Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Catch A Roggenrola! (696)

i hope ask catches it. he doesnt have a rock type yet. it would be sooo cool
    CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Why must Ash make a bond with every pokemon he catches?! He never did with Pidgeotto,Krabby,Corphish,Aipom or Noctowl. Quit being a Jessie and get over it
    he did with aipom and corphish
    .................................................. ......................

Good that Ash has Roggenrola... would be smashing if it ever evolved into Gigalith...

does he catch the roggenrola?

Founder Of TOTW
    War record 9/0/0
    Smogon rank 1345 (peak)
    8/8 OSL Basges
    Unbeaten on wifi
    But does it really matter.......

Quote Originally Posted by acetrainerdov View Post
    Can't you read the post direclty above yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Not like that was any less spammy.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I dislike that they made it out to be really strong as well. I dislike when they do that because Ash goes out of his way to capture these tough Pokemon, yet when he actually uses them in battle, they totally suck.
    In what way does Roggenrola suck? Besides, he hasn't even used it in a battle yet.

ON TOPIC: It's good that Ash captured Roggenrola'. I hope it becomes Gigalith soon. Weird that Tepig was able to help Ash catch it though.......

:sigh: I can't wait to see Roggenrola battle in a gym. I don't care what anyone says, it is a cool Pokemon.

My ideal battle ever!

I hope Roggenrola evolves into Boldore soon. ^_^

The dub title of this episode brings back that "Gotta Catch 'Em All" slogan.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Roggenrola can be a great prospect for Ash. Also I am in favour of catching more and more pokemon... There is a lot of time before the Unova League so Ash can train more than 6 pokemon comfortably

I like Roggenrola for Ash, Gigalith would be awesome in the league if it got a rivalry with Trip's Timburr

Quote Originally Posted by Munchlax66 View Post
    Can't wait for the dub version to see how many times they say "Roggenrola".
    You know, that might be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by manaphy72 View Post
    i hope ask catches it. he doesnt have a rock type yet. it would be sooo cool
    Ash does catch roggenrola don't you watch the episode in Japanesse?

Quote Originally Posted by acetrainerdov View Post
    Yes ash catches a roggenrola you should know that
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    They don't watch the episodes when they first air.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

This episode was pretty good. Nice to see a Roggenrola, though it's voice could have been better. Glad Ash caught it.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Roggenrola sounded like Double D from Ed,Edd n Eddy. So Ash has 9 pokemon and only in the first season? Woah.

It's a good episode. Roggenrola is quite a feisty Pokemon. And Ash catches it, he's catching a lot of Pokemon this season.

First off, let me say I’m a bit disappointed in the title. It’s still loads better than “Ash and Trip’s Third Battle!”, but avoiding all the easy to make Rock and Roll puns saddens me.

I think the dub is trying to redeem TR for me. As you may or may not know (look at the sig, people!), I’m not a fan of BW’s more serious TR and I’ll leave it at that. While it took a while, I think the dub writers figured out how to write Team Rocket as serious, but enjoyable villains. Only a few of TR’s scenes bored me in this episode (them explaining their plan) and the Trio seemed to have their old chemistry and showed a bit more emotion (Jessie mad at James and Meowth when the machine isn’t working, The Trio doing a small cheer before the twerps showed up). Meowth he lets loose his “Oy Vey” for what is probably the first time in BW! Granted, I still miss the puns and alliterations, but I find this to be a satisfying compromise.

Of course, they should of blasted off for real rather than use those silly jetpacks. No amount of competence should let one ignored previously established laws of anime physics. Their constant referral about taking over Unova in every episode they appear in is annoying too, as the viewers aren’t morons, but over all I’m happy.

----

On the actual episode, there is little to report. Ash (SPOILER ALERT!) catches a cool Pokémon and I hope the energetic Rogenrola is used in more future battles. Exadrill seems to have its own Pokéball seal for unknown reasons. Oshawott losing to a table was funny yet sad (Ash should of caught Cilan’s table, too). Tepig got a lot of use in this episode, so that is a good thing. Both Jessie and James call Iris annoying in this episode (they were probably upset when she described them as annoying thieves). Overall it was a good episode.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Ash does catch roggenrola don't you watch the episode in Japanesse?

Yes ash catches a roggenrola you should know that
    You know, not everybody watches the episodes in Japanese. A lot of people here just watch the dub. If they don't know that Roggenrola is caught obviously they don't watch the raw version.

That name is abysmal. Just like "Ash and Trip's Third Battle!" I miss the puns by a long shot.

Just watched the dub. The sub was better. Ash's Roggenrola was too cute in Japan. And I almost cried of anger when I heard its new voice.

But Team Rocked is still as serious as ever even in the dub, and Ash finally got his Roggenrola here in the US. So this episode gets a 5/10 in the dub. And a 7/10 when I watched it subbed.
    Help Staryu, will you?

I have claimed Houndoom.
    When you start something, finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekaku View Post
    Roggenrola sounded like Double D from Ed,Edd n Eddy. So Ash has 9 pokemon and only in the first season? Woah.
    He did for a minute but after a while it wasn't sounding like him.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    It's a good episode. Roggenrola is quite a feisty Pokemon. And Ash catches it, he's catching a lot of Pokemon this season.
    I think roggenrola is the last one he'll catch but the dub was pretty good Roggenrola's dub voice kinda bothered me for A minute but I had to laugh at some of the dub errors they had made and they did reword some phrases in this episode overall it was a good dub episode 8/10 except for the episode being called gotta catch a roggenrola I mean come on well at least its better than ash and trip's third battle.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 26th September 2011 at 4:38 AM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

@thebattleforntierash, I have to laugh at your idiotic posts. This episode aired in Japan in June. Look at when those posts asking if Roggenrola was caught were posted. Yes, you'll find they were posted in June (at least one was). Please put in a little bit of effort while composing posts, instead of just rushing ahead and making a fool of yourself.

There is a subbed version on SITE REMOVED if you wan't to watch them a week after they air in japan.

Not everyone likes the Japanese version of anime. For me I prefer the dub
    Last edited by Juputoru; 26th September 2011 at 4:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekaku View Post
    Not everyone likes the Japanese version of anime. For me I prefer the dub
    I agree if I wanted to read I would go back to school
    .................................................. ......................

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    @thebattleforntierash, I have to laugh at your idiotic posts. This episode aired in Japan in June. Look at when those posts asking if Roggenrola was caught were posted. Yes, you'll find they were posted in June (at least one was). Please put in a little bit of effort while composing posts, instead of just rushing ahead and making a fool of yourself.
    The post in question was weeks after the episode aired (The episode aired June 2nd, quoted post was in June 17th.

I'm pretty sure anyone who can go to some Pokemon website and easily find out if Ash caught something in this episode or not, instead of merely asking on here.

And if that is so difficult, reading the posts on here before posting, isn't impossible.

Granted the default is 20 posts per page, and true, you don't see anything until the 2nd page Because people won't freaking stop with the damn commentary.

But from Post 21 and on, I think it's obvious if Ash caught Roggenrola.

Not reading because you're lazy and asking a question that was likely answered before if you did research, is not a reasonable excuse. Only when there are millions of posts, and the answer was revealed on the 10th page or beyond.

And even if looking for an answer is still too hard for people, reading at least the past five posts especially in episode discussion threads, should at least be mandatory before posting. So none of the people who asked the questions of "Did Ash catch Roggenrola?", had any real right to ask them (since their question was answered 1-2 posts before theirs), regardless if they only watch the raw, sub, or dub, they came here and wanted an answer, if they want to be spoiled about whether or not Ash catches something, then spoiling the whole episode or skimming one's post shouldn't be that much of a problem.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

There is a subbed version on SITE REMOVED if you wan't to watch them a week after they air in japan.
    A lot of people don't know that, and again, lots of people just wait for the dub to air.

And Dman, I love how you can turn such a simple answer into a large, thought out post.

Compliment btw, in case you were wondering.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 26th September 2011 at 4:38 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast