Thread: Lots of random stuff... [V. 3.0]

Default Lots of random stuff... [V. 3.0]

Hey there guys!

So my third thread is underway, haha, lot of things have changed in my creative space, I have left banner making (you can check out my old thread to see my craphics), although I may make the odd one (Signature Battles 8D), so I am gonna post all my new Web, Interface and Icon designs here, so check them out, and if you can C+C is always appreciated (I wouldn't mind one line posts too...).

So here's a new Wordpress blog theme, it's not a vector-ish theme I had plans for earlier, it's kind of a grayscale theme that I designed and developed (coded) it myself. It's quite big though, I'll post it in Spoilers. So, check it out! Or you could just see it in a new tab -

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5765/homepagezw.jpg

Spoiler:- BIG IMAGE:

So, take care guys! and Have fun and Thanks to all of you creatives for keeping DM alive (there were bad times..) and also for inspiring me for my new designs. You can always PM/VM me for any questions and I'd be glad to help! *hugs*

"I'd rather be critiqued by people of high standards,
    than be praised by people of low standards." ~ Mozart

Credits to the amazing Skiyomi for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vshan View Post
    Signature Battles 8D
    :D

So here's a new Wordpress blog theme, it's not a vector-ish theme I had plans for earlier, it's kind of a grayscale theme that I designed and developed (coded) it myself. It's quite big though, I'll post it in Spoilers. So, check it out! Or you could just see it in a new tab -
    I love it. It seems very 'simplistic', I don't know if that's the word but it's so different from those sites that have all kinds of stuff and colours going on you see a lot (actually, a little less nowadays). I'd say (nitwit perspective) this is a very cool lay-out and design because its different (in a good way) from other sites.

Thanks to all of you creatives for keeping DM alive (there were bad times..) and also for inspiring me for my new designs. You can always PM/VM me for any questions and I'd be glad to help! *hugs*
    No problem mate

*hugs back*

Thanks for the comments, Pupintheturd, much appreciated

Actually, yes, I was going towards a "simplistic" design, no gradients, no textures.

Here's something I was playing around with today, I was bored so some buttons were born XD (I personally don't like the green button though..looks too simplistic)

You guys can download the .psd and check out the layer styles and such.
    Last edited by Bhatman; 14th June 2011 at 12:33 PM.

Oh and out of sheer envy of the banner awesomeness of you all, here' a new banner after quite a time!

Rounded Corners

Normal

Oh and here's the banner for the sig battle.

I know, this sig is hugely overworked, tried too many things, too many overlays, and well it's a over-saturated, very bright mess :/

Here's the grayscale, just because.

In this banner I was experimenting with the text, gradient maps are so awesome.

So, if you guys have the time, do C+C, much appreciated
    Thanks for checking out my stuff! *hugs*
    Last edited by Bhatman; 19th June 2011 at 4:05 PM.

As I already said in the sig rate thread, I really, really like your logo on the 'Simply Fly' banner. And the colors on your Superman banner look great.

I'm looking at the banner you did for the sig battle and the grayscale version of it. Of course, the grayscale gets rid of a lot of the super-bright saturation issues but... one of the things I really loved about the original was the greens. The greens look great, especially as a backdrop to the text. So I still like the original better, even if it is very bright :P

Thank you for the comments, Skii

Here are my latest banners:

Version 1 of my banner, honestly.. this was a completely experimental banner, just slapped a sprite onto a stock image and started off without any plan or colors to use etc.

Version 2, I personally believe I ruined everything ;_;

Anyways, here are two quick tips for you guys:

1.) After you've finished your banner, go to Image>Apply Image and then selecting the newly made layer go to Filter>Other>High Pass and set it to around 1.1 radius and then set the layer on overlay or screen. It boosts the details or in other words, it is a better alternative to Sharpening.

2.) First of all hit Ctrl+R to show rulers. Then, after you've chosen a size for your banner and made a new document, use the crop tool and with it select the complete size of the banner, now make sure that on the top the "Crop Guide Rule" is set at "Rule of thirds". Now, using that as references pull out guide from the rulers and match them to the crop guides. Now you'll have and easy way to make guides for the Rule of thirds.

If you have any problems following the tips, fire me a PM/VM, I'll be glad to help
    Last edited by Bhatman; 21st June 2011 at 5:48 PM.

Hey guys!

I have designed and coded another website, it's going to be my future blog on Web Design and Development. I've designed it using the ol' trusty Photoshop and coded it using Sublime Text 2. Any comments would be more than welcome!

You can see it live here: Pixelated Code Don't read the text, it's a Lorem Ipsum alternative; random filler text.

You guys have a better name?