Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 296

Thread: Halo 4

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    sunshine and rainbows land
    Posts
    4,112

    Default

    Halo 3 is possibly my favourite game of all time; the only thing I can think of to compete is Battlefront II. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to make me get an Xbox over PS3, so I'll have to rely on playing at friend's houses when this comes out.

    if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    HOW DID I GET UP HERE?!
    Posts
    656

    Default

    The real question is whether or not there will be any Forerunners.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeLegend View Post
    The real question is whether or not there will be any Forerunners.
    The way the last forerunner book ended, I would expect them to show up. Perhaps at the end of the game to get people excited for Halo 5 or something.

  4. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForeignDude View Post
    The way the last forerunner book ended, I would expect them to show up. Perhaps at the end of the game to get people excited for Halo 5 or something.
    Yeah, it is supposed to be a trilogy I hope they don't blow their wad on the first game.

    For Dorn
    For Terra
    For the Emperor

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    I personally still think if there are any Covenant in the game they will be either early game allies or enemies Chief runs into before the Forerunners or have switched sides to the representatives of the Forerunners having been convinced the Forerunners are gods.

  6. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    I personally still think if there are any Covenant in the game they will be either early game allies or enemies Chief runs into before the Forerunners or have switched sides to the representatives of the Forerunners having been convinced the Forerunners are gods.
    Yeah, I think there's going to be a mystery about who's really on your side in Halo 4. There's could be 7 or more different factions in the game according to the Halo universe.
    -UNSC
    -Insurrectionists
    -Covenant Loyalists
    -Covenant Separatists
    -Forerunner
    -Forerunners ancient enemy that had a cure for the flood (mentioned in halo remakes terminals)
    -Flood
    -or a completely unknown faction

    There's tons of ways this can go and I am damn excited.

    For Dorn
    For Terra
    For the Emperor

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nido Knight #034 View Post
    Yeah, I think there's going to be a mystery about who's really on your side in Halo 4.
    Certainly could be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nido Knight #034 View Post
    -Forerunners ancient enemy that had a cure for the flood (mentioned in halo remakes terminals)
    According to what I've read that'd be:     Spoiler:- Spoiler:


    And there's also the Precursors who're mentioned in tie-in fiction and pre-dating the Forerunners - and based on the comments of "an ancient evil" from the makers they're the ones I predict will be the real enemies.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nido Knight #034 View Post
    There's tons of ways this can go and I am damn excited.
    Absolutely, I also remain excited by all the possibilities for this game.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I'm needed
    Posts
    57

    Default

    The covenant are confirmed to be back and we will be fighting them once again. But 343 said that the Covenant will be "the least of your problems".
    I think we're fighting Forerunners in the Shield world called Requiem.
    Pokemon X Buddies:
    Greninja Talonflame Chesnaught Dedenne Vivilion Pangoro Meowstic Lucario Blaziken Avalugg

    3DS FC: 2809-8627-8665

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemasterAustin View Post
    The covenant are confirmed to be back and we will be fighting them once again.
    Marooned or co-opted Covenant Loyalists then, probably early in the game or before the true reveal of our foes.

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemasterAustin View Post
    But 343 said that the Covenant will be "the least of your problems".
    I think we're fighting Forerunners in the Shield world called Requiem.
    I'm still thinking Precursor enclave or advanced Artificial Life personally, Forerunners sound like they're genuinely gone.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I wish Sergeant Johnson would return. He got me into this whole Halo business. I cried when I learned he died in Halo 3.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    HOW DID I GET UP HERE?!
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Do you think that the armor that the SPARTAN-IVs wear is the Mark VII MJOLNIR Armor?

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out in the 'Verse
    Posts
    1,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeLegend View Post
    Do you think that the armor that the SPARTAN-IVs wear is the Mark VII MJOLNIR Armor?
    I thought 343 already confirmed that.

  13. #88

    Default

    Conan O'Brien is supposed to release some "Big" Halo 4 news according to Halo Waypoint twitter https://twitter.com/#!/HaloWaypoint

    For Dorn
    For Terra
    For the Emperor

  14. #89

    Default

    Halo 4 release date 6th November 2012.

    A long wait unfortunately, at least it'll give 343 enough time to perfect this game.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Great to have a release date and especially that it's in November - although of course it could be subject to change.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nido Knight #034 View Post
    Conan O'Brien is supposed to release some "Big" Halo 4 news according to Halo Waypoint twitter https://twitter.com/#!/HaloWaypoint
    Turns out it was a 9 second clip of multiplayer on that "Wraparound" map we've already seen.

    RvB had not one but two videos about the release date, both animated IN Halo 4.
    Last edited by Charizard Champion#06; 18th April 2012 at 11:55 AM.

  17. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Turns out it was a 9 second clip of multiplayer on that "Wraparound" map we've already seen.

    RvB had not one but two videos about the release date, both animated IN Halo 4.
    Yeah, Frank O'Conner had posted it was not gonna be anything special but I didn't find his until after I posted. Team COCO exaggerates everything on the show though it part of the humor.

    For Dorn
    For Terra
    For the Emperor

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Clarification on Multi-Player aspects: http://au.gamespot.com/features/the-...layer-6372279/

    Certainly relieves the concerns I had that players would be able to unlock better weapons, add-ons for weapons and or armour abilities as occurs in CoD and other similar games, which'd definitely skew things away from being more based on skill and such.

  19. #94

    Default

    New grunt model http://www.nowgamer.com/siteimage/scale/0/0/325446.png He's so adorable. He looks like a little land shark.

    For Dorn
    For Terra
    For the Emperor

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Goes to prove that no matter how many grunts you kill in any of the games released til now, there'll always be more of them... So don't hold back on blowing the little shrimps to pieces!

  21. #96

    Default

    I think the grunts will lose their high pitch voices in Halo 4. Breathing the Methane through their nose instead of mouth's could stop the methane from affecting their voice box. I'm curious how they could sound.

    For Dorn
    For Terra
    For the Emperor

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nido Knight #034 View Post
    I think the grunts will lose their high pitch voices in Halo 4. Breathing the Methane through their nose instead of mouth's could stop the methane from affecting their voice box. I'm curious how they could sound.
    I'd rather the little guys keep their amusing personalities and voices

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    I'd rather the little guys keep their amusing personalities and voices
    Yeah, me too. Why try to make Halo more serious than it is?

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Yeah, me too. Why try to make Halo more serious than it is?
    Given how serious the Halo franchise often is already you don't want to go taking out some of the few funny elements.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    Given how serious the Halo franchise often is already you don't want to go taking out some of the few funny elements.
    Hopefully there's a new Thirsty/Jerk Store Grunt.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •