race Hub ~ 69-7030-4607-1242
        Spoiler:- Contact Info:

Ninjask can sweep with just two SD, Max attack, Adamant, Max happiness return. Believe me, I've done it. Multiple times.

It's a shame that Blaizken was banned, but that's just on Smogon. I don't use Smogon. It doesn't affect me.

I would use Combusken in the lower tiers. I have never tried Sharpedo. I probably should...

I think it would actually be very effective on an OU team once you got rid of the Stealth Rocks. On the first turn, it would use Swords Dance, and Focus Sash would prevent its demise. On the second turn, it uses Protect for a second speed boost. Now it has an insane amount of power and the speed to use it. So, just start sweeping after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sharpedo
    with Infernape also in that tier, what is the point?
    After this strategy, Combusken is more powerful and faster than Infernape.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    I think it would actually be very effective on an OU team once you got rid of the Stealth Rocks. On the first turn, it would use Swords Dance, and Focus Sash would prevent its demise. On the second turn, it uses Protect for a second speed boost. Now it has an insane amount of power and the speed to use it. So, just start sweeping after that.

Yep thats the set to go with it nearly sweeps whole teams.

hmmm this actually sounds usable but I can't help the thought that using Combusken in OU because Blaziken was banned is like using Gabite in OU as well because Garchomp was banned -_____-
    3DS FC: 4313 1054 9104

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN YOUR FIGHTING TYPE POKEMON FIGHTS LIKE A MAN AND NOT A LADY
    IM ON A RAPIDASH

This is a horrific idea. Would you use Shelgon as a replacement DD'er if Salamence was banned? Would you use Eviolite Drilbur if Excadrill went? I highly, highly doubt it. So why suggest you use something which requires so much support just to create conditions in which it may sweep?

Suggesting Focus Sash is stupid, don't do it. There are these magical things referred to as "Priority moves", which, strangely, Rapid Spin doesn't seem to help against.

Quote Originally Posted by PoignantLyrics View Post
    This is a horrific idea. Would you use Shelgon as a replacement DD'er if Salamence was banned? Would you use Eviolite Drilbur if Excadrill went? I highly, highly doubt it. So why suggest you use something which requires so much support just to create conditions in which it may sweep?

Suggesting Focus Sash is stupid, don't do it. There are these magical things referred to as "Priority moves", which, strangely, Rapid Spin doesn't seem to help against.
    exactly my point. Although,Shelgon sounds interesting (he actually has more defense than Salamence)

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN YOUR FIGHTING TYPE POKEMON FIGHTS LIKE A MAN AND NOT A LADY
    IM ON A RAPIDASH

Quote Originally Posted by Darkerones View Post
    exactly my point. Although,Shelgon sounds interesting (he actually has more defense than Salamence)
    And a lot less attack and less speed and less sp att, making him a much worse sweeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkerones View Post
    Please, don't even try to go there. He may have +20 Base Defense on Salamence, but Salamence has Intimidate, double the Speed, an extra 40 attack, as well as far more respectable HP and Sp.Atk stats. In short, Shelgon outclasses Salamence in one, unimportant area, as Salamence has the required bulk regardless.
    To put it incredibly bluntly - Shelgon can not even hope to outrun positive nature base 100's with one DD. It'll die before it gets it's second DD.

Hey now,don't hate! I was talking along the lines of it being used in UU

IM ON A RAPIDASH

howabout.... SANDSTORM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-idara View Post
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

And Reuniclus...i see everyone using him, could you tell me any actual advantages over Musharna?

Quote Originally Posted by mudkips View Post
    I would never EVER use combusken, except in maybye RU, otherwise infernape is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better. Why even consider using combusken in OU with that poor 85 base atk?
    B-passing. If combusken gets swords dance then it is a crazy team helper. A bit like Ninjask but you can use it in the lower tiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudkips View Post
    howabout.... SANDSTORM
    howabout... VULPIX
    This would make the whole team crazy powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbeller View Post
    howabout... VULPIX
    This would make the whole team crazy powerful.
    Gee its to bad drought is BANNED in UU/RU
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-idara View Post
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

And Reuniclus...i see everyone using him, could you tell me any actual advantages over Musharna?

Quote Originally Posted by PoignantLyrics View Post

Okay, fine. After you get down to 1 HP with +2 to attack and speed, simply baton pass it to a Salamence or something. If you go against a pokemon that normally doesn't have priority moves (Dragonite, Gengar, Vaporeon) then by the time they switch out to a priority user, the boosts will be successfully passed, and your Salamence can OHKO the Conkeldurr or Infernape or whatever the foe sends up.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Combusken is simply to weak to do loads of damage directly but he could still give a substantial boost to your other team members:

@ Focus Sash
    Speed Boost
    Adamant/Jolly
    Moves:
    --Protect
    --Swords Dance
    --Baton Bass
    --Reversal

Protect, swords dance, protect, baton pass to bass on +2 Att and +3 speed on to another poke so that they can sweep with ease. Reversal is there so he can go for easy kills etc. Combusken can even come on after his main pass for a simple protect and baton pass to pass on a small speed boost that could just give one pokemon the edge it needs.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Right. That's what I said. The boost is pretty similar to a Shell Smash Pass, but with that, either you use Focus Sash and pass the defense cuts, or use White Herb and require a bulky pokemon, which won't work that often.

Maybe I should try this with an Eviolite, but I don't think Speed Boost Combusken will be even close to a Blaziken replacement.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Okay, I agree it's not going to OU, but if you do want to use it, focus sash does work since priority messes with it anyway. If you can force a swap out(Ferrothorn, Forretress), when you get a free swords dance and then a free hit.

I'm pretty sure it's still going to be usable, just one of those pokemon such as light ball pikachu that's too much of a glass cannon.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Has anyone tried a CB Combusken

I take back my comment, Ninjast is better than Combusken.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Combusken is nifty and all but he won't be doing much in OU. The tier where he does shine is the ever stupid Middle Cup. He literally 2HKOs the entire tier after a SD boost and nothing is going to be able to hit hard enough to OHKO him without being KO'd first. So if you're looking to wreck in MC just spam SB Combusken.
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12