Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 324

Thread: The Abyssal Ruins (and other Ancient Legends)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hiatus
    Posts
    7,732

    Default The Abyssal Ruins (and other Ancient Legends)

    So... the Abyssal Ruins.

    This locale, accessed by Dive in four specific spots in Undella Bay, is a labyrinth filled with ancient relics and artifacts dating back to over 3,000 years ago. Traversing this underwater location requires swiftness--for something forces you back to the surface after spending too much time in the ruins' passageways--as well as intuition and much foresight, so as to see what key items and abilities one must possess to unlock deeper floors in the ruins. In the deepest chamber, there is a room containing nothing but a crown--implying that it is perhaps a throne room, and that the ruins are the remains of an ancient sunken palace, castle, or kingdom.

    Written on the walls and pillars within these ruins are various stanzas of ancient text that must be deciphered by the player.

    (After traversing through the ruins and obtaining every artifact, I did not have the energy or patience to try deciphering this text. I found a translation of the Japanese text and decided to just read that instead.)


    When put all together into a complete scripture, the text reads:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Text in the Abyssal Ruins
    Listen to King's words.
    Primes lead to truth.
    King is brave.
    King never loses hope.
    King is kind.
    King has a dream.
    King is adventurous.
    King accepts all.
    King turns 2nd corner.
    King turns 3rd corner.
    King turns 5th corner.
    King turns 7th corner.
    Have the heart of King.
    Here we praise King.
    King's light shines.
    King moves his people.
    King acts with love.
    King fought hatred.
    No king gets lost.
    Go on, brave king.

    Life is gratitude.
    Eating is receiving life.
    Good or evil isn't all.
    Do not be barbaric.
    One must not waste.
    All is precious.
    Wars create tears.

    King talks to all beings.
    Saved all from waves.
    King is hope for all.
    Think act with love.

    King defeated ③ alone.
    ④ joined King in a day.
    King called ⑤ beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King ⑥.

    The final stanza contains four symbols (marked as the 3, 4, 5, and 6) that are not recognizable or translatable, indicating that these symbols perhaps denote the names of people or Pokemon. Various theories exist for which symbols mean what, if this text is a legend or a prophecy, and what significance it plays in conjunction with the current popular Unova legends, as well as in a future incarnate of Black and White (that is, Grey).

    What do you make of all of this?
    Is this text speaking of events that happened 3,000 years before the events of Black and White? Is this text foretelling of events that, 3,000 years ago, had not yet come to pass? Or neither? And what relation might these ruins have to the Dragonspiral Tower that lies north of Icirrus City, or to the Relic Castle, buried in the sands of the Resort Desert?

    ------------------------------------

    In addition, this thread may also be used to discuss other Unova Legends, such as the myth concerning the twin brothers and Zekrom and Reshiram. Icirrus City is a big location for myths, as the Dragonspiral Tower, one of the oldest standing structures in Unova, looms over the city. However, various myths are found in other areas as well. Discuss each legend and how they all connect to form Unova's ancient history here!
    /

    Current Omega Ruby team plan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    525,600 miles away from you.
    Posts
    205

    Default

    WHY? WHY IS IT NOT 1, 2, 3, 4?

    Just needed to know.

    Also, How 'bout them brothers?
    This is Marcus. He likes Owl City. C+P him in your sig if you're awesome like him. (Started by Fanal!)

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    I am also an Eternal Ferriswheelshipper! Credit to LunGhost.

    Copy the above Pokemon into your signature if you know how they relate to each other. (Started by Eternal Draconic)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Route 123, looking for Celebi
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    So what's with the untranslated symbols being marked 3-6 instead of 1-4? I've seen it related to the Pokedex numbers of the three dragons and Landorus, but was that the only reason those numbers were chosen?


    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    So what's with the untranslated symbols being marked 3-6 instead of 1-4? I've seen it related to the Pokedex numbers of the three dragons and Landorus, but was that the only reason those numbers were chosen?
    I think it's actually because of the "5th" and "7th" corners the king turns. The numbers 5 and 7 are the first two "untranslated" symbols because both are "symbol" followed by "th" (unlike 2nd and 3rd, which have unique endings and can be easily distinguished from that fact). We know one is 5 and one is 7 from the way the corners are on the later floors, but which symbol is which number isn't known.

    So those two take up the first two "untranslated" marks, even though we technically know what they are (just not which is which), and the remaining 4 are numbered 3-6. The numbers were not selected based on Pokedex numbers and the symbols' relations to the Pokemon with those numbers is only speculation at this point.
    Last edited by Ememew; 22nd October 2011 at 8:37 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    So what's with the untranslated symbols being marked 3-6 instead of 1-4? I've seen it related to the Pokedex numbers of the three dragons and Landorus, but was that the only reason those numbers were chosen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    I think it's actually because of the "5th" and "7th" corners the king turns. The numbers 5 and 7 are the first two "untranslated" symbols because both are "symbol" followed by "th" (unlike 2nd and 3rd, which have unique endings and can be easily distinguished from that fact). We know one is 5 and one is 7 from the way the corners are on the later floors, but which symbol is which number isn't known.

    So those two take up the first two "untranslated" marks, even though we technically know what they are (just not which is which), and the remaining 4 are numbered 3-6. The numbers were not selected based on Pokedex numbers and the symbols' relations to the Pokemon with those numbers is only speculation at this point.
    In the actual game data, they are represented with simply ③, ④, ⑤ and ⑥. So only Game Freak would be able to answer why. :/
    (ENOLA③DETAEFEDGNIK YADANIGNIKDENIOJ④ SGNIEB⑤DELLACGNIK ERUTUFDNAEPOHSIGNIK ⑥GNIKTAERGEHT)
    The corner numbers are however, encoded as ordinary 2,3,5 and 7, so whoever popularised the symbols ③④⑤⑥ would know the corner numbers are 2357. (RENROCDN2SNRUTGNIK RENROCDR3SNRUTGNIK RENROCHT5SNRUTGNIK RENROCHT7SNRUTGNIK)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Woaaaah the Abyssal Ruins text is crazy!! I want answers. Pronto.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Pokemon grey is going to involve the 3 genies, as well as Reshiram and Zekrom. That makes the 5 the being called upon. I think this is hinting the Sequel to black and white.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

    Clearly Mega Ampharos has been sharing its beauty secrets with Altaria.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    113

    Default

    The Abyssal Ruins are also in World of Warcraft.

    EDIT: Nope, the Abysal Depths are in WoW, not any ruins.
    Last edited by Mangoes; 15th June 2011 at 2:59 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,836

    Default

    Well that's just peachy.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    42,774

    Default

    I'm surprised that people managed to translate the text from the Abyssal Ruins. I know that it happened a long time ago, but I'm still surprised that they did it quickly. Anyway, I don't really get what the translation is saying, but that's probably because some parts seem to be missing. If I knew what those numbers represented, I bet it would make things a little more clear. For now, my favorite myth is the Kyurem myth told in Lacunosa Town.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In Equator of Emerald
    Posts
    807

    Default

    I've read that in bulbapedia forum, what kind of letter it use?

  12. #12

    Default

    Man that's sick.

    I almost went crazy when I found out you could dive in this game!

    But was disappointed that you could only do it in one area of the game.

    But went crazy again when I actually dove!


    Retro Game Collector

    Long Time Pokemon Player

    Lisa Mitchell = <3

    Serebii.net Battle Record!
    32-19

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,686

    Default

    just a bit of additions

    Listen to King's words.
    Primes lead to truth.
    King is brave.
    King never loses hope.
    King is kind.
    King has a dream.
    King is adventurous.
    King accepts all.
    King turns 2nd corner.
    King turns 3rd corner.
    King turns 5th corner.
    King turns 7th corner.
    Have the heart of King.
    Here we praise King.
    King's light shines.
    King moves his people.
    King acts with love.
    King fought hatred.
    No king gets lost. <- the words that will appear on the 1st floor's middle pillar if you took more than 190 steps to reach the middle pillar.
    Go on, brave king. <- the words that will appear on the 1st floor's middle pillar if you took less than 190 steps to reach the middle pillar. If you get this words, you will be granted access to the 2nd floor.

    Life is gratitude.
    Eating is receiving life.
    Good or evil isn't all.
    Do not be barbaric.
    One must not waste.
    All is precious.
    Wars create tears.
    Shine if agreed. <- the words that appears on the pillar on 2nd floor that allows access to the 3rd floor, this words refer to the move Flash you must use to unlock the path to the 3rd floor.


    King talks to all beings.
    Saved all from waves.
    King is hope for all.
    Think act with love.
    Act strong if agreed. <- the words that appears on the pillar on 3rd floor that allows access to the 4th floor, this words refer to the move Strength you must use to unlock the path to the 4th floor.

    King defeated ③ alone.
    ④ joined King in a day.
    King called ⑤ beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King ⑥.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia, Earth.
    Posts
    767

    Default

    I made it to the bottom and got the crown by luck. Too bad I spent all the money on TM's and items...But I looked at a map on the internet to get all the items I didn't collect.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    That was actually quite interesting to read, I eagerly await the next instalment that expands on these myths and legends
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    145

    Default

    I heard that in the last text the untranslatable symbols are switched between each version. That might indicate that they are talking about version exclusive pokemon (resh and zek oviously).
    I'll be really disappointed if they do nothing with this in the 3rd version. Mabye you need to go to Undella before E4 and explore the ruins? (kyurem is in giant chasm, which is in northeast unova, so we might need to go there anyway)
    Also the crown you get in the last room looks like the crown you see when Ghetsis crowns N.
    And it's annoying that you can't translate the text there. I loved reading unown script. I wonder how the japanese mamaged to translate it.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srullic View Post
    I heard that in the last text the untranslatable symbols are switched between each version. That might indicate that they are talking about version exclusive pokemon (resh and zek oviously).
    I'll be really disappointed if they do nothing with this in the 3rd version. Mabye you need to go to Undella before E4 and explore the ruins? (kyurem is in giant chasm, which is in northeast unova, so we might need to go there anyway)
    Also the crown you get in the last room looks like the crown you see when Ghetsis crowns N.
    And it's annoying that you can't translate the text there. I loved reading unown script. I wonder how the japanese mamaged to translate it.
    This just gave me a crazy realisation that maybe the ruins are the remains of N's Castle. But I guess in the game, the castle looked dramatically different when you do the E4. But it is a very large castle, so who knows
    Pokemon Black FC: 1635 6744 2837

    Pokemon I need:


    Pokemon I can offer for trade:
    All starters, most non-legendary pokemon.
    I trade legendaries for legendaries because that's only fair
    PM me for a trade

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In your cereal.
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giratina_Angel View Post
    This just gave me a crazy realisation that maybe the ruins are the remains of N's Castle. But I guess in the game, the castle looked dramatically different when you do the E4. But it is a very large castle, so who knows
    Impossible. The ruins are ancient.

    N's castle was built during Ghetsis' lifetime through the labor of abused Pokemon.
    Black FC: 4083 5723 8887

  19. #19

    Default

    I always thought that Kyurem was there until i read Bulbapedia. =P

    Mahou Shoujou Megumi Magica

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In your cereal.
    Posts
    241

    Default

    I've lurked around the Bulbagarden thread. http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/und...iphered-86617/ They have some very interesting theories going around.

    I personally view this writings as a prophecy. Mostly one that fortells the events in the game, but maybe also fortold for the absolute ending for the war of the brothers/their sons.

    What I find most interesting, and what let me to consider this prophecy to link to the old war is this.

    King defeated ③ alone.
    ④ joined King in a day.
    King called ⑤ beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King ⑥.

    Zekrom and Reshiram are 3 and 4, interchangeable in the game. And 6 is believed by some to be Kyurem, since 5 would be Landorous if we go by dex order.

    King deafeats Zekrom/Reshiram with Kyurem, but in the process the other dragon (and it's human partner hero brother/cousin) joins King.

    If I continue on with this theory, "Primes lead to Truth" would make me think Reshiram and it's human joined King, thus King and Kyurem defeat Zekrom.



    But that's just crazy theories and may very well be wrong. xD



    Looking forward to seeing this discussed further here.
    Last edited by Kameinu; 15th June 2011 at 7:55 PM.
    Black FC: 4083 5723 8887

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hiatus
    Posts
    7,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srullic View Post
    I heard that in the last text the untranslatable symbols are switched between each version. That might indicate that they are talking about version exclusive pokemon (resh and zek oviously).
    Or, possibly, Tornadus and Thundurus.

    Quote Originally Posted by srullic
    And it's annoying that you can't translate the text there. I loved reading unown script. I wonder how the japanese mamaged to translate it.
    Me too. :/ It apparently was translated within a week of the game being released.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kameinu View Post
    I've lurked around the Bulbagarden thread. http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/und...iphered-86617/ They have some very interesting theories going around.

    I personally view this writings as a prophecy. Mostly one that fortells the events in the game, but maybe also fortold for the absolute ending for the war of the brothers/their sons.
    This is what I'm thinking, that it's a prophecy, not so much a legend (unless history is repeating itself).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kameinu
    What I find most interesting, and what let me to consider this prophecy to link to the old war is this.

    King defeated ③ alone.
    ④ joined King in a day.
    King called ⑤ beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King ⑥.

    Zekrom and Reshiram are 3 and 4, interchangeable in the game. And 6 is believed by some to be Kyurem, since 5 would be Landorous if we go by dex order.

    King deafeats Zekrom/Reshiram with Kyurem, but in the process the other dragon (and it's human partner hero brother/cousin) joins King.

    If I continue on with this theory, "Primes lead to Truth" would make me think Reshiram and it's human joined King, thus King and Kyurem defeat Zekrom.
    But then, if 6 is Kyurem, wouldn't that mean that Kyurem is king, and that it defeated one Dragon and was joined by the other?

    I think King is a person, and that 6 could also be a name... not of a Pokemon, but of a person. Possibly the player? 3 would be Reshiram in White and Zekrom in Black, while 4 would be Reshiram in Black and Zekrom in White. I have no clue what 5 can be, it sounds like it's a plural word, and it has to be relating to Pokemon or something else that doesn't have an English counterpart. So maybe... it's relating to a specific group of Legendaries? The Dragon trio? Pokemon in general?
    /

    Current Omega Ruby team plan

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In The Heart Of Pokemon
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Or, possibly, Tornadus and Thundurus.



    Me too. :/ It apparently was translated within a week of the game being released.



    This is what I'm thinking, that it's a prophecy, not so much a legend (unless history is repeating itself).



    But then, if 6 is Kyurem, wouldn't that mean that Kyurem is king, and that it defeated one Dragon and was joined by the other?

    I think King is a person, and that 6 could also be a name... not of a Pokemon, but of a person. Possibly the player? 3 would be Reshiram in White and Zekrom in Black, while 4 would be Reshiram in Black and Zekrom in White. I have no clue what 5 can be, it sounds like it's a plural word, and it has to be relating to Pokemon or something else that doesn't have an English counterpart. So maybe... it's relating to a specific group of Legendaries? The Dragon trio? Pokemon in general?
    But 5 must be pokemon and 6 is a hint to B&W 2 king being kyurem!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    704

    Default

    From looking at that I think the king refers to the player as the door to the second floor says "Go on Brave king" if you get there in time, of course you can then "go on" up to the second floor therefore implying that your are the king.

    If it is the crown put on N then perhaps it was a place to store the crown and test N or ther person to replace him to see if they are worthy? Makes no sense if it is N since he would already have the crown.

    In all honesty I just thought it was a temple that sunk thousands of years ago and the goods inside were the treasures the civilisation left behind. Seems simple enough, temples are known in media and myth to have booby traps, the torrent could just be one of those. The people who left it could have caused it to sink and set the torrent to make sure a worthy person got the treasure.

    When I first went in I thought there was a big Pokemon at the bottom/top due to the rumbling but as i'd already pretty much memorised the 5th gen dex I couldn't think what one it could be, then I was flushed out.

    I do love the money we get from the items though =D That'll keep me going for a while.

    Another thought - Possible Keldeo location in later events/games? It is part water.

    Unless we already know how to get Keldeo when it comes around.

    Also the plates presence makes me think perhaps something to do with Arceus?
    But really where are you supposed to get the plates if they're not in some obscure temple under the sea?

    My shiny team. Do not ask for a battle, they're just for personal taste.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2131a2w.png[/IMG]
    Come and join if you have a love of breeding pokemon, want to share your knowledge or want to start!
    Credit shinydoug for the BC banner.

    Flareon can learn Flare Blitz.
    http://oi54.*******.com/otdgr8.jpg

    I have a box and a half full of Adamant Mold Breaker Axew. Some are Jolly. PM/VM if interested in one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pucca_ness View Post
    From looking at that I think the king refers to the player as the door to the second floor says "Go on Brave king" if you get there in time, of course you can then "go on" up to the second floor therefore implying that your are the king.
    After reading that, I presume that the player is a descendant of King and which that is why they reference the player as King.

    White 2:Black 2:White:Black:

    HeartGold: SoulSilver: Platinum:

    FireRed: LeafGreen: Emerald:

    Pokemon Y

    Pokemon X(Wonderlocke)

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Downtown Abbey
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconx03 View Post
    After reading that, I presume that the player is a descendant of King and which that is why they reference the player as King.
    OR...

    The ruins were originally designed for the people's king to go into, or a descendant, which may or may not be the player. I mean, what with the technological advances in a few thousand years, I think bloodline is nearly, if not entirely, obsolete. :/

    My Friend Safari is Light type.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •