Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Abyssal Ruins (and other Ancient Legends)

The thing about the Musketeers is that it's implied that they're equal (or at least Terrakion and Virizion). Considering that each of those symbols does different things, I doubt that they're the Musketeers.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    2, 3, 5, and 7 are primes. Primes lead to truth.
    I think Eternal Draconic may have been referring to the untranslated symbols being referred to as 3, 4, 5, and 6 rather than 1, 2, 3, and 4.     Spoiler:- this:
    rather than to the use of the "primes" (2, 3, 5, and 7). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, any ideas as to which number is "5" and which is "7" on the first floor? They both end with "th" unlike "2nd" and "3rd" so I'm not sure which is which. Though, now that I think about it, this is probably the answer to Eternal Draconic's question about why the untranslated markings are referred to as symbols "3" "4" "5" and "6" - because "1" and "2" denote the numbers 5 and 7 (figured to be either one or the other, so not marked by it in the quoted text in the first post).
    Last edited by Ememew; 18th June 2011 at 3:05 AM.

The abssayl ruins is so compicted!!!

What if it was referring to the musketeer trio:

King defeated ③ alone. <<< Cobalion defeated humans alone?

④ joined King in a day.<<< Keldeo joined king in a day?

King called ⑤ beings.<<< King called 2 beings? (Viziron + Terrakion?)

King is hope and future.

The great King ⑥.<<< The great king Cobalion?

Quote Originally Posted by burgermunch View Post

King is hope and future.

It makes some sense, but you gotta wonder why someone would build a temple to a Steel/Fighting-type under the ocean.

How do you know it wasn't built above the ocean then sank?

It seems that strange texts are becoming a trend in the games:

Kanto: Pokemon Mansion journals.
    Johto: Ruins of Alph.
    Hoenn: Sealed Chamber.
    Sinnoh: Solaceon Ruins/Old Chateau notebook.
    Unova: Undersea Ruins.

As for theories, I think it's simple when approached logically.

King = Mudkip
    I respect the trainers I beat more than the ones that beat me, because if I beat them that means they didn't ragequit.

How do you know it wasn't built above the ocean then sank?
    That might have happened. It would've been much easier to build a temple on land than underwater, so it's very possible that something happened and the temple sank.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Groudon View Post
    It seems that strange texts are becoming a trend in the games:

Kanto: Pokemon Mansion journals.
    Johto: Ruins of Alph.
    Hoenn: Sealed Chamber.
    Sinnoh: Solaceon Ruins/Old Chateau notebook.
    Unova: Undersea Ruins.
    I like the text at the Abyssal Ruins a lot more, though. It took a while for people to decipher it, so I'm sure a lot of work was put into making the Abyssal Ruins as mysterious as possible. I still haven't made it too far into the Abyssal Ruins, but I'm glad that it exists, since there's a story to be told there.

King is hope and future.

Swap both and it makes sense, because Keldeo Dex says that Musketeers saved him, so King should've called Vizi and Terra before Keldeo joining. That of course, renders said interpretation wrong.

My thoughs so far:

Spoiler:- Genie trio:

Of course it's just my fan wank, but i just want the Genie trio to get more involved into the story =P

Lost my games, so trading and battling is out of question

Please, try to figure it by yourself >_<
    ...Wait... I am a Slowpoke!!!???

I thought that it could've been a prophecy of somesort, like:

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssal Ruins
    King defeated ③ (Reshiram/Zekrom) alone
    ④ (Zekrom/Reshiram) joined King in a day
    King called ⑤ (Simply three? Or draconic?) beings
    King is hope and future.
    The great King ⑥ (Player)
    It seemed like a prophecy to me, however the fact that it's written in past tense is even more perplexing. I was wondering weather in the original Unova story of the two brothers, that there was an unknown third brother, i.e. a parallel of the player.

It could always be a documentation of history, however it could also have qualities of a prophecy if history is repeating itself. I dunno, but it's really intriguing.
    Running for the thrill of it

I think I got all the items in the Abyssal Ruins. I still need to get the Splash and Draco Plate on Route 13, I think.
    It's been a while.

Interesting theories. I love that Game Freak gave us something to look into this much, its really cool.

This whole thing brings to mind the evidence of other ancient civilizations in Unova, 3 in all. There's the Abyssal ruins, presumably a sunken empire. There was some kind of civilization in the desert, proven by both the ruins and Sigilyph's Pokedex description as a protector of an old civilization. Finally, there is evidence of an ancient civilization built in and around Dragonspiral Tower. According to the Pokedex, Golett and Golurk were created by humans as protectors of the people or that civilization. I wonder if these three peoples were at war, and possibly destroyed each other?

White FC: 3654-1880-7019

3DS FC: 2105-8751-4059

Quote Originally Posted by Radlin View Post
    I think I got all the items in the Abyssal Ruins. I still need to get the Splash and Draco Plate on Route 13, I think.
    You get those from a girl in a random house

Quote Originally Posted by IatosHaunted View Post
    Interesting theories. I love that Game Freak gave us something to look into this much, its really cool.

This whole thing brings to mind the evidence of other ancient civilizations in Unova, 3 in all. There's the Abyssal ruins, presumably a sunken empire. There was some kind of civilization in the desert, proven by both the ruins and Sigilyph's Pokedex description as a protector of an old civilization. Finally, there is evidence of an ancient civilization built in and around Dragonspiral Tower. According to the Pokedex, Golett and Golurk were created by humans as protectors of the people or that civilization. I wonder if these three peoples were at war, and possibly destroyed each other?
    I do not remember the legend that was told, but didn't it mention something about a war in Unova that the brothers stopped?
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter Tumblr

Who says they all weren't the part of one big empire? Remember there's also the two brothers. And there'd be a potential third player in all this if we take into consideration this supposed King.

Also, didn't those writings mention something of a wave? It could be a wave that sunk the underwater ruins.
    Black FC: 4083 5723 8887

King defeated Zekrom/Reshiram alone.
    Zekrom/Reshiram joined King in a day.
    King called Pokemon beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King, N.

The king being someone like N is incredibly obvious considering the Relic Crown is identical to the one he wears in the opening cutscene, and the king is said to "speak to all beings."

⑤ most likely refers to Pokemon as a whole. The symbol resembles a fish and hook, which reflects how Pokemon were just considered no better than food prior to Ancient!N declaring them to be beings like humans.

I don't know if the King is N exactly. Atleast when reffering to the past. If we refer to the present timeline I doubt the King is N, it feels more like it's Hilbert.

But I'm a fan of the thoery that the King is an ancestor of N or a past life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    The king being someone like N is incredibly obvious considering the Relic Crown is identical to the one he wears in the opening cutscene, and the king is said to "speak to all beings."
    But if the king was N then the first two sentences of your analogy make no sense. In the end of the game, N never defeated Reshiram/Zekrom, but he was defeated by them
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    But if the king was N then the first two sentences of your analogy make no sense. In the end of the game, N never defeated Reshiram/Zekrom, but he was defeated by them
    Then that could just mean that back then the N-like person won and the player is settling the score in the present.

If we think about the script as a whole, though, we realize that it's incredibly vague. Which pokemon, of the two, is the one that is defeated? Which one chose to follow the King? Remember, early on in the game, when Ghetsis said something about a prophecy....a vague one? In my opinion, this is that prophecy. Ghetsis, and N, both thought that this prophecy was talking about N. But then N loses to the main player; based on which version was played, either Reshiram or Zekrom JOINED the played, and the player DEFEATED the other dragon, owned by N.

As for the symbols, I think:
    3 refers to N
    4 refers to BOTH Reshiram AND Zekrom, which is why the prophecy was vague
    5 and 6 are tricky, I have no clue what they could even begin to mean....

Was the Abyssal Ruins the Kingdom for the guy who used the Dragon that was Zekrom and Reshiram before it split up?

And does the Relic Castle have any connection with the Abyssal Ruins?
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

This is a lot more confusing than the whole Regi-trio thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Was the Abyssal Ruins the Kingdom for the guy who used the Dragon that was Zekrom and Reshiram before it split up?

And does the Relic Castle have any connection with the Abyssal Ruins?
    They where two guys who used the one dragon and then it split to please both guys.

As I've mentioned. It's possible Abyssal Ruins and Relic castle and whatever else are all part of the same empire/kingdom. But could very well be seperate. We have ingame mention of the two brothers fighting each other, so factions where most likely created and the kingdom most likely split. And a third part is possible is we consider the possible King mentioned in the Abyssal writings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    King defeated Zekrom/Reshiram alone.
    Zekrom/Reshiram joined King in a day.
    King called Pokemon beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King, N.

⑤ most likely refers to Pokemon as a whole. The symbol resembles a fish and hook, which reflects how Pokemon were just considered no better than food prior to Ancient!N declaring them to be beings like humans.
    Ooh. I like this theory the most. ⑤ can't be referring to just one Pokémon as (for example) "Kyurem beings" wouldn't make sense. That's why I like yours the most. And the N theory is nice, and plausible.

I really like Unova's legends, as they're not simple. AT ALL. They're incredibly difficult to decipher, which I like, as previous regions had much more straight-forward stories. I'm awaiting Grey with high hopes for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by IatosHaunted View Post

I'm not sure that the Abyssal Ruins and the Relic Castle are related (spoiled in case people want to find out for themselves in-game):     Spoiler:- reasoning:

And to the people wondering why it would be built underwater, an NPC in the area states that the ruins sank, meaning they were built above the water.
    Last edited by Ememew; 27th June 2011 at 10:23 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast