Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster! (695)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    So in other words I have to like Georgia? She was too one dimensional in this ep for my tastes, and previous "jerk" rivals were handled much better.

A good design can only go so far.
    Did you read what I posted? You could at leash present me some excuses! And for Georgia I already knew your reasons, like almost all of the other on the site. When you say that you don't like a character you are not shy about making it clear to all of us. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Kariris View Post
    Did you read what I posted? You could at leash present me some excuses! And for Georgia I already knew your reasons, like almost all of the other on the site. When you say that you don't like a character you are not shy about making it clear to all of us. *sigh*
    The girl appears out of nowhere to eat food and say she wants to fight dragons? Not exactly depth here.

She's also not having an interesting rivalry since Iris shrugs her off.

Georgia annoyed me but I liked her rivarly with Iris. Also good to see Exradrill start to listen to Iris. The way Georgia left as well was a bit random. Im sure we will see her again as rivals do and get to know her a bit more. I liketo learn more about her

i am glad iris has a rival but i don't like georgia's name i don't like it as a name.Its good iris has a good pokemon i mean axew is kina weak iris need's a pokemon that can actully win battles

FC:1891-1694-6992

Georgia is a nice name because it's my cousin's. If you're looking for a Japanese name then watch the sub version.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode is much better than the general standard of Black & White so far, in my opinion. Iris's flashback really captivated me, and the whole emotion of the episode didn't feel contrived, which has been a problem in the past for me. It all just made so much sense. And the battles were exciting too - there was none of the "Pokémon! Use Deus Ex Machina!" that make so many battle sequences unappealing for me. I saw closely fought battles where the outcome actually made sense. I just wish more episodes could match this one in terms of quality.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

I happened to really like this episode. I saw the Japanese version, and then when I went to watch the dub when it came on Cartoon Network, I only got to see the second half because my Cable went out. Thankfully I had seen the Japanese one.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

This was one of the first episodes I made sure to watch when I got back into the animé recently. I had only read summaries about Georgia, but I thought the idea behind her character was awesome. I like her purpose and I like that there is a character there to test Iris.

What really made me happy was that Georgia wasn't happy that she didn't get to really battle a Dragon-type. With that incentive, I think Iris will definitely work harder to train Axew, if not more Dragon-types. Plus the backstory into Iris and her Excadrill was great too.

Overall, I thought the episode was good. The plot was cool, Georgia was cool, and it all ended nicely. I look forward to where everything from this episode goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buraddo_Aipom View Post
    This was one of the first episodes I made sure to watch when I got back into the animé recently. I had only read summaries about Georgia, but I thought the idea behind her character was awesome. I like her purpose and I like that there is a character there to test Iris.

What really made me happy was that Georgia wasn't happy that she didn't get to really battle a Dragon-type. With that incentive, I think Iris will definitely work harder to train Axew, if not more Dragon-types. Plus the backstory into Iris and her Excadrill was great too.

Overall, I thought the episode was good. The plot was cool, Georgia was cool, and it all ended nicely. I look forward to where everything from this episode goes.
    I agree with you, this was one of the best Iris episodes.

Excadrill regaining his confidence and learning Focus Blast was good plus we also got to see Excadrill's backstory.

I started liking Excadrill after seeing this.

Its half term here, and I'm really bored, so I thought I'd watch an episode of BW, I decided to watch this episode because it has Haxorus and Drayden in it. Now normally I hate BW and I can't stand Iris, but this episode turned out to be really good and made me like Iris a little bit. I may tune into more episodes in the future.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

This episode was kind of weird. Partly because Excadrill was completely out of character, and partly because this was basically a copy of "Charizard Chills" and "Trials and Adulations," where a main character bonds with a disobediant pokemon after it gets beaten up by some other pokemon. It was kind of boring, and there was way too much crying this time around. I wish Excadrill had a problem that we hadn't seen already with other pokemon. Other than that, this episode introduced Georgia, who's not a bad character so I'll give this episode a 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    This episode was kind of weird. Partly because Excadrill was completely out of character, and partly because this was basically a copy of "Charizard Chills" and "Trials and Adulations," where a main character bonds with a disobediant pokemon after it gets beaten up by some other pokemon. It was kind of boring, and there was way too much crying this time around. I wish Excadrill had a problem that we hadn't seen already with other pokemon. Other than that, this episode introduced Georgia, who's not a bad character so I'll give this episode a 5.
    This episode was nothing like those. Sure, Iris and Excadrill became friends again but the reason Excadrill refused to come out of his shell was because he was ashamed of having lost against Haxorus which is why he closed himself off from Iris. And you cannot claim that Excadrill was out of his character when this specific episode ESTABLISHED his character, he didn't really have one before. And I say that Excadrill's case was handled much better and far more unique than any of the other cliché disobedience cases. We've never seen this kind of reason for shutting off from your trainer like this so this makes Excadrill the most unique case out of all of them.

Basically, everything you said (except for Langley being good, which I agree with) isn't really true.

- Excadrill's personality got truly established in this episode.
    - The reason for Excadrill shutting down was unique and unlike anything we've seen before.

So while they did bond - everything else was completely different.

This episode is absolutely one of the best and one of the most emotionals in Best Wishes. Iris's and Excadrill's flashbacks are so sad, especially the parts where Excadrill loses and when Iris realizes that she didn't think Excadrill's feelings at all. And rematch between Excadrill and Beartic is very good. Iris's and Excadrill's bond definitely becomes very strong in this episode.
    Overall, fantastic and very sad episode.
    10/10
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

I love her. She is amazing and needs to return.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/122mflw.jpg[/IMG]
    Smile Forever

Oh great, Georgia. I don't like Georgia very much, though I don't dislike her as much as Trip or Ursula. I don't know, something about her rubs me the wrong way.

I do like that Excadril finally starts listening to Iris with this episode, though. It was about time. At least Excadril has proven to be a pretty awesome pokemon since. I didn't think much of him apart from Emolga's debut showing prior to this episode, but I've grown to like him since.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

ok was it just me, or was it kinnda stupid that they had excadrill learn a long range move and then use it when he is already at close range?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Default "Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster!"

Dragon Buster Georgia was a fun character, I really liked her. Although her goal to defeat Dragon-type trainers seemed kinda random until she explained how she got defeated by a Dragon-type trainer in the past. There was never been a 'Dragon Buster' like Georgia in the Pokémon anime before, so it was somewhat refreshing too.

The first battle between Iris and Georgia was satiesfying, I liked how Georgia defeating Iris in the battle. LOL Iris thought she could win against Georgia's huge Beartic with her Not-so-trained Axew. As expected, Beartic knocked Axew out in the battle. Then there was her disobedient Excadrill, who started battling against Beartic on his own instead of obeying Iris' commands. As a result, Excadrill also got knocked out by Beartic. I got a good laugh when Georgia made fun of Iris and told her to get serious since she really needs to train her Axew more seriously than she has.

The Excadrill vs. Beartic battle led to Iris' backstory with Excadrill. Excadrill sure gave her a lot of trouble as a Drilbur, everytime Iris swinged a vine to kick it.....she kept getting hit by Excadrill's Metal Claw. It was nice to see Iris training hard everyday to beat Drilbur, but Iris beating Drilbur and catching it was surprising since Iris didn't look like a ten-year old in the flashback. Geez, Iris was lucky to have her first Pokémon before turning ten.

It was hard to believe that Iris actually managed to got Ninty-Nine wins in a row with Drilber. Iris seemed nothing like a experienced trainer in the in the early BW episodes, in fact she seemed like a rookie in the episodes. Maybe it was the result of all the training she did with Excadrill. If she can train Drilbur to a tough Pokémon, I wonder why didn't she train Axew the same way? Then there was the scene where Iris challenged Dragon Master Drayden to a battle without thinking. Well, Iris got overconfident after Winning Ninty-Nine in a row, hence why she thought she could beat Drayden Iris' Excadril lost the battle badly and started disobeying her.

I liked how Cilan pointed out that Iris didn't understand Excadrill's feelings in the middle of the battle, it made her realize that she was wrong about Excadrill. While seeing Iris try to bond with Excadrill by apologizing and sleeping under stars was cute, but I didn't like how that's all it took for Excadrill to obey Iris by learning Focus Blast. Unlike Charizard and Mamoswine, Excadrill was disobedient for Years......so it should've took more than just one apology for Excadrill to obey Iris again.

It's good that the rematch between Georgia and Iris ended in a draw instead of Iris winning the battle. Seeing Excadril happy with Iris was nice, but I think the whole 'disobedient Excadrill' problem solved too easily.

Overall, this was an interesting episode. Georgia was a interesting character, seeing her make fun of Iris was funny. I'm glad she became a recurring character later in the series.
    Iris and Excadrill's backstory was nice, however, I think this 'disobedient Pokémon obeying it's trainer' storyline was rushed compared to the Mamoswine/Charizard storyline.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 22nd December 2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

What a great episode! I teared up when Excadrill and Iris started to get along again. So lovely to see Iris' backstory and her past relationship with Excadrill. It was really sad how Excadrill became so distant from her. I'm so glad they're back to being friends and hopefully Excadrill will have a lot more screentime. Georgia's a much more interesting rival than Trip in my opinion, so hopefully she'll turn up again soon.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

This episode was amazing! One of the best since The Johto League battles! (Ash V Gary, Ash V Harrison) Nothing really ever came close to those episodes, but this one was really really fantastic. True, believable, well developed emotion and relationship, amazing background depth and a wonderful end resolution! Excadrill and Iris have been very funny so far this season but this really opens up Iris' character a ton!

Excadrill is such a cool Pokemon and this was truly a tear jerking episode. So wonderfully executed. It's episodes like these that really take you back to the glory days in the original series. This season all around has felt like something out of the original Kanto series and its been such a refreshing change to previous seasons. Ash is goofy again, Iris is sassy while being epic and Silan is hilarious in his view on everything as a recipe! Not to mention the Pokemon actually have some freaking personality!

I'm looking forward to getting to watch Iris kick some real *** now that she and Excadrill are back together!
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678