Thread: Is Platinum so different to diamond and pearl?

Default Is Platinum so different to diamond and pearl?

I own diamond and pearl, wondering if its worth buying platinum. Cheers =D

My first favourite pokemon

I would say yes. The storyline with Cyrus and Team Galactic is much more indepth, the Pokedex is longer, and there's the Battle Frontier. Really, I think it's worth it, but you decide for yourself.
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    -------------------------->[+-][+-]
    ---------------------------->[+-]
    -------------------------->[+-]
    ----------------------->[+-][+-]apto369

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

Current play through-
    Heartgold FC: 4686 1335 9888. Feel free to add me and message me to add you too!

A lot of people didn't buy Platinum because it was considered too much of the same stuff. That's them. I say it's heaps better. You choose.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Platinum is majorly better then Diamond and Pearl. It fixes many of the problems that they had, the story is better, more Pokemon, Battle Frontier, ect it's really fun. Just look at my user name.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

The stuff Platinum added really makes it better than Diamond and Pearl. But if you're someone like me, who has put a lot of time and effort into your Diamond/Pearl game, then Platinum isn't altogether worth it. I bought it for the Distortion World and enjoyed myself, but in the end I ended up trading it in to GameStop. (Granted, that was for Pokemon White, but... yeah.)

Platinum is very fun, and there's nothing you can do in Diamond and Pearl that you can't do in Platinum. I just personally didn't use my Platinum as much because my Diamond was already almost 100% complete Pokedex-wise.

I liked the Distortion World and the Battle Frontier but yeah....

Giratina Origin and Shaymin-S were nice though..

Otherwise it's not really worth the money

Trading my almost perfect UT Timid Mewtwo! Its IVs are 31/22/31/31/30/31. You can verify the calculation here:

Spoiler:- Credits and my FC:

It does include the Battle Frontier, which gives you something else to do in-game after you've finished the storyline - which is a bit more improved. There's also extra Pokemon that are catchable which are really quite decent, as well as a slightly wider variety of fire types, rather than just Infernape and Rapidash.

Platinum is way better than DP. Although since you already have those, and there's other things like HGSS and better yet BW, to be honest I don't think it's really worth it now.

Unless you really just want a better Sinnoh experience, you're better off getting one of the versions after it. There's really no point on buying a game with only some changes than one that's completely different. At least this late.

Unless yanno, you already have those too. Then by all means go for it.

Platinum is the same in some aspects but it is definately different. Look at the story and the Pokemon available. It is one of the best so far. I think it trumps Diamond/Pearl and even HG/SS.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Quote Originally Posted by kellyh View Post
    I own diamond and pearl, wondering if its worth buying platinum. Cheers =D
    It's really worth buying platinum. It's really good. You have the distortion world, the new giratina form, the new outfits, the snow on the ground... It's my favorite pokemon game, next to emerald.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'll be gone on vacation until I get home sometime Sunday the 28th. Sorry guys.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

It's definitely worth it. Out of the trio, Platnium is the one with the best features, the best Pokemon, and the best storyline. Totally get it ^^
    oh hai thur.

Platinum had a lot of new stuff than DP had to offer.Having a change to get all the new Pokemon that was introduced that can be obtained legit in the new expansion of the Pokedex is one of many.Others include,a new Battle Frontier that expands from the original Battle Tower,Rotom and Giratina having new forms,Distortion World,a legit chance to catch both Dialga and Palkia after beating Cynthia,and the fact to take on Hearthome City Gym on your first visit instead of having to wait till beating both Veilstone and Pastoria like in DP.The chance to get Rotoms five new forms legit now in Platinum has passed though.It can though be obtained in HGSS and BW without the need of the Secret Key.So in short,I would say to get Platinum.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

I would say go and buy it!
    I really didn't like Diamond/Pearl, but I decided to try out Platinum and now I LOVE 4th gen.

Defeintely worth the money
    1) Expanded Sinnoh Dex
    2) Giratine Origin Forme, which has better ATK and SP.ATK base sts, than Altered forme
    3) Battle Frontier, a HELL of a lot better than just BATTLE TOWER
    4) I found it a bit harder than Diamond/Pearl

Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Expanded Dex.
    Gym Leaders/Elites have different teams.
    Different story (slightly)
    BATTLE FRONTIER

Honestly the first two reasons are good enough on their own because it makes it feel like a completely different game. It's up to you, but from an objective standpoint, there's much more to do that makes it worth getting. IMO it's the best game of the series until Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

yes, especially if you compare the speed of the SURF lol
    what if gamefreak send scouts to Pokemon forums,
    give some trailer for the new gen,
    then wait for our responds, and keep an eye on our speculation,
    and then steal our idea???

used THIEF!
    It's super effective!

And don't forget about the villa. I thought that was a nice little addition.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Platinum did have a lot more added to it so I would definitely buy it if you have only played D/P so far. C:

Platinum is one of the best pokemon games of all time in my opinion. Because you can catch dialga palkia and Giratina the main pokemon. Also, you can go to the distortion world on it and WALK ON WALLS! Platinum is worth buying

Thread bumped by 18 months... Shutting.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)