Thread: We're Star Fox!

Default We're Star Fox!

After catching Forretress, I came to the conclusion that it looks like a giant brain. Like Andross... From there, I came up with the concept for this team. They've all been caught/hatched, but not trained yet:

Andross
    @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
    Relaxed
    Sturdy
    244HP, 12 Def, 252 SpD

- Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Gyro Ball
    - Payback

Only she has the brains to lead the team! EVs are for maximum Lefties recovery, and to take special hits, particularly Draco Meteors.
    If I predict an offensive lead, I Spike. If I need to spin, I do. Payback is for Spinblockers. Spikes is used over Stealth Rock as it does more damage to Steels
    If I predict status/entry hazards, I switch to...

FoxMcCloud
    @ Choice Specs
    Timid
    Magic Bounce
    6 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

- Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Grass Knot
    - HP Fire

Magic Bounce allows Fox to Barrel Roll stats and hazards back to the enemy. Specs over Calm Mind for quicker damage dealing, and to quicken the surprise attack against Ferro, Scizor and other Steels who think they're safe. The other moves are the best Special moves he has. Psyshock over Psychic to stop special walls.

Falco
    @ Evoilite
    Bold
    Trace
    152 HP, 180 Def, 168 SpD

- Discharge
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Magic Coat

The best "Falco" I could find. Personally, I disagree with Smogon's philosophy of maxing Porygon2's HP, because the Eviolite isn't boosting that stat. Trace allows him to mess with users of Flash Fire, Intimidate, Poison Heal, etc.
    Magic Coat over ThunderWave/Toxic to give him a way to "Barrel Roll," for the surprise factor, and because status moves seem redundant with Discharge.

Aparoid
    @ Eject Button
    Bold
    Mummy
    252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpA

- Will-o-Wisp
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - HP Fighting

Basic idea: Cripple physical hits, absorb special ones, hit back with amazing coverage. His main purpose, however, is to be switched in when a contact move is prediced, Mummify (or Infect) the enemy, and immediately Eject out to bring in...

Landmaster
    @ Life Orb/Chople Berry/Shell Bell
    Adamant
    Truant
    252 Atk, 100 Def, 136 SpD, 20 Spe

- Pursuit
    - Return
    - Bulk Up
    - Slack Off

He should emerge against a Mummified opponent. Pursuit is used immediately to catch them while they think they've safely ruined his plan to ditch Truant. From then on, Boost, Sweep, Recover, Repeat.
    The EVs are a bulky spread from the Smogon analysis, ensuring he lasts as long as possible.
    Bulk Up + Return decimates almost everything, and after a boost, Pursuit can lay down the hurt on cocky Ghosts. (Though Focus Blast Gengar still needs to be watched)
    This set does have a problem with Steel types, so ideally, any Steels should be wiped out before Landmaster is sent in.

Slippy
    @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Torrent
    236 HP, 252 Def, 22 SpA

- Scald
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Roar/Hammer Arm

The team needed another Physical attack which can hurt Steels. Scald's burn chance is always nice, and Ice Beam hits Dragons. Roar for Phazing/ruining setups, or Hammer Arm for better coverage. (Not sure which to go for)
    EVs are for max Lefties recovery and Outrage survival, with a little more power added to the weaker Attacking stat.

So, that's it. Any comments would be appreciated, particularly regarding items & EV spreads, since I'm most unsure about those aspects.
    Last edited by Roughneck JB; 20th May 2011 at 1:28 AM.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 3738-0826-8883. In-Game Name: JB, Mii Name: Horus

My Gen VI Trade Shop, JB's Tenacious Depot

The reason for maxing HP is because it gives more bulkiness on both stats. Instead of trying to focus on one or the other. The HP gives it bulk in both stats then you could fill in the other Def stat with remaining EV's.
        Spoiler:- Favorite Pokes:

Spoiler:- What am I?:

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck JB View Post

@ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Sturdy
    244HP, 12 Def, 252 SpD

- Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Gyro Ball
    - Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes

FoxMcCloud
    @ Choice Specs
    Timid
    Magic Bounce
    6 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

- Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick
    - HP Fire

Falco
    @ Evoilite
    Bold
    Trace
    152 HP, 180 Def, 168 SpD

- Discharge
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - T-Wave/Toxic

Aparoid
    @ Leftovers
    Bold
    Mummy
    252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpA

- Will-o-Wisp
    - Calm Mind
    - Shadow Ball
    - HP Fighting

Landmaster
    @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    Truant
    252 Atk 252 Hp/ 4 Spd

- Return
    - Earthquake
    - Hammer Arm
    - Stone Edge

Slippy
    @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Torrent
    236 HP, 252 Def, 22 SpA

- Scald
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Roar
    Changes in Bold, ask questions if you have any

I chase the dream, not the competition.

I think that the idea of Choice Band Slaking and Mummy neutralizer Slaking are two differnent concepts that shouldn't be mixed. When Mummy takes care of Truant, it naturally should want to stay in against future oponents, which is much harder to do when it is locked into a move, and switching would make the mummy idea for nothing, since with the CB it can OHKO most things. I'd use a life orb instead so that it can stay in and switch attacks to sweep more efficiently.

@DragonMaster: Espeon can't have Trick and Magic Bounce at the same time. (Believe me, I checked), and as Phione said, Choice Band renders the entire Mummy strategy useless.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 3738-0826-8883. In-Game Name: JB, Mii Name: Horus

My Gen VI Trade Shop, JB's Tenacious Depot

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck JB View Post
    After catching Forretress, I came to the conclusion that it looks like a giant brain. Like Andross... From there, I came up with the concept for this team. They've all been caught/hatched, but not trained yet:

Andross
    @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Sturdy
    244HP, 12 Def, 252 SpD

- Stealth rocks
    - Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Volt switch

Only she has the brains to lead the team! EVs are for maximum Lefties recovery, and to take special hits, particularly Draco Meteors.
    If I predict an offensive lead, I Spike. If I need to spin, I do. Payback is for Spinblockers. Spikes is used over Stealth Rock as it does more damage to Steels with espeon you don't need rapid spin so use rocks instead, also volt switch over payback for a switch against magnezones who try and set up with charge beam.
    If I predict status/entry hazards, I switch to...

FoxMcCloud
    @ Choice Specs
    Timid
    Magic Bounce
    6 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

- Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Grass Knot
    - HP Fire

Magic Bounce allows Fox to Barrel Roll stats and hazards back to the enemy. Specs over Calm Mind for quicker damage dealing, and to quicken the surprise attack against Ferro, Scizor and other Steels who think they're safe. The other moves are the best Special moves he has. Psyshock over Psychic to stop special walls. Looks good to me.

Falco
    @ Evoilite
    Bold
    Trace
    252 hp, 180 def, 72 spdef

- Thunder bolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - thunder wave

The best "Falco" I could find. Personally, I disagree with Smogon's philosophy of maxing Porygon2's HP, because the Eviolite isn't boosting that stat. Trace allows him to mess with users of Flash Fire, Intimidate, Poison Heal, etc.
    Magic Coat over ThunderWave/Toxic to give him a way to "Barrel Roll," for the surprise factor, and because status moves seem redundant with Discharge. Magic coat is unnessecary with espeon so T-wave instead, alsi this means you can have thunder bolt over discharge.

Aparoid
    @ Eject Button
    Bold
    Mummy
    252 HP, 252 def, 4 spdef

- Will-o-Wisp
    - Calm Mind
    - Hex
    - HP Fighting

Basic idea: Cripple physical hits, absorb special ones, hit back with amazing coverage. His main purpose, however, is to be switched in when a contact move is prediced, Mummify (or Infect) the enemy, and immediately Eject out to bring in... 4 in spdef doesn't make that much of a differance but every little helps, also hex over shadow ball because of WOW.

Landmaster
    @ Life orb
    Adamant
    Truant
    252 Atk, 252 hp, 4 def

- Pursuit
    - Return
    - hammer arm
    - Slack Off

He should emerge against a Mummified opponent. Pursuit is used immediately to catch them while they think they've safely ruined his plan to ditch Truant. From then on, Boost, Sweep, Recover, Repeat.
    The EVs are a bulky spread from the Smogon analysis, ensuring he lasts as long as possible.
    Bulk Up + Return decimates almost everything, and after a boost, Pursuit can lay down the hurt on cocky Ghosts. (Though Focus Blast Gengar still needs to be watched)
    This set does have a problem with Steel types, so ideally, any Steels should be wiped out before Landmaster is sent in. just max hp and atk, it works much better, pursuit is a nice idea. Hammer arm over bulk up for coverage but keep slack off to heal life orb damage.

Slippy
    @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Torrent
    236 HP, 252 Def, 22 spatk

- Scald
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Roar

The team needed another Physical attack which can hurt Steels. Scald's burn chance is always nice, and Ice Beam hits Dragons. Roar for Phazing/ruining setups, or Hammer Arm for better coverage. (Not sure which to go for)
    EVs are for max Lefties recovery and Outrage survival, with a little more power added to the weaker Attacking stat. Roar is much better because it can eject skarmory amd other steels that resist earthquake.

So, that's it. Any comments would be appreciated, particularly regarding items & EV spreads, since I'm most unsure about those aspects.
    Nice team, changes in bold. Also I'll check the threat list then update this post later.

Oh, and one more thing... Politoed would be a better slippy.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::