Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Rumble Blast Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It's not exactly the title I was hoping for, but it interests me.

Though now I'm even more curious about what the Wii title that's being developed is...
    I would put money on a new stadium game, although a new snap would be sweet, good use for the wiimote.
    Def excited about scramble though, good pics serebii.
    I'll sleep when it's bred.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    I do believe I see a new addition to my signature. This quote is both epic and appropriate for Serebii's forums.

I'm excited for this game, but hesitant to go and get it immediately. First off, 3DS needs to come down, a whole 'nother $125. Seriously. It's got slightly higher resolution than DS, and you can utilize/connect Wi-Fi more effectively than DS lite. That's it. The games are few and far between. Second, this game is (most likely) going to land at $39.99. That's way too high. I got SoulSilver for $25 and even that was a stretch. White at $27. Those are main series games, and one had a peripheral. So really my only gripe so far is the prices involved! Petty I know.

I'm very excited to see the new Pokemon, as well as 2nd and 3rd Gen Pokemon incorporated. I actually hope the stats are staggered a little more so there's more flexibility. I also hope for a new trait (if they return) that allows side effects to occur more frequently (essentially Serene Grace). I really liked the first and enjoyed playing it on Wii with my younger brother and sister. I know they got a kick out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    First off, 3DS needs to come down, a whole 'nother $125.
    Which would represent a price drop of a full 50% and won't happen for some years yet if it ever happens at all.

Seriously. It's got slightly higher resolution than DS, and you can utilize/connect Wi-Fi more effectively than DS lite.
    Completely untrue. The system's guts are considerably more powerful, allowing for better graphics and better processing than any of the DS family iterations could manage.

Second, this game is (most likely) going to land at $39.99.
    Yes, that's MSRP.

I got SoulSilver for $25 and even that was a stretch. White at $27.Those are main series games, and one had a peripheral.
    Neither of those games have ever officially been sold at those prices. Buying them at those prices was nice, I'm sure, but they shouldn't be taken as any sort of price benchmark and were likely some sort of unauthorized discount on the part of the store.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 2nd July 2011 at 5:29 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Neither of those games have ever officially been sold at those prices. Buying them at those prices was nice, I'm sure, but they shouldn't be taken as any sort of price benchmark and were likely some sort of unauthorized discount on the part of the store.
    Sure they should. I could care less if The Pokemon Company, Nintendo, or any other corporate entity wants to nail my wallet harder than I'm willing to forfeit. And the feeling is mutual from their end; they're trying to make money. When the demand on the games goes down (which I promise you won't take long), and the supply is still up, I'll buy. I bought SoulSilver at Fry's on sale, and White at B.B. with a price match by Sears. (It was the lowest at the time.) I'm content with the purchases, so Satoshi makes more money.

So like I said, I'll just wait. Still looking forward to playing it though!

So there currently is no indication of a larger multiplayer mode to allow for more than two players? I wonder if Battle Royale will stay single player.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

The first Rumble only let you use two attacks right? Because if that much has changed in Rumble Blast, I'm definitely considering it. I'm more excited about the release date, though. Could this be a sign that Japan is narrowing the gap between the Japanese and worldwide release date? I certainly hope so. 6 months is a ridiculous time to wait for a new Pokemon game, but I can probably live with 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    Could this be a sign that Japan is narrowing the gap between the Japanese and worldwide release date?
    No. There's no comparison between a game like this and a core title, with a written script a mile long and a hundred lines and jokes that have to be not only translated, but rewritten to make sense in English or whatever other language.

6 months is a ridiculous time to wait for a new Pokemon game, but I can probably live with 3 months.
    What you can or can't live with is immaterial. Six months to do all of that stuff I just mentioned (in addition to the localization of umpty-dump new Pokémon, something else this game also doesn't have to deal with) is beyond reasonable, and it's just barely six months if that (Black and White were 9/18/10 to 3/4-6-10/11).

Perhaps you would prefer they stretched it back out to the full 12-month year it used to take?

-----
    Words to|live by

The first Rumble only let you use two attacks right? Because if that much has changed in Rumble Blast, I'm definitely considering it. I'm more excited about the release date, though. Could this be a sign that Japan is narrowing the gap between the Japanese and worldwide release date? I certainly hope so. 6 months is a ridiculous time to wait for a new Pokemon game, but I can probably live with 3 months.
    Unfortunately not. This is just so the rest of the world can have the autumn/christmas release of a pokemon game which occurs every year.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No. There's no comparison between a game like this and a core title, with a written script a mile long and a hundred lines and jokes that have to be not only translated, but rewritten to make sense in English or whatever other language.

What you can or can't live with is immaterial. Six months to do all of that stuff I just mentioned (in addition to the localization of umpty-dump new Pokémon, something else this game also doesn't have to deal with) is beyond reasonable, and it's just barely six months if that (Black and White were 9/18/10 to 3/4-6-10/11).

Perhaps you would prefer they stretched it back out to the full 12-month year it used to take?
    Really? It couldn't possibly take six months to do all of that, can it? And even so, here's a revolutionary idea on how to shorten that time. Why not start working on the worldwide release before the Japanese version is released. No sense in the translators sitting there twiddling their thumbs while the Japanese get everything way ahead of time. I mean, I can live with them getting things first. They created the game, they get first dibs. But they must be crazy if they think that it's perfectly reasonable to make the rest of us sit there drooling over these new games acting like we're not supposed to know they exist. Because you and I know that's exactly what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    Unfortunately not. This is just so the rest of the world can have the autumn/christmas release of a pokemon game which occurs every year.
    ...Goddammit!
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I will be buying this, since this is a retail game, it should be longer than Pokemon rumble I hope. I am most excited for the streetpass feature, however.

I just pre-ordered this game can't wait looks fun

I pre-ordered this game as well. I figure the same thing as hawkmbl: if it is a retail game for full price and they are adding a story mode, we should definitely get our money's worth out of it! Between this and Star Fox, I figure I have plenty to keep me busy until Super Mario comes out, and then its just a matter of time until that "surprise" Pokemon game is released, and that can only mean PMD, or a 3rd iteration of the 5th gen games, which are definitely a day one buy for me.

Definitely getting this. Wondering one thing, though. Might I possibly be able to somehow transfer my stuff from the original Rumble to this one?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Definitely getting this. Wondering one thing, though. Might I possibly be able to somehow transfer my stuff from the original Rumble to this one?
    It hasn't been mentioned as a feature, so it seems unlikely. Besides, I don't think that's even an option on the WiiWare game. They'd probably have to do some major update, if it's even possible to add.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Japanese release has been delayed til August 11th

That sucks. Oh, well. As long as it doesn't affect the american release.

Why is it delayed, anyway?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

We have no idea why it was delayed. None of the notices stated a reason

is it a good game from the preveiws

Founder Of TOTW
    War record 9/0/0
    Smogon rank 1345 (peak)
    8/8 OSL Basges
    Unbeaten on wifi
    But does it really matter.......

Do you know if you're still limited to two attacks? Because that's pretty much why I hated the first one. Otherwise, this is every Pokemon fan's dream: a Pokemon game that involves battling in real time.

That's only a two-week delay, isn't it? It can't be anything too egregious.

-----
    Words to|live by

I'm excited to get this game! It looks better than the original Rumble (which was still good), that's for sure.

I take it from the lack of a response (especially from BCVM22 who would've undoubtedly tore me to shreds... again), that the answer to my question is "We don't know yet".

I'm totally going to get this game when I get a 3DS!

The spoiler contains a very long signature!
        Spoiler:- Saves from Long Signature:

wow....this is the wrong name. it's rumble's sequal right? if it is, its called Syuper Pokemon Scramble and its on le 3DS OoT FTW
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    wow....this is the wrong name. it's rumble's sequal right? if it is, its called Syuper Pokemon Scramble and its on le 3DS OoT FTW
    Is it possible that this is not "the wrong name" and that the game has two different names over two different release territories, perhaps? As we know to be the truth?

-----
    Words to|live by

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast