Reversal Lead:
    252 Attack EVs 252 Speed EVs
    Salac Berry
    +Atk -Def or Sp.Def
    Endure
    Reversal
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge

Basic reversal set that compliments Dugtrios 120 base speed and a decent base 80 attack. Endure to get down to one, then Salac to boost speed for a powerful reversal. EQ is there for STAB and Stone Edge for coverage against flying types and other pokemon who will try wall you.
    DESTROY TEH ICE TYPES! Garchomp FTW!!!!!!
    My favorite Pokemon!:

FireRed Team:
    Emerald Team:
    Diamond Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    White Team:
    Fighters 'till the end!

More Stuff To Add To Counters
    If running arena trap, dugtrio has no counters until it kills your pokemon, as you cannot switch. However, once dugtrio does kill, any revenge killer will most likely kill it even with priority thanks to its pitiful defenses. Scizor with bullet punch is great, as bullet punch OHKO's, and pursuit makes sure that dugtrio will not switch. Choice banded pursuit is still pretty likely to kill dugtrio without it switching, which makes it a great option. Tracers, such as porygon2, can copy arena trap and kill it with basically any attack. Any pursuiter with priority is a viable counter, as the priority will kill dugtrio, and pursuit will make sure it can't switch. This will require some prediction however. A burned dugtrio or a paralyzed one (via move such is body slam) is a useless one. To sum it up, there are many counters to dugtrio, you just need to work past arena trap.

Arena Trap in ubers destroys scarf-kyogre if you set up with hone claws, double team for the lolz

for team mates mention how devastating gravity can be...(also lets it go all out w/ choice band...EQ unopposed)
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by bugcatchersdream View Post
    I still want to do Slaking
    Anyway, this gut is ridiculously fast and has good attack, so he makes a good UU physical sweeper. But he can also be a decent lead.
    So...
    Dugtrio@leftovers
    Ability: Arena Trap
    Nature: Impish (+Def, -Satk)
    EVs:252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk
    Moves: Substitute
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Pursuit

Substitute lets you survive a hit. Stealth Rock is amazing and at the core of most leads. Earthquake is for STAB, and Pursuit is in case something tries to switch into you.
    u hav arena trap so not many things can switch out so pursuit is kind of useless

Quote Originally Posted by 365pokemon View Post
    If running arena trap, dugtrio has no counters until it kills your pokemon, as you cannot switch.
    This actually made me think. When discussing STChandy, I always made it a point that it was uncounterable because nothing could switch out that didn't have Shed Shell (waste of an item), Run Away (horrible ability and users), U-Turn, Volt Switch, or Baton Pass (these attacks aren't widely distributed). Because of the few and far-between (or plain awful) ways of escaping, Chandy was pretty much uncounterable. However, Dugtrio is a bit different. Not only can the above ways foil Arena Trap (bar Volt Switch), but the ability doesn't work on any Flying types or Pokemon with Levitate, which are actually quite common. So...how uncounterable is Dugtrio?

But as far as sets go, I find the Choice Specs Band and Scarf, Sub3Attacks, and Memento sets to be the most effective. If you can find the right Pokemon to set up on, then I suppose Dugtrio can do great with Hone Claws (what claws?), but I fear he may be a little too frail to pull of such a set consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    This actually made me think. When discussing STChandy, I always made it a point that it was uncounterable because nothing could switch out that didn't have Shed Shell (waste of an item), Run Away (horrible ability and users), U-Turn, Volt Switch, or Baton Pass (these attacks aren't widely distributed). Because of the few and far-between (or plain awful) ways of escaping, Chandy was pretty much uncounterable. However, Dugtrio is a bit different. Not only can the above ways foil Arena Trap (bar Volt Switch), but the ability doesn't work on any Flying types or Pokemon with Levitate, which are actually quite common. So...how uncounterable is Dugtrio?

But as far as sets go, I find the Choice Specs Band and Scarf, Sub3Attacks, and Memento sets to be the most effective. If you can find the right Pokemon to set up on, then I suppose Dugtrio can do great with Hone Claws (what claws?), but I fear he may be a little too frail to pull of such a set consistently.
    It is counterless under gravity...
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    It is counterless under gravity...
    Gravity's kind of a gimmick at best, though, and none too common.

But yes. It is uncounterable in Gravity. Oh, and if your opponent has an Iron Ball, too.

Lead-Trio

Sorry if this has been suggested already, I haven't checked. Anyway, this is a lead set that works well for me.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature, 252 Atk/ 252 Spd, 6 SDef
    Trait: Arena Trap

-Taunt
    -Stealth Rock
    -Stone Edge/Earthquake
    -Sucker Punch

Dugtrio reaches a speed stat of 372 through this set. Apart from leading, it also allows him to come back and hit fast pokemon like Starmie and Gengar, who will not want to take EQ or Stone Edge respectively.
    Taunt and Rocks are standard lead moves, Taunt anything lower than base 120 Speed on the first turn and set up rocks the next. Sucker Punch and an attack helps if Dugtrio comes in late-game after being Roared/Switched. Sucker Punch hits fast threats like Starmie, Gengar and Alakazam for Super-Effective damage, and that won't be something they want to take: 80 Power priority backed by a 259 Attack stat. Even if it doesn't KO them it will take a huge chunk of their HP.
    The fourth move is something of a filler. Stone Edge enables you to hit faster leads such as Aerodactyl and Azelf, but EQ gets STAB and is more accurate. I would go Stone Edge since otherwise you are bait for Aero, who will Taunt you then set up while you can't do anything.
    My Teams:
    3rd Gen:
    4th Gen:
    5th Gen:

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Five_Ledian View Post
    Dugtrio @Air Baloon
    Nature:Jolly
    Ability:Arena Trap
    EVs:4 HP,252 Atk,252 Spd
    -Substitute
    -Hone Claws
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

This looks like gimmicky but if you switch in a choiced Electric or Ground type move this set can be the opponents doom.
    And what's left is what dugtrio looks like underground B)

In the single battles, is it a safe option to switch arena trap to sand force btw? Normally, the only way your can tell if dugtrio has arena trap or not is to try and switch out your own pokemon and see if it works. Otherwise, you'll need trace users.

Are we missing something here? If you've rapid-spun rocks away, momento clears the way for an almost-guaranteed bellyzard.

Why Dugtrio?? when are the very good worthy poks comeing as pokemon of the week..geez..

Anyway. I like Sazandora's his sets. Pretty much sums it all i guess.

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

The problem with the POTW is that people don't think outside the box enough :/
    Mmmmm Steel types...

It seems to me, you lived your life like a Litwick in a Whirlwind, never knowing who to Klink to when the Drizzle set in, and i Sudowoodo like to know you, when I was just an Elekid , but the Litwick burned out long before the legend ever did...

Proud Member of "The Triumvirate"

Credit to Gladeshadow

Quite honestly the funniest thing that i have ever heard:
    Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...
    DFTBA

Thinking outside the box often makes for lacking sets.

Has anyone posted a Sand Power Revenge Killing set yet?

Well, the moveset I am about to post only works if you have another pokemon in the team. I was hesitating at posting it, but pokemon is all about strategy so I thought I could post it. In order for this set to work, you need a Durant in the team with the Truant ability (although it is not released in the games, you can get it in the emulators). The Durant's set is this:

Durant @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Truant
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / The 6 remaining don't really
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Entertainment
    - Whatever you want
    - Whatever you want
    - Whatever you want

Now, to the main point. When you believe your opponent is using a pokemon that can kill your Durant and it is NOT a flying type, does not have a Balloon or has the Levitate ability (It is easy to kill Durant with a fire type move), you use Durant. You go with Entertainment and the opponent will definitely attack with the fire type move the pokemon is holding, knowing that it can kill Durant. Then, the real deal comes! You use your mighty Dugtrio!

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash / Scope Lens
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    -Protect
    -Hone Claws
    -Earthquake / Substitute
    -Stone Edge

So you probably have understood the way the set works. Dugtrio is the fastest pokemon with an ability that prevents switching. It can reach 372 Speed and that makes it a beast. As soon as Durant gets killed, you switch to Dugtrio. The first turn, the opponent's pokemon will be loafing around so you go with your Hone Claws. Then, you protect yourself while the opponent will be using an attacking move. And that can happen until you maximize your attack and accuracy. Afterwards, you start destroying your opponent's team and have fun. However, even if you maximize your attack there is the problem of the Priority moves and with its frail defense stat Dugtrio can be killed immediately. That's why I suggest to give it a Focus Sash.

Another option is to give Substitute, to help your hax Dugtrio protect itself from Priority Moves. If you are about to give Substitute I suggest to get rid of Earthquake instead of Stone Edge because if the opponent uses a flying type you can't do anything at all. Stone Edge is a Rock Type move and it can hit any pokemon. Plus, it will never miss thanks to Hone Claws and has a high critical hit ratio which can be abused if you give it Scope Lens (Focus Sash will be useless because you are using Substitute).
    Last edited by Maxulus; 1st June 2011 at 12:40 PM.

Could you explain to me why you would switch dugtrio in on a flying type with this understanding?

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraMASTER View Post
    Sweet advantage of time zones :3

Sub Plus 3 Attacks
    -Substitute
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Sucker Punch
    Item Attached: Life Orb
    Ability: Sand Veil/Sand Force
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)/Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
    Sub Plus 3 Attacks, imo, is the best offensive set for Dugtrio. With a base 120 Speed stat, it can set up its sub before being attacked and can sweep. EQ and Stone Edge for QuakeEdge coverage. Dugtrio can pull off Sucker Punch very nicely since everybody is just gonna beat the crap out of it.

Toxic Trapper
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    -Substitute
    -Sucker Punch/Earthquake/Stone Edge
    Item Attached: Leftovers/Focus Sash
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spd (obviously needs fixing i think)
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
    This one is a beeeast! Toxic to do some damage. Protect to Toxic Stall. Sub to stall out more. Sucker Punch is gonna hit almost everything since every player trapped in this situation just wants to kill Dugtrio. Earthquake hits hardest. Stone Edge hits the Flying types that want to escape the Arena Trap.

SPECS-TRIO?!
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Echoed Voice
    -Final Gambit
    Item Attached: Choice Specs
    Ability: Sand Veil/Arena Trap
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
    I'm going gimmicky on this one. Earth Power for the STAB move. Hidden Power (Fire) hits 2 of its weaknesses, Grass and Ice. Echoed Voice is interesting to use with Arena Trap. Final Gambit to some decent damage to the opponent, but if you had max HP, then you can do a lot more damage. Max HP EVs is an option on this set, but you still need room for Sp.Atk and Speed EV's.

I've probably taken most of the fun so, I'm done for now :3

Edit: Deleted some sets because I felt majorly sorry for you guys

That sums it all up, no need for input

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

I would like to mention that any set using sand power is at best described as "a bad joke".

Thanks.

I think dugtrio is a good choice for the next POTW
    As everyone can see ive given up Pokemon....

Could you explain to me why you would switch dugtrio in on a flying type with this understanding?
    You mean "why would you switch a flying type in on Dugtrio", since nobody would do the former anyway.

#595 Joltik

OT: V4LOVER | ID No.: 22930 | Gender:

Nature: Timid | Ability: Compoundeyes | Type: Bug / Electric
    Capture Location: Chargestone Cave | Hidden Power: Ice 70
    Moves: Fury Cutter / Electroweb / Bug Bite / Gastro Acid
    IVs: 31/14/30/31/31/31

You can Pursuit levitating things like Latios, Latias, Azelf, Gengar and others. It also can catch a Sigylph, Xatu or so on with a KO when they all switch out expecting a CB Night Slash or Stone Edge.

Ah the Original mole.

I will ruin your garden!
    Nature: Jolly Ev's: 252 attack and speed 4 sp def
    Item: Life Orb focus sash or Leftovers
    Aerial Ace
    Sucker punch/faint attack
    Earthquake
    Stone edge/Toxic/memento

Aerial ace removes grass types from the equation
    Sucker punch is priority as long as you opponent attacks or faint attack never misses
    Earthquake for stab
    stone edge for flying types or toxic if you want a status option and memento for obvious reasons its your choice
    Last edited by The Intersect; 1st June 2011 at 5:52 PM.
    Moveset extrordanaire just ask if you want assistance
    Owner of the CK general chat channel on Purplesurge leave me a post if ya want info :-)

FINALLY GOT A CLAIM...
    All Munchlax are mine!

Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch...

leadtrio

Dugtrio@focus smash
    Nature: jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

-Earthquake
    -Sucker Punch
    -Sand Storm
    -Stealth Rock

This might work as a lead,he will get around 372 speed and with that much speed it will our run a lot as long as it is not scarfed,it can set up Stealth Rock and Sand Storm and if needed Sucker Punch,and Earthquake is just its best STAB
    Last edited by toawest1; 1st June 2011 at 6:50 PM.
    Come hang out with me on xbox live, gamer tag: toawest1
    3DS Pokemon Y FC 4983-6283-5

why dugtrio? your machine makes me mad.
    EELEKTROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm the best kid in the world. Okay? Any objection? Hmm..., over 9000. Oh....

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

What I'm saying is that if they wanted to trap there opponents, they wouldn't switch it in on a flying type unless they had pursuit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast