Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 319

Thread: Pokemon Adventures volume 39

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    When she battles Palmer, I wonder which team he'll use. He has Cresselia so I wonder what team he has. Dia has Regigigas, and Team Galactic is hunting Heatran with Charon. Well she won't battle him for awhile but at least we'll see Dahlia, Argenta, and Thorton. Didn't Argenta have a Dragonite in the serebi summary? So maybe Palmer won't have one.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,372

    Default

    Charon already gets Heatran in this volume.

    And don't forget about Darkrai...

    Hmmm..

    The good guys have two legendaries (maybe five if the lake trio comes back...)

    Sird's fraction has one legendary.

    Charon's side has one legendary also...

    That's three sides (or two if the Sird = Charon's daughter theory comes true..)

    Also, it's 8:32 PM here in New York; Japan is exactly thirteen hours ahead of me.

    Therefore, it's 9:32 Am in Japan right now.

    Therefore, it's Friday in Japan. Therefore, only six days left till this volume is released.

    THEREFORE......................................... ...........................I got nothing...

    Well, the wait is painful....
    Last edited by lolipiece; 22nd July 2011 at 2:34 AM.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Oh does Charon already have Heatran? My bad. I keep forgetting about Sird mainly because she rarely shows up, but I would assume she's on Team Galactic sides meaning Charon's side. I wonder if Dia will name Regigigas? I can't wait for this volume
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,372

    Default

    I doubt they would be on his side.

    Anyone who's played the games and read DPA knows what Charon's goals are: Money.

    He took TG over to gain money...

    And the Commanders weren't happy about that...

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    They were on his side for a time. At least Mars and Jupiter were until they got sick of him since he was no fun. I wonder what Saturn's role will be since at this point he has quit Galactic all together and is rebuilding at Veilstone City.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Srakaland
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    I got a totally CRAZY idea.

    In Volume 39 there's gonna be a character popularity voting card inserted.

    How about using those cards as request for some omitted character to appear (myself, I'd vote Buena) instead of voting favorite character? Of course choose only characters which could have chance to appear in HGSS or Platinum Saga (this is, Johto, Kanto and Sinnoh characters).

    Come on, in previous voting some people voted even for the guy who yelled "Somebody Help!" during the Indigo Plateau attack in Volume 13. How is this less crazy?

    Of course, I can't do it myself. And I know that everyone who's spent his money on the book has the right to do what he wants with his voting card. So, I won't be surprised if no one does it.

    Also, it requires Japanese-writing abilities.
    Last edited by Maxim; 25th July 2011 at 3:04 PM.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

    And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I got a totally CRAZY idea.

    In Volume 39 there's gonna be a character popularity voting card inserted.

    How about using those cards as request for some omitted character to appear (myself, I'd vote Buena) instead of voting favorite character? Of course choose only characters which could have chance to appear in HGSS or Platinum Saga (this is, Johto, Kanto and Sinnoh characters).

    Come on, in previous voting some people voted even for the guy who yelled "Somebody Help!" during the Indigo Plateau attack in Volume 13. How is this less crazy?

    Of course, I can't do it myself. And I know that everyone who's spent his money on the book has the right to do what he wants with his voting card. So, I won't be surprised if no one does it.

    Also, it requires Japanese-writing abilities.
    In the first voting,

    even some people vote for Kusaka(Electrode) and Yamamoto(Swalot)

  8. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    That's three sides (or two if the Sird = Charon's daughter theory comes true..)
    Not necessarily. Neither of them hold loyalties all that well, and even if it is true that doesn't mean they're automatically on the same side.

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    They were on his side for a time. At least Mars and Jupiter were until they got sick of him since he was no fun. I wonder what Saturn's role will be since at this point he has quit Galactic all together and is rebuilding at Veilstone City.
    Mars and Jupiter went along with it because he had declared himself leader, not because they had any interest in what he was doing. And Saturn never quit. He's the leader by default, being the highest ranking person remaining in the headquarters, and talks about how what to do with the team rests with him. But from that we can glean that he still considers himself a Galactic.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

  9. #134
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    248

    Default

    According to Kusaka's Twitter and my poor translation, the popularity poll winner is going to get their own story, probably a short extra round. I don't know if it's manga or anything else or if Yamamoto is going to take part in it since he hasn't tweeted about it. Also に新作読 means something non-serialised or complete-novel. So it will probably not be in the magazine but an extra in a volume.

    This is what Kusaka has been tweeting for a few days:
    「ポケットモンスターSPECIAL」最新単行本39巻、7・28発売です!累計1000万部突破記念企画 「全キャラクター人気投票」開始! コミックスの帯についてる「投票券」でぜひご参加を!開票後は1位になったキャラを主役に新作読みきり執筆も!! 主役は誰だ!? 決めるのはキミだ~っ!
    In the bold part Kusaka says he's going to write a new story about the #1 character. The last questions are: "Who's the protagonist!? The choice is yours!" This really makes me want to take part in the voting!

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hellsing mansion.
    Posts
    1,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReiZerou View Post
    According to Kusaka's Twitter and my poor translation, the popularity poll winner is going to get their own story, probably a short extra round. I don't know if it's manga or anything else or if Yamamoto is going to take part in it since he hasn't tweeted about it. Also に新作読 means something non-serialised or complete-novel. So it will probably not be in the magazine but an extra in a volume.

    This is what Kusaka has been tweeting for a few days:


    In the bold part Kusaka says he's going to write a new story about the #1 character. The last questions are: "Who's the protagonist!? The choice is yours!" This really makes me want to take part in the voting!
    You mean the number one protagonist between all the Dex Holders? To me it would be Ruby or Gold.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kariris View Post
    You mean the number one protagonist between all the Dex Holders? To me it would be Ruby or Gold.
    No. The protagonist of the story that will get written depending on the winner.

  12. #137

    Default

    Wow hearing about "a new story" makes me think of a new saga or something. But chances are it's probably going to be just an extra chapter or 2 around the main character. MAYBE a volume at most, I'm not sure.

    This isn't a realistic case, but I'd like Wally to win this. Knowing he got written out of the manga originally, I think it would be interesting if he made a comeback.

    Though realistically, I think the winner would have to be a very well known and loved protagonist. Such as Red, Gold, and maybe Ruby. Red and Gold will probably be the end result though.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Here's hoping for it to be Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, just to spite Viz for skipping their arcs!

    In all seriousness, I actually am hoping for Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, or Wally, just because I loved reading the summaries of those arcs and it's been a while since we've seen them last. Their characters were well developed, from what I could tell (though I'd probably have a more definitive opinion if I could read the actual manga instead of the summaries).

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA (how vague can you get?)
    Posts
    4,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon_Special_Fan View Post
    MAYBE a volume at most, I'm not sure.
    I doubt it, since they're busy with the Platinum arc, the Hg/Ss one, and the B/W one. But hopefully it won't be a 15 page chapter either...
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

    My Current HeartGold Team:

    If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

    STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

  15. #140

    Default

    Is it going to be open voting or from a preselected list? Because if it's open I sort of want to vote for Maxie or Pryce just to watch how the hell they'd manage that.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Is it going to be open voting or from a preselected list? Because if it's open I sort of want to vote for Maxie or Pryce just to watch how the hell they'd manage that.
    Chances are they'd do a flashback/backstory of the character if one who they obviously can't have continuing stories for was selected.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,372

    Default

    *It's Tuesday in Japan right now, 8:25 AM*

    OnlytwodaysleftOnlytwodaysleftOnlytwodaysleftOnlyt wodaysleftOnlytwodaysleftOnlytwodaysleft...

    I would love a Sird backstory.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Truthfully I don't really care who wins the popularity thing. The Kanto through Hoenn characters are the most popular, The Sinnoh ones are average and the Unova characters are still too new, so it will either be Red, Green, Blue, Gold, Ruby, or Sapphire who wins.

    I care more about the volume itself! I can't wait to see what's going to be in it, even if the summaries are mostly on Serebi already.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  19. #144
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Steven Stone's Villa<3 ~
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Normally I wouldn't care who'd win, but if the winner gets their own story then I hope the winner will be a Hoenn or Kanto Dexholder. We haven't seen either group in a long time so it'd be nice to get to see them again, especially if it means we'd get to see (at least) one of the Kanto Dexholders older. :P (if one of them ended up winning, that is) Plus I love the Hoenn Dexholders, and love some of the Kanto Dexholders too. (and even the ones I don't love I at least like)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    How about using those cards as request for some omitted character to appear (myself, I'd vote Buena) instead of voting favorite character? Of course choose only characters which could have chance to appear in HGSS or Platinum Saga (this is, Johto, Kanto and Sinnoh characters).

    Come on, in previous voting some people voted even for the guy who yelled "Somebody Help!" during the Indigo Plateau attack in Volume 13. How is this less crazy?

    Of course, I can't do it myself. And I know that everyone who's spent his money on the book has the right to do what he wants with his voting card. So, I won't be surprised if no one does it.

    Also, it requires Japanese-writing abilities.
    It's not per say a bad idea, but I don't know how much of a difference voting for omitted characters would make.

    Also, this would be something better asked on a Japanese forum, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon_Special_Fan View Post
    Knowing he got written out of the manga originally, I think it would be interesting if he made a comeback.
    I wouldn't exactly say he got written out since there's still a chance he might appear again (possible RS remakes/remake arc anyone?) and he was still mentioned time to time. (wasn't he mentioned in the Emerald arc?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon_Special_Fan View Post
    Though realistically, I think the winner would have to be a very well known and loved protagonist. Such as Red, Gold, and maybe Ruby. Red and Gold will probably be the end result though.
    Well on the last character poll (which happened around the beginning of the Emerald arc) Red was the winner, with Yellow in second place and Ruby in third. Here's a link for those curious: http://netkun.com/pockemon/popularity/popularity.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Is it going to be open voting or from a preselected list? Because if it's open I sort of want to vote for Maxie or Pryce just to watch how the hell they'd manage that.
    That's what I was wondering. And that's such a mischievous yet wonderful idea. XD Although like Ememew said, chances are they'd just do a flashback/backstory thing for characters like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    I would love a Sird backstory.
    I would too. :3

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    The Sinnoh ones are average and the Unova characters are still too new, so it will either be Red, Green, Blue, Gold, Ruby, or Sapphire who wins.
    I dunno, I could possibly see Dia winning (or doing well) for some reason. 8D Oh, and you forgot to include Yellow, Crystal and Emerald in your Kanto through Hoenn list. (unless you intentionally left them out)

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I care more about the volume itself! I can't wait to see what's going to be in it, even if the summaries are mostly on Serebi already.
    Honestly I'm excited for both. 8D While I do care more about the volume itself (for the most part), I'm also excited to see the character poll too just to see how newer characters are doing and how ranks have changed since the last one. Plus I'm curious about who the winner will be since we'll get a bonus story starring them. In other words I'm excited for everything we'll get in volume 39. xD;
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

    So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

    ~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    Normally I wouldn't care who'd win, but if the winner gets their own story then I hope the winner will be a Hoenn or Kanto Dexholder. We haven't seen either group in a long time so it'd be nice to get to see them again, especially if it means we'd get to see (at least) one of the Kanto Dexholders older. :P (if one of them ended up winning, that is) Plus I love the Hoenn Dexholders, and love some of the Kanto Dexholders too. (and even the ones I don't love I at least like)


    It's not per say a bad idea, but I don't know how much of a difference voting for omitted characters would make.

    Also, this would be something better asked on a Japanese forum, lol.


    I wouldn't exactly say he got written out since there's still a chance he might appear again (possible RS remakes/remake arc anyone?) and he was still mentioned time to time. (wasn't he mentioned in the Emerald arc?)


    Well on the last character poll (which happened around the beginning of the Emerald arc) Red was the winner, with Yellow in second place and Ruby in third. Here's a link for those curious: http://netkun.com/pockemon/popularity/popularity.html


    That's what I was wondering. And that's such a mischievous yet wonderful idea. XD Although like Ememew said, chances are they'd just do a flashback/backstory thing for characters like that.


    I would too. :3


    I dunno, I could possibly see Dia winning (or doing well) for some reason. 8D Oh, and you forgot to include Yellow, Crystal and Emerald in your Kanto through Hoenn list. (unless you intentionally left them out)


    Honestly I'm excited for both. 8D While I do care more about the volume itself (for the most part), I'm also excited to see the character poll too just to see how newer characters are doing and how ranks have changed since the last one. Plus I'm curious about who the winner will be since we'll get a bonus story starring them. In other words I'm excited for everything we'll get in volume 39. xD;
    Yeah I purposely left out Crystal, Yellow, and Emerald, mainly because among the original ten they seem to be lower then the one's I named. But when you put it like that I suppose it is interesting to see where the new characters rank. I doubt any of the Sinnoh Dexholders will top any of the original 10, minus poor Emerald. I hope someone from GSC or even RBY wins. No offense to RS but didn't they win something else leading to the relaunch of their volumes or something like that? I just wouldn't want them to win all the time. The GSC arc was just as good.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    Well on the last character poll (which happened around the beginning of the Emerald arc) Red was the winner, with Yellow in second place and Ruby in third. Here's a link for those curious: http://netkun.com/pockemon/popularity/popularity.html

    Thanks you to hunt out this website......nice job.

    I thought that the top ten will change once more, since Emerald(appear enough time) and Sinnoh trio joineds.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,372

    Default

    Ahem. Amazon Japan has updated with the full sized cover for this volume. However...it looks...different. Also, I can confirm that there is another Rotom on this, Frost Rotom.



    If you look closely, you can see Diamond's leg, jacket, and backpack behind Platinum. That confirms that this will be able to be connected with the next volume.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 26th July 2011 at 6:03 AM.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Ahem. Amazon Japan has updated with the full sized cover for this volume. However...it looks...different. Also, I can confirm that there is another Rotom on this, Frost Rotom.



    If you look closely, you can see Diamond's leg, jacket, and backpack behind Platinum. That confirms that this will be able to be connected with the next volume.
    Thanks for the post! It looks a lot different than from netkun. I like how it was (the background) before though....hmm...oh well. With what you mentioned I'm starting to think volume 40 will continue from that picture from where it was cut off like how volume 21-22 was.
    .:No Longer on Serebiiforums/.net:.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Srakaland
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    The background looks much duller now.

    But that doesn't matter. I'm looking forward news about this volume and, of course, the back cover art!
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

    And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

  25. #150

    Default

    Oh golly that Shaymin looks hilarious (not just the pose, but the eyes are all wrong!). Also that Rotom still looks shiny to me--it's all red instead of orange.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •