Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Facing Fear With Eyes Wide Open! (694)

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    WTF?!

There was no evidence, none, squat, zilch, nada, that Ash would get it. That is the randomest capture I've ever seen(Well, heard about).
    To be honest, the situation was kind of the same when Ash caught Muk way back when
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I didn't think the episode was bad - it just had way too many things going on at once.
    Oshawott mastering Aqua Jet.
    Oshawott learning how to battle underwater.
    Ash capturing Palpitoad.
    Cilan capturing Stunfisk.
    The pokemon being poisoned.

The episode seemed more like the video games than anything else - with spur-of-the-moment captures, kind of like when Ash captured his Muk back in Kanto.

Stunfisk is absolutely hilarious though.

No, I'm not giving anyone credit for my team pose because I made it myself.

Stunfisk is on the main cast. This is the best thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Stunfisk is on the main cast. This is the best thing ever.
    Once the awesomeness of Ash catching Palpitoad wears off, I'll probably be pissed Cilan caught Stunfisk. Until then, I'll be happy.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I freaken knew Palpitoad would get captured!!!!!!! But dento catching the deep??? Oh the writers and there comparisons to the old series, psyduck shall always be the derpiest so don't try to replace it!!! Finally the oshawott eps are over well for two episodes at least lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    Why do you guys think its so bad? It isn't as bad as a Magikarp.
    I have no beef with Stunfisk, or Magikrp, or even Palpitoad to that extent, but the randomness and pointlessness of the capture if just stupid. Why did he get it? To stop it from being annoying them? Or did he actually like it? As Mr.Munchlax said, it was probably just a Muk sort of capture, I hope Palpitoad is used rarely, Swadloon needs more attention.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    and now we're stuck with a flat faced fish. God I hope somebody stomps it's face.
    Have you seen Stunfisk? I think somebody already did that.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

This is the first episode where two cast members caught a new Pokemon and the first time all 3 main cast members have an Electric-type on their team. Fantastic episode.
    On my YouTube channel, I am currently LPing Pokémon Black. Upcoming is Donkey Kong Country and previously done is Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land.

^Yes to the second, but as to the first, Jessie and May each caught a Wurmple in the same episode, so yeah.l

I gotta say, did not see any of this coming at all. I thought that if anything, Jessie would catch Stunfisk as a Wobbuffet replacement, as well as a pitfall trap replacement (instead of digging holes for the twerps to fall in, Stunfisk could've just hidden in their path, and zapped them when they stepped on it). But at least there's a Stunfisk in the main cast, that's the important thing.

As for Ash catching Palpitoad... Eh. Don't get me wrong, it's great that he's catching stuff for no apparent reason again, but... Seismitoad is butt ugly. I would've prefered Ash catching Stunfisk. I mean, Cilan will probably be written off the show eventually, and Stunfisk with him. But Ash is a constant. Which means there would have ALWAYS been the possibility of him using it. But Arceus forbid Ash gets a second Electric-type, am I right?

Still, as I say, it's great that a main character has a Stunfisk, and that Ash is starting to catch random stuff for no apparent reason once more. Really opens up a few possibilities for Ash, right? Like, Foongus, Trubbish, Venipede... dare I say Weezing? I mean, you know, eventually. Obviously we're not gonna see a Weezing in Unova, but I mean eventually, like, in Generation VI, or a filler saga in Hoenn. But I'm getting off-topic here.

I hope Cilan uses Stunfisk often. It's a cool Pokemon that needs the screentime. As for Ash and Palpitoad... If it stays a Palpitoad, I won't complain. If it evolves... Well, maybe the anime will tone down Seismitoad's ugliness a bit, or the species might grow on me a bit by the time it would become an isshu...

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Well, now I defiently know that this is the worst episode ever, and I'm serious. When Palpitoad evolves, the first ever Pokemon perv joins the team, and now we're stuck with a flat faced fish.
    Excuse me, but what do you mean? I'm having a hard time following what you meant. How is Palpitoad a perv?

Hurrayz! We get to see Stunfisk in future episodes! I love Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Hurrayz! We get to see Stunfisk in future episodes! I love Pokemon!
    YES!

Cilan + Stunfisk = M ORE STUNFISK!

though I still wish Ash caught it instead, I am glad someone caught it...

my fav episode yet
    .................................................. ......................

Seemed like a nice episode. Much mijumaru development made the episode much better than just a capture. I like his personality and I think it is going to be a big powerhouse in the end, but probably not gonna evolve due to being very very cute and funny. I thought Dento was gonna go Jessy way of capturing pokemon when he started to use his rod as a weapon (like she did seviper) but I guess we didn't get to see his fury swipes, would be funny though.
    Black 2 team:

I'm glad Ash got Palpitoad, as I think it suits him nicely. But Cilan with Stunfisk. . ! Hahaha! Although I've gotta say that anime Stunfisk doesn't look nearly as derpy as game Stunfisk. Plus, move-mastering for Oshawott. (:

I have no beef with Stunfisk, or Magikrp, or even Palpitoad to that extent, but the randomness and pointlessness of the capture if just stupid. Why did he get it? To stop it from being annoying them? Or did he actually like it? As Mr.Munchlax said, it was probably just a Muk sort of capture, I hope Palpitoad is used rarely, Swadloon needs more attention.
    So, that's like saying I can't randomly capture a Pokemon in my game. There doesn't have to be a concrete reason for a capture.

Why did he get it? To stop it from being annoying them? Or did he actually like it? As Mr.Munchlax said, it was probably just a Muk sort of capture, I hope Palpitoad is used rarely, . . .
    First of all, thank you

Secondly, if I had to guess, it would probably be because Palpitoad & Stunfisk were sort of like gangster or bullies or something and if Ash & Cilan didn't catch them they wouldn't be able to get the seaweed Iris needed to heal the other pokemon from the Foongus's (Foongi's) Poison powder.

Plus, maybe Ash also caught Palpitoad because he saw Trip was interested one in the previous episode, though I'm still debating whether or not it's the same one -,-
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by minredd View Post
    Well, now I defiently know that this is the worst episode ever, and I'm serious. When Palpitoad evolves, the first ever Pokemon perv joins the team, and now we're stuck with a flat faced fish.
    Excuse me, but what do you mean? I'm having a hard time following what you meant. How is Palpitoad a perv?
    Waterpokes could be referring to Seismitoad's stare.
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    < - (Not bad for a first attempt at a banner eh? banner's mine)

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    So, that's like saying I can't randomly capture a Pokemon in my game. There doesn't have to be a concrete reason for a capture.
    Of course he can capture it randomly, there's no stopping him for doing that. It's just stupid, it was just too weird of a capture.

Plus, now Cilan has a Stunfisk, sure it looks a bit better in the anime, but it being on the main cast? I might just have to skip its appearances from now on, Two stupid captures waisted, in my opinion.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

How nice it is to actually be surprised for once! I'm loving all the little twists and turns in this saga. Stunfisk is an unexpected yet absolutely awesome addition. Hope to see Cilan release him onto ground and then stand by dumbly as he flops around. I'm guessing Palpitoad is this generation's Muk; he'll probably reappear thirty episodes later for a gym battle and then evolve. Something like that.

Oshawott's development is slowly becoming my favorite. The way he flips back and forth between confident and frightened is great, and his Aqua Jet issue (opening his eyes underwater) is such a simple yet ingenius plot hurdle. Here's to hoping one of Ash's other Pokemon have equally interesting moments.

Also, I'm glad that TR is taking a small break. They may have slipped back into a modified version of their old selves (a seriously unfortunate turn), but at least the writers are smartly using them in regulated amounts. Moderation makes them more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    First of all, thank you

Secondly, if I had to guess, it would probably be because Palpitoad & Stunfisk were sort of like gangster or bullies or something and if Ash & Cilan didn't catch them they wouldn't be able to get the seaweed Iris needed to heal the other pokemon from the Foongus's (Foongi's) Poison powder.

Plus, maybe Ash also caught Palpitoad because he saw Trip was interested one in the previous episode, though I'm still debating whether or not it's the same one -,-
    Yeah, that's probably why they got them, but if that's the only reason they did it, then there's no point keeping them anymore. And the Palpitoad is a different one, the other one acted a bit differently I think and it definitely looks different.

^We've been over this playerking, Pokemon you don't like =/= wasted captures...

So. Was not expecting the Palpitoad capture to be honest. I was just expecting Aqua Jet perfection alone, but a double capture? Jeez.

I literally laughed my head off when I saw Cilan's updated character bio.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightdsb View Post
    ^We've been over this playerking, Pokemon you don't like =/= wasted captures...

So. Was not expecting the Palpitoad capture to be honest. I was just expecting Aqua Jet perfection alone, but a double capture? Jeez.

I literally laughed my head off when I saw Cilan's updated character bio.
    Well no ----. Of course that's what I meant, hence, "In my opinion".

>.>'

When I saw what happened in this episode on Bulbpedia, I thought someone was just trolling, but alas, it was true. I hope this doesn't mean that Trip can't get one, despite Ash having one. At least it's rotting at Junipers.

I'm ok with Cilan catching Stunfisk, but Ash catching palpitoad? Oshawott's chances of evolving are ruined.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

I did not see this coming. Two captures? Wow. And Palpitoad and Stunfisk...yay.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast