Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 194

Thread: Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! (695)

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Drayden sounds a little off to me but that's just my opinion.
    maybe because you can't see his mouth move
    .................................................. ......................

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Georgia is a fine dub name, although I liked Langley better. I wasn't really crazy about her dub voice. But even so, I like Georgia and I'll eventually get used to her voice and name.

    I don't really like the sound of sad Iris in the dub, doesn't really sound like a sad moment, kind of wanted to laugh when she was crying...maybe I'm just cold hearted.

    I do like the sound of happy Excadrill though, then again I like the sound of it all the time, I love it's dub voice.

    Drayden sounded pretty nice too, wasn't really expecting it but I still liked it.

    Haxorus's dub voice I like as well. Beartic was cool too.

    Overall I enjoyed this episode as much as the Japanese version.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mew_ View Post
    I really liked this episode ^^

    Especially since Excadrill finally listens to Iris
    It would be an interesting twist if it started disobeying again later down the road.

    My ideal battle ever!

  4. #154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    It would be an interesting twist if it started disobeying again later down the road.
    No seńor, that would be a crappy writing schtick.

    Iris actually suffered a disobedient pokemon for much longer than we saw on screen.

    A decent amount of time went by between when she lost the dragon village festival, where he began to ignore her existence, to when she joined up with Ash.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscholfield View Post
    maybe because you can't see his mouth move
    But you can see his mustache however so his mouth does move but his hair sure does!
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  6. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    one thing I don't get when did iris capture excadrill in a pokeball because kids can only get pokeballs when they turn 10 and when iris meet drillbur she was about 7-8
    .................................................. ......................

  7. #157
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    650

    Default

    This episode was indeed one of the best so far in Black and White...It also reveals that Iris is not a beginning trainer but she has been battling for quite a time... Drayden was awesome. It will be thrilling to see Ash battle with Drayden in the future

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Certainly a better episode than we've gotten from the previous ones, especially with the character development between Iris & Excadrill, & the flashback's really help show off the Iris was a wild child from the start. Seeing Beartic an all fours was very nice it's good to see Pokemon acting like they're real world counter parts more it helps bring more personality to them.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

    Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill



  9. #159
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Georgia's dub name is actually really clever when you think on it.

    She may be named after Saint George, who in mythology slayed a dragon.

    If that's true the dub writers went up a notch in my book.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscholfield View Post
    one thing I don't get when did iris capture excadrill in a pokeball because kids can only get pokeballs when they turn 10 and when iris meet drillbur she was about 7-8
    It is quite possible that Iris brought her new friend drilbur into the village and after that one of the older members of the village gave her a pokeball so she was able to catch it.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

    Apparently i'm a...



    Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    Fock. Yes. Georgia.
    That has got to be my favorite dub name ever, and doncha think that she sounds a lot like Asuka Langley Souryuu from Evangelion?
    Waaait... Georgia/Langley from Pokemon and Asuka Langley Souryuu (Opelucid) from Evangelion.

    Dang!

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Georgia. Wth double hockey stick is that name. Langley is like 30x better.

    Excadrill's starting to grow on me.

    Pokemon X Round 2


  13. #163
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totodile is BEAST View Post
    Georgia. Wth double hockey stick is that name. Langley is like 30x better.

    Excadrill's starting to grow on me.
    Georgia's the Dragon Buster and Saint George slayed a dragon in mythology.

    See the meaning now?

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Traveling Unova
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    Awesome episode. really showed character development between Excadrill and Iris..thoguh i wish Excadrill would have drug on the not fully opening back up to her so quickly.


    Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    650

    Default

    After defeating iris Drayden winked at the elder of the village of dragons. What could that mean?

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    After defeating iris Drayden winked at the elder of the village of dragons. What could that mean?
    The elder bet $1,000,000 that Drayden would lose to Iris, but Drayden won. Drayden winked at her to remind her to pay him his money.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    After defeating iris Drayden winked at the elder of the village of dragons. What could that mean?
    It probably meant she will become a strong dragon trainer in the future if not then it might have just been a wink it probably meant she's almost ready to become a trainer completely.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  18. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hellsing mansion.
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekaku View Post
    Your kidding right? She is the best character since Harley!
    I second this! But Cyber is never kidding when he says his opinions about a character, which is something I find really annoying. Hmph!

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kariris View Post
    I second this! But Cyber is never kidding when he says his opinions about a character, which is something I find really annoying. Hmph!
    This is coming from someone who hates characters for no reason?

    Besides Georgia isn't anything special but she does improve later on.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    This is coming from someone who hates characters for no reason?
    Quite ironic that you say that, actually.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Quite ironic that you say that, actually.
    Ursula was better.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Ursula was better.
    Everyone knows that Ursula is just a rehash of Harley.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hellsing mansion.
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    This is coming from someone who hates characters for no reason?
    I have reasons for not liking a character, however you don't need to know them. You got some nerves to talk about me like that, pal. I suggest you to not say such non-sense about people that you don't know. So don't start picking a fight with me, that comment of yours really pisses me of.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kariris View Post
    I have reasons for not liking a character, however you don't need to know them. You got some nerves to talk about me like that, pal. I suggest you to not say such non-sense about people that you don't know. So don't start picking a fight with me, that comment of yours really pisses me of.
    So in other words I have to like Georgia? She was too one dimensional in this ep for my tastes, and previous "jerk" rivals were handled much better.

    A good design can only go so far.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    This is coming from someone who hates characters for no reason?

    Besides Georgia isn't anything special but she does improve later on.
    She improves as a character slightly Pawniard makes her look cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Everyone knows that Ursula is just a rehash of Harley.
    But wasn't harley litterly gay?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •