Thread: A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3 Fanfiction

Default A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3 Fanfiction

(OOC:
    This is technically an AU, but it is still sort of true to the main plot of PMD3. This mainly takes place before the trip to the past, but some things may not tie in with the world you start out playing in when you first begin the game.
    This is my first time writing a chapter fic, so I am not very good at this, but I will try. I also have a busy schedule, so I may not post new chapters too frequently. I hope you enjoy the story. I should have found all the grammatical errors and such. I haven't been able to think of a title yet, but I should think of one soon)

(PG-13/14/15- May contain a few swears, some mention of blood, and some sexual tension between some certain characters...)

Prologue

It was just like any other day in the bleak, paralyzed future. Everything was still and quiet. The world of Pokemon had been like this since Temporal Tower started to crumble, and Dialga lost himself to the darkness. No one knew exactly why what happened to Dialga happened, or Temporal Tower for that matter.

Humans and Pokemon had been separated from each other for some time now, though each new of the others existence. It had been like that since the fall of the Temporal Tower. Pokemon soon started to give into the darkness such as Dialga had done before. Pokemon would attack everyone and everything, even their trainers.

Some might have argued that the Pokemon had just been scared, and the Humans overreacted. But others believed that there was another, even darker force at work; something unexplainable to even the smartest of Humans and Pokemon.

There were, however, some that argued that there had to be a way to save themselves and the world from being paralyzed. These were Pokemon and Humans that had not completely given into the darkness. Still, most thought it best that both races worked apart from one another. They feared that Humans and Pokemon were too different from one another to work together. So the Humans went their way, the Pokemon the other.

There are, however, a few exceptions. There were a few Humans and Pokemon that decided to stay true to one another, and to work together to reach a common goal. They created their own groups, each trying to find a way to fix their broken world.

After months and months of still no answer, most of the groups just quit. They decided that it was not worth their time, and that there was no way they could do anything to help. Soon there would only be a select group of a human, and a few Pokemon. This group consisted of Grovyle, a pink Celebi, and human named Sparx.

Thanks to Peter at The Peters Art Shop

Spoiler:- PMD3 Spoiler:

It was just like any other day in the bleak, paralyzed future. Everything was still and quiet. The world of Pokemon had been like this since Temporal Tower started to crumble, and Dialga lost himself to the darkness. No one knew exactly why what happened to Dialga happened, or Temporal Tower for that matter.
    Ooh, I know that they use the world paralyzed to describe it in game but I still think this was a nice way to set the scene.

Humans and Pokemon had been separated from each other for some time now, though each new of the others existence. It had been like that since the fall of the Temporal Tower. Pokemon soon started to give into the darkness such as Dialga had done before. Pokemon would attack everyone and everything, even their trainers.

Some might have argued that the Pokemon had just been scared, and the Humans overreacted. But others believed that there was another, even darker force at work; something unexplainable to even the smartest of Humans and Pokemon.

There were, however, some that argued that there had to be a way to save themselves and the world from being paralyzed. These were Pokemon and Humans that had not completely given into the darkness. Still, most thought it best that both races worked apart from one another. They feared that Humans and Pokemon were too different from one another to work together. So the Humans went their way, the Pokemon the other.
    Any specific reason you are capitalising humans?

After months and months of still no answer, most of the groups just quit. They decided that it was not worth their time, and that there was no way they could do anything to help. Soon there would only be a select group of a human, and a few Pokemon. This group consisted of Grovyle, a pink Celebi, and human named Sparx.
    Even though his name sounds like a Pokemon's name! (Says the guy who named his main character Viceroy)

So yeah, you might want to extend this with a little more description and action. It reads well but it could be considered a little dull because you are just telling the reader what happened, not how it happened or what people felt about it.

It is a prologue so I think a textbook style description is permissible but still. Are you planning on straying from the main plot very much? I hope you do otherwise you may develop the "PMD" generic disease.

I haven't read much PMD before so I'm looking forward to what you are planning to do with this!
    Lol.

Yeah. I thought that since Pokemon was capitalized, so should Human. It's just how the words work in my head...though if it does not make much sense I will change it.

Even though his name sounds like a Pokemon's name! (Says the guy who named his main character Viceroy)

So yeah, you might want to extend this with a little more description and action. It reads well but it could be considered a little dull because you are just telling the reader what happened, not how it happened or what people felt about it.

It is a prologue so I think a textbook style description is permissible but still. Are you planning on straying from the main plot very much? I hope you do otherwise you may develop the "PMD" generic disease.

I haven't read much PMD before so I'm looking forward to what you are planning to do with this!
    Yeah, I thought the name was wierd but only after the fact of posting it, so I will probably have to change the name...

My friends said the same thing about it. I am in the process of re-writing the prologue with more description, and Human/Pokemon feelings towards what is going on.

And as for the main plot, it centers around the future, and not going into the past.

Thanks for commenting, I hope I can keep the story interesting.
    Last edited by Ttone1224; 1st June 2011 at 11:52 AM.

Spoiler:- PMD3 Spoiler: