Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Dream World Ability

Drizzle on Politoed definitely!

But now Kyogre is less unique!

Trading my almost perfect UT Timid Mewtwo! Its IVs are 31/22/31/31/30/31. You can verify the calculation here:

Spoiler:- Credits and my FC:

There's some DW abilities that now define the Pokémon utilizing them, and they would be nothing without them. Blaziken is at the top of that list, and so is Sableye. Sableye, as a matter of fact, was nigh impossible to use prior to BW. If you need more confirmation, play with it's counterpart Mawile, who still is held back by pitiful stats, despite Sheer Force's awesomeness.

Then there's others who benefitted markedly, but could hold their own with prior abilities. Infernape and Espeon come to mind. Infernape gets the Iron Fist from DW, but Blaze on Infernape is no slouch either, especially since the majority of Infernape have Focus Sash slapped onto them. Synchronize Espeon is laughable these days, but at one point paralyzing Espeon meant paralyzing your own team members. Now you don't have to actually paralyze Espeon for your own move to backfire...

I'd say Blaziken won this Generation's best DW ability lottery. Say what you will about Drizzletoed and Droughtails, Blaziken turns into a one Pokémon killing machine in ONE turn thanks to Speed Boost. No other Pokémon can claim that stand alone title. It's at it's best in OU, but thanks to Smogon, that's not happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I'm gonna say prankster here pretty much because of whimsicott's early success, the fact that it helped contribute to making thundurus i broken, and the success of prankster sableye thus far.

I think the worst Dream World has to offer has yet to be unleashed. Once we see Shadow Tag Chandelure, I think the general opinion might be different. In fact, I wonder if the whole reason why GF has waited so long to release it is because they've realized what a monster they're creating.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Technician Breloom or Politoad

Whoaa Huge Power

No not really not Dream World to bad huh

But no. Magic Bounce is a very very good ability. Especially when hazards are a big part of the metagame now.

Reckless is also a good ability that does not get a lot of mention. Reckless Mienshao has rediculous power but it is overshadowed by Regenerator I guess >_>

Hydration is another good one. Making Vaporeon and Alomomola that much more useful.

And yeah Overconfident probably been said 100 times but yeah. It was actually given to quite a few Pokemon I see ・_・It really made some of the already very strong Pokemon even more dangerous. To the point where it is always good to be prepared to deal with Moxie users
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I really liked Multiscale on Dragonite. It helped power down some super-effective moves that would otherwise OHKO Dragonite.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Espeon, Chandelure and Dragonite all got (or will get) interesting Hidden Abilities that helped them get into the Gen V metagame, even if they are too old/too new.

However, I think that the best Dream World ability we will ever get is CONTRARY! Hail, Serperior! Even over Speed Boost Blaziken that made it Uber )
    <no sig>

I think poison heal on Gliscor is pretty cool. :>
    Kind of helps in preventing your opponents from giving your Pokemon status problems.

Poison Heal on Gliscor and Magic Bounce on Espeon are the best DW Abilities IMO. They really help the Pokémon. I mean, Espeon was rubbish and Gliscor could be improved. Now they are excellent Pokémon that are now very Common in Battles.
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Poison Heal on Gliscor and Magic Bounce on Espeon are the best DW Abilities IMO. They really help the Pokémon. I mean, Espeon was rubbish and Gliscor could be improved. Now they are excellent Pokémon that are now very Common in Battles.
    Espeon is still pretty bad even with the ability, since Forre and Ferro can dent it with Gyro Ball, Forre can volt-switch out, Skarmory does solid damage with Brave Bird, and it can't switch in of offensive setters.

Gliscor was already a fantastic physical wall and Poison Heal made him even better, but it wasn't completely 100% amazing. The best abilities by far given out from the dream world were Speed Boost Blazi, Drizzle Toed, and Drought Tails. Blazi went Ubers because of this ability, and the two new weather setters have had an unbelievable impact on the metagame.

Trainer Level 3 Squad | Alpha Sapphire Team - - Route 111 South | WF Quest Log

wonder guard. Shedinja's dream world ability.

GG
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

Ditto was terrible. Thanks to imposter, ditto is an amazing force. He wreaks dragons and physical teams. Imposter is great.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

All of you are forgetting Skill Link Cinccino. Technician is too shaky to her boosted multi hitting moves. With constant five hits, screw Multiscale, Sturdy, and Focus Sashes! She can break them and finish them off, a good reason to run her in all tiers despite the 95 attacks. I mean ... 115 base speed. This Chinchilla is a seriously underrated killer. I killed TERRAKIONS and a couple DRAGONITES with her. Still testing it with a Keldeo though. so SCREW majority of the OU pokemon. If you don't have Gengar and any Steel type pokemon with you, she can kill you. How's that OU jerkasses? Fun part is, give her Kings Rock and start fishing for flinches. you think getting Flinched by Jirachi, Togekiss, and Skymin is not enough ... what About Cinccino? Yeah ... Cloyster can do the same too.

In the NU, Guts Luxray. It's what the coolest electric lion need to be a good wallbreaker / sweeper.

Another in NU would be Pokemon's very first bug type pokemon found early in the early days of Red and Blue. Butterfree. If you forgot about her, what a shame. Read Smogon's description about her in the 5th generation below. Useless ... becomes an NU top threat 4 generations later.

As she elegantly (Quiver) dances her way into BW, it is easily apparent that Butterfree is significantly better than she was in the old RBY days. No longer is she the standard for terrible Bug-type Pokemon that make six-year-olds cry over how bad they are; rather, Butterfree has finally become a Pokemon worthy of use. With BW's gifts to her in the forms of Tinted Lens and Quiver Dance, Butterfree has found a comfortable place in the NU metagame as the most lethal Quiver Dance sweeper available. The picturesque combination of Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, and Tinted Lens makes for a lethal combination in NU, and Butterfree's stats are just good enough to utilize these moves perfectly. Butterfree is not just a one-trick pony (err, butterfly) either; she is also capable of firing off Compoundeyes Sleep Powders and Stun Spores if sweeping with Quiver Dance isn't your cup of tea. Despite her mediocre stats, downright awful typing, and various other tiny things that make her a poor Pokemon on paper, Butterfree has proven to be an excellent Pokemon in the NU metagame. After generations of disuse and mockery, you could say that Butterfree has finally evolved into that beautiful butterfly that she had wanted to be for so long.
    So for everone responding here, don't leave behind the lower tiers please
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

I have to say that Sheer Force on Nidoking is the DW ability I find the most useful. Especially since moves like Earth Power and Ice Beam is counted as moves which gains the effect, which really improves Nidokings ability of being an offensive powerhouse.
    While also negating Life Orb recoil, Nidoking gets an insanely + 63% boost to attacks without paying anything in return. Combined with Nidokings good coverage moves, I think this is a very good DW ability.
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges:

Sheer Force Life Orb Combination Increases Power Of a Move So Much Thats Why I Like It.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    Espeon is still pretty bad even with the ability, since Forre and Ferro can dent it with Gyro Ball, Forre can volt-switch out, Skarmory does solid damage with Brave Bird, and it can't switch in of offensive setters.

Gliscor was already a fantastic physical wall and Poison Heal made him even better, but it wasn't completely 100% amazing. The best abilities by far given out from the dream world were Speed Boost Blazi, Drizzle Toed, and Drought Tails. Blazi went Ubers because of this ability, and the two new weather setters have had an unbelievable impact on the metagame.
    No, Espeon is awesome. I have a flawless shiny Magic Bounce Espeon that is an amazing sweeper.
    Evanilluxe is my brother. If you have a brother on the forums, put this in your sig. (Started by Seanferno)
    PokeGyms Xat Box

Spoiler:- My Game Info:

Come visit my art shop!

Light Metal Scizor.

Multiscale, Moxie, and Prankster.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Seanferno View Post
    No, Espeon is awesome. I have a flawless shiny Magic Bounce Espeon that is an amazing sweeper.
    Way to prove your point. Scizor still kills it. Can't break through Multiscale Dragonite, and if multiscale is broken you'll be dying to Extremespeed. Nearly any scarfer will outspeed and kill it. It still fails to OHKO neutral bulky mons at +1. Spec D Jirachi and Scarfrachi beat it. It can set up on like...less than 10% of the meta if that. There are much much much better CM sweepers than Espeon, and really all it has over them is a nice speed tier, baton pass (Which Celebi can do better imo),, and the ability to be immune to Thunder Wave and Toxic (Which can be mended by Substitute on other Pokemon). Other than that you may as well use CM Keldeo (Decent bulk, strong STAB's, and good coverage), Jirachi (Fantastic typing, bulky, and great with rain), Celebi (Fantastic coverage, Great bulk, better recovery than Wish, and great against rain), Latias (Great STAB, great coverage moves, diverse movepool giving you many options, and better recovery than Wish), Latios (Good STAB, immediate power, and great coverage), or Reuniclus (Can use TRCM, reliable recovery outside of Wish and more power).

Quote Originally Posted by Seanferno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    Way to prove your point. Scizor still kills it. Can't break through Multiscale Dragonite, and if multiscale is broken you'll be dying to Extremespeed. Nearly any scarfer will outspeed and kill it. It still fails to OHKO neutral bulky mons at +1. Spec D Jirachi and Scarfrachi beat it. It can set up on like...less than 10% of the meta if that. There are much much much better CM sweepers than Espeon, and really all it has over them is a nice speed tier, baton pass (Which Celebi can do better imo),, and the ability to be immune to Thunder Wave and Toxic (Which can be mended by Substitute on other Pokemon). Other than that you may as well use CM Keldeo (Decent bulk, strong STAB's, and good coverage), Jirachi (Fantastic typing, bulky, and great with rain), Celebi (Fantastic coverage, Great bulk, better recovery than Wish, and great against rain), Latias (Great STAB, great coverage moves, diverse movepool giving you many options, and better recovery than Wish), Latios (Good STAB, immediate power, and great coverage), or Reuniclus (Can use TRCM, reliable recovery outside of Wish and more power).
    Wowowowowow I thought this thread is only for discussing Dream World abilities lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    All of you are forgetting Skill Link Cinccino. Technician is too shaky to her boosted multi hitting moves. With constant five hits, screw Multiscale, Sturdy, and Focus Sashes! She can break them and finish them off, a good reason to run her in all tiers despite the 95 attacks. I mean ... 115 base speed. This Chinchilla is a seriously underrated killer. I killed TERRAKIONS and a couple DRAGONITES with her. Still testing it with a Keldeo though. so SCREW majority of the OU pokemon. If you don't have Gengar and any Steel type pokemon with you, she can kill you. How's that OU jerkasses? Fun part is, give her Kings Rock and start fishing for flinches. you think getting Flinched by Jirachi, Togekiss, and Skymin is not enough ... what About Cinccino? Yeah ... Cloyster can do the same too.
    always thought of that. so underrated. :/

new here. nagulat ako sa sig mo nice to know may mga taga PH dito.

" I may look normal but I have lots of Potential. "

Quote Originally Posted by whowantshoney View Post
    always thought of that. so underrated. :/

new here. nagulat ako sa sig mo nice to know may mga taga PH dito.
    It's not really underrated :/ Gets really high usage in RU and is a really solid mon. Most people use Skill Link over Technician.

I think Regenator for Alomomala, tangela and Slowpoke
    was an great addition that really helps the pokemon.

My personal favorite is Flare Boost Drifblim though,
    its unqiue and makes him the strongest SP.attacker ghost pokemon in the metagame.

Poison Heal Gliscor
    Drizzle
    Drought
    Speed Boost-Blaziken
    Multiscale
    Regenerator
    Prankster- Sableye
    Sheer Force- Nidoqueen is a monster!
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast