Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Abyssal Ruins (and other Ancient Legends)

#3 looks like it could correspond to manaphy and becuse he lives in the drifting ruins and he was prince of the sea
    #4 could stand for lugias ocarina
    #5 xcould stand for the water type pokemon
    #6 ?
    Last edited by mastero2101@yahoo.com; 11th December 2011 at 8:37 PM.
    pokemon y-5215-1007-9222- gira
    Friend safari - electric - snorunt,piloswine. beartic
    acomplishments-
    completed all kalos dex's
    completed national dex

What you've theorized is a mix of anime-only elements and Pokémon from previous generations. They will never incorporate the former and they have no reason to give more spotlight to the latter.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by vbgcpacoca View Post
    I was thinking about the game and i remembered something( please correct me if i'm wrong)

N found his legendary dragon at the Dragonspiral Tower

i don't remember who said, but someone said that they found clues about the orb that would give the player a chance to capture it's legendary dragon at the Relic Castle

finally, i have a theory that maybe the Abyssal Ruins was connected with the third legendary dragon( Kyurem), and after the event that made the ruins sunk, kyurem went to the Giant Chasm, so he could stay there, and come to think, the Giant Chasm is close to the Abyssal Ruins
    I know this is an old comment, but if the Abyssal Ruins are connected to a Legendary Pokemon, I think it being Kyurem makes sense for this reason.

Especially because it adds some sort of symmetry to Unova. Think about it:

-In the Northwest, there is Dragonspiral Tower, connected to the Tao trio.
    -In the Mid-South, there is the Relic Castle, which is apparently connected to the Tao Trio, and the original location of the Dark/Light Stone.
    -In the Southeast, there is the Giant Chasm, home to a member of the Tao Trio, just north of the third ancient ruins site in Unova, the Abyssal Ruins.

However, the people of Lacunosa say that, according to myth, Kyurem appeared in a comet. I'm not sure how these two myths work together. :s Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking that maybe, Kyurem didn't appear in a comet, but was the "comet" itself. Would this event have to do with sinking of the Abyssal Ruins? Perhaps Kyurem sank them, tried to fly north, but plummeted to the earth due to his poor shape just outside of Lacunosa Town?

I like to think there was 2 kingdoms, Relic Castle, and Abyssal Ruins were each the 2 capitols. Dragon Spiral Tower was the neutral ground where either Kingdom could meet to disscuss kingdom stuff.

When the kingdom that would become the Abyssal Ruins sank, that Kingdom's dragon retreated to Dragon Spiral Tower, while the one in Relic Castle stayed in it's town.

Some sort of disaster struck, sinking the east kingdom, and turning the west kingdom into a harsh desert.

With Kyurem I have a little though of how it happened.

I say the original dragon(you know the one that the Tao Trio were before the split) flew up high into the sky before it split, which in turn would cause the corpse a.k.a Kyurem to come plumeting to the Earth. Now, as an Ice type Kyurem's body would heat up upon re-entry causing it to appear as a comet. Upon impact a giant shockwave caused the water around the impact zone(which would later become known as the Giant Chasm) to create a tsunami which traveled south and sunk the the ancient civilization that would later become known as the Abyssal Ruins.

A little bit more about Kyurem, if we consider what I mentioned above, it would explain why Kyurem appears more broken than it would be normally, since it is asymetrical. With the Legend of Lucanosa about Kyurem eating people and pokemon alike could be true as he appears as a corpse(zombie anyone), appears to be damaged and could be trying to heal itself, and with being an absence of energy hence the Ice typing and can no longer keep a steady source of energy like Resiram/Zekrom(I consider these guys the/a physical embodient of Thermal/Electrical Energy respectively, so they do not require an external energy source since they are/produce it.). So Kyurem is required to eat or suck out the energy of other organisms in order to still function. This is all the myths I recall involving Kyurem.

This is all in my opinion and the way I see how these events transpired, so both myths can be true.
    Last edited by shadow wolf; 3rd January 2012 at 6:25 AM.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

I've been reading a lot of this thread, and I haven't seen the theory I'm most interested in.
    For me, because I have White:
    'King defeated Reshiram alone.
    Reshiram joined King in a day. (Since, if you defeat a Pokemon, you have the chance to catch it and it will be 'yours', essentially)
    King called Pokemon 'beings'. (I really like this theory!)
    The great King, N.'
    In Black, you would replace Reshiram with Zekrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple-chan View Post
    I've been reading a lot of this thread, and I haven't seen the theory I'm most interested in.
    Reshiram joined King in a day. (Since, if you defeat a Pokemon, you have the chance to catch it and it will be 'yours', essentially)
    The great King, N.'
    Heeeey, that makes sense!

A lot of sense!
    but what about grey? ._.

My Friend Safari is Light type.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple-chan View Post
    The great King, N.'
    Thats not possible.

The lines...

"King defeated ? alone.
    ? joined King in a day."

Have a different character in place of the ?. Who King defeats isn't who joined him.
    Black FC: 4083 5723 8887

King defeated ③ alone.
    ④ joined King in a day.
    King called ⑤ beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King ⑥.

Its said that reshiram and zekrom came from one dragon with the dispute from the brothers , kyurem was thought to be the leftover corpse.

its also thought that kyurem could have other signature moves but cannot learn it yet.
    its ice burn and freeze shock so he gets either when united with one of them im guessing so

3 Reshiram/Zekrom depending
    4 Reshiram/Zekrom depending
    5 im not sure
    6 Kyurem

well thats my theory
    5 im not sure about thats the tricky part for i kinda think its not connected with this

i got this info of kyurem zekrom and reshiram from bulbapedia
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/eqz1hf.gif[/IMG]

I always thought the Abyssal Ruins had something to do with Sinnoh lore. You find plates that belong to Arceus and Cynthia is interested in investigating it.

Which still brings us back to the fact that they have nothing to gain by promoting old material when there's still more than plenty they can do with the current generation's material.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Pucca_ness View Post
    From looking at that I think the king refers to the player as the door to the second floor says "Go on Brave king" if you get there in time, of course you can then "go on" up to the second floor therefore implying that your are the king.
    After reading that, I presume that the player is a descendant of King and which that is why they reference the player as King.

Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Omega Ruby

Alpha Sapphire

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Hihidarmanitan View Post
    I always thought the Abyssal Ruins had something to do with Sinnoh lore. You find plates that belong to Arceus and Cynthia is interested in investigating it.
    thats what i thought its kinda weird considering that next gen there probally redoing sinnoh maybe it will be the release of that game when we solve the mystery
    <3 my pkmn black fc: 0733 4048 8398

Quote Originally Posted by Falconx03 View Post
    After reading that, I presume that the player is a descendant of King and which that is why they reference the player as King.
    OR...

The ruins were originally designed for the people's king to go into, or a descendant, which may or may not be the player. I mean, what with the technological advances in a few thousand years, I think bloodline is nearly, if not entirely, obsolete. :/

My Friend Safari is Light type.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Which still brings us back to the fact that they have nothing to gain by promoting old material when there's still more than plenty they can do with the current generation's material.
    About the only non-Gen V Pokemon I would think would be related to the Ruins (or anything else in Unova) is Regigigas, and that's only because of the need to have Gen III games or an event to get it in the generation it was introduced in. Difficulty in obtainability, unless they're planning on having it in Hoenn remakes with its Regi-brethren, might be enough to include it in a Unova title.

And I will say that this would not be the first time a previous-generation legendary has made it into a 3rd game for a generation's region, precedent being the Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres roaming Sinnoh in the Platinum post-game.

I agree that it would make much more sense to promote current-gen legends with the Ruins, especially since they have a good chance of being linked to the main story by the third game (especially by virtue of the symbols that switch depending on which version of the game you have*). But even though I see it being more likely to relate to Unovan Pokemon, I can see some reasons for them to promote a previous-gen Pokemon in Unova, if not necessarily through the Abyssal Ruins.

*I see this as the main evidence that the Ruins, at least, are probably related to Unovan Pokemon, as no previous-Gen legends are B/W version exclusives, whereas Reshiram, Zekrom, Tornadus, and Thundurus fit that bill in B/W. Previous Gen things might be related to other areas, but since the Abyssal Ruins' runes are linked to differences in the Black and White games, they're probably related to Unovan Pokemon.

EDIT: Just so there aren't misunderstandings, this is more of me thinking "out loud" than arguing a point. I just used your post as a jumping off point.
    Last edited by Ememew; 13th January 2012 at 4:41 AM.

This is really interesting! I bet the King refers to N? This entire legend could be explained more in Gray?

If you believe that the cuneiform was written long enough ago that the structure in which you find it now qualifies as "ancient ruins", then no, it likely doesn't refer to a character who's a teenager in the present day.

Some manner of deeper explanation in the third game is probable.

-----
    Words to|live by

Read this whole thread a few days ago, lots of interesting theories being thrown around here. Well, some are a little painful to try and read through... but for the most part, it really got me excited for the next game this gen! BW's story seems so much more intricate than any other game previous... I'm intrigued to find out the tales behind Kyurem. I highly doubt any previous gen Pokemon has anything to do with the Abyssal Ruins, it makes no sense that they would go to all this trouble to give a place to an older legendary. Its something to do with the Tao Trio, and a lot of things that are difficult to speculate about (the story of the brothers, the Relic Castle/Dragonspiral Tower) because we don't know enough yet. All I can say is that I'm definitely getting Gray (or whatever its called) when it comes out. Things like this just make me feel even more baffled when people say "the new Pokemon games suck"... earlier gens were fantastic too, but none of them had a plot like this one.
    3DS FC: 2664 3135 8148

White 2 FC: 1722 1004 9519
    White FC: 3396 3228 3911
    SS FC: 2150 3224 4558
    OT: Glen

Sorry if this has already been said, as I've only read the first few pages, but perhaps the plates have something to do with it; Maybe it was some tribe of people who thought Arceus was their king and so thats why all the plates are there, and "King" of course refers to him. just a thought.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal15 View Post
    OR...

The ruins were originally designed for the people's king to go into, or a descendant, which may or may not be the player. I mean, what with the technological advances in a few thousand years, I think bloodline is nearly, if not entirely, obsolete. :/
    This. I don't think they'd make the player a "descendant" of anyone. Since it's the player character (who is a silent protagonist), the player themselves is supposed to fill in all of the details about the protagonist themselves--which would include the player's history, lineage, ancestry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Claus351 View Post
    Sorry if this has already been said, as I've only read the first few pages, but perhaps the plates have something to do with it; Maybe it was some tribe of people who thought Arceus was their king and so thats why all the plates are there, and "King" of course refers to him. just a thought.
    The Abyssal Ruins being about or relating to Arceus is a pretty popular idea, it seems.

As BCVM has said, it's unlikely that they're using the Abyssal Ruins to promote a Pokemon from an older Generation--Arceus belonging in Abyssal Ruins would make sense if the Abyssal Ruins were an event-only area, specifically for Arceus distribution, I think.

I wouldn't say Arceus (or other past Legendaries, like Regigigas) couldn't be referenced in the Abyssal Ruins, but I think if any Legendary is supposed to be the focus here, it'd be a 5th Gen Legend. Kyurem makes the most sense, with it living so close to the Abyssal Ruins, and with Reshiram and Zekrom appearing respectively in the other two ancient structures in Unova.

I want to say that the "King," if it isn't a Pokemon, is an ancient member of Team Plasma, but that's saying quite a lot about Team Plasma, and indicates that it has a very long history. This, however, may contradict the dialogue of the seven sages, which often seems to hint that Ghetsis was the founder of Team Plasma. (Or, perhaps, the one who revived Team Plasma...?)
    Last edited by Grei; 26th January 2012 at 6:23 AM.

Lightbulb my view

i like the prophecy idea but lets consider this

King defeated ③ alone.
    ④ joined King in a day.
    King called ⑤ beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King ⑥.

3 could mean n/ghetsis
    4 possibly cheren and bianca
    5 maby means "all" reffering to the pokedex quest
    if "king" is the player then this could reffer to the player stopping ghetsis' plan to seperate humans and pokemon thus incurring hope for the future
    the great king [insert player name here]

At first I don't get these ruins. But as time passes, I got the relic crown xD and sold it for loads of money.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

My theory in Pokemon White is that the relic castle was where the brother who had Zekrom was and the brother with Resiram was in Dragon Spiral Tower. When the brothers went to stop the war the Ruins and Relic Castle was destroyed in the process so the people long forgot about Zekrom hence why no one knew about Zekrom in White and the other brother with Resiram remained and Rule over what was left of the kingdom.
    White FC 3869 2724 3144

And what does it do to the theory that Reshiram is important in Black where Zekrom is important in White and vice versa but neither game takes continuital priority over the other?

-----
    Words to|live by

i cant even get to the second floor
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast