Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Catch A Roggenrola! (696)

I thought this was a good episode. Ash got a new pokemon and Team Rocket was a bit more mature than they have been but they still blasted off ^_^. Also it felt like a bit more like the old pokemon and i loved Ash eating the pie then Roggenrola falling onto the table and stealing the pie. And we get to see Tepig again I havent seen the guy for a few episodes. i would like to see Snivy again I havent seen her for a while either

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccag View Post
    I thought this was a good episode. Ash got a new pokemon and Team Rocket was a bit more mature than they have been but they still blasted off ^_^.
    I was SO glad to get evil Team Rocket back. Considering that they haven't appeared for, like, five episodes, I almost forgot about JJ&M.

Here, they were almost Team-Galactic-Evil. I was really shocked at what they did to those poor Roggenrola...

Yet another great episode of the Unova saga. I swear, BW is a HUGE improvement from AG and DP.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Decent episode. Bad Team Rocket using Roggenrola for their own business. Good to see Ash caught a Roggenrola, a Rock-type Pokemon.

Roggenrola is a very interesting Pokemon, I admit. I'm still trying to wonder when Team Plasma is going to show up because TR makes it look like they're a legend that's not true...

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    I was SO glad to get evil Team Rocket back. Considering that they haven't appeared for, like, five episodes, I almost forgot about JJ&M.
    You mean you didn't say a thing when they were evil 600 episodes back?

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    Their constant referral about taking over Unova in every episode they appear in is annoying too, as the viewers aren’t morons, but over all I’m happy..
    Yeah I've found that too. Whenever they jetpack away, their conversations are so repetitive. Every time they jet pack away, they always say something on the lines of "Oh damn, we failed. But we will take over the Unova Region...IN THE NAME OF DA BOSS!"

But I'm not sure if the repetition is the dubs fault, or it's like that in the Japanese version. Could someone tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    But I'm not sure if the repetition is the dubs fault, or it's like that in the Japanese version. Could someone tell me?
    It's in the Japanese version too.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

"My beautiful fresh and fruity creation has been ruined by DESTRUCTION TIME!"

I swear how Jason said that just made my day.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Quote Originally Posted by CupidKirby View Post

Is it safe to assume Cilan and his "It's....Time" has become an internet meme? XD

I like Roggenrola's dub voice. Not really what I expected but it sounded nice to me.

The character of the day didn't sound too bad either, still didn't pay much attention to him though.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode as much as the Japanese version.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I liked Team Rocket's idea of using the Roggenrola as a source of energy and I was amazed that the roggenrola that Ash caught later in the episode stopped combined flash cannon of about a dozen Roggenrola. That was pretty insane

To begin, was it just me or did roggenrola sound like it was falling down a well sometimes when it spoke? Roggenrolaaaaaa

For the episode, I really enjoyed it. I thought it flowed well and I welcome the inclusion of team rocket. Speaking of team rocket, I thought their 'plan' was well thought out by using the roggenrola's energy core to produce a powerful beam. Actually, the only thing I can think of that caused the roggenrola to stop that beam is that it got a special attack boost from using flash cannon previously. Also, unlike some others, when the explosion occured I was chanting 'Please blast off, Please blast off' but alas I was disappointed.

Finally, the battles. I thought the first one was well thought out especially roggenrola using an object to deflect oshawott's water gun and this set tepig's heroics up well. The second battle was a generic capture battle but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. On a final note, roggenrola is already well developed battlewise with sandstorm, stone edge and flash cannon so for development we may see just an evolution and some personality development.

Good episode
    Last edited by Orton155; 26th September 2011 at 9:25 PM.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I liked the entrance excadrill got in this episode pansage not so much
    .................................................. ......................

Quote Originally Posted by CupidKirby View Post

HAHA!!! I agree that scene was the best part of the episode! XD

Uh, to be honest guys I wasn't really feeling the name 'Roggenrola' when I first heard it. It's like they just took the quote, "Rock n' Roll" and put an 'a' at the end to make it sound like a name. Heehee Rock type = Roggenrola?! I love the pun they put there! xD

and another thing, was it a good idea for Ash to use pokabu again after it just got healed up from the pokemon center?! I know this is an anime, but I'm just curious :P

just one more thing, I promise! Does anybody miss the old team rocket motto? or maybe it's just me and haven't gotten used to the new motto yet? xP
    Credit to Skyomi :PYou rock, xxGlassRose!

With special thanks and credit to Pokefan#493! ^_^ I believe in Jesus Christ.

i alway watch the jap. before the english i like the japenese voices better. but it is still a decent episode

FC:1891-1694-6992

ash already had too many unova pokemon i dont think he would need rogenrola

It was nice seeing Ash actually try and catch the Roggenrola the first time not knowing that it wanted their help that felt real, as opposed to past episodes where they'd just go and help the Pokemon. Also enjoyed seeing an actual practical machine used by TR.

Well grats to Ash for getting a Roggenrola that puts his Unova Pokemon at 8, I just hope the writer's actually have Ash use them more than once, infact I wouldn't mind seeing a team comprised of Pokemon he caught after his sixth.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Tykira View Post
    and another thing, was it a good idea for Ash to use pokabu again after it just got healed up from the pokemon center?! I know this is an anime, but I'm just curious :P
    There are just so many of those random moments where the Pokemon he sends out wouldn't make much difference, and he usually goes with Pokabu.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

To be totally honest, this wasn't the most exciting episode for me. Although I am late to watch the whole episode, because I'm too busy to watch my shows on my DVR.

On the positive side, Roggenola is a pretty cool Pokemon in the anime. Plus, it's cool that Ash got one in the end. That makes 8 Unova Pokemon for him so far! (Not counting Pikachu).

I'm also excited for what the writers have planned for all the Pokemon that Ash has caught for the series so far. The rotating of them is a neat adaption, and it's keeping the show more active than having just 6.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I love the way Tepig start when using flame charge. I bet he can do stomp good, if a Tepig learns the move.

I watched this episode last night for the first time, actually. I like Roggenrola, and look forward to it being around more. There were a few things in this episode that made me laugh, actually. Mostly Cilan and how he acts with food, haha.

Default Bad word

i heard that in the english dub of this episode that there was 1 mild bad word for the 1st time they actually cussed what was exactly said hell damn or what?
    because i don't even remember

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatetrainer4000 View Post
    i heard that in the english dub of this episode that there was 1 mild bad word for the 1st time they actually cussed what was exactly said hell damn or what?
    because i don't even remember
    This is a kids show.

Nothing like that is going to happen.

i know but according to comment's on Youtube someone posted that there was a swear word

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatetrainer4000 View Post
    i know but according to comment's on Youtube someone posted that there was a swear word
    And who on earth taught you to trust what someone said in a comment on Youtube?
    {Insert signature here}

Roggenrola's voice really surprised me, at first I thought it was a girl doing its voice but it turned out to be Tom Wayland.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast