Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fallout Series Discussion Thread

Default Fallout Series Discussion Thread

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of any game in the Fallout series. I have been a fan since I first played Fallout 3. These games have a lot to talk about.

Things like your strategies and techniques you use in playing the game, favorite moments of the story, your play style, and anything else that may concern this series.

Fallout 4 was released this past Tuesday. I am anxious to play it, though my copy on PC is still downloading. When I bought the physical copy only to learn it contains a portion of the game, I was irritated, mainly because I have a slow Internet connection. Aside from that I know I will be blown away by this game.

Who else has any thoughts on this series.
    The enraged Chansey slaps you silly.
    Symptoms of foul mouth cease

Fallout 3 was my first as well on the 360, I played a ton of it but I never got the chance to play any of the DLC. I managed to grab both New Vegas and Skyrim on PC earlier this year and I've been playing a lot of that until I say Fallout 4 was announced.

I was really excited to see Bethesda announce the game was coming out within the same year of it's announcement. I rode the hype train for five months to it's release and boy was it worth it. While of course nothing is perfect, this game is much better then I had hoped it to be. The settlements, gun/armor mods, power armor, muliti layer armor, new perk chart, the list of new features to the game goes on. I originally wanted to get it on PC(still do), but due to recent events I decided to get it on PS4 first. Later on when all the DLC is bundled with the game I'll pick it up for PC than.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17
    PSN: Zyon_17

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon_Veteran View Post
    Fallout 4 was released this past Tuesday. I am anxious to play it, though my copy on PC is still downloading. When I bought the physical copy only to learn it contains a portion of the game, I was irritated, mainly because I have a slow Internet connection. Aside from that I know I will be blown away by this game.
    That's disappointing. I've not really played any previous versions, but I know several enthusiastic fans, so I was thinking about buying it for PC (because I don't have a PS4 or Xbox), however I do not have good internet either. Guess I'll have to find out how many MB/GB it is to download, so I'll know if I can even bother going somewhere else to download it. - I'd also be interested in anyone's opinion on console vs computer (like how SIMS is dreadful on console compared to the computer versions, and I'm worried this might be a reverse situation of that).
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

Titans: Red War - TT RPG (Rated R)
    ~ Looking for new players, both Heroes and Villains! ~

The physical copy contains little over 5GB of 24GB. Downloading 19GB at a peak 1.5Mbps download will take about 2 days. I just hope play through the whole story. So many fun distractions, in Fallout New Vegas, I didn't exactly complete the story, though I came close.
    I did wish Fallout New Vegas had the dart gun from Fallout 3. That weapon made Deathclaws a joke as it crippled both legs of them, and nearly anyone else you shot with it.

I went out and bought Fallout 4 for Xbox One and I'm loving every second of the game! So far I'm level 10, and I've been working on my very first settlement. I'm relatively new to the Fallout games. I played a tiny bit of Fallout 3 and that was about it. Playing Fallout 4 has been very fun I'm glad I picked up this game!
    Happy 20th Anniversary Pokemon!

I have played Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Both are great games, though Fallout 4 is incredible. I have heard of a bug that crashes the game, though I hope Bethesda releases a patch well before I advance to that part of the game. Pretty much been playing it most of the weekend. As for software bugs, I do expect some at the initial release, especially since this game is huge.

I hate fallout 4's Dogmeat. He gets in the way in buildings, at least once i told him to stay and he ran into a turret anyway, and a gust of wind can KO him. He also runs into fights when i try to sneak around the area.

I feel bad wanting to leave him in Sanctuary, but he's also a horrible companion.

Fallout 4 has been awesome.

Another complaint, not really sure if it spoils anything or not.

The minutemen gave me a quest to help a Settlement thats all the way to the East of the map. I tried heading for it, figuring that since they gave it to me this early i should be able to handle it.

Turns out all the enemys in the area are level 30-40. I'm level 11 and they all have Skulls next to thier names. This means i wont be able to do any more of the Minutemen questline until i beat the game.

and i cant reload a save to try for an easier settlement unless i want to lose 4 hours of Progress.

Game is very fun except for small moments like this.

I have been playing it and set my base at the Red Rocket Truck Stop, just southeast of Sanctuary. I am really enjoying the process of building settlements. I am level 9, which I would be further along if it wasn't that my full time job would eat away my time and energy, I'd be much further in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikasaur View Post
    Another complaint, not really sure if it spoils anything or not.

The minutemen gave me a quest to help a Settlement thats all the way to the East of the map. I tried heading for it, figuring that since they gave it to me this early i should be able to handle it.

Turns out all the enemys in the area are level 30-40. I'm level 11 and they all have Skulls next to thier names. This means i wont be able to do any more of the Minutemen questline until i beat the game.

and i cant reload a save to try for an easier settlement unless i want to lose 4 hours of Progress.

Game is very fun except for small moments like this.
    Put on that power armor and bust out the Fat Man.

Anybody gone into Eustace's house in Diamond City?

Talk about Crazy Cat Lady...

Also, I am level 13? I think. Settlements are an awesome addition, I like the customization aspect of the game.

Though I can say I f***ing hate ghouls. They made those things scary as all hell in this installment. Especially when you walk into a building with them laying on the ground like they're dead.

Also, Codsworth OP

Shiny Badge Quest (4/8) Alpha Sapphire Team:

Hunting:

"Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I'm done letting it consume me."
    - Black Panther

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Put on that power armor and bust out the Fat Man.
    Except i only had 2 mini nukes. Suppose I Could have used the Mini gun to mow them down like the Deathclaw in Concord.

But, I just reloaded a previous save for an easier settlement. Might still have to use the Mini Gun strategy for the "Taking Independence" quest, though.

So what 'special' weapons have you guys got?

I have got the Deathclaw Gauntlets, Junk Jet, Cryolator, Kremvh's Tooth, and Shishkebab.

Hunting:

"Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I'm done letting it consume me."
    - Black Panther

I only have the Junk Jet so far. Could get the Cryolator but i dont want to "cheat"

I'm mainly looking for the Railway rifle, because it was my favorite in fallout 3

Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post
    So what 'special' weapons have you guys got?

I have got the Deathclaw Gauntlets, Junk Jet, Cryolator, Kremvh's Tooth, and Shishkebab.
    Wait, the Shishkebab is in this game?
    How do you obtain it? I must have it
    friend code is 1934-1322-5430 pm me if you add me,
    on pokemon X i am doing a japanese speed run, not that hard... so far.

Y safari zone type is flying. have woobat,farfetched and rufflet hope this helps
    i also play inazuma eleven 3 lightning bolt/ GO: LIGHT if anybody plays too

Quote Originally Posted by shadcat1206 View Post
    Wait, the Shishkebab is in this game?
    How do you obtain it? I must have it
    You have to go to some ironworks and kill all the 'Forged' there. I found out about it through a quest from the Minutemen.

Hunting:

- Black Panther

Finally got on the Pwydlin. Is cool I guess. I'm gonna go do the easy EXP exploit now. The encumbrance system is really p!ssing me off, so I have no problem cheating a few levels to get the perk to increase weight limit.

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

I had a hard time getting the 2000 caps to buy the house in Diamond City.

I kept picking up stuff i didnt want to sell and then i'd have a full inventory. Which then led to me not being able to pick up stuff i could sell. Then i didnt know if there was anywhere safe to store stuff until i bought the house.

wasnt until after i bought the house did i find a Basement/bunker in Sanctuary that i could hide stuff in.

I had a hard time getting the 2000 caps to buy the house in Diamond City.

I kept picking up stuff i didnt want to sell and then i'd have a full inventory. Which then led to me not being able to pick up stuff i could sell. Then i didnt know if there was anywhere safe to store stuff until i bought the house.

wasnt until after i bought the house did i find a Basement/bunker in Sanctuary that i could hide stuff in.
    You can safely store anything in any container in a settlement.

I've got all my things stored in a metal box in Red Rocket.

Also, I finally got the Railway Rifle and I love the thing! It's amazing and just pure fun to see someone's head nailed to a wall or floor because of it.

Hunting:

- Black Panther

See, i thought if i stored anything in Sanctuary(besides in the Bunker), the settlers would grab and use it.

Especially after reading they can use the power armor if you dont grab the Fusion core.

See, i thought if i stored anything in Sanctuary(besides in the Bunker), the settlers would grab and use it.

Especially after reading they can use the power armor if you dont grab the Fusion core.
    They of course can use power armor with a fusion core intact. However they can't grab items from containers unless commanded to so you're safe there.

Also I believe the easiest character to romance has to be Danse. All you have to do is hop in and out of power suits. Plus, I think he gives you a perk that allows you to deal extra damage to all enemies? I may be wrong.

Hunting:

- Black Panther

Decided to give fallout 4 a break for a week and go back to Fallout 3.

Edit: I dont remember Fallout 3 being this difficult. I run out of ammo alot easier than i remember and i use Stimpaks like candy

Maybe it's because we cant aim down sights, or because im playing as a male character for a change
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 13th December 2015 at 11:12 PM.

My cousin got me onto Fallout 3 five years ago and it remains my favorite to this day. I've played all the DLC content. I got back into playing New Vegas late last year and ended up playing the Dead Money DLC for the first time. Had already did the other DLCs a few years ago.

I was more hyped for FO4 game than any other. I even sold my GTA V game towards the purchase. I was able to get the game and the guide for only $35! I even got the Premium guide when i was supposed to get the standard guide. I think the guide at Gamestop was so confused and busy that night at the launch that he overlooked it. I sure didn't say nothing about it! lol

But unfortunately, like others out there, the game didn't really live up to my expectations. Too few dialogue choices, not enough explanatory for certain points in the game, too much focus on crafting and building. I founf myself playing it less and less up until the point where i had pawned it. I mean i'm able to get it back if I wanted to but, i'm not in any rush to get it back though. So i'm back to playing FO3 for the third time.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

I got into Fallout 3 like most here, and that's how I was introduced. I then got New Vegas and shortly after the GOTY editions.

Fallout 4 is good but it'll never top New Vegas. You could literally kill EVERYONE in New Vegas, in 4..... it's ridiculous how many people are essential. What if I hate the Minutemen, huh? I have the right to kill them off. That was one of the many reasons Yes Man is one of my top favorite characters, heck he won Watch Mojo's most popular Fallout character thing.

And I was sad you can't keep Deacon in two of the four endings...... I love the Brotherhood but can't keep that ending as my main save due to losing him. So the Minutemen was my choice, so the Railroad and Brotherhood both exist and are friends with me.
    Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast