Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #21

Bleh, It's a piece of clay/rock that muddles it's opponent's brain. I wish it could actually mess with its enemies mind...Oh, wait. Zoroark already does that.

This has probably been stated, but Beheeyem is nearly completely outclassed by de blob Reuniclus. Higher HP, lower Speed, Focus Blast, far superior abilities... It's just better. A shame, because it's really awesome, and it come into being during the meaning of life, the universe, and everything. So Beheeyem has to work with the options Reuniclus doesn't have. And granted, it does have a few handy ones, Nasty Plot, Simple Beam, Disable and Psych Up. But his pitiful speed restricts it to Trick Room Double or Triple teams.

A Trick Room Set
    Beheeyem@Leftovers? Light Clay? What else?
    Ability:Telepathy
    EVs: Maxed Sp. Atk. and HP, I suppose
    Nasty Plot/Recover/Light Screen
    Shadow Ball/Psychic
    HP (Fighting)/Light Screen
    Reflect/Recover

Nasty Plot boosts Atk. Recover recovers. Light Screen with Light Clay. Psychic is STAB, Shadow Ball and HP (Fighting) is perfect coverage. Reflect helps your Defense.

In double/triple battles, telepathy is always a bonus. Trick room works best in doubles/triples/rotation, to. It also has dual screen support.

Supporter
    252HP/128def/128spdef
    Leftovers, Light Clay, or Damp Rock
    Relaxed/Bold
    -Trick Room/Light Screen/Reflect/Rain Dance/Thunder Wave/Recover

Support for Trickroom or Rain teams, along with Lightscreen/Reflect/Thunderwave to annoy the enemy.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Hm... Yep.

This POTW isn't gonna be a big one. Noting inferiority to Reuniclus, Awesome strategy-wise in Multi-Battles, Noting Analytic is a good way to actually cause damage, and good supportive move-pool. This guy is good in UU Multi, but never take him outa UU Multi, or he dies... Yep. Thats pretty much it.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

What you could do, even as an option, is use Skill Swap and dump Telepathy on someone in a Single... but that probably wouldn't work very well.
    I'm back. And ready for more battling.

[Img]http://i55.*******.com/k1cdxu.gif[/img]
    [Img]http://i56.*******.com/2lx856h.gif[/Img][Img]http://i51.*******.com/206yn8i.gif[/Img]

Thanks to Mew_ and Sarah- for the banner, and PikaPika 677 for the MD animations.

Toxic Stall
    Beheeyem@Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    EV's: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 Spd

~Toxic
    ~Protect/Calm Mind
    ~Recover
    ~Psychic/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Thunder Wave

More of a stallish beheeyem. Toxic/protect is the basis of this set (although calm mind can be used for your special defense) and it actually works pretty well in beheeyem's UU/NU status. Recover for health. The last move is so you don't get wrecked by taunt, but if you really don't care, run thunder wave.

Quote Originally Posted by 365pokemon View Post
    Toxic Stall
    Beheeyem@Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    EV's: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 Spd

~Toxic
    ~Protect/Calm Mind
    ~Recover
    ~Psychic/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Thunder Wave

More of a stallish beheeyem. Toxic/protect is the basis of this set (although calm mind can be used for your special defense) and it actually works pretty well in beheeyem's UU/NU status. Recover for health. The last move is so you don't get wrecked by taunt, but if you really don't care, run thunder wave.
    Isn't that a waste of 125 base special attack?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Beheeyem@Leftovers
    Sassy 252HP 4Spa 252Spd
    Analytic
    - Recover
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt/Energy Ball/Shadow Ball/HP (Your Choice)
    - Calm Mind

This set makes Beheeyem a tankish guy. Use Calm Mind to boost his stats then recover any damage he may have taken from that. Pyschic is the obvious STAB. Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, and Hidden Power are mainly for coverage.
    My teams (big rotation team on Black)

LeafGreen -
    Emerald -
    Black -

supporter and/or disruptor

Sassy / Calm nature
    252 HP/252 Sp.Def/4 Def
    Telepathy
    ~ Psychic / Psyshock
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Simple Beam
    ~ Trick Room / Reflect / Light Screen

Leftovers / Light Clay

Though this set is mainly for double , triple and rotational battles,it's still effective in normal battles and I highly recommend it.

Psychic and psyshock gets STAB though psyshock attacks the defense stats than special defense .

Shadow Ball gives good coverage ,super effective from other psychics as well as ghosts and prevents falling under the victim of the infamous Taunt/Torment combo which have been surfacing thanks to prankster.

Simple Beam turns the ability to simple and is mainly for removing hindering abilities to your partners in double/triple battles like Slaking'sTruant,Regigigas's Slow Start or Archen / Archeops 's Defeatist. In 1v1 battles it can be a blessing or a curse cause with good prediction, your oppenent cause use that same simple beam to remove their pokemon's hindering nature.

the last can either be Trick Room or one of the Dual Screens.

As for the Natures and Items , Sassy & Leftovers if running Trick Room , Calm & Light Clay if using the screens.

Hey, Beheeyem has Ally Switch!
    Beheeyem @ Life Orb
    Trait: Telepathy
    Modest Nature
    - Ally Switch
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psyshock

Boost your SpA with Nasty Plot when your opponent switches to Beheeyem counter. Troll them with Ally Switch as it has +1 priority.

"Invasion of the Bug-Eyed Monster"
    Ability: Analytic
    Stats: Relaxed, 252 Sp.Atk, 129 Defense & Sp.Def
    Moves: Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power (Fighting)

Sometimes, simplicity is best. TBolt for Bug/Flying counters, Shadow Ball and HP (Fighting) for coverage, Psyshock to prevent Special Walls like Blissey and Snorlax from doing their job. Get a few defensive buffs in with Baton Pass and you can rip through another opponent (or two) before dropping. With traps, you can sweep that much better.

This Beheeyem is not a good lead (what Beheeyem is?), so make sure you can give good backup (or get good setup).

Side Note: Why does everyone automatically say "0 Speed IV" with Pokemon that need to be slow? Having 1, 2, or 3 yields the same Speed result, plus 2 and 3 yield better Base Powers for Hidden Power (short of Technician).

Wild Card Sweeper.

Beheeyem@Wise Glasses
    Modest, Mischievous
    252 Sp. Attack/252 Sp. Defense/4 Speed
    Ability: Telepathy
    Nasty Plot, Psychic
    Thunderblot, Trick Room

A sweeping Beheeyem. The first move will be Trick Room to allow Beheeyem to strike first. Next, it will use Nasty Plot several times (If possible). Finally, sweep opponents with Thunderbolt and Psychic.

Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Ooooh... i just thought of a goood 'un.

Wait... what?
    Item: Wise Glasses
    Nature: Modest (+Spatk, -Atk)
    Moves:
    Simple Beam
    Skill Swap
    Calm Mind
    ~Insert Special move~

Ok, this is all reliant on your opponent not hitting you. I know it's a daft idea, but hear me out.
    You use simple beam, to make their ability simple, then you swap it to yourself, and use calm mind, THEN you kick their ***. it woorks in theory... in practice... watch out for general pain...
    EV's in Speed, special attack, then the last one in... Hp or special defence, you decide

Work with me, you crazy fooo'
    Item: Focus Band/ Light Clay/ Red Card
    Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
    Moves:
    Simple Beam
    Power Split/Recover/Light Screen/Reflect
    Trick Room/ Thunder Wave
    Psychic/shock

This is designed for 2v2, or even 3v3, the idea is that you use simple beam on something that uses a stat booster, and allow it to do some damage, the next move is to make you survive. Power Split Nullifies physical opponents, but the screens reduce overall damage. Recover can be used, so you stay as a living target.
    Next move is all about sloing the opposition down, trick room can be used on slower teams, otherwise use thunderwave, it cripples mose sweepers, mwahahahahaha
    Last move is to stop you being taunt bait.

EV's in Defence, Special defence, then the last "one" in Hp.
    Mmmmm Steel types...

It seems to me, you lived your life like a Litwick in a Whirlwind, never knowing who to Klink to when the Drizzle set in, and i Sudowoodo like to know you, when I was just an Elekid , but the Litwick burned out long before the legend ever did...

Proud Member of "The Triumvirate"

Credit to Gladeshadow

Quite honestly the funniest thing that i have ever heard:
    Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...
    DFTBA

Doubles and Triples Beeheyem.

Beeheyem@Lum Berry/Kasib Berry/Tanga Berry/Mental Herb
    Sassy - Telepathy
    252 HP/252 Sp.Def/4 Sp.Atk
    -Trick Room
    -Simple Beam
    -Recover
    -Psychic/Psyshock

A set that I use. This Beeheyem gives its team Trick Room support that it also benefits from. But Beeheyem's true selling point is helping pokemon fit into Trick Room. This is Where Simple Beam comes in. Simple Beam has the utility of changing your ally's ability into Simple while also getting rid of an opponent's otherwise useful ability. But why would you use Simple Beam of your teammates?

For starters, here's a list of pokemon who get Curse. Particularly, the ones who can use it to great effect. Interested?

Slowbro, Onix, Slowking, Steelix, Torkoal, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Torterra, Bibarel, Carracosta, Ferrothorn, Venusaur, Golem, Farfetch'd, Muk, Exeggutor, Weezing, Rhydon, Lapras, Vaporeon, Flareon, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Crobat, Sudowoodo, Sunflora, Quagsire, Umbreon, Dunsparce, Magcargo, Piloswine, Corsola, Skarmory, Miltank, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Swampert, Aggron, Swalot, Wailord, Cradily, Armaldo, Tropius, Absol, Walrein, Gastrodon, Hippowdon, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Leafeon, Mamoswine, Emboar, Gigalith, Crustle, Garbodor, Stunfisk, Heatmor.

Bolded are the pokemon who know moves that can also hurt Beeheyem in Doubles and Triples. Explosion, Earthquake, Selfdestruct, as well as special moves like Surf, Lava Plume, Discharge, Sludge Wave, which can be boosted further with Charge Beam, Nasty Plot, some of which they're in possesion of.

Recover is on the moveset to take advantage of the fact that Beeheyem is one of the few Trick Room pokemon with a reliable recovery move. Now, Beeheyem isn't very bulky naturally, which is why the nature and spread are there to help Beeheyem take strong hits like Shadow Balls or Fire Blasts, or Draco Meteors, which are always nasty. Psychic or Psyshock is up to you, but Psychic is preferred since most pokemon with high Sp.Def usually have high Sp.Atk, which still won't do much to a Beeheyem with this spread.

With the above set, this Beeheyem is made for Doubles and Triples support. Being the only pokemon with access to Simple Beam and Telepathy, this is justified. In Trick Room, he can support teammates who would normally have trouble in the environment by fully taking advantage of Curse.

The above set can also be tailored to exclude Trick Room. Shadow Ball, Disable, Miracle Eye, Thunder Wave, all up to you.

Think Psychic Thoughts

Beeheyem@Twisted Spoon
    Quiet - Synchronize
    252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Def.
    -Trick Room
    -Calm Mind
    -ThunderBolt
    -Psychic

So you have a Beheeyem. That's great! In my perspective they can be good as long as you use 'em right. Now to start, ALWAYS start with trick room. Beheeyem is a slow pokemon who will most likely go first when trick room is used. If you think u may be able to finish the opponent off with one move, the psychic is your best bet with STAB and extra power from twisted spoon. If the opponent is using something that is bulky against psychics, then that's when Thunderbolt comes into play. It's always a good idea to use calm mind too to deal even more damage.
    Last edited by #1treeckofan; 25th May 2011 at 2:58 AM.

It's basically an inferior Rankurusu, but it's cool!

Am I the only one who thought that that blasted thing was a rock type?

Well, that might give you a one-turn advantage.
    Welp, my signature was deleted. Gimme a minute here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrim 8-) View Post
    Am I the only one who thought that that blasted thing was a rock type?

Well, that might give you a one-turn advantage.
    No, I thought it was going to be the first Rock/Psychic type.
    My teams (big rotation team on Black)

LeafGreen -
    Emerald -
    Black -

Beeheyem.. The beehive with abell shaped head and a trench coat

@Skyliner

The first Rock and Psychic type....

You're forgetting Solrock and Lunatone!
    I claim Porygon!
    9999 Coins. Don't touch what you can't afford!

I have a different moveset idea:

• Psychic
    • Psyshock
    • Thunderbolt / Charge Beam
    • Energy Ball / Shadow Ball / Trick Room

Item: Life Orb / Focus Sash (If Trick Room is in last slot)
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 252 in Sp. Attack and HP, 4 in Defense
    Ability: Analytic seems kind of useless on a trick room set, so... synchronize?

I wanted to suggest something like this for the Alakazam POTW, but I wasn't registered. With both Psychic and Psyshock, Beheeyem becomes a pseudo-mixed sweeper, targeting both defenses while only putting EV points into a single attacking stat. Thunderbolt is good for type coverage, or charge beam can send your Sp. Attack into the stratosphere. The last move slot is just type preference. This should be used on a Trick Room team, so it might be good to just fit trick room into the last slot.
    Last edited by 3.14kachu; 26th May 2011 at 2:29 AM.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by stenli View Post
    True. And it seems like everyone keeps repeating Nasty Plot, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Trick Room, Recover, Nasty Plot, Psyshock, Recover...

Gonna edit this post for my set in a while...
    Well those basically are it's main options... Not a Pokemon with a lot of versatility especially when Reuniclus out classes it in almost every way...(meaning it will not leave the lower tiers where it lives as a pseudo Reuniclus)
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

I was looking at Beheeyem's moves, and noticed it's yet another Pokemon that can learn Dream Eater, but has no way of causing sleep. What's with that? (unless using Rest with Synchronize causes the opponent to sleep, but I doubt that)
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    Well those basically are it's main options... Not a Pokemon with a lot of versatility especially when Reuniclus out classes it in almost every way...(meaning it will not leave the lower tiers where it lives as a pseudo Reuniclus)
    Its got a lot more versatility in Multis.

I mean, just... Use it in Multi-Battles. Thats where its good. Not so good in Singles. UU Multi is its home turf. It can win there.

...Not much else to say really for me...

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherEffectRain View Post
    Its got a lot more versatility in Multis.

I mean, just... Use it in Multi-Battles. Thats where its good. Not so good in Singles. UU Multi is its home turf. It can win there.

...Not much else to say really for me...
    yeah I guess your right It lives only in multi-battles... I forgot about some of those moves also never aim simple beam at the foe. For example aim at target, foe switches to volcarona/salamence/dragonite/any other set up sweeper... = instant loose... even worse use on a baton pass recipient... = instant death...
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast