Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Means to an End; Sign-Ups

Default A Means to an End; Sign-Ups

Yes, the name stinks. Sorry about that. But anyways, Mayhem is BACK and ready to GM. I've been cooking up this little baby for a while, so I hope you all enjoy!

~A Means To An End~

Rated PG-15

~The Plot~

It was a day just like any other a small suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A summer breeze carried over the baseball field, the warm sun beat down on dozens of red jerseys. A few shadows passed over the local baseball league players as puffy clouds floated above them warming up on the field. The day was perfect. Picturesque. But it wasn’t really, not if the fans would have taken the time to notice the guy running down towards the field. He was in a Hawaiian shirt, khaki shorts, looking like that typical tourist stereotype. He even had a camera flopping up and down to the rhythm of his sprint. No one would have noticed him before he reached the bottom stairs, had he not taken a flying leap much too far to be human. He landed in the middle of the field and proceeded to snap the necks of the entire team. By the time the police arrived, the man had disappeared. All that remained was his camera and a note that read “We’re here, whether you like it or not.” The note was stuck on the pitcher’s chest, where his broken neck featured a single pair of puncture marks.

Luckily for the entire social structure as we know it, the situation was covered up by the government. Witness statements were taken, but the witnesses mysteriously lost their memories after the “incident”. The local police did too and the whole East Coast was baffled. The news reported that a bomb had hit the local game, burning the bodies beyond recognition. Tabloid headlines screamed “terrorism!”, Good Morning Philadelphia reported fears that the Philadelphia Phillies or the Pittsburg Pirates would be hit next. But there was no mention of the inhuman leap, the note, or the puncture wounds.

The news traveled up to the federal government, a small local division situated in Harrisburg, PA. They were the ones who’d arrived on the scene first, the ones who covered up the entire situation from the public. Up until that very moment, the government had had no knowledge of vampires or any supernatural creature for that matter, existing at all. But it was the only logical explanation. The FBI began a search for others. It was then that they found one within their own ranks. A young vampire had been working for them when she heard the news. And she broke the secrecy, the silence between the supernatural and human communities. It was with this new information that the government opened their own secret division to fight this new terrorist group. They would be known as the Supernatural Response Agency, or SRA. The attacks were not resumed, but the SRA was kept in. They wanted to be prepared for next time, just in case.

Five years later, in the year 2011, the focus of the SRA has been taken off of that terrorist group. The focus of the group now? Just plain old crime. They’ve been using their more interesting skills to investigate and solve crimes, pretending to be an off-branch of the FBI when questioned. Their department has been kept secret from even the other agencies. But all of that is about to change.

The terrorist from five years ago, has left a message for the SRA. Pinned to a dead body of one of their own, a fairy who met an unfortunate end, was a note:

Hello there comrades,

As you may know, five years ago, I destroyed a local baseball team who called themselves, “The Little Suburb Phillies”. You covered up my actions, thus ruining my plans. How sad. I planned to expose us. Vampires first, since I am one, then the rest of our spectacular species. Then we could ascend to our proper place above the pathetic humans we struggle so desperately to fit in with. No more hiding. No more being destroyed when people find out what you are. Because we will rule. But you stopped me. Oh, of course I could have just kept going until someone caught the thing on camera, but I decided for a more interesting course. This time, I’m going to give you warning.

You have one month. One month until I expose us all on a live television show. Will it be a talk show? Sporting event? News expose? I’m not giving you any hints. You’re the investigators. Find me. Try to stop me. I’m doing this for us.

~ The Blood Bandit

The supernatural community has been alerted. A decision on whether or not they will... come out of the closet, so to speak, is pending. The coming out would be non-violent and featured on several popular and nationally aired talk shows. Many are joining Blood Bandit’s cause, but no one is sure how they are reaching him, or perhaps (hint hint) how he is reaching them. The deadline is putting pressure on everyone, both supernatural and the few humans that are lucky enough to know about the supernatural community, most of whom work for the government. You have one month. Do you stop Blood Bandit, or do you join his crew? Do you want the supes to “come out” or do you like the way your secretive life has been? And the major question burning in everyone’s mind is this: Who is the Blood Bandit? Is he really in charge of this, or is he simply a means to an end?

~The Factions~

The supernatural community is a community currently divided. Most supernaturals refer to themselves as “supes” and call humans “muggles”, taking a page out of the Harry Potter vocabulary. But that’s where the similarities end.

Spoiler:- Factions!:

~The Lingo~
    I’ve used a lot of lingo so far, so here’s a list for you:
        Spoiler:- Lingo:

~Playable Species:

Here’s where I’m going to be lenient. You can be pretty much anything you want, but my one rule involving species is this: I want each species to match. I don’t want five different types of werewolves running around out there. So here’s how this is going to work. The first person to “invent” a species, aka use the species, will be the guidelines that anyone else wishing to play that species must follow. I will post a summary of each type of species that has been used here. If your species hasn’t been used yet, don’t fret! Just write it up anyways, and I’ll add it to the list.

NOTE! The species list is now located here due to the fact that between the plot and the list, I went over the number of words/characters/whatever to be used in one post. So now, that post contains the list.

~Recap~
    So basically, supernatural species have always walked among humans. After a close-call of exposure five years prior, a special agency was created by the government called Supernatural Response Agency (SRA). They peacefully investigated crime for five years, until the Blood Bandit, the leader of the Bandits, left a threatening note giving the entire supernatural community one month to find him before he exposes magic and the supes to humans. The SRA is working to find the Bandits, the Bandits are working to stop the SRA from finding them so they can achieve their goal of ruling over humans once they come out in a month. A few freelancers have jumped in on either side. They all have one month before the sh!t hits the fan.

~Rules~

Well, we can’t go on without laying down some ground-rules.

1. All forum rules, of course.
    2. This RPG is rated PG-15, so blood, gore, and mild swearing will be allowed. Romance too, but please keep that PG.
    3. Under no circumstances should your character reveal the existence of supes. I have plans for that and I will eat your character if you do that!
    4. Multiples of any species is allowed, though I’d prefer we don’t have fifteen werewolves running around.
    5. Reserves will last for one week and one week only! I’m not waiting around forever for you.
    6. I (or a co-gm) will control the heads of each faction along with my own character and THE TIME STREAM (this is very important due to the time constraint the players are under).
    7. No ridiculous made-up species or powers. I appreciate your creativity, but I don’t want “immortal gryphon/angel man who can’t die like ever”.
    8. Two characters per person are now allowed!
    9. If your character is going to be working on a team (either in the agency or in the bandits), I will assign you to a team. You can request an agent/bandit for your team if you so wish.
    10. Have fun!

Pokefan0234 is now the co-Gm! Hooray! So she may pop up to accept/deny people every now and then.

~The sign-up form~

Name: Anything within reason.

Age: Any and all ages are allowed, feel free to go crazy on this one.

Species: Supe/Human. If supe, please tell me exactly which species you’ll be playing.

Faction and Job: SRA (gov’t)/Bandit/Freelancer. Also, what position does your character hold within their respective group?

Appearance: What does your character look like? Your character doesn’t necessarily need to look human, but remember, no one knows that they exist, so if you look inhuman, I recommend a hat, cloaking spell, or whatever you wish to cover that up. Go into detail! Two paragraph, please.

Personality:
    How does your character act? Two paragraphs again, please.

History: What’s happened to you so far? I’m not a huge stickler on long histories, but I’d like to get a paragraph or two at the least.

Powers: Here’s where you should elaborate about your species. I want their powers, their strengths, their weaknesses. If your species is hand-created, please feel free to elaborate as much as you want. If human, just list any special skills or weapons they possess.

Other: Anything else I should know?

~My Sign-Up~
        Spoiler:- This is mad long.:

~Accepted People~

Reserves:
    *NOTE: All reserves are now until and only until July 24th!*
    Ethe
    aggiegwyn (second character, SRA Special Agent)

Supernatural Response Team: (will only be accepting medical examiners/forensic scientists, as both teams are now full)
    Lucienne Bellefleur (Vampire, Supervisory Agent)--> Musical Mayhem
    Penelope Gallen (Human, Special Agent)--> treespyro
    Vincent "Merlin" Estrel (Witch, Special Agent)-->Kiruria
    Cain Orlowe, etc. etc. (Contractor, Probationary Agent)-> Niihyl

Kitt Morrison (werecat, Supervisory Agent)-> Musical Mayhem
    Lester Putzkanner (Goblin, Special Agent)--> Universe Chaser
    Katommo "Tom" (Triclops, Special Agent)--> aggiegwyn
    Edwin "Lupin" Tasselbury (Human, Probationary Agent) -> Kiruria

Blood Bandits:
    Scer (Shade, Messenger)--> Pokefan0234
    leaf vesselius (Woodland Elf, Assassin)--> lawmaster
    Aroma Robinson (Witch, Assassin) --> aggiegwyn
    Lucas white (Akhlut, Assassin)-->lawmaster

Freelancers:
    Lost (Fleshing)--> Niihyl
    Desmond Walsh (Witch)--> ironknight42
    Todd Richards (Human name), Kuvaler (Merman name) (Merperson)--> YDT
    Flum (Jorculine)-->Pokefan0234

So, feel free to ask questions and just have fun. I will try to be prompt in getting back on sign-ups and such. Merci.
    Last edited by Musical Mayhem; 24th July 2011 at 6:04 AM.
    It is terrifying, and paralyzing, as the strands of sound disintegrate ... in ceasing, we lose it all. But in letting go, we have gained everything. – Leonard Bernstein

Current Writing/RPG Projects:
    A Means To An End, Sign-Ups <- A supernatural federal agency, a race against time, and a dash of mystery... what more could you want?
    Bloodyside Up <-Marching band, vampires, and an overall confused oboist. (Fic thing in progress)
    Infected<-- A futurized Hoenn and a gaggle of were-Pokemon.

Current Repertoire...
    Oboe: Telemann Concerto in F Minor/Hayden Concerto in C Major

Are Tengu (is the plural Tengus?) allowed? Are Kitsunes allowed if not?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

Tengus are allowed. I'm not sure what the plural of that is though. Kitsunes are allowed as well, so feel free to use whichever one of those you want.
    It is terrifying, and paralyzing, as the strands of sound disintegrate ... in ceasing, we lose it all. But in letting go, we have gained everything. – Leonard Bernstein

A Means To An End, Sign-Ups <- A supernatural federal agency, a race against time, and a dash of mystery... what more could you want?
    Bloodyside Up <-Marching band, vampires, and an overall confused oboist. (Fic thing in progress)

Current Repertoire...

What about Qilins/Kirins? No, not that brand of alcohol. Go search "qilin" on wikipedia.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

Interesting. I like it. As long as you can find some way to hide your Qilin in society (Some sort of human-esque form would be preferable, but you can also hide him in the mountains or something) I won't object to it.

Current Repertoire...

Do you think my character could be a special agent infiltrating the Blood Bandit's faction?-I'm mostly preferring the Assassin catagory which would fit my character best if she weren't in the government. Of course she would have a partner as well I'm guessing, either another user's character?-or just a NPC I can make up-both are preferable with me.

I know the focus has shifted from the terroist group before the second letter, but I don't think the assassinations-or the deaths they caused were not up to scrutiny to the government. Maybe the government doesn't know that the Assassins are even a faction of the terroist groups.

Anyways, just trying to figure out if this is possible.

Also, how would a human hunter fit into all of this?
    Last edited by .:Lemon Tea:.; 8th June 2011 at 6:24 AM.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2i7tjl5.png[/IMG]
    Banner credit goes to Azure Wolf =3

"Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers. "-Rainer Maria Rilke

:::My deviantart:::

Quote Originally Posted by .:Lemon Tea:.
    I know the focus has shifted from the terroist group before the second letter, but I don't think the assassinations-or the deaths they caused were not up to scrutiny to the government. Maybe the government doesn't know that the Assassins are even a faction of the terroist groups.
    Well Ms. Lemon Tea, you've hit the nail right on the head. There's quite a few things the government doesn't know (there have to be or else there'd be no mystery in this lovely RPG), such as the fact that the Blood Baron was still out there killing people. They thought he'd gone underground, not quite realizing that the assassinations were part of his group.

Quote Originally Posted by .:Lemon Tea:.
    Do you think my character could be a special agent infiltrating the Blood Bandit's faction?-I'm mostly preferring the Assassin catagory which would fit my character best if she weren't in the government. Of course she would have a partner as well I'm guessing, either another user's character?-or just a NPC I can make up-both are preferable with me.
    Of course, they could have sent someone undercover to find out where they were coming from and that lead them back to the Baron. As for the whole partner thing, I was going to wait on that until I figured out how many players we'd be having, because I didn't want everyone making up two or three players for their own teams. However, if you're going to be undercover, feel free to make your own partner unless someone else says they'd like to be undercover with you.

Also, how would a human hunter fit into all of this?
    Well, a human hunter would probably just go around trying to kill people. They don't really fit into the Baron's group, since the Baron doesn't even like witches and how close they are to human, and anyone who's gone hunter isn't allowed in the SRA. I was thinking maybe a conspiracy theorist could be a human hunter, you know someone who's found out that the government is using supes and comes up with a reason why. Really I just wanted it to be an option if someone wanted to use it.

Current Repertoire...

lemon tea you said that you might need a partner well this person got it
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

I have returned

This intrigues me. I'll reserve a spot.

White FC: 3654-1880-7019

3DS FC: 2105-8751-4059

IatosHaunted: Reserved until June 15th.

Current Repertoire...

Alright then. Sign up working is now in progress. ;3

The reason I wanted to ask about a hunter was...I was previously thinking about making a hunter-but felt that he (or she) would be too neglected from the general plotline since they're not part of the government or the terroist group exactly to fit into this whole array of espionage and detective work. Of course, I'm guessing that character would be thrown in the midst of a secret-ish war going on between the two bigger factions...But it didn't appeal to me as much.

And we'll see about the partners I guess.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2i7tjl5.png[/IMG]
    Banner credit goes to Azure Wolf =3

"Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers. "-Rainer Maria Rilke

:::My deviantart:::

Well, I think it's time that I made my reserve official. ^_^ Could I grab a spot?

-----------
    Yup, I'm a Christian.

Pokenfan0234: reserved until whatever a week from today is! Also, Pokefan has taken the co-gm spot!

And another note, I will be going away starting June 17th for about ten days. I'll even be in a different time zone! (only one hour behind where I am now, but it's still exciting) so for now, reserves will be until I get back from vacation on the twenty-sixth.

Current Repertoire...

This looks really interesting...Can I reserve a spot?

EDIT. Would it be okay if I made a Freelancer that used to be a member of the government?
    Last edited by Captain Doctor Digi; 13th June 2011 at 6:25 PM. Reason: Had to ask a question.

I guess I could be evil. Could I reserve?
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

digipoke1: yessir, that's just fine. reserved
    tresspyro: reserved

*Note: All reserves are until June 26th at this point, since that's when I will return from my vacation.

Current Repertoire...

I got the position yayz! ^_^ I'll be accepting SUs n' stuff next week while M_M's away, then.

Hopefully I've included enough details on my completely incredibly insanely strange character, but if not, I'll elaborate more on some of his powers. =)

Note: In my SU, I mention a supe called a calygreyhound. Though I have some pictures as examples for it, I haven't actually described what it is or what it can do, so for anyone who was thinking of using that supe in their SUs (or who actually knows what in the world it is), still feel free to make up your own version of it. ^_^

Name: Scer

Age: Mentally ranging between 10-16 ; has existed for 11 years

Species: Supe/Shade

Info: All information about the Shade species, which I may or may not have made up. Placed in a spoiler for those of you who don't feel like reading about stuff that I'll mention later.

Spoiler:- Info on Shades:

Faction and Job: Blood Bandit, Messenger

Appearance: Take a bottle of ink and pour it into a mold of a human, and voila! You’ve just made a bite-size replica of Scer. As a shade, Scer takes his completely black, blob-like form and crafts it into something humanoid. He takes pride in the fact that almost all of his limbs match the average proportions of a human – (though the hands are a bit small, but he won’t admit it). Matching the look of a shadow, he displaces himself from other shades merely by the fact that he has an artifical. Two triangular holes around the top of his head constitute for eyes, while he creates the illusion of teeth and fangs by using small, hole-like lines to draw himself a mouth.

Humans are everywhere, but luckily, Scer has a disguise for them. In human form, Scer creates a variety of details to make him seem more natural. His usually skinny form bulks up, making him appear more muscular, and his height lowers slightly to better fit the proportions of human teenagers. Darker colors are easier to mimic; as such, his skin turns from completely black to a dark brown color. He walks with fake pride in his steps, hoping to create the illusion of an intimidating figure.

Keeping to his dark colors, Scer’s human eyes are so dark brown that they’re nearly black, almost matching the shade of his pupils. Faces aren’t quite his forte; no matter how he tries, his nose always comes out a bit crooked. A wide mouth hides several pairs of unnaturally white teeth. (As the canines are still a bit too pointy, he tries not to smile or speak too much.) While he tries to keep some sort of smirk on his face in order to look intimidating, it’s much more common for him to have some sort of nervous or sheepish expression.

Technically speaking, Scer doesn’t wear clothes – rather, he creates the illusion of them by using colors and shading. His attire usually consists of some sort of hoodie or jacket with which he can hide most of his face, along with a baseball cap or other long-brimmed hat. Jeans are about the only thing he can copy, and as such, he’s never without some type of tattered, darkly-colored pair (because the dark colors and the tatteredness make him look ten times “badder” in his eyes.) After that, all he has is a nice, worn pair of sneaks. He doesn’t usually wear any accessories; those are just more details for him to copy, and it’s already hard enough for him to pull off his human disguise.

Personality: Call it karma, coincidence, or just sheer dumb luck, but Scer is perhaps the most unfortunate supe in the entire world. He has the unexplainable ability to attract trouble at every corner he turns to, no matter where he is or who he’s with. While he usually tries not to cause conflict, his stuttering voice and his rather strange way of speaking often rub off on people the wrong way, (and his rather evil-looking appearance doesn’t help much, either.)

Scer is a worrywart, true and true. As bad things tend to happen to him wherever he goes, he’s adopted a mindset of paranoia. Sure, there’s a one in one-million chance of being struck by lightning within a given year, but it can happen. Of course, the odds of an overhead plane bursting into flames and dropping burning metal on his head are somewhere around the chances of winning the human lottery, but honestly, why should he take the chance? His always-fearful mindset has made him out to be quite the coward. Loyalty isn’t really his strongpoint; no matter the circumstances or the people involved, if there’s a chance that he’ll instantaneously burst into flames, then he’ll flee the scene, no questions asked.

When it comes to conversation, Scer is about as talkative as a rock. Communication isn’t one of his strong suits; he’d much rather listen to someone rant on and on about themselves or the current situation than his own voice. If (and when) he does have to answer a question, however, he often answers it with a stream of nervous and unneeded banter. It’s not his fault, really; since he knows he’ll probably say something insulting, conversations just kind of freak him out.

He can be rather selfish at times, especially when the situation involves his personal health. As such, he’s not above using lies and illusions to alter people’s perceptions, and is quick to turn someone into a scapegoat, if need be. Generally speaking, he doesn’t care much for humans; supes, on the other hand, he’d like to slaughter. The history between shades and other supes is a bloody one; as such, Scer holds a rather negative view on all supes. If it wasn’t for the fact that he was in debt to Blood Bane, he’d probably be working in the SRA – or at least, he’d be helping them from the sidelines as a freelancer.

History: The time of existence for Shades in a rather random phenomenon. As such, Scer came into existence somewhere inside the attic of a rather dingy farmhouse in the middle of Montana. Having basically no idea what the heck he was supposed to be or where he was supposed to go, he wandered through the area, floating around houses and through corn mazes.

Occasionally, he ran into the mysterious little creatures known as humans. They were odd things, what with their long appendages and round, unproportionate heads. On the other hand, they seemed to know what they were and what they were doing. He watched them for a while from afar, taking note of their mysterious rituals and dialect. Eventually, he was even able to mimic their general form, turning his blob-like body into a makeshift version of them.

Of course, as soon as he tried to approach them, they grabbed their pitchforks and flaming pieces and threw their weapons at him, shouting about ghosts and dopplegangers and demons and whatever-the-heck they thought he was. He was driven out before he even got to say a word, lit on fire and almost burned into nothingness. Lesson learned: humans were not to be messed with.

He left Montana and moved toward the east, floating aimlessly around the states – and dodging angry humans all the way. Eventually, he met another shade by the name of Hesoca, who told him about the violent past between shades and other supes. He hadn’t really believed her until he was attacked by a pair of werewolves, who tried to light him on fire and harvest his parts. The stories he’d heard of enraged him – all supes were evil. They all deserved to die. On the other hand, he didn’t really want to kill anyone, (and it wasn’t like he had the capability to, anyway), so he silently prayed that those fire-wielding humans would turn their attention from him and cause the rest of the supe populations to burst into flames.

Finally, he reached Pennsylvania. He wavered around in the area for a while, gaining info on the supe and human communities there. Unfortunately, a series of events leaded Scer to accumulate a rather large debt to a werewolf by the name of Blood Bane. In order to pay it off, he was forcefully enlisted into the bandit’s organization. While casted as a newbie Assassin, he begged his way into becoming a Messenger.

It has recently become apparent to him that he knows far too much about the organization for the werewolf to let him live…

Powers:
    +++ Incognito – Like all shades, Scer has the ability to mold his blobby form into just about any shape imaginable. While he can transform into solid objects, he is much more experienced at changing into living creatures and supes. The closer a creature is to the size of a human, the better able he is to transform into it; extremely large or small creatures tire him out and make him sluggish. He can’t transform into anything more than two times his size, or anything less than about one-fifth his size.

In general, he cannot copy the details of a creature unless the creature is in view. The only exceptions to this disability are his two favorite forms: the human and the crow. Creatures that are mostly colored with blacks and dark grays are the easiest for him to copy, while those cloaked in bright, neon colors are the hardest. In order to practice his detail-copying skills, he has been working on a form as a calygreyhound, (though he’s only been able to get about half of the details right).

As with all shades, he gains the physical abilities of the creature he transforms into. This may be anything from flight (as a bird) to enhanced strength (as a minotaur). Even so, he is not the strongest entity in the world, as a such, will never be as physically strong as the actual species in question.

+++ Anti-Hyper-Speed
    – While inside of shadows, Scer can move at breakneck speeds, combining with the darkness to move from one side of the shadow to another almost instantaneously. Of course, as soon as there is any sort of light in his path, he rematerializes and becomes just as fast as a regular human. He can also use the shadows to hide from danger. However, he is still susceptible to attacks and to being burned while inside of a shadow. His movements become extremely sluggish in intense light, and, if combined with heat, such intensity can cause him to slip into an unconscious state.

+++ Switching States – Scer can switch between two states of matter: solid and gaseous. In his solid state, Scer can copy the physical abilities of whatever creature he is transformed into; however, he is susceptible to attacks by opposing parties. In a gaseous state, Scer can only float and move in a blob-like form – he cannot attack, talk, etc. Switching states takes about ten seconds – enough to dodge an oncoming attack but not quite fast enough to dodge a fast weapon, such as a bullet.

+++ Weaknesses – Scer suffers the dominant shade trait of being extremely flammable. Any sort of fire, be it from a lighter or a forest fire, can make him burst into flames. While he can regenerate any parts burned by flames (albeit rather slowly), enough fire will render him unconscious. Electrical currents can also damage him, though certainly not as much as fire can. In a solid state, Scer can also take damage from various weapons, including knives and guns.

Other: I like pi.
    Last edited by Pokefan0234; 15th June 2011 at 8:05 PM. Reason: Added more info on Shades

-----------
    Yup, I'm a Christian.

Pokefan0234: You make the best characters! I love the shade species, they're fantastic, and his appearance and powers and nicely based and balanced off of the information you've provided. The only thing I'm wondering about shades is how long do they live? Are they immortal or do they have an expiration date?

Generally speaking, he doesn’t care much for humans; supes, on the other hand, he’d like to slaughter. The history between shades and other supes is a bloody one; as such, Scer holds a rather negative view on all supes. If it wasn’t for the fact that he was in debt to Blood Bane, he’d probably be working in the SRA – or at least, he’d be helping them from the sidelines as a freelancer.
    Interesting. A supe that doesn't like other supes. I approve.

It has recently become apparent to him that he knows far too much about the organization for the werewolf to let him live…
    Dun dun duh. Blood Bane isn't very nice, so you're probably right.
    I suppose his cowardice will keep him from switching sides?

I like it so you are.... accepted! Hooray. Also, my Blood Baron character (a werecat) shall be joining Scer as soon as I finish her... I figured I should keep tabs on both sides.
    Last edited by Musical Mayhem; 14th June 2011 at 11:09 PM.

Current Repertoire...

Hey there, it's been a ridiculously long time (like a year and 8 months, I believe)...I'd love a spot, now that I actually have time for an RPG. In the past, I've bitten off more than I can chew, but my schedule allows this one. You wouldn't mind me playing as a goblin, would you?
    99.9% of everyone at SPPF have a sig. If you're part of the .1% that doesn't, put this in your- Ah, shoot!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    Yes, because a game suitable for children will feature a character with two girlfriends whom he keeps locked up in his castle.
    I have claimed MMMBop - not that anyone else wanted to...

Well, I'm glad you've decided to join then. A goblin would be perfectly fine. reserved

Current Repertoire...

Quote Originally Posted by Musical Mayhem View Post
    The only thing I'm wondering about shades is how long do they live? Are they immortal or do they have an expiration date?
    Hmm... you know, I never decided on that. They're not really living creatures, just blobs of energy, but since they can be killed via fire and electricity, (and really anything else that creates a flare), then I guess they'd just be partially immortal - at least, immortal in the vampire sense. =)

I'll go ahead and add that to the info in my SU.

Quote Originally Posted by Musical Mayhem View Post
    I suppose his cowardice will keep him from switching sides?
    Well, he'll never be joining the SRA, that's for sure. =P I could see him turning into a Freelancer if he felt that Blood Bane was about to kill him, though.

-----------
    Yup, I'm a Christian.

Hey, sorry I never got my sign-up in. I actually realized I'm going to have to cancel my sign-up, between the RP I'm writing and the one I'm already taking part in, I don't really have time for any more. Sorry, I was looking forward to this one. Hope it goes well!

White FC: 3654-1880-7019

3DS FC: 2105-8751-4059

I resisted. I used all my powers of temperance and self control.

But oh gawd, supernaturals. Reserve. RESERVE. While I make up a species that's impossibly interesting.

Elementals, Fey Folk, Demons, Wraiths, Cthulhu, Fiends... Something evil. I don't get enough chances to be evil.
    Friend Code: 0404-6904-4521
    Ghost Friend Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Spiritomb

YES WE MADE IT TO A SECOND PAGE!

Pokefan0234: Makes sense to me, thanks for clarifying.

IatosHaunted: Sorry to hear that, but it's okay. Maybe next time. reserve dropped.

Niihyl: Reserved. You certainly enjoy being evil don't you?

Current Repertoire...

Name: leaf vesselius

Species: Supe woodland elf (not the tiny Christmas ones)
        Spoiler:- Info on woodland elf:

Faction and Job: Bandit , assassin

Appearance: Elves in general are tall (average of 6 ft 2) and are usually very skinny.There legs are very long just as there arms.They have slightly tipped ears and they have medium sized eyes that are always brown. There lips are usually thin. They also have nimble thin fingers. Elves are very tan due to living out in the woods. They also usually have long brown or orange hair. (His is brown)
    The usual clothes for an male elf is cargo shorts and a white t shirt. This is so they aren't tripping over loose clothing and so they don't attract attention. There ears are usually in cased in a clear plastic that keeps there ears looking normal. they usually where hiking boots so they can get through the woods quickly. They also have either a necklace or bracelet made of a special vine so they can tell if someone is one of them. (He has a necklace)

Personality: Vosok is very unfriendly to all people and some supes. He feels that humans are destroying the world so they must be destroyed. He also feels some supes just don't belong. However several supe species he likes a lot, like warewolves since they are part of nature.

As for the whole killing lot vosok is fine with it. This is because many elf tribes that he has been to are destroyed by humans so he figures a life for a life. When it comes to killing someone he knows though he loses control and completely forgets why he is doing this and is temporarily good.

History: As a child Vosok had amazing skills with targeting. Due to this he became a very good archer and knife thrower and was the tribes war captain. The tribe often killed humans who tried destroying there forest and so Vosok got ok with killing people.

One day a werewolf stole Vosok from his village. The werewolf trained him and several other supes to become assassins. Since Vosok had been such an excellent shot he graduated early and became blood banes favourite assassin. When he picked his weapon he sided with the bow and arrow and a pack of daggers.

Powers: Many people think elves don't have many powers but they are wrong
    -transformation Almost every elf can transform into animals and plants. When they do they get that creatures abilities like a fish would breath water a elf that transformed into one could too. However he has a hour wait between using it twice and will be transformed to normal if he is in the transformation for a hour
    -Super speed and strength Not all elves have this but many do. Due to having powerful ancestors some are blessed with the warrior ones and thus have powerful speed and muscles.
    -call of wild Many elves can call upon animals and plants to do there bidding using an ancient language.

weakness: In polluted areas it turns off vosoks powers and can kill him if he inhales to much

Other: Anything else I should know? nope
    Last edited by lawmaster; 16th June 2011 at 5:57 PM.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.

I have returned

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast