Thread: Games that you are done with.

Default Games that you are done with.

Well, apparently I posted this in the wrong place originally, so I'll try it here!

As the title says: Have you ever played a game that has annoyed you so much that you just went "Nope. I refuse to do this anymore. I'm not playing this stupid thing anymore."

This can be any game, not just a Pokemon one.

I'll start with Pokemon Shuffle. I have been playing this game for ages, but about a month ago I got to level 150 - Mega Mewtwo Y.

After a month of grinding Misdreavus, Liepard, Chandelure and Mega Sableye to level their maximum level, hoarding all the coins I could get so I could buy the "Moves + 5" "Mega Start" "Disruption Delay" and "Complexity - 1" power ups, waiting patiently for all that time for the stupid heart timer to give me more hearts to play with, and many frustrating attempts to capture Gengar, Umbreon, Heracross, Mismagius, Scizor and Zoroark in the hope that one of them would help me beat Mega Mewtwo (all those attempts failed, even when I paid out extortionate amounts to use a Great Ball (and thus pushing me further away from affording the power-ups)) - I finally took on Mega Mewtwo Y this morning.

I am never playing that stupid effing game again. It really isn't worth the time and effort I was putting in.

Anyway, that's my game, what about yours?
    Pokemon Blaze Black Nuzlocke

Team
    Socks Mr. Toad Nursie Artura Roxanne

Murdered by Lenora
    Murex Fifi Louie Senorita

Killed by Plasma Grunt
    Jewel

I'm done with Pokemon Shuffle as well.

At first, I though the game was great. It was fun and addicting.

When I got the later levels of the game, levels became frustratingly hard, and capturing the Pokemon was even harder. Still, I kept going for ages.

Then I got stuck to the Milotic level, and couldn't progress anymore. I did still continue playing because of the events.

What was the thing that eventually made me quit the game? The events. My god, they are cancerous. At first, they were fair. Now, the stages are really, really unfair, impossible to beat without items (which are way too expensive), and even if you somehow manage to beat them, you most likely have to spent tons of money to great balls, because of the ridiculously low catch rates. These things also apply to most of the later regular stages.

I am never going to touch Shuffle again. I tortured myself with it way too long.
    Claimed:
    Pokemon Y team:
    Pokemon Omega Ruby team:

Unpopular opinion time.

Fire Emblem. Yes, seriously. However, I have only played two titles in the series (7 and Awakening). Awakening left the worst taste in my mouth.

My sister introduced me to the series with 7, and I had it as part of the Ambassador Program on my 3DS. So I gave it a shot. I actually liked it and reached somewhere around the halfway point. Then Awakening came along and it at first I liked it, gameplay and all. Then I started to realize this was the beginning of what IS is capable of for fanservice starting with Nowi, the DLC, and even the fact that people have started claiming "waifus".

So Fates came along and left an even worse taste in my mouth before it was even released in the West. The battle panties, the absurd amount of fanservice including the now-removed face-rubbing, and overall the feeling that it has become more fanservice than gameplay. At the same time, me being put off by Fire Emblem did not put me off the entire genre, as I played XCOM: Enemy Unknown and absolutely loved it to death.

Now Fates is coming in about a couple weeks and XCOM 2's already out. I would easily recommend the latter over the former in a heartbeat.
    FC: 0447-8751-2278
    AS IGN: Djura

Another vote for shuffle. Same thing happened with Candy Crush and the Frozen version, I get hooked at first but several hours later, I go "Is this how worthless my life is?"

I wish I can force myself to quit Pokémon Picross. Invested nearly 50 hours since launch in December, bought my first ever IAP fake money after playing several other F2P games, and I just feel like wasting so much time checking every hours to do my daily trainings to get enough points for the next area. WTF am I doing playing that when I have Mario Picross, which has over a hundred puzzles all unlocked from the get go?

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

Throw in yet another vote for Pokemon Shuffle, because I'm done with the game, I can't stand the repetitive grinding aspect of the game, and I've hardly gotten any of the useful Megas anyway. Haven't touched it since last year, and probably won't ever again since I'm so far behind the curve. I also don't care for Rumble World, the brief demo of Rumble on the Wii gave me much more fun than it. Pokemon and F2P pretty much equals the opposite of fun and enjoyment to me.

Ragequit general? Ragequit general.

A few months back I tried doing Starwhal's challenge mode thing and that was frustrating. The controls are made so that you can't be as precise as you want so doing precision challenges is pretty bull.

Getting 100% in Etrian Mystery Dungeon is the most recent case of this for me. I'm usually the kind of person who will go for 100% even when it's not necessarily reasonable, but a 61 floor level 1 dungeon with a boss at the end that has numerous drops that you're not even guaranteed to get, and of which you need multiple of to get certain weapons which is actually logged for completion? In a game where regular enemies in late dungeon floors take way too long to kill making the bulky enemies in Super Mystery Dungeon look like pushovers? No thanks.

Lunatic+ in FE:A is another one because that's just bad difficulty, and the devious AI in FE12 Maniac Mode also drew me away from that too.

Pokemon Shuffle is super doable in comparison to this stuff honestly.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke

This one is to do with 3DS Pokémon spin-off games. The ones I'm done with are Pokémon Shuffle for the 3DS because I've already beaten Mega Mewtwo Y and simply boredom from the hard event Legendaries because I currently don't have much time with this version, so now I only play Mobile (though some mechanics in Mobile are more frustrating than the 3DS version, which I agree), Pokémon Rumble World because there isn't much scope in the game compared to main series games and Pokémon Picross due to the amount of time to get through all of the stages.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

Mario Kart. I HATE CPU'S. They purposely ALWAYS get the ****ing blue shells and kill me. and make me land second place in the last .5 seconds of a match. I like the series, but it needs to be done with real people.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Above user fills potholes with superglue then sits on the side of the road and watches cars roll through and get stuck. And eats popcorn whilst doing so.
    ^this is on my bucket list. I must do this before I die.^

I have an entertainment page on facebook! I do music, writing, memes... Check it out! https://www.facebook.com/thebirdlord

After years, I've finally claimed deoxys! Watch your back! hehe...

Just decided that I'm done with Picross too. Stupid game takes waaay to long to regenerate energy so you can play.
    Pokemon Blaze Black Nuzlocke

Team
    Socks Mr. Toad Nursie Artura Roxanne

Murdered by Lenora
    Murex Fifi Louie Senorita

Killed by Plasma Grunt
    Jewel

Everybody has that one game series which is widely considered very good but actually has no connection to it all for one reason or another, right? A bunch of your friends rave about it and say it was part of their childhoods but it literally went over your head that entire time and you struggle to understand the hype? You get the picture.

For me, that series is The Legend of Zelda.

I've only ever played two game in the series properly - OoT 3D and Phantom Hourglass - and I've finished neither. I just get can't into the series at all. I'm not trying to flame it because I CAN see why people like these games, I honestly can. They're just not for me.

That being said, years back out of boredom I got Phantom Hourglass pre-owned. For a while, I was enjoying it. The gameplay/exploration/combat felt a bit basic and primitive to me compared to other games in the genre (that's one reason I don't really like the series) but the music and atmosphere was nice.

Then I got to that f*cking undersea temple (you know what I mean).

It wasn't so bad the first time around, but when I had to keep coming in time and time again and do the SAME PUZZLES over and over and avoid the SAME ENEMIES which I couldn't even attack, I thought it wasn't worth it. I gave it a chance, and I may give the series another chance in the future, but I wasn't putting up with crap like that.

In my defence, I have been told by others that Phantom Hourglass is one of the worst ones.

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

I just decided to play frogger for ps1 day before yesterday. It's a fun game and has great music. I'm done with it though because it is way to difficult. I know games are boring if they are to easy but this one is god awful. I couldn't even beat the first lily pad level >.>

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Well I also ragequit Pokemon Shuffle after just a few days of playing last year. As I advanced through the game it became less fun for me and felt like a chore to play, so I dropped it like a bad habit and haven't played in months.

I'm surprised I'm not the only one who ragequit Shuffle. I enjoyed the first few days of playing, but it just got so annoying imo. Not my type of game.

Outside of Pokémon, I've gotten really tired of the Yugioh video games. It's just no fun to collect the cards in the game like you would in real life, so I got pretty tired of those games.