View Poll Results: Will You Download this 'Game'?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Definitely!

240 84.21%
  • Maybe, Depends what else is revealed.

25 8.77%
  • No, I'm not really interested...

10 3.51%
  • No Way. It's a stupid idea.

10 3.51%
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Pokédex 3D Discussion Thread & Image Gallery

Impressions of Pokédex 3D from various news outlets such as GameXplain have started to come out and have elaborated a bit more into the Augmented Reality part of the game. In this bit, you use a special card, apparently different to the standard Augmented Reality cards shipped with the system, to bring the Pokémon into the real life setting. The Pokémon tend to stay stationary but activate attacks if you press the A button to throw an apple at them. You can also overlay various in-built backgrounds for the photographs. We'll bring more as it comes

http://www.gamexplain.com/article-44...-hands-on.html

Bit worrying that you NEED these AR markers for it...

Great. Thanks nintendo. I'm determened to get everything pokemon related over the DS series so what do they do? Put out this. I better get saving for a 3DS as I really want this...

^overworlds made by me^

I'm a trifle annoyed that us in Europe have to wait a day [i.e. not be part of the E3 right-now-factor celebrations] for the eShop and this, but at least the 3DS QR codes are shareable and will allow a great number of us to get that specific pokemon entry [unlike these AR 'markers'].

Quote Originally Posted by pokegirlforever View Post
    Great. Thanks nintendo. I'm determened to get everything pokemon related over the DS series so what do they do?
    Certainly you were aware that Pokémon of some sort on Nintendo's newest handheld pillar was the very definition of inevitable, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    I'm a trifle annoyed that us in Europe have to wait a day.
    Given the time difference - London, for example, is a full 8 hours ahead of North American Pacific time, where NoA's offices are located - the "difference" likely won't be more than six hours or so at most.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Given the time difference - London, for example, is a full 8 hours ahead of North American Pacific time, where NoA's offices are located - the "difference" likely won't be more than six hours or so at most.
    I hope so man! As I'll be watching Nintendo's E3 conference around 5pm [UK time], so it would be nice to be able to near-enough have that 'right now' same day factor along with the Americas on the 3DS update front.

Well, I would like to get the game. But I don't have a 3DS so that's not going to b an option. Hopefully it will be cheaper within a couple of years and i'll be able to get one then. I wonder, does this game offer any special downloads or special pokemon for B/W? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

My main question about this game, can you use 2 of the cards and make 2 pokemon be on screen at once? I am assuming no tbh but it would be really cool if it was yes
    So, I've been away quite a long while, but hey, I feel like I can change that, thanks to Pokemon Y .

Current Shiny Hunt: Chespin (241 eggs)

Completed Shiny hunts: Staryu (18 eggs)
    Noibat (72 eggs)
    Ralts (8 eggs <3)

[IMG]http://i27.*******.com/m9obo5.jpg[/IMG]
    cyndaquil,chickorita chao and totodile chao from team brushfire

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Bit worrying that you NEED these AR markers for it...
    Whats worrying? Isn't that how ALL the AR works? Just theorizing here: But wouldn't the 3DS be using the card to get a gauge on the perspective/surface? Otherwise, it wouldn't know where to place the character/object/whatever.

That said...how long do you guys think it will be before we get AR pokemon battles? Oh man. This could be the precursor to the yu-gi-oh holigraphic card battles! :P
    Okay, well, maybe not. But still, the AR stuff is looking real interesting to me, in terms of where it could go.

I know it's little more than a fancy pokedex you fill without having the rest of the game, but it looks like it'd be fun to play with, and it's FREE... since when is pokemon anything free? That alone make me quite happy.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    I'm a trifle annoyed that us in Europe have to wait a day [i.e. not be part of the E3 right-now-factor celebrations] for the eShop and this, but at least the 3DS QR codes are shareable and will allow a great number of us to get that specific pokemon entry [unlike these AR 'markers'].
    Actually, we don't. We will get it the same minute. It's just that it'll be 18:00 in west coast US but 2am for us

nice i can't wait to get this on the 3ds when i get one do we know if you can see meloetta,keldeo and genosect
    the friend code of the evil being (who ironically never played pokemon XD) is 2237-6278-7282

I am the one and only I am feared through out the land of johto no one can stop me not even I am why never survived the 2nd generation. I am ultimate I am power

Quote Originally Posted by the black lugia View Post
    nice i can't wait to get this on the 3ds when i get one do we know if you can see meloetta,keldeo and genosect
    No. Those Pokémon haven't been revealed yet

Officially. Also, as Serebii mentioned, there's a new article on it:http://www.gamexplain.com/article-44...-hands-on.html
    Claims: Mario, The Big Bang Theory, Victini

Unless Pikachu manages to somehow get a small cameo, will this be the first Pokémon game without Pikachu?

Help me hatch 'em all!
    Join the Serebii Mario Kart 7 Community!
    42-3526-7253-4749

is it free?

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Claims: Mario, The Big Bang Theory, Victini

Wait, wait, wait. So how and where do we get these special cards to bring out the pokemon. And YAY we can have more then one out at once.
    So, I've been away quite a long while, but hey, I feel like I can change that, thanks to Pokemon Y .

Noibat (72 eggs)
    Ralts (8 eggs <3)

Quote Originally Posted by sasukeanditachi View Post
    Wait, wait, wait. So how and where do we get these special cards to bring out the pokemon. And YAY we can have more then one out at once.
    You will most likely have to print them out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rentaline99 View Post
    You will most likely have to print them out yourself.
    ^ I sure hope so. And with that the case, I'll be sure to blow those images up for life-sized pokemon. XD

PM me when you add me so, I could add you back. ^.^
    Pokemon Black: Name - Paul FC - 1549-5068-1231
    Dream SN: loloshawut
    3DS FC: 1160-9721-3508
    BW Pokedex Status: 646/649
    Pokedex 3D Status: 155/168

Quote Originally Posted by paulfalcon View Post
    ^ I sure hope so. And with that the case, I'll be sure to blow those images up for life-sized pokemon. XD
    That's my plan, too. Hopefully they add the National Dex in the future so I can put a Mudkip in some Mudkip, dawg.

It's a freebie, so I can't complain The Argumented Reality models really remind me of the PSP game Invizimals. I wonder if Pokemon will react when you poke them with your finger like in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rentaline99 View Post
    That's my plan, too. Hopefully they add the National Dex in the future so I can put a Mudkip in some Mudkip, dawg.
    My guess is that they'll be releasing updates for the different regions. You would have the Kanto update, the Johto update, the Hoenn update, and the Sinnoh update. In the end, it would be a National Dex. I'm not sure if these would be free, or you would have to pay in either Play Coins for e-Shop points.

Quote Originally Posted by TehLulzMastur View Post
    My guess is that they'll be releasing updates for the different regions. You would have the Kanto update, the Johto update, the Hoenn update, and the Sinnoh update. In the end, it would be a National Dex. I'm not sure if these would be free, or you would have to pay in either Play Coins for e-Shop points.
    That's how I've thought about it too [as the Excitebike demo is only free for awhile, and I doubt they'd made 600+ pokemon models for free]. Hopefully it'll be in Play Coins, or if not, an option of that or Nintendo Points [groans].

Quote Originally Posted by freekhenstra View Post
    Unless Pikachu manages to somehow get a small cameo, will this be the first Pokémon game without Pikachu?
    Black and White say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Actually, we don't. We will get it the same minute. It's just that it'll be 18:00 in west coast US but 2am for us
    Ah okay. That's coolio, thanks dude.

Those darn time zones!

Just about a day left for us [now] then.

New info, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wix from 3DSForums
    Visit Nintendo eShop to access the 3D Pokédex 7 June!
    Pokemon Black Version and Pokémon White Version which was launched in Europe earlier this year for the Nintendo DS introduced over 150 new Pokémon. Now for the first time ever, these Pokémon can be enjoyed in full 3D, thanks to the Nintendo 3DS.

When Pokédex 3D launches across Europe on June 7 via the eShop, you will be able to complete your Pokédex with the help of Nintendo 3DS spot-pass feature and your friends. See Pokémon pictures in 3D and use the Augmented Reality markers to see them come to live in reality and take 3D images of them.

Pokédex 3D lets you gather information about all the new Pokemon in Pokemon Black Version and Pokémon White Version – even if you don’t own these titles. Pokédex 3D is the most detailed and comprehensive Pokédex so far in a video game and take the Pokémon in real life. Enjoy the experience of watching your favorite Pokémon from all angles, in various positions and in cute animations, all in full 3D.

After downloading the free 3D Pokédex to your Nintendo 3DS console from Nintendo eShop, you will receive information about the 1916 Pokémon. For more information about your favorite Pokémon, you can easily connect wirelessly to your friends, scan special Pokédex 3D AR-marks or collect information via spot pass. The spot pass feature connects your Nintendo 3DS to local hotspots and wireless broadband connection in your home, even if the console is put into Sleep Mode. The console will receive new content and updates regularly and the data of up to three new Pokémon can be collected each day.

In order to gather information about the Pokemon you need to share information with friends, connect you to the spot pass and be on the lookout for special AR-marks, and special downloads.

With 3D you will both be able to see 3D images of your favorite Pokémon and learn more about Pokemon than ever before! Search, sort and filter information on all Pokémon. Also, find information about their ability statistics, information on what level they evolve and at what level they can learn new maneuvers. It has never been so easy to learn everything about Pokémon - enjoy the feeling of becoming a Pokémon master!

Now you have the opportunity to take a picture with your favorite Pokemon. Each Pokémon in Pokédex 3D has its own individual Pokémon AR-mark - a small black and white photo that bring Pokémon to life through Augmented Reality. Place Pokémon AR-marks anywhere and see Pokémon jump into 3D. You can also place multiple Pokémon AR-brands side by side and take pictures of fully animated Pokemon together.

When using the AR Viewer, your Pokemon will be fully animated and can be enticed into performing certain actions by using special objects - some objects will have different reactions from Pokémon. Throw various objects at them to see how they react! You can also use pictures taken from your SD card to add Pokemon to your photos. Uncover the many new features while you increase your collection of Pokémon AR-marks!
    Sauce: http://www.nintendo.no/arkivet/nyheter/110603-3 (not in English)

So yeah, they'll be animated when using AR. No Statues.
    Last edited by Rentaline99; 6th June 2011 at 3:02 AM.

a)Sounds really good.
    b)Where can I print off these markers
    c)"After downloading the free 3D Pokédex to your Nintendo 3DS console from Nintendo eShop, you will receive information about the 1916 Pokémon" Watt?
    D)@The Pika not being in black and white, there is a trainer that has one named gesundheit in one of the pokemon centers.

Noibat (72 eggs)
    Ralts (8 eggs <3)

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast