Thread: The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!

Default The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!

There's alot of people coming or coming back into the tcg every few weeks -2 months so to maybe reduce the amount conversation to rehabilitate that point I'm making this.

Deck's : 60 cards only
    Preferred Eneregy: 20
    Preferred pokemon:20
    preferred Trainer, supporter, stadium: 20
    (tats bs)

Remember when reducing the amount of energy and or the amount of pokemon, to increase the T/S/S section depends on the combination of cards drawable and the usage of those card's for additional play. Same goes for expanding pokemon or energy.

Deck strategies.

Beyond the top type of deck's is deck type's, what makes a deck depends on strategy.

Aggro:Are your basic heavy hitter deck's. electivire secret wonder's as example
    Spread: Is to deal damage to all of your opponent's pokemon at once. skarmory FB supreme victor's as example
    Snipe: Being able to control the board in damage. garchomp C lv.X surpreme victor's
    Tank: Your basic tank and deal. torterra any set.
    control: this is split into disruption and lock, as for mentioned,
    -disruption: is where you mess up you're opponent's hand or you control the top of they're deck. slowking heart gold soul silver
    -lock: is where you stop them from drawing cards, using attack's, power's, ability's, cards, etc. gardevoir secret wonders.
    mill: discard or lost zone deck's type deck's. gengar prime undaunted
    Reversal: The ability to use your opponents attacks. alakazam expedition
    Energy burn deck's: The use of multiple energy at once. feraligator prime heart gold soul silver.
    Power deck's: decks that use nothing but the use of continuous powers or ability's. jolteon ex drop
    Donk: Turn one victory. shuppet platnium, sableye stormfront
    (anyone can add more)

format
    We are currently:

Next destinies
    Dark explorers
    Dragon's exalted
    Dragon vault
    Boundaries crossed
    Plasma storm
    Plasma freeze
    Plasma blast
    Legendary treasures
    X and Y

Help us help you
    For set id''s and To help people better understand the cards you put into your deck's you can use the card dex and put the abbreviation of the set, like for secret wonder's SW, or legend awakens, LA, to lower the amount of typing. For older set's, used by wizards of the coast is in the bottom corner of the image of the pokemon, those by the pokemon company put's them at the bottom right corner of the card.

If anyone has addition card errata ruling's.

The ranking system,
    junior, whenever they can play pokemon - 10,
    senior, 11 - 14,
    master, 15 up

Popular Questions:

Q:What cards are best? What set's are best?

A:Before you can answer that question please remember you have no idea what you're making, and no idea what you're getting into. I bet you 90% of the time seasoned or experienced player's are going to give you ideas for they're deck, or what is best used in they're area. It's better to go to a league, the reason to this is so you can know what cards are more effective against the player's in your area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that pretty much sum's it up. hopefully this helps out the newer or returning player's interested in starting up again into the tcg, also picking up a new theme deck always helps in understanding the rule's, peace.
    Last edited by ven?; 23rd March 2014 at 8:30 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

When it comes to energy cards does it have to be from the current sets or past sets?

Quote Originally Posted by davester21 View Post
    When it comes to energy cards does it have to be from the current sets or past sets?
    It can be any set.

Not to be rude. But when reading this take it with a grain of salt. Especially the deckbuilding part. Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

The deck building part was to get people away from making unbalanced decks of 23 pokemon, 27 energy, and 5-10 T/S/S, even making a deck of perfect 20 has made it to worlds top 20 a few times, so don't diss.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Good stuff. Thanks fellow Trainer.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Don't post in threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

*Closes*
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱