Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Team?

Current White Team.

[Roster]

Blue the Seismitoad (Lvl. 48). Male, Mild. Pokeball.
    -Aqua Ring, Earth Power, Sludge Bomb, Surf
    Greene the Lilligant (Lvl. 48). Female, Naive. Heal Ball.
    -Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder, Petal Dance, Giga Drain
    Yellow the Leavanny (Lvl. 47). Male, Naive. Repeat Ball.
    -Swords Dance, Shadow Claw, X-Scissor, Leaf Blade
    Red the Darmanitan (Lvl. 47). Male, Adamant. Pokeball.
    -Flare Blitz, Fire Punch, Rock Slide, Superpower
    August the Rufflet (Lvl. 51). Male, Jolly. Pokeball.
    -Return, Fly, Shadow Claw, Tailwind
    Zekky the Zekrom (Lvl. 51). No Gender, Adamant. Premier Ball.
    -Dragon Claw, Zen Headbutt, Slash, Fusion Bolt

[Box]

Mint the Cinccino (Lvl. 46). Male, Lonely. Premier Ball.
    -Tail Slap, Rock Blast, Wake-Up Slap, Bullet Seed
    Pink the Jellicent (Lvl. 47). Female, Modest. Dive Ball.
    -Shadow Ball, Recover, Scald, Toxic
    Crimson the Druddigon (Lvl. 45). Male, Lonely. Ultra Ball.
    -Revenge, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Rock Slide

My current Black version team consists of Serperior, Swoobat, Darmanitan, Simipour, Zebstrika and Zoroark. Most of these Pokemon work well enough, but I have to admit that I'm looking for a change. I'm just so tired of using Zebstrika, so I may switch up my roster soon. Serperior is also starting to lose its cool, so I might replace it with an older Grass-type. I adore Darmanitan and Zoroark, though. Darmanitan has amazing physical strength and it always pulls through for me. Zoroark also has some amazing attributes, and its Illusion ability comes in handy sometimes. Simipour and Swoobat are just there to fill space, but even they come in handy sometimes.

In signature. They're mostly extremely illegal (Wondertomb, Slaking w/o Truant, Regigigas w/o Slow Start, etc.) and are for in-game use only, like for the Battle Subway.

FC: 4598 8783 2358

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    My current Black version team consists of Serperior, Swoobat, Darmanitan, Simipour, Zebstrika and Zoroark. Most of these Pokemon work well enough, but I have to admit that I'm looking for a change. I'm just so tired of using Zebstrika, so I may switch up my roster soon. Serperior is also starting to lose its cool, so I might replace it with an older Grass-type. I adore Darmanitan and Zoroark, though. Darmanitan has amazing physical strength and it always pulls through for me. Zoroark also has some amazing attributes, and its Illusion ability comes in handy sometimes. Simipour and Swoobat are just there to fill space, but even they come in handy sometimes.
    I also became tired of Zebstrika. I used it for most of the main-game, when it was extremely handy, but I removed it from my team afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggy View Post
    In signature. They're mostly extremely illegal (Wondertomb, Slaking w/o Truant, Regigigas w/o Slow Start, etc.) and are for in-game use only, like for the Battle Subway.
    I wouldn't profess your use of hacking devices, if I were you. (Nor would I use such things.)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    I wouldn't profess your use of hacking devices, if I were you. (Nor would I use such things.)
    Oh, big whoop. It's not like I battle on Wi-Fi or anything. Besides, I only cheat after I beat the game legit. And I never trade hacked Pokemon.

FC: 4598 8783 2358

I had a bit of trouble making my team. Not my favourite of all the Pokemon games I've played, but I still like it.

Serperior

Razor Leaf, Coil, Strength, Leaf Storm (I just wanted to try this move out XD)

Unfezant

Fly, Aerial Ace, Facade, Roost

Chandelure

Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Inferno

Zebstrika

Wild Charge, Thunder Wave, Flame Charge, Charge

Escavalier

Slash, X-Scissor, Iron Head, Swords Dance

Hydreigon

Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Surf, Flamethrower

Used to have a Seismitoad, then I changed it to a Jellicent. But I removed that for Hydreigon w/ Surf in the end. Forget it. I don't like much of the water types in this Gen. :I
    I'd really change Unfezant and Zebstrika if I ever did a second run.

[IMG]http://s7.*******.com/k3tbuc_th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s7.*******.com/rhk19x_th.jpg[/IMG]
    Viola & Pacific
    ---
    Black FC: 3525 2536 6228
    SoulSilver FC: 1935 2880 3271

[IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/10pdrmv.jpg[/IMG]

Only A Plank Between One and Perdition
    ---
    Keldeo banner by me.

My Black and White teams (level-wise, all Pokemon are in the 70s and 80s):

Black:
    -Garchomp
    -Starmie
    -Infernape
    -Togekiss
    -Heracross

I only have five Pokemon on my team, though I may get a sixth if I ever get interested in playing this game again. Anyway, I just raised all these Pokemon on my Platinum and transferred them over because I wanted to quickly get a good team together. I picked these Pokemon mostly because they are good sweepers. Starmie, Infernape, and Togekiss are Special sweepers while Garchomp and Heracross are Physical sweepers.

White:
    -Simisage
    -Simipour
    -Chandelure
    -Salamence
    -Electivire
    -Scizor

First three came from Black, last three came from Platinum. I actually traded these Pokemon in as soon as possible, so that I could go through most of the game with my "real" team. I picked the Simis because I think they`re really cool. Chandelure is there because I love its Special Attack stat. Salamence is there for its high Attack, Electivire for its electric immunity, and Scizor for its many resistances.

My Current Black Team:

Samurott

Surf, Grass Knot, Megahorn, Ice Beam

Golurk

Safeguard, Hammer Arm, Grass Knot, Earthquake

Zoroark

Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball

Escavalier

Iron Head, Bug Buzz, Focus Blast, Energy Ball

Whimsicott

Hurricane, Taunt, Psychic, Energy Ball

Chandelure

Heat Wave, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Fire Blast

[Shiny Card] [First Impact Clan]
    Banner made by Me, Chaos made by pokegirlforever, Shiny Card and Userbar made by Nakashima!

I found it extremely tough to box some Pokemon, but these are the six I depend on the most, and were my E4 team both times, despite the obvious lack of type coverage and overwhelming vulnerability towards fighting types.

My current team in Black is.

Emboar
    Swanna
    Beartic
    Pawniard
    Reuniclus
    Sawsbuck

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by The Z View Post
    My Current Black Team:

Samurott

Surf, Grass Knot, Megahorn, Ice Beam
    Good moveset, but delete Grass Knot. It's useless almost always, maybe Waterfall. I hear it's good on Samurott.
    Golurk

Safeguard, Hammer Arm, Grass Knot, Earthquake
    Again delete Grass Knot for something better like Shadow Ball. And Safegaurd aswell.
    Zoroark

Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball
    Good moveset i guess, no comments here
    Escavalier

Iron Head, Bug Buzz, Focus Blast, Energy Ball
    Good moveset, i dont tend to use Focus Blast for its bad accuracy but it is a very nice fighting type move other then that pretty good
    Whimsicott

Hurricane, Taunt, Psychic, Energy Ball
    No comment
    Chandelure

Heat Wave, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Fire Blast
    Delete Heat Wave for something more like Flamethrower and Fire Blast for Psychic, that's my Chandelure's moveset and it works great.
    Comments in Bold
    Last edited by Mr. pokedude; 28th May 2011 at 2:24 PM.
    Dear signature:

I will never master your power, and will always be nothing, so as revenge? This super glue note, which is stuck to your signature hand, will implode along with you, in minus ten minutes.

I'm trying to plan out a new team for a new run through of white. I got tired of the after game and now that I have some time, I'm wanting to play with an all new team. I'm thinking about ditching whatever starter I choose ASAP and going from there. So far my ideas are

Jellicent

Darmanitan

Archeops

Excadrill

Some type of dragon..I'm thinking Druddigon since I used Haxorus in my last run. But I may cave and use Haxorus again since he got me through some really rough situations.

The next few I'm not sure about.

Scolipede- just because I never use bug types and he is pretty cool looking. Wish he didn't have poison as a second type, though, as he would mainly be here for psychics...

Lilligant, for some water coverage, and also because I have heard nothing but good things about Lilligant. I think Lilligant is the top contender as of now since 3 of the pokemon have a weakness to water.

Joltik- bug and electric, for water and dark coverage...he is next to the top with Lilligant.

Cincinno, I never have normal types on my team and I could teach him some electric moves.
    Last edited by Stack7; 28th May 2011 at 3:49 PM.

Current Teamies:
    Garchomp
    Togekiss
    Weavile
    Porygon2 (Eviolite)
    Aggron
    Gallade

I want to have a Gengar somewhere in there

Here's my take on these four.

Quote Originally Posted by Stack7 View Post
    The next few I'm not sure about.

Scolipede- just because I never use bug types and he is pretty cool looking. Wish he didn't have poison as a second type, though, as he would mainly be here for psychics...
    Scolipede is alright, but is nothing special. The Poison-type is really an awful type, and I haven't heard very much about Scolipede being very fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stack7
    Lilligant, for some water coverage, and also because I have heard nothing but good things about Lilligant. I think Lilligant is the top contender as of now since 3 of the pokemon have a weakness to water.
    I can also vouch for the good things. I've been using Lilligant and Leavanny simultaneously in my recent White run. While both are very good, and while Leavanny's Bug-typing makes him valuable, Lilligant is the Grass-type I really prefer. She's magnificent with Giga Drain (make sure you let Petilil learn that before evolving her), Quiver Dance, and Sleep Powder, especially if she's holding the Big Root. With Own Tempo, shes good with Petal Dance, and I've seen her use Leech Seed very well as well. What's really nice about Lilligant is that she's generally fast enough to put the opponent to sleep, and can replenish lost HP with Giga Drain and Big Root. Her Sp. Atk is good enough to take out the opponent (especially after Quiver Dance), and she doesn't faint often because she can restore her own HP. Out of these four, I definitely say go with this one, especially since half of your team will be weak to Water-types, and Joltik can't deal with Seismitoad. And even in the Elite Four, where there isn't anything that is bad against Grass-types, Lilligant is useful because it can put big threats to sleep and then drain them completely, like all of Marshal's Pokemon and numerous others in the League.

Joltik- bug and electric, for water and dark coverage...he is next to the top with Lilligant.
    Eh. I haven't heard much about this one in general. It doesn't seem bad, but it doesn't seem spectacular either. If you want an Electric-type, Emolga's actually a very good choice (though I recommend Lilligant over Emolga).

Cincinno, I never have normal types on my team and I could teach him some electric moves.
    Cinccino's also very good. I've been using one and he's very awesome with Technician. The only thing I've noticed is, when you get to the League, he stops being as useful. I'm having a lot of difficulty using him in the post-game, while Lilligant has given me better mileage.

I would recommend Lilligant.

Thanks Grei! You make good points. Lilligant it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stack7 View Post
    Thanks Grei! You make good points. Lilligant it is.
    Be sure to get a good nature! Sp. Atk- or Speed-boosting would be ideal. My Lilligant is Naive and she's been amazing.

My storyline team as of now:
    Golurk
    Mega Punch, Dynamic Punch, Rock Polish, and Earthquake
    Hydreigon
    Crunch, Flamethrower, Draco Meteor, Fly
    Volcarona
    Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Heat Wave, Flamethrower
    Galvantula
    Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Struggle Bug, Giga Impact
    Sigilyph
    Psychic, Ice Beam, Toxic, Aerial Ace
    Nosepass
    Stone Edge, Double Team, Earthquake, ???

Any suggestions?

Getting ready to start my Black playthrough, looking for advice/opinions on my idea for the team:

Oshawott
    Tepig
    Sandile
    Solosis
    Axew
    Archen
    3DS FC: 2079-6439-2450
    FS Flying: Pidgey, Tranquil, Tropius

Quote Originally Posted by darthmalice777 View Post
    Getting ready to start my Black playthrough, looking for advice/opinions on my idea for the team:

Oshawott
    Tepig
    Sandile
    Solosis
    Axew
    Archen
    Is this how it will stay or the pre-evolved pokemon?

Anyway I find Tepig/Emboar isn't to good because of the fact alot its moves call for recoil damage. I don't understand why everyone likes Oshawott so much. I prefer Snivy as a starter and Sandile is fantastic as a Krookodile! Haxorus is also great as a psychical sweeper and Archeops is great from what i hear.

Im not in my advise/ opinion stage right now...
    Dear signature:

I will never master your power, and will always be nothing, so as revenge? This super glue note, which is stuck to your signature hand, will implode along with you, in minus ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. pokedude View Post

Anyway I find Tepig/Emboar isn't to good because of the fact alot its moves call for recoil damage. I don't understand why everyone likes Oshawott so much. I prefer Snivy as a starter and Sandile is fantastic as a Krookodile! Haxorus is also great as a psychical sweeper and Archeops is great from what i hear.

I am planning to evolve them, and I used Snivy for white, thats why I picked Oshawott this time around. Tepig, just because he was fire and fighting in one.
    3DS FC: 2079-6439-2450
    FS Flying: Pidgey, Tranquil, Tropius

Monferno is much better than Emboar. If you want a fire/fighting pokemon, go with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. pokedude View Post

Snivy sucks badly. Emboar has moves that do not do recoil.

Well I started a new game on Black and decided to do something different. I am using only old pokemon.

Treecko
    Numel
    Beldum
    Munchlax
    Eevee
    Togepi/Murkrow

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    Snivy sucks badly. Emboar has moves that do not do recoil.

Well I started a new game on Black and decided to do something different. I am using only old pokemon.

Treecko
    Numel
    Beldum
    Munchlax
    Eevee
    Togepi/Murkrow
    First off everyone says Serperior sucks and it DOESN'T ok! I find it the best of the starters, and as for Emboar, did I say all its moves were recoil? No i didn't i said alot which is referring to Cheren and his Emboar. As for ther one i judged, at least you used snivy once its really good. And Oshawott isn't bad. Tepig i just dislike alot, i don't know what it is but every time i see one i wanna kill it with serperior and splash o.o ( if it could even learn that or if it was even a attack o.....o
    Dear signature:

My planned team (With some changes):

Infernape
    Moves
    -Close Combat
    -Fire Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Flare Blitz
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs Spread: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense/Hit Points
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Blaze

-------

Gliscor
    Moves
    -Sky Attack
    -Thunder/Ice/Fire Fang/Earthquake
    -Poison Jab/X-Scissor
    -Earth Power
    Nature: Adamant/Impish
    EVs Spread: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 6 Speed
    Item: Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal

-------

Golurk
    Moves
    -Dynamic Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Shadow Punch
    -Hammer Arm
    Nature: Brave
    EVs Spread: 252 Attack, 252 Hit Points, 6 Deffense
    Item: Muscle Band
    Ability: Iron Fist

-------

Kingdra
    Moves
    -Hydro Pump
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Blizzard
    -Ice Beam
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs Spread: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed/Defense, 6 Speed/Defense
    Item: Undecided
    Ability: Damp/Sniper

-------

Chandelure
    Moves
    -Fire Blast
    -Shadow Ball
    -Inferno
    -Curse
    Nature: Modest
    EVs Spread: 252 Special Attack, 252 Defense, 6 Speed
    Item: Wise Glasses
    Ability: Flame Body/Flash Fire/ Shadow Tag (When released)

-------

Excadrill
    Moves
    -Sandstorm
    -Dig/Drill Run
    -Earthquake
    -Earth Power
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs Spread: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Deffense
    Item: Undecided
    Ability: Sand Force

I can't believe that after i checked the Smogon's OU pokes, and found most of mine are OU. >__>

Mahou Shoujou Megumi Magica

My Black team is

Hydreigon: mild; dragon pulse, fly, fire blast and dark pulse. Chosen ecause Hydreigon was one of my fave pokemon released this gen, answered my prayers for a dark/dragon, and is downright awesome if bloody difficult to raise (got him as an egg).

Volcarona: rash, heat wave, bug buzz, quiver dance and psychic. Again hard to raise because his previous form (also raised from an egg) favours atk while his nature is made for sp atk, but like the Hydreigon, totally worth it now he's grown up. It's been commented on by by opponents that he must have very good speed ev's, because even without EV training he's faster than a volcarona should be.

Serperior: bold, strength, leech seed, toxic, leaf storm. Yeah her nature sucks, but I soft resetted for ages for a girl, and wasn't prepared to keep going until a got a girl with a good nature.

Mienshao: adamant, u-turn, jump kick, fake out, acrobatics. I loved the elegant design of this pokemon, and mine has been the gem of my team. She's fast, versatile and her attack is just stupid. Oh, and regenarator+u-turn is amazing.

Seismitoad: neutral, rock slide, brick break, surf, earthquake. Planned to raise a Simipour, but this darling ended up carrying my team instead. She can take a hit.

Musharna: neutral, hypnosis, dream eater, charge beam, nightmare. It was either Gothitelle or one of these, so it'll be Gothitelle in a future game. Her hp can really absorb some special damage, and she really is a nightmare after a few charge beams!

I only learned about EV training after this team, sadly, but I wouldn't change a thing about them. They whipped every gym leader-in game, and Hydreigon, Volcarona and Mienshao haven't done badly competitively, either.

STack - I will vouch for Galvantula. Mine has bug buzz, thunderbolt, energy ball and thunder wave, and along with the ability compoundeyes he is AMAZING. And mine is neutral natures, so if you had one with +sp atk...yowza.
    Last edited by SasakiThePikachu; 29th May 2011 at 6:18 PM.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast