Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Community POTW #22

Slow, sandy, poison death:

Careful-BrightPowder
    -Rock Tomb
    -Toxic
    -Sandstorm
    -Substitute

This one's designed to take advantage of it's ability to slowly chip away at enemies. It first poisons the enemy with Toxic. It then uses Sandstorm. It creates a substitue, and every turn after that, uses Rock Tomb, slowing the opponent's speed. Careful is the perfect nature for this, because it raises defense, and lowers Sp. Attack, which this set doesn't even use.
    I respect the trainers I beat more than the ones that beat me, because if I beat them that means they didn't ragequit.

Canyon Death:
    Dugtrio:
    Evs: Attack 12 , Speed 9
    Ability: Sand Veil/Sand Force
    Item: Soft Sand/Ground Gem/Wide Lens
    Attacks:
    Move 1:Sand Storm: To Raise Evasion or Speed
    move 2:Earthquake: The main Death Move
    Move 3:Magnitude/Fissure/Rock Slide/Final Gambit: Last Resort or Death to You move
    Move 4:Tri Attack/Cut/Swagger/Beat Up: Use for Opponet Swaps or type Dissadvantage
    My Youtube Channel

Come Join me on Playstation!
    PSN: TehLoneRaZoR
    Games: CoD: Black Ops, CoD: MW2, CoD: Black Ops 2, Battlefield 3, Assassin's Creed 3

-Thanks FrostStorm

I be stealin' a post.

Just a set I've thought up recently:

I Be Stallin'
    Ability: Arena Trap
    Nature: Jolly
    Item: Focus Sash/Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 4 HP (There's never a better spread for this guy anyway, really...)
    -Protect
    -Toxic
    -Night Slash/Shadow Claw/Slash/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Sucker Punch/Substitute
    -Night Slash/Shadow Claw/Slash/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Sucker Punch/Substitute

Stalling is something Dugtrio could possibly do. Protect and Toxic are the obvious parts to the set. With Arena Trap, he can do quite a bit of damage here, even stall out some of the bulkier ones. Then, you have pretty much Dugtrio's arsenal at choice, the trio of CritiCuts, Eq, SE and Sucker Punch. You could also run Substitute if you want a bit more protection. It actually works really well with Protect and Toxic. Leftovers if you run Substitute, FSash if you don't.

...Just a thought.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Default After Long time not Contributing cause of some problems....

Errr Just bored so I thought of this while looking at it.
    Sexy Trap Dugtrio (Preferred Female)
    Naughty or Sassy Nature(not preferred) Timid Nature -Atk +Speed
    252HP / 252Speed / 6Def @Leftovers/Focus Sash
    Trait: Arena Trap
    -Mud Slap
    -Toxic
    -Attract
    -Protect

This Set is mainly to stop them from landing a hit on you. Attract Plus Mud Slap and Protect is just sexy as you can lower their Accuracy, 50% chance of them not attacking with Attract and you also need extra Protection with Protect. The 6 EV in def is just because it has low def for Ground type than majority of Ground type Pokemon.

In triple battles or double they might aim for it since it is so ATTRACTIVE well keep it in the middle if you are in triple battle so that you can attract all of the oppositions if they are all male (in most cases it will be male since that ais what I find being used most. To divert attention from it being knocked out easily....

Partners time
    Use Pokemon that knows the move "Follow Me" so that you can poision all of the opposing challenger (Assuming they are not poision type or steel types and nor are they immune to Status Condition Or have Poison Heal). Follow me Allows The Pokemon that used it to be hit and not the other Pokemon. This is most likely to be Clefable since it has Magic Gaurd as an Ability and can learn Follow me to attract Status condition moves that are aimed at Dugtrio. A Pokemon with the Move Wide Guard is also helpful in Triple or Double battle to protect it from Field attacks Such as Earthquake, Muddy Water, Surf and so forth. Ideally This is just used for trolling people in Battle since I love doing that. You need Pokemon that can Also recover Dugtrio with Healing Beam so that it restores its HP. In rare causes that Dugtrio has encountered status conditon, you also need Heal Bell User or Aromatheory User to clear it off Such as Celebi since it can use all of that. More defensuve Partners are those who can also enduce status condition and have attract plus Follow me to Slowly out Stall them. So basically Slow death to the opponent.
    This was all on Defensive side of this Pokemon.

Offensive Side with this move set.
    Partners:
    Storm Drain Users will be most usefull in this cause to take on water moves as well as gaining sp.atk Increase and than Hit back hard with the boost. Ice Type move users will Most likely Dent the opposition as well as fire users in case of Steel types who are immune to toxic come in.

Enough for now :P
    Last edited by NAMBIRI; 5th June 2011 at 6:14 AM. Reason: items
    Nambiri

Sunny Day Lead
    Jolly/252HP/252speed
    Arena Trap/Heat Rock
    -Sunny Day
    -Stealth Rock
    -Memento
    -Final Gambit
    I know, I know, out-classed by Ninetails, but it can work in lower Tiers, as Ninetails is clearly OU, and it can get up a Stealth Rock to. The point is obvious, prepare the sunshine for teammates to use. Memento works well, helping the teammate that comes in get a Substitute, Swords dance, Dragon Dance, ect. Final Gambit is if the enemy tries to taunt you, it will always do 274 damage. Most leads that use taunt will be OHKOed.

In doubles/triples: It has 120 speed, and beat up....You know where I'm going with this, it's an old trick by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Groudon View Post
    Slow, sandy, poison death:

Careful-BrightPowder
    -Rock Tomb
    -Toxic
    -Sandstorm
    -Substitute

This one's designed to take advantage of it's ability to slowly chip away at enemies. It first poisons the enemy with Toxic. It then uses Sandstorm. It creates a substitue, and every turn after that, uses Rock Tomb, slowing the opponent's speed. Careful is the perfect nature for this, because it raises defense, and lowers Sp. Attack, which this set doesn't even use.
    Why rock tomb if it has 120 speed, and sandstorm if with Tyranitar/Hippowdon?
    Beauty Trap (Preferred Female)
    Naughty or Sassy Nature(not preferred) Timid Nature -Atk +Speed
    252HP / 252Speed / 6Def @Leftovers
    Trait: Arena Trap
    -Mud Slap
    -Toxic
    -Attract
    -Protect

This Set is mainly to stop them from landing a hit on you. Attract Plus Mud Slap and Protect is just sexy as you can lower their Accuracy, 50% chance of them not attacking with Attract and you also need extra Protection with Protect. The 6 EV in def is just because it has low def for Ground type than majority of Ground type Pokemon.

In triple battles or double they might aim for it since it is so ATTRACTIVE well keep it in the middle if you are in triple battle so that you can attract all of the oppositions if they are all male (in most cases it will be male since that ais what I find being used most. To divert attention from it being knocked out easily....
    It might work, but only in PO and Shoddy, where people usually stick with the default for most pokemon:Male. In wi-fi battles, there will probably be just as many females.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 3rd June 2011 at 3:07 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    might work, but only in PO and Shoddy, where people usually stick with the default for most pokemon:Male. In wi-fi battles, there will probably be just as many females.
    Preferred doesn't always mean it must be what it has been stated to be. Protect and Mud Slap are also there to cover up for Attract if they set up same gender Pokemon. Lowering their accuracy is one heck of a thing, Having Protect is another denting point plus Attract you are just trolling. There are also the team mate who will most likely be opposite Gender to cover up in double or triple battle. All it takes is logic, Strategic thoughts and common sense to deal with this. What this is just to Annoy them and Whismicott is also there are the troll King or Cottonee (where I use both of them @ level one in battle and troll them in battle. That always makes me crack up my nuts to the limit with laughter). This will work to Troll and defeat the foe.

And Err good luck with your Sunny Day..... Another use for your Sunny Day is to get rid of other weather effect of Sand Stream Snow Warning and Drizzle Randomly since they are annoying, Like I have Forretress with Random Sunny day just for fun. Well mostly Sand Stream since people say it is the Metagame. I like Drizzle More :P
    Nambiri

Dugtrio can be a beast with Sand Force and it's high speed. However, it is pretty fragile compared to Excadrill.

We fight till the end!
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 speed, 252 attack, and 4 Sp. Def
    Item: Focus Sash/salac berry
    Moves:
    Endure(if salac berry)/hone claws (if shashed)
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide/Stone edge
    Reversal

A typical set set up for sandstorm teams.

As for the team, team up with a Tyranitar or a Hippowdon for the sandstorm. If you play doubles or triples, be sure to have ways to avoid the EQs.

My favorites happen to be mid-evolved poison types.

i don't think the pre-evo corner should be displayed this weak... eviolite to a fragile pkmn seems useless
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    i don't think the pre-evo corner should be displayed this weak... eviolite to a fragile pkmn seems useless
    So true. Diglett used to be awesome, but now with Eviolite...it's just sorta meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    Not every LC pokémon needs to run an eviolite, and it does still have a cool niché in the LC tier, taking out the likes of Chinchou, Elekid, Mantyke and other stuff with Earthquake, Stone Edge and Final Gambit.

Spoiler:- Threads You Should Check Out!:

dang someone stole my toxic staller idea oh well

BTW i think scrafty should be next the poor UU pokemon just swept an E4 member with 3 bulk ups nd it was only lvl 41 but u dont have to just a thought

Im just going to do a Overview and a moveset or two movesets.

Sand Veil:Awesome ability.20% evasion on a sandstorm.Makes it perfectly pair with a Tyranitar:Aerial Ace can hit you so watch out.Helpful for super effective moves when they hit you.
    Arena Trap:They can't escape unless with Baton Pass.Awesome ability cause spam Sand Attack at it then use Hone Claws then Stone Edge.
    Sand Force:Power's up Ground-Rock-Steel moves when there's a sandstorm.He has no steel types moves anyway.Stone Edge and Earthquake will get an a incredible boost.

Hey you drillos can you drill this for me?

Rhyhorn, Rhydon, and Rhyperior - pldh.net
    Userbar - Kreayshawn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234