Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 76

Thread: Community POTW #24 - Special #1

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glenelg,MD,USA
    Posts
    24

    Default Frost Rotom Set

    Frost Rotom Time!


    FreezeShock!
    Item: Wide Lens
    -Blizzard
    -Thunder/Thunderbolt/Discharge
    -Will O Wisp/Toxic
    -Hex

    Blizzard is for STAB Ice and gets a boost to a slightly better 80% accuracy. Thunder gets this same boost as well but Thunderbolt is the safer option and Discharge is if you want to paralyze your opponent. Will O Wisp goes up to 85% acc. and cripples physical sweepers while Toxic goes up to 100% acc. and will put the timer on for many pokemon. Hex is there to abuse the foe's status problems provided you set up.
    DESTROY TEH ICE TYPES! Garchomp FTW!!!!!!
    My favorite Pokemon!:

    FireRed Team:
    Emerald Team:
    Diamond Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    White Team:
    Fighters 'till the end!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Depends.
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    You should be able to use Dark Pulse, just teach it that in DPPtHGSS then transfer it. The set doesn't use any egg moves (as if he had any :P), so yes you could do that.

    I'd also recommend changing Thunderbolt to Discharge/Thunder Wave, to give two options to cause paralysis.
    Ah yes, thank you.

    With that out of the way, I can prepare the annoying-ness.

    Fan Rotom@King's Rock
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Modest
    - Air Slash
    - Dark Pulse
    - Discharge / Thunder Wave
    - Confuse Ray
    EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP

    Yes, I like that. I gotta say though, that Ring Target set is still pretty epic.

    Now then, I like gimmicky sets like those. I'll see if I can concoct one from any other form, although some are just better attackers.
    Last edited by FrozenFroslass; 13th June 2011 at 11:43 PM.
    SoulSilver:
    White:
    Diamond Solo:


    [Yeah, sure.]

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epicgarchomp24 View Post
    Frost Rotom Time!


    FreezeShock!
    Item: Wide Lens
    -Blizzard
    -Thunder/Thunderbolt/Discharge
    -Will O Wisp/Toxic
    -Hex

    Blizzard is for STAB Ice and gets a boost to a slightly better 80% accuracy. Thunder gets this same boost as well but Thunderbolt is the safer option and Discharge is if you want to paralyze your opponent. Will O Wisp goes up to 85% acc. and cripples physical sweepers while Toxic goes up to 100% acc. and will put the timer on for many pokemon. Hex is there to abuse the foe's status problems provided you set up.
    Hex is literally useless. You're only hitting at 100 BP even if the opponent is statused, because you don't get STAB on it, and you're hitting everything except for like, Lanturn or something harder with a set of Blizzard/Tbolt/HPIce/Filler. And Rotom-W pulls that off better, seeing as Blizzard is way less reliable than Hydro Pump.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    Hex is literally useless. You're only hitting at 100 BP even if the opponent is statused, because you don't get STAB on it, and you're hitting everything except for like, Lanturn or something harder with a set of Blizzard/Tbolt/HPIce/Filler. And Rotom-W pulls that off better, seeing as Blizzard is way less reliable than Hydro Pump.
    I agree about hex, but in the hail, Blizzard never misses. Then it can Blizzard/Thunderbolt.

    If you want to use Rotom-F, pair it up with abamnasnow.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 90 Points
    I need to finish Bravely Default, Mega Man 2, my Pokemon Emerald Nuzloche, and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I want to do all of this by October 3rd.
    Since when did playing video require so much schedule management?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Depends.
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rotomknight View Post
    my favorite pokemon!

    its c-c-c-cold in here(frost)
    item magnet
    thunder
    blizzard
    hex
    toxic

    thunder and blizzard for stab and a more powerful bolt beam.
    hex and toxic to do 100 base power and maybe force a switch
    Without a Rain Team, use Thunderbolt instead. Even then, Wash Rotom is better for it.

    Blizzard really doesn't miss for me, but it's still not perfect accuracy.

    Hex + Toxic isn't that great here either. Toxic is usable, yes, but just to set up Hex isn't smart. Even if it is base 100 power, it takes up two turns, whereas with Shadow Ball, you can hit with base 160 by that time, with the turns put together. Yes, Toxic is an annoying status affliction, but Thunder Wave helps with Rotom-As because of their low speed. Besides, that status can also maybe force a switch.

    Also, the Magnet is unneeded, really. Frost Rotom already gets Electric STAB.

    Lastly, EVs and Natures help with what kind of goal you want it to be.

    Sorry to bash the set.
    SoulSilver:
    White:
    Diamond Solo:


    [Yeah, sure.]

  6. #56

    Default

    WeatherTom(Hotom-F)@Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SpAtk 252 HP 4 Spd
    Nature: Modest
    Thunder/Thunderbolt/Discharge
    Blizzard
    Will-O-Wisp/HP Water/HP Fighting
    Rain Dance/Hail(if not already set up)/Shadow Ball/Hex

    Basically, a semi-bulky Pokemon with one of the best STAB combos around. Other than STAb, it can burn, or choose other attacks and go along with that.

  7. #57

    Default

    the Ultimate Refrigerator
    Rotom (Refrigerator form)
    Item: Ice/Electric gem
    Nature: Timid
    Ivs: Speed and Sp. Attack 252
    Moves:
    Thunder
    Blizzard
    Charge Beam
    Rain Dance
    First Change The Wether to Boost accuracy of Thunder by Using Rain Dance. Then Attack w/ Charge Beam until Sp Attack is up a bit then Nail it w/ Thunder and Blizzard
    My Youtube Channel

    Come Join me on Playstation!
    PSN: TehLoneRaZoR
    Games: CoD: Black Ops, CoD: MW2, CoD: Black Ops 2, Battlefield 3, Assassin's Creed 3


    -Thanks FrostStorm

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Chill bro.. [Frost Rotom]
    - Blizzard
    - Thunder
    - Hidden Power Fire
    - Volt Switch / Pain Split / Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
    Item Attached: Zoom Lens
    Ability: Levitate
    Evs and Nature:
    252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
    Quiet nature (+SpA, -Spe) [0 Spe IV]

    Yeah.. it's kinda a stretch. A bulky Frost Rotom.
    A Zoom Lens will boost the accuracy of Blizzard / Thunder to 84 (If you go last.), which is about the same accuracy of Toxic and Fire Blast, which hit often sometimes anyway. HP Fire is mainly just filler, but I can't think of any other HP types that would benefit more. The last move is just filler as well. Volt Switch switches you out, Pain Split heals you a bit, Will-O-Wisp cripples physical hitters, and Toxic is for stalling out Pokemon like Blissey.
    In-game name: Carl
    Friend Code: 3325-3523-8312
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Pancham / Mienfoo / Riolu



    Azumarill is my favorite Pokemon! 10 great years of Pokemon and I've finally come up with the answer for the #1 Pokemon related question "What's your favorite Pokemon?" ♥

    How am I supposed to expect the unexpected if expecting the unexpected turns the unexpected into the expected?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Depends.
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeman Man View Post
    Chill bro.. [Frost Rotom]
    - Blizzard
    - Thunder
    - Hidden Power Fire
    - Volt Switch / Pain Split / Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
    Item Attached: Zoom Lens
    Ability: Levitate
    Evs and Nature:
    252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
    Quiet nature (+SpA, -Spe) [0 Spe IV]

    Yeah.. it's kinda a stretch. A bulky Frost Rotom.
    A Zoom Lens will boost the accuracy of Blizzard / Thunder to 84 (If you go last.), which is about the same accuracy of Toxic and Fire Blast, which hit often sometimes anyway. HP Fire is mainly just filler, but I can't think of any other HP types that would benefit more. The last move is just filler as well. Volt Switch switches you out, Pain Split heals you a bit, Will-O-Wisp cripples physical hitters, and Toxic is for stalling out Pokemon like Blissey.
    HP Water can be used against Rock and Fire Types that are super-effective against Ice. It's another choice.
    SoulSilver:
    White:
    Diamond Solo:


    [Yeah, sure.]

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    177

    Default

    It looks like every set features STAB exclusive move, HP, Thunder/bolt, and filler.
    Originally posted by: R4GEKILL!!! No need for STAB. STAB is stupid.
    LULZ


    "Yes, I will see you through the smoke and flames on the frontlines of war and I will stand my ground until the end, until we conquer them all."

    Black:5286 2326 2599
    I rather adore music. I less than three it. <3

    "Let's believe that if we all stand together, we're a force that could shake the whole world. For once I'm doing something right when we say, 'Woah, woah.'"

    I'll battle anything as long as I've got Pokemon to put the team together.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CloudVII View Post
    It looks like every set features STAB exclusive move, HP, Thunder/bolt, and filler.
    That's because that's why rotom is so good. But not every set runs that, look at the SubCharge set, or the ring target set.
    Likely to be very inactive due to school. Sorry.
    PM me if you would like me to rate your team. Known as [T3]Xaos on PO.

    Member of the Triumvirate clan. If you want to join, then i have referred you. I also will EV train pokes. PM me for more info. Credit goes to Gladeshadow for the Banner. I've won one tourney. LC gen 5.
    Missingno 3.70919 167
    Klinklang 3.68698 166
    You know a pokemon is bad when Missingno. is used more than it...
    στο χάος προέρχεται απελευθέρωσης

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    177

    Default

    I quoted the ring set saying it was worth mentioning. But still, I was just stating that aside from a few, every set is essentially the same.
    Originally posted by: R4GEKILL!!! No need for STAB. STAB is stupid.
    LULZ


    "Yes, I will see you through the smoke and flames on the frontlines of war and I will stand my ground until the end, until we conquer them all."

    Black:5286 2326 2599
    I rather adore music. I less than three it. <3

    "Let's believe that if we all stand together, we're a force that could shake the whole world. For once I'm doing something right when we say, 'Woah, woah.'"

    I'll battle anything as long as I've got Pokemon to put the team together.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    929

    Default

    For heat, mow, and frost rotom, HP secondary STAB is noteworthy due to better accuracy/no recoil.

    Just saying that's an option.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 90 Points
    I need to finish Bravely Default, Mega Man 2, my Pokemon Emerald Nuzloche, and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I want to do all of this by October 3rd.
    Since when did playing video require so much schedule management?

  14. #64
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In the World of Pokemon
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    For heat, mow, and frost rotom, HP secondary STAB is noteworthy due to better accuracy/no recoil.

    Just saying that's an option.
    True, but there are so many other good choices with Hidden Power. Like [Ice] for Mow / Heat Rotom to hit those pesky Dragons who love switching into their STABs. Besides, Rotom-H and Rotom-C are normally hit-and-run attackers. As for Rotom-F... it wasn't called a hail team staple for NOTHING, you know.
    Pokemon B/W OU Future Team:



    Pokemon B/W Uber Future Team:



    Pokemon B/W Battle Subway Future Team:



    These teams are currently in the process of construction.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    LittleRoot Town
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Tr0ll:

    Rotom-F
    Trait:Levitate
    Item:Air Balloon
    Evs:128 HP, 252 SPatk, 128 Spe
    Moves:
    ~Discharge
    ~Air Slash
    ~T-Wave/WoW
    ~HP Ice/ Ground

    I made his ability and typing more useless by adding a balloon!
    I have totally used this before and it works, it just doesn't get Lefties recovery.
    Also you could run pain split or toxic.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    456

    Default

    We've seen a bunch of offensive sets, but let's analyze a Status option...

    Title: Rotom 'Status Form'
    Form: Ghost
    Item: Flame Orb or Toxic Orb
    Moves: Trick, Toxic/Will-o-Wisp, Discharge, Shadow Ball (Singles) or Hex (Doubles/Triples/Rotation).

    Basically you'll be using non-appliance Rotom for annoyance. Trick away an opponent's key item while giving them something nasty. For Moves and Items, Toxic with Flame Orb and Will-o-Wisp with Toxic Orb.

    Hex VS Shadow Ball Debate
    Yes, you could get 160 Base Power with 2 uses of Shadow Ball, but you could also run into a Normal Type on a Switch or get a Me First-Shadow Ball in the face without a Status on yourself. Taking a Base 50 Hex or a Base 80 Shadow Ball from Me First? I'll take the former, thank you very much. That's part of why Hex is so popular on Rotom.

    However, Synchronize Ability screws you over with your own Status Effect usage, Pressure limits Hex to 5 uses, and Shadow Ball is more reliable on Power and PP within 2 Turns, with or without Status Effects. Shadow Ball is that much more useful because of that.

    Over time, Hex goes to 200 over 3 uses and 300 over 4 uses. Shadow Ball gets 240 after 3 uses and 320 over 4 uses. By those numbers, you'll need to use Hex 6 times to get more Power-Over-Time than Shadow Ball. It doesn't account for Accumulated, Trap, Burn, or Poison Damage, but it still shows Hex's "Acceleration VS Speed" in Damage terms.

    On the Hex side of things, Double and Triple Battles allow you to get a Base 100 Hex with a single turn. That and Levitate give Rotom quite a standing in Doubles/Triples. Shadow Ball can stay with Sweepers there.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In the World of Pokemon
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    We've seen a bunch of offensive sets, but let's analyze a Status option...

    Title: Rotom 'Status Form'
    Form: Ghost
    Item: Flame Orb or Toxic Orb
    Moves: Trick, Toxic/Will-o-Wisp, Discharge, Shadow Ball (Singles) or Hex (Doubles/Triples/Rotation).

    Basically you'll be using non-appliance Rotom for annoyance. Trick away an opponent's key item while giving them something nasty. For Moves and Items, Toxic with Flame Orb and Will-o-Wisp with Toxic Orb.

    Hex VS Shadow Ball Debate
    Yes, you could get 160 Base Power with 2 uses of Shadow Ball, but you could also run into a Normal Type on a Switch or get a Me First-Shadow Ball in the face without a Status on yourself. Taking a Base 50 Hex or a Base 80 Shadow Ball from Me First? I'll take the former, thank you very much. That's part of why Hex is so popular on Rotom.

    However, Synchronize Ability screws you over with your own Status Effect usage, Pressure limits Hex to 5 uses, and Shadow Ball is more reliable on Power and PP within 2 Turns, with or without Status Effects. Shadow Ball is that much more useful because of that.

    Over time, Hex goes to 200 over 3 uses and 300 over 4 uses. Shadow Ball gets 240 after 3 uses and 320 over 4 uses. By those numbers, you'll need to use Hex 6 times to get more Power-Over-Time than Shadow Ball. It doesn't account for Accumulated, Trap, Burn, or Poison Damage, but it still shows Hex's "Acceleration VS Speed" in Damage terms.

    On the Hex side of things, Double and Triple Battles allow you to get a Base 100 Hex with a single turn. That and Levitate give Rotom quite a standing in Doubles/Triples. Shadow Ball can stay with Sweepers there.
    Hmm... Me First? That's almost never used in competitive battles. And besides, Rotom-A does a great job of spreading paralysis, so Hex could still work.

    Other than that, I'm sure I'll see Shadow Ball on sweeper sets and Hex on status spreader sets.
    Pokemon B/W OU Future Team:



    Pokemon B/W Uber Future Team:



    Pokemon B/W Battle Subway Future Team:



    These teams are currently in the process of construction.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Hm..."status form" sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure if I like your set.

    Rotom Wash
    Timid or Bold/252HP/252sp.def, Sp.attack, or speed.
    -Thunder Wave
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Toxic/Confuse Ray/Pain Split
    -Volt Change

    The trick is to cripple a pokemon that would otherwise but a dent in your team. You could stick with maximum speed to spread it quickly, or maximum defense to take some hits and cripple more pokemon. Thunderwave minimizes the enemy's speed, so I'd stick with defense, though speed is still an option. Will-o-Wisp will split the enemy's attack in half, which a Chansy or some other special wall would love. Toxic does more damage every turn, but seeing as most stallers have it already, confuse ray could work for some parafusion. Pain split will help it recover from damage taken before. Volt Change is to do damage while swapping at at the same time.

    It's form was chosen for the best defensive typing it gets.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 17th June 2011 at 9:50 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 90 Points
    I need to finish Bravely Default, Mega Man 2, my Pokemon Emerald Nuzloche, and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I want to do all of this by October 3rd.
    Since when did playing video require so much schedule management?

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Why are you asking...?
    Posts
    2,836

    Default

    I've found the following two to be great.


    Rotom Spin w/ Lefties
    Bold Nature, 252HP, 158Def, 100SpDef
    Thunder Wave
    Confuse Ray
    Air Slash
    Hex/Discharge/Volt Switch/Pain Split

    This set is great fun to use. Typically you want to lead off with T-Wave, then use Confuse Ray, as dropping their speed with Paralysis will almost always allow you to get off Confuse Ray before they can attack again. Air Slash is for Parafusion Flinching, obviously. Hex is an interesting option for hitting opponents hard after you've statused them. Discharge has note for being alterior STAB, and for the ability to paralyze Magic Bounce/Coat users. Volt Switch can be used if you want to take advantage of your target's addled status to have something scary stat up on them, or just to scout. Pain Split is recovery, duh.



    The other is this one which incorporates a strategy that once surprised me in Random Matchup.

    Rotom Heat
    Timid/Modest nature, 252 Speed, 252 SpAtk, 6 Def
    Overheat
    Volt Switch
    Thunderbolt
    HP Ice/Will-o-Wisp/T-Wave/Pain Split/YAYFILLER

    Overheat deals massive damage, yet lowers your SpAtk by two stages. You can rectify this by switching out with Volt Switch. Those two moves are the Crux of the set. T-Bolt is for when you want to go on the offensive with electric, as it's a huge 25pwr stronger than Volt Switch, doesn't force you to switch, and is more reliable than Overheat. The last move... Well, HP Ice gives you stupidly good coverage, nabbing dragons and Rocky Grounds that would otherwise laugh in your face. Will-o-Wisp and T-Wave have surprisingly good value, as you could cripple a pokemon your opponent brought in after Overheat, hoping to be able to set up or some such as they take a weak -2 Volt Switch. Pain Split is recovery, if you want it.

    The second one could also be used on Mow forme, with Leaf Storm instead of Overheat.
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

    Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Georgia. I'm very southern.
    Posts
    432

    Default

    *Walks in*

    I hadn't noticed a week had passed. Well, I'll just post a set then. Hopefully with OK results. I've never used a Rotom, so I've got no clue.

    Dual Screens?
    Form: Mow Rotom
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Bold
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP, 132 SDef, 124 Def
    -Leaf Storm
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Volt Switch

    Might be able to pull it off. I chose Mow Rotom for no reason except he has the psychotic look on his face, so you could do this with Wash Rotom or Heat Rotom probably equally or better. Now, to the set; Lefties heal, Bold raises Defence, EVs for defences, Reflect and Light Screen for Defending, Leaf Storm and Volt Switch for Offence and getaway. Just whatever now.


    Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!







    I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMSandStormSBBZ View Post
    Hmm... Me First? That's almost never used in competitive battles. And besides, Rotom-A does a great job of spreading paralysis, so Hex could still work.

    Other than that, I'm sure I'll see Shadow Ball on sweeper sets and Hex on status spreader sets.
    Very true about Me First, but it does have a few users behind it (like Mienshao or Xatu) that can cause an upset (or two) due to Speed and a usable Sp.Atk. Can be very hectic for Ghost Types if you aren't careful and/or your opponent is unorthodox to the point of confusion on your part.

    I agree with the Rotom-A statement, but I wanted to do something with more status support than offense and still have both STABs. Plus, you still have to deal with Limber Pokemon (like Hitmonlee) and fast(-ish) Ground Types (like Mold Breaker Excadrill) without the aid of Electric Moves' Paralysis.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In the World of Pokemon
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Very true about Me First, but it does have a few users behind it (like Mienshao or Xatu) that can cause an upset (or two) due to Speed and a usable Sp.Atk. Can be very hectic for Ghost Types if you aren't careful and/or your opponent is unorthodox to the point of confusion on your part.

    I agree with the Rotom-A statement, but I wanted to do something with more status support than offense and still have both STABs. Plus, you still have to deal with Limber Pokemon (like Hitmonlee) and fast(-ish) Ground Types (like Mold Breaker Excadrill) without the aid of Electric Moves' Paralysis.
    Whoops, I forgot to say that Rotom-A is also very good at spreading burns. So a set of Discharge / Will-o' wisp / Filler / Filler with Modest with 252 SAtk / 168 Def / 88 SDef could try to play as a tank... to an extent.
    Pokemon B/W OU Future Team:



    Pokemon B/W Uber Future Team:



    Pokemon B/W Battle Subway Future Team:



    These teams are currently in the process of construction.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In the World of Pokemon
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WeatherEffectRain View Post
    *Walks in*

    I hadn't noticed a week had passed. Well, I'll just post a set then. Hopefully with OK results. I've never used a Rotom, so I've got no clue.

    Dual Screens?
    Form: Mow Rotom
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Bold
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP, 132 SDef, 124 Def
    -Leaf Storm
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Volt Switch

    Might be able to pull it off. I chose Mow Rotom for no reason except he has the psychotic look on his face, so you could do this with Wash Rotom or Heat Rotom probably equally or better. Now, to the set; Lefties heal, Bold raises Defence, EVs for defences, Reflect and Light Screen for Defending, Leaf Storm and Volt Switch for Offence and getaway. Just whatever now.
    I'm sure that when it comes to dual screening, there is no Rotom-A form that is better than Rotom-W when it all comes down to dual screening. With only one weakness to Grass (2x compared to Swampert's 4x weakness to Grass) that's easily to play around with by slapping Choice Band Scizor on your team. And besides; Magnezone may have more resistances, but Rotom-W has a Ground immunity and a lone weakness to Grass, it has it's perks over other Rotom-A and Magnezone.
    Pokemon B/W OU Future Team:



    Pokemon B/W Uber Future Team:



    Pokemon B/W Battle Subway Future Team:



    These teams are currently in the process of construction.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Even with HP [ice], Rotom-W can't do much to Haxorus as he outspeeds it to earthquake it to a OHKO, thanks to his Mold Breaker. The same applies to Rotom-H. Oh and I think Jolteon can also counter Rotom-W, especially those with Rain Dance since it can Thunder for a 2HKO. He is also immune to Electric so it can't just Volt Switch. Just watch out for Hydro Pump. Another one for Rotom-H, Lanturn. He can faint it through surfs and resists everything except ghost and HP.

    Basically, the counter for the rotoms is to resist it's STABS and hit back hard.

    Paralyze abuser@Wise Glasses
    252 SpA, 252 Speed
    Timid (+Speed, -Atk), Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
    Electro Ball
    Thunder Wave
    Hex
    HP [Grass]

    Thunder Wave to cripple opponents and lower it's speed.
    Electro Ball to hit for increased power since your lowering the opponents speed with Thunder Wave.
    Hex to hit for 150 base power counting STAB after you paralyzed your opponent.
    I put HP [Grass] to hit ground types and Lanturn since they are immune to Thunder Wave, but feel free to put HP [Ice] instead.
    Last edited by JolteonisUber; 18th June 2011 at 5:42 AM. Reason: Missed something.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Georgia. I'm very southern.
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Well I did say I just chose Mowtom because he looks like a psycho.

    Also, I run Me First on my Mewtwo in Ubers, Palkia doesn't like Spacial Rend coming to him. *Example*

    And, uh... I said nothing about Magnezone. Was it an example? I didn't catch it if it was...
    Last edited by WeatherEffectRain; 18th June 2011 at 8:36 PM.


    Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!







    I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •