Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Facing Fear With Eyes Wide Open! (694)

This episode was a neat one indeed. Two new additions to the gangs' Pokemon, Palpitoad and Stunfisk. They were a pretty neat duo in the lake scene.

And seriously, what can't Cilan be? He's like the whole package, now that we know he can also fish. xD

Oshawott made the episode enjoyable as well. The aqua jets look very cool every time. Especially now that he has his eyes open. But on second though, Oshawott would look adorable with goggles on. I know having eyes open in the water can really strain eyes.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Is it just me or has Ash been shirtless more times in BW then in Advanced and DP combined.

So was Palpitoad pissed at Ash for falling on it last episode?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    So was Palpitoad pissed at Ash for falling on it last episode?
    Different one.

I really enjoyed this episode. It was fantastic to see oshawott finally overcome his fear of being underwater with his eyes open. Once again it was Ash's belief in him that caused him to conquer his fears; the poisoned pokemon just gave oshawott an excuse to be underwater for a lengthy amount of time.

In other news, it was unexpected we had two captures in this episode. To be perfectly honest I didn't expect any but I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone is saying that Cilan's stunfisk was stupid it didn't seem that way to me (time will tell). Also, Palpitoad seems very strong already so less development may be required.

Finally, I loved how all the pokemon were having fun together (bar Emolga causing trouble). Great Episode .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Different one.
    No, it's the same Palpitoad.

I still like this episode in the dub. Probably in my top 5 of BW. Stunfisk's voice isn't as deep and creepy as the Japanese 'Maggyo', but I still hate it in a funny way.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    No, it's the same Palpitoad.

I still like this episode in the dub. Probably in my top 5 of BW. Stunfisk's voice isn't as deep and creepy as the Japanese 'Maggyo', but I still hate it in a funny way.
    No it's a different one. Even the voices are different.

Random : PokéRadar

Why did Ash and Cilan have to go ahead and catch two of the most ugly Pokémon of the region? Also, where did Ash pull a Pokéball from. His shorts? Or somewhere else? o-o And Cilan was brutal to that Stunfisk. Being thrown around with the end of a fishing rod stuck in you is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    I really enjoyed this episode. It was fantastic to see oshawott finally overcome his fear of being underwater with his eyes open. Once again it was Ash's belief in him that caused him to conquer his fears; the poisoned pokemon just gave oshawott an excuse to be underwater for a lengthy amount of time.

In other news, it was unexpected we had two captures in this episode. To be perfectly honest I didn't expect any but I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone is saying that Cilan's stunfisk was stupid it didn't seem that way to me (time will tell). Also, Palpitoad seems very strong already so less development may be required.

Finally, I loved how all the pokemon were having fun together (bar Emolga causing trouble). Great Episode .
    You mean bar Scraggy.

Kupo'ing to Victory! ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - The Wonderful 101

If only we could hit pokemon with fishing rods. And weaken for capture. Ash catches too much in this season and i hope this "Roggenrola" will be the last. Pika, Osha, Tepig, Snivy, Tran, Swad, Scrag, Palp, and Rogg.
        Spoiler:- Friend Safari Info:

I officially claimed Slaking, the most American pokemon there is. Rawr.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGJRA View Post
    If only we could hit pokemon with fishing rods. And weaken for capture. Ash catches too much in this season and i hope this "Roggenrola" will be the last. Pika, Osha, Tepig, Snivy, Tran, Swad, Scrag, Palp, and Rogg.
    *Points to spoiler tag*

Good episode. I liked how there were two captures (Palpitoad and Stunfisk) in one episode, both at the same time by Ash and Cilan.

As for the Pokemon getting poisoned, well, it was Scraggy's fault for getting into trouble by annoying the Foongus. The Pokemon could have dodged the poisonous scent, but it was too late.

Snivy and Emolga are both still at it in their rivalry.

And it's good to see that Oshawott finally mastered Aqua Jet, as well as having its eyes open underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    No it's a different one. Even the voices are different.
    sound the same to me and a great voice it is as well
    .................................................. ......................

Quote Originally Posted by jscholfield View Post
    sound the same to me and a great voice it is as well
    In the Japanese version the Trip Palpitoad was obviously voiced by a guy.

Ash's Palpitoad was voiced by the Japanese VA of Officer Jenny, a girl.

Different voices, different Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Besides, voices should never be used to determine gender. Remember Yanmega?
    Demonic Voice =/= Masculine Voice.

And if you listen very carefully, beyond that demonic voice is a tinge of a feminine tone, it sounds a lot like the old deep woman voice.

Of course granted that happened after it was revealed to be female.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    You mean bar Scraggy.
    No I meant what I said maybe I didn't make myself clear enough.

Scraggy wasn't really playing with the other pokemon but emolga was trying to cause trouble to snivy with the ball.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    You mean bar Scraggy.
    Scraggy's just looking for some hee-hoes like any proper member of his species.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

I enjoyed the episode.

I love Palpitoad's dub voice. Stunfisk's voice was pretty cool too. Foongus and Tympole were fine by me.

I would have thought Palpitoad would have been the "Who's that Pokemon?" but it was Foongus surprisingly. Also surprised that Ash mentioned Tympole by name, from what I remember he didn't do so in the Japanese version.

I enjoyed the episode as much as the Japanese version.
    Click and feed/warm my Pokemon/eggs, something amazing happens:

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I would have thought Palpitoad would have been the "Who's that Pokemon?" but it was Foongus surprisingly. .
    Yeah they don't usually do Pokemon introduced after the commercial break. Like in BW006 they did Audino instead of Munna/Musharna

I enjoyed how the palpitoad's and stunfisk's dub voices turned out palpitoad's was dead on accurate stunfisk's was amazing and the foongus voices were cool two but the dub was good.
    3DS Friend Code: 3652-1012-6122 Add me.
    "I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." SomeLikeItHoth
    This is why I love Gamefaqs lol.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/68277484

Awesome catch for Ash! Palpitoad was really strong too... Cilan's fishing skills are impressive too... why don't they all catch water pokemon like that

What started out as a good training episode was quickly ruined by the inclusion of Palpitoad being a dick. Why do we need to setup false conflict with Pokemon that are just in the episode to be the jerks. I would much rather seen them explore why Oshawott didn't like opening his eyes underwater, but no the writers decided to go the easy route and and create false conflict when they're was no need for it.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    What started out as a good training episode was quickly ruined by the inclusion of Palpitoad being a dick. Why do we need to setup false conflict with Pokemon that are just in the episode to be the jerks. I would much rather seen them explore why Oshawott didn't like opening his eyes underwater, but no the writers decided to go the easy route and and create false conflict when they're was no need for it.
    Why was it false? I thought it was quite simply palpitoad being annoyed due to it's territory being invaded. However, I do agree with you that an exploration underwater as well as an explanation for oshawott's fear would have been nice to see.

Apparently i'm a...

Oshawott can control aqua jet's direction... That is is very special

Loved this episode although any with Oshawott being a main focus I lked. And Oshawott mastered aqua yet as well which was cool and Ash and Clian each got a new pokemon. Im liking Ash and Clians friendship as well

Ugh, stunfisk, probably my least favorite of the Unova team's pokemon. I'm not very fond of it in the games, either. It's the dunsparce of the DS games- useful but I don't like it and it doesn't evolve (I prefer working with pokemon that do). But I do like Palpitoad, especially its gurgling voice. It's also interesting to see two regulars capture a pokemon in the same episode, that's really unusual. I think May and Jessie (with their Wurmples) were about the only other ones, right? I'm also glad Ash finally got Oshawott to get over its fears of seeing underwater. I love Oshawott.

8/10
    Celebrating 15 years of Pokemon, now through December 2013

My Shinies: NEW!! 4/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast