Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! (695)

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Except that there are two different explanations for it.

Did Excadrill blame Iris, or did Excadrill blame himself? Which is it?
    he blamed iris mostly but himself as well
    .................................................. ......................

^aker
    could jsut be the species as a whole remember when charizard went to charazific valley

but speaking of charizard this episode really showed how entertaining that old plot device still is. And now i consider oshawott to be amazing as it is but when it evolves it should technically become more prideful and absesed with honor bieng based of the daimayo samurai(just look at samurott's face). So hopefully if that does happen the writers could use that plot again on it. I would think it would make him even enjoyable to watch
    -

Game Freak: We need better marketing investments
    Hollywood: I might be able to help tell me who your biggest baddest pokemon is

Game Freak: tyranitar
    Hollywood: Well call him ehh....how's godzilla sound and let's give him some body armor(Finishes drawing)
    Game Freaksniff) He's beautiful...where do i.....hey wait where are you running of too
    <20 years later>
    kid: (playing pokemon crystal) (outside Gamefreak building)hey you bimbos you ripped off hollywood
    Gamefreak: Get lost kid
    Based on a true story, that i think happened...or unless i was drunk

Iris' story is one of the most interesting stories I've seen. There's still mystery surrounding her, Drayden and her village.

Langely was an okay character but she seems to be a great trainer. Regardless of the many problems her team has, Iris is a strong trainer. The way she raised Excadrill was great especially considering how little she was. I guess this is what Drayden saw in her that made him do that signal to the elder.

Overall one of the best episodes I've seen. Loving Iris, just loving her. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Real my butt.. Writers of kids shows don't put real characters in this show. They put over the top characters in this show because coarse characters are easy to understand for the little kids.

Take Dawn for instance: I loooooove cute little pokeymonz!
    -> About halfway through the saga she gets one of the bigger pokemon: Mamoswine, and it immediatly becomes her problem. The little kids would go: 'oh well, that's understandable as she only likes little pokemon', when that's completely illogical when you think about it... But it makes sense for the little kids, hence Suny's frustration..
    I'll agree the characters aren't mirror images of their real-world counterparts. That doesn't mean they don't have real aspects. People feel happy, sad, and angry all the time. Sometimes they're subtle, sometimes they're anything but. So I'll agree that these characters are exaggerated at times, but that doesn't mean they don't have any basis in reality.

Which is why it becomes unfair to accuse the writers of poor quality for making a character you dislike. Langley is an exaggerated personality...just like everyone else. If Sunyshore is frustrated with the embellished qualities of every character, then I understand his point. Otherwise, he simply doesn't like Langley's personality. If you encountered somebody in your life who did something incredibly rude, would you think he/she isn't a real person? Maybe you would (which would be odd), but most likely you wouldn't. Langley is self-absorbed and mean. She's not a poorly written character, just an unlikable one.

Also, I'm not quite sure what point you were making with Dawn. Didn't she originally capture a Swinub, which unexpectedly evolved into a large Mamoswine? What's illogical here? Life throws you curve balls. Dawn didn't mean to catch Mamoswine, she caught Swinub, which fits perfectly with her preference for "cute little pokeymonz!" She never anticipated Mamoswine. She then had to grow and adjust. Just like people do all the time when they encounter problems.

EDIT: Also, amidst the debate, I forgot to mention how phenomenal this episode was. Everything was top notch: story, animation, and even the music. Lots of great development and foreshadowing (Shaga and the elderly woman). I'm very curious to see what's in store for Iris.
    Last edited by Jash Thor; 26th May 2011 at 10:49 PM.

I liked the episode. It was good, except for Langley. She was annoying.

I think it's obvious the writers want Langely to be irritating, annoying and rude. It's just their way of making the audience root for Iris since they'll dislike her rival so much. Seems like a good strategy to me.

^I know that. The writers always do it.

i understand i am playing into it, that they make these characters extremely annoying for a reason, and yes, i have known real people in my life who act this way. i said i hate these characters being in pokemon, i don't think i said SHE was "poor writing" though. if i did well, it's 5:40 AM XD i will explain what i do think is poor writing, however.

okay, here is my real problem, and i mentioned it multiple times as well. the lack of response. why do they all just stand there like idiots letting this girl act reprehensible? it almost gives the message "it's okay to act like this, nobody will stop you", and this happens all the time in pokemon. characters entire personalities will change based on if the plot calls for nasty behaviour to be okay, or not okay. when it should ALWAYS be not okay.

dento threw a fit over a single leaf falling into his stew. but he just stands there doing nothing when this girl eats the entire breakfast he made?

ash almost always loses it over food. hell, the entire shaymin/ash relationship started because she ate their pancakes. ash will have a reaction to a tiny cute pokemon that looks half dead eating pancakes, but not to this girl, who's already expressly stated her trainer's goal is to seek out dragon trainers from ryuu no sato and destroy them?

so i suppose i do think there is poor writing going on somewhat, but it's nothing that we don't see all the time... main character's entire personalities changing if necessary for an episode's one-time plot... meh!!

let me say something else that bothered me. WHY WHY did iris send out her low-level little kibago against that gigantic bear?? that baby could barely defeat a level one, newly hatched zuruggu and she sends it out against the bear. i know it finally mastered its move but that doesn't automatically mean it can defeat high-leveled opponents...who are ice-type... poor poor little baby.

for the record. i did NOT hate this episode. but i was extremely frustrated with how some characters acted so weirdly.
    Last edited by sunyshore.com; 26th May 2011 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post
    i

let me say something else that bothered me. WHY WHY did iris send out her low-level little kibago against that gigantic bear?? that baby could barely defeat a level one, newly hatched zuruggu and she sends it out against the bear. i know it finally mastered its move but that doesn't automatically mean it can defeat high-leveled opponents...who are ice-type... poor poor little baby.
    They obviously did that so Kibago, could win later. Iris tieing with Excadrill doesn't really prove anything to Langley as of right now.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 27th May 2011 at 12:54 AM.

This episode was ok, but I feel as though Excadrill's disobedience should have been played out a tad bit longer.

sunnyshore you can't watch TV/anime haha you are too sensible, just plot and part of the story, jkg I was also oh poor thing but I know it is part of the story and we had friendly rivals before and now, Belle, Jun are the most recent examples you have to have some mean/competitive ones there.

Unlike some of you, who despise Langley, she sort of failed for me.

Too much of a female dog? Sorry, but Ursula and Harley were a lot better in THAT department than Langley. Langley to me seemed like she was trying too hard be of THAT personality. Then again it might be because she came after Harley and Ursula.

I did love how she ate their food though, that was good for a laugh. Only because I couldn't see who had eaten their food. And then it showed Langley, in the "I ate your food, I'm not denying it." I laughed. I also like her "Byes" like she has somewhere more important to be. But other than that unappealing.

Other than Langley, this episode was really good, and it proved me right that Iris IS a good trainer. Now all of those who questioned that can be quiet. Unless you're going to argue all those wins meant nothing.

Axew, buddy, you're getting there, but you need some more moves......Oh wait, I meant Scraggy, forget you Axew......Just Kidding.

Excadrill- I like Excadrill happy. It makes Excadrill "ADORABLE" *Metal Claw'd in the face* But seriously, yeah, I'm glad Excadrill obeys now. Though I can't wait for a proper translation for what was exactly going on.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    sunnyshore you can't watch TV/anime haha you are too sensible, just plot and part of the story, jkg I was also oh poor thing but I know it is part of the story and we had friendly rivals before and now, Belle, Jun are the most recent examples you have to have some mean/competitive ones there.

no!!!!! the anime must make sense at all times, it must be written perfectly and it must not cater only to little children!!!!! it must be FLAWLESS!! i'm as mad as hell, and i'm not going to take this anymore! *flips a table*

*flips every table*

no!!!!! the anime must make sense at all times, it must be written perfectly and it must not cater only to little children!!!!! it must be FLAWLESS!! i'm as mad as hell, and i'm not going to take this anymore! *flips a table*

*flips every table*
    Maybe if you go watch Spongebob or something and then come back, Pokemon will seem better.

Well, if Drilburr did win 100 times in a row, that's officially the longest winning streak since A.J.

*flips every table*

I gotta say, Axew is impressing me. The opponent was overwhelming but the little guy is really growing strong. He endured some strong attacks. Iris is raising it well.

That ep.....made me hope to hell that Ash gets to face Drayden, and not Iris for the final badge. Not saying Axew couldnt become better, or Excadrill doesnt improve under the writers' tutelage, but Draydens Haxorus looks too beast. Ash needs to fight that, and beat that to look worthy!!

Earlier today, an extremely major spoiler was posted in the new character biographies, but now it seems to have been changed (Please do not open if you don't want to be spoiled, as it may be true).
        Spoiler:- I warned you...:

Is this true or not?
    Wifi service for Gens IV and V closes May 30th! Get your Dream World Females while you still can!

I have the following Dream World Females up for trade: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and .

I'm looking for pretty much anything I don't have, but I'm specifically looking for DWF Durant right now.

So PM me and we can work out a trade! My Black Version FC is 2881-9364-7814.

That one rival chick was annoying, and not even in a good way. I was looking forward to seeing her, but she wasn't very impressive, at least in terms of her character. Her Beartic on the other hand, was pretty amazing. I liked that Iris's Axew put up a good fight, even if the outcome was predictable. I don't like Axew that much, but at least it's getting serious about battling. Getting some back story to Iris's character was great, but Drayden stole the episode! OMG, he's amazing! If the anime were to only feature him and Oshawott, I'd watch it 24/7! I liked that Excadrill grew closer to Iris, and although I was disappointed that it tied with Beartic, at least it gave us a good battle. So yeah, 8/10.

P.S. I like how at first, everyone was against the idea of Iris being involved with Opelucid City. Now it's been confirmed that she spent some time there, and everyone rushes to the other side

Quote Originally Posted by Swagmander View Post
    Earlier today, an extremely major spoiler was posted in the new character biographies, but now it seems to have been changed (Please do not open if you don't want to be spoiled, as it may be true).
        Spoiler:- I warned you...:

Is this true or not?
    It's not true. They're not related in any way.

I liked it. Wasn't my favorite, but a Pokemon that is both strong and listens to Iris now!?!?!

I like that. Maybe she'll catch another Pokemon to make up for that.

Now all we need, is for Drayden and Oshawoot to be in the same episode as The 4th Kira said, so that way it could be the best episode ever!
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Most likely just a coincidence but dreyden has some resemblence to drake the hoenn elite 4. And yes in the 8th gym i totally want to see samurott v.s hexarous, the samarai slaying the nasty dragon:P(i really wonder why it doesn't take fighting or steel traits as it evolves but o well). The tents and flags in the tounement kinda ressembles those recreations of medieval tournements we see so it just fits the mood
    Last edited by Salamandre; 27th May 2011 at 4:42 AM.
    -

Game Freak: We need better marketing investments
    Hollywood: I might be able to help tell me who your biggest baddest pokemon is

Game Freak: tyranitar
    Hollywood: Well call him ehh....how's godzilla sound and let's give him some body armor(Finishes drawing)
    Game Freaksniff) He's beautiful...where do i.....hey wait where are you running of too
    <20 years later>
    kid: (playing pokemon crystal) (outside Gamefreak building)hey you bimbos you ripped off hollywood
    Gamefreak: Get lost kid
    Based on a true story, that i think happened...or unless i was drunk

Quote Originally Posted by minredd View Post
    It's not true. They're not related in any way.
    Oh. So was it just a mistake on Serebii's part?
    Wifi service for Gens IV and V closes May 30th! Get your Dream World Females while you still can!

I have the following Dream World Females up for trade: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and .

I'm looking for pretty much anything I don't have, but I'm specifically looking for DWF Durant right now.

So PM me and we can work out a trade! My Black Version FC is 2881-9364-7814.

I really liked beartic's animation where they made it run on all fours like a real polar bear...I don't think they ever did that for ursaring...and excadrill is boss as always...now we (or maybe just me) wait for deino...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

So would Excadrill be the first pokemon to be disobedient because of its flaws and not because of its trainers?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast