Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where Did You Go, Audino? (697)

These small lines made the episode for me this episode wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. It was cute :3

Spoiler:- quote 1:

Also:

Spoiler:- quote 2:

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Only good part was Cilan being detective and all... but even that didnt go very well...

The episode to me was just a very boring one until roggenrola fought team rocket like a boss but I didn't hate this episode. It was ok just kinda boring.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Filler this episode was filler, nothing else to say about it.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

A good episode. Christie and Doyle are named after Agatha Christie and Arthur Conan Doyle, really creative on the dub's part. I can't for the next episode.

Saw the dubbed version this morning. I thought is was too Sinnoh-ish. The concept and everything was like Sinnoh all over again. But it wasn't a complete disaster, it was okay, I guess...but it could've been better. And to finish it off, the dubbed voices of the children irked me.

Subbed version gets a 5/10.

Dubbed version gets a 4/10.
    Help Staryu, will you?

I have claimed Houndoom.
    When you start something, finish it.

A good episode. Christie and Doyle are named after Agatha Christie and Arthur Conan Doyle, really creative on the dub's part. I can't for the next episode.
    Not only that, this episode had a surprise I wasn't even aware of until yesterday -- Leah Clark (Fuyuki in Sgt Frog, Blair in Soul Eater, Kagura in Ga-Rei-Zero) was Doyle's VA! This actually makes a surprising amount of sense, as she directed three of the Case Closed movies.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    Filler this episode was filler, nothing else to say about it.
    What, was it not (in the very least) entertaining? The fact that Leah Clark voiced the Conan-lookalike Doyle and how his and Christie's dub names are very clever made the dubbed version near-superior to the original. Too bad that Mamoru Miyano's a very mighty young man when it comes to the hamminess of his characters, and Dento was unrelenting around....8 minutes in. Poor Jason can't compare.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Wow, very interesting to know that Leah Clark is doing Doyle. As for Christie, I'm pretty sure that's Carrie Savage. In fact, VERY sure.

As for Detective Dento-fruit (my nickname for him), he just seemed so cheesy when confronting Team Rocket. But it amused me.

Okay filler for the most part.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Medea View Post
    Wow, very interesting to know that Leah Clark is doing Doyle. As for Christie, I'm pretty sure that's Carrie Savage. In fact, VERY sure.

As for Detective Dento-fruit (my nickname for him), he just seemed so cheesy when confronting Team Rocket. But it amused me.

Okay filler for the most part.
    Does Carrie Savage voice Amy Rose? I just know it was her. If she was, it's kind of ironic that two previous Sonic VAs worked on the same episode.

EDIT: Oh, that was Lisa Ortiz. Wait, I'm pretty sure it was Lisa Ortiz, not Carrie Savage.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 1st October 2011 at 6:55 PM.

Wow this sure was a snooze-fest. I'm glad I didn't bother with the Japanese version.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Doyle...really now...that's not just a blatant reference to Arthur Conan Doyle...but it looks like the dub even caught on how this kid was based blatantly on Conan Edogawa as well...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

So the Audino were manipulated by sound! Interesting. After all that it was Team rocket which was to blame but it looks like the rockets have a new job to do while they are out and about and that is to help zeiger (sp?) with his new inventions which I assume will be used in the operations of team rocket itself.

Cilan wasn't really outstanding this episode he was just being himself. It wasn't really like when it was detective time he was anything different unlike when it was fishing time so I was quite disappointed.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode but not as much as others.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

This episode was ok. Nothing special for me (not even the debuts of Solosis and Gothita).
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Okay, so far, Cilan is a Gym Leader with his brothers, an A Rank Connoisseur, a cook, a scientific thinker, a fisherman and now he is a detective. Next thing we'll know is that he is an idol singer. I hope so though. I can see him doing that. xD

Anyways, my love for Mystery-themed episodes/movies have peaked in this episode. It's also cool that Roggenrola gets an awesome role in this episode just after his debut on the show.

Not too bad at all, and omg Ash, you have seen an Audino already. Why did you use your Dex to look up Audino this late?!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Decent episode. It was funny when Officer Jenny tried to arrest Ash and his friends when they actually didn't do anything.

And as for Audino, it was mysterious that they went on their own. I knew it had to be Team Rocket.

Wow, this episode was bad. I nearly stopped watching it because of Cilan's obnoxious antics.

At least the Rocket plot was interesting, albeit a bit pedestrian. They've become a bit more menacing under Zager's direction, even when their plans are simple like this, because of what he seems to be intending to do with the captured Pokemon. Was the reference to Giovanni in the original?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

This was an ok episode; unimportant, but good. I have to wonder though: if TPCi can be creative with character names, why can’t they be better with episode titles? This title was fine, but I’m sure past seasons could have made it punnier.

I don’t see why the writers had to have both Gothita and Solosis in the episode; they both did the same thing and I had no interest in the kids squabbling about which one is better. Only one kid and one Psychic type were necessary for this episode.

Detective Connoisseur Cilan was enjoyable, as was Iris’ unenthusiastic opinion of Cilan’s hobby of the day. It’s a good thing the dubbers figured out Cilan’s catchphrase during the last few episodes. I laughed when Ash was still trying to climb the cliff in the background when Cilan talked to Officer Jenny.

I have to question Officer Jenny’s capabilities as a Police woman, though. She instantly arrests people with only an assumption, and she needs an iPad with a tracking app to see pink rabbits 10 feet in front of her. We let this lady keep us safe at night? Does she even have a Pokémon?

As I said of the previous episode, I’m glad that the dubbers are letting Trio show more emotion. They seem livelier now when they interact with Ash and Co. I’d wish they’d try to catch more Pokémon on Zager’s orders; that’s what I’d have the Trio doing from the beginning if I was in charge.

On a final note, I’m glad Roggenrola was used so early after it was caught . We have to wait before Palpitoad got any recognition.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    Not only that, this episode had a surprise I wasn't even aware of until yesterday -- Leah Clark (Fuyuki in Sgt Frog, Blair in Soul Eater, Kagura in Ga-Rei-Zero) was Doyle's VA! This actually makes a surprising amount of sense, as she directed three of the Case Closed movies.
    Tatum,Mignogna,Clark? Whats next? Palencia as Elesa and Sabat as Clay? Actually.....

I'm going to skip this one. The japanese episode was awful. I don't think it will help when I know what is being said.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Okay, so far, Cilan is a Gym Leader with his brothers, an A Rank Connoisseur, a cook, a scientific thinker, a fisherman and now he is a detective. Next thing we'll know is that he is an idol singer. I hope so though. I can see him doing that. xD
        Spoiler:- He is also:

I love these mystery episodes. Seeing Cilan fail miserably at acting like Sherlock Holmes was certainly a treat.

And Officer Jenny's as incompetent as ever. iPads and iPhones? Seriously?
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Meh, this episode was all right, but I feel there's been worse fillers in the B/W series thus far.

And jumping to conclusions, much, Jenny?

Jenny was never a good officer. I feel bad that the safety of everyone is in her hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekaku View Post
    Tatum,Mignogna,Clark? Whats next? Palencia as Elesa and Sabat as Clay? Actually.....
    It gets better. Carrie Savage, who has had some roles in various Funimation dubs (nothing too notable though) was Christie. Not only that, Vic Mignogna, according to his Twitter, dubbed a second role in July that hasn't aired yet - I get the feeling it's the Victini movies, because in the trailer Damon sounds like he could be voiced by Vic or J. Michael Tatum.

I wonder what this all means? It's certainly getting to be too much to be a coincidence, all these West Coast-based Funimation VAs showing up...

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    It gets better. Carrie Savage, who has had some roles in various Funimation dubs (nothing too notable though) was Christie. Not only that, Vic Mignogna, according to his Twitter, dubbed a second role in July that hasn't aired yet - I get the feeling it's the Victini movies, because in the trailer Damon sounds like he could be voiced by Vic or J. Michael Tatum.

I wonder what this all means? It's certainly getting to be too much to be a coincidence, all these West Coast-based Funimation VAs showing up...
    Pokemon getting dubbed by Funi soon? XD Its nice to have them in once in awhile.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast