Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Abyssal Ruins (and other Ancient Legends)

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    I'm not sure that the Abyssal Ruins and the Relic Castle are related (spoiled in case people want to find out for themselves in-game):     Spoiler:- reasoning:

And to the people wondering why it would be built underwater, an NPC in the area states that the ruins sank, meaning they were built above the water.
    We don't have an exact age, Cedric just says that the Dragonspiral Tower is the oldest building in Unova, and existed "before Unova was founded."

"OK. Give this story a listen. Dragonspiral Tower is said to be the Unova region's oldest building. Stories say it's the place where legendary Pokémon came to life or where they remain in deep slumber. I know it's just past Icirrus City, but that's all I know about it. That's all anyone knows, because no one has ever been inside. My daughter has wanted to investigate that tower for a long time. "What! There's something I don't know?!" That kind of feeling is pure adventure. And I'm not too old for some adventuring. Away I go to have a look at Dragonspiral Tower! Catch you later!"
    "That building serenely towering over everything is Dragonspiral Tower. From far in the past, before Unova was founded, it still stands tall today. On the top floor, so it's been told, the legendary Pokémon is waiting for a person seeking [the truth/ideals] to appear."
    "Ha! I guess you would be curious. Well, I'll explain briefly. Dragonspiral Tower has stood tall since long before Unova was founded. On the top floor, the legendary Dragon-type Pokémon waits for a person pursuing idealsB/seeking truthW to appear... That's what it said. Are you going to go after Team Plasma like your friend did? It's admirable of you to join the fight against Team Plasma, but it's risky, too."
    I wouldn't think it'd be too far of a stretch to think it was related to the Relic Castle or to the Abyssal Ruins. Anyone else notice how strange it is that the Dragonspiral Tower, the Relic Castle, and the Underwater Ruins are all very far away from one another?
    Last edited by Grei; 27th June 2011 at 10:33 PM.

Ah, so it's "the oldest building" without a specific time frame. Doesn't narrow it down much, does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    King defeated Zekrom/Reshiram alone.
    Zekrom/Reshiram joined King in a day.
    King called Pokemon beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King, N.

The king being someone like N is incredibly obvious considering the Relic Crown is identical to the one he wears in the opening cutscene, and the king is said to "speak to all beings."

⑤ most likely refers to Pokemon as a whole. The symbol resembles a fish and hook, which reflects how Pokemon were just considered no better than food prior to Ancient!N declaring them to be beings like humans.
    Pretty much my idea for ⑤, too (see previous page, it's in a spoiler box, though). Though I guessed that because of "beings" being plural rather than the shape of the symbol. Good to see that someone else thinks "Pokemon" would make sense there, though. Hopefully we'll find out by the release of the third game what these runes are referring to. I hope they play a role in-game instead of just being there for the sake of being there.

As for "King N," we already know what the symbol for the letter "N" looks like on the fourth floor (though the symbol could refer to his full name, I suppose). I'd prefer if it referred to one of N's ancestors or something, who he inherited his ability to speak with Pokemon from as opposed to being N himself. I don't know, I think I'd just prefer more insight into Unova's past than a prophecy that tells us what we already saw from beating N to get to the Ruins.

EDIT: The more I think about this, the more I wonder if I'm putting WAY too much thought into a Pokemon game the Abyssal Ruins are unrelated to the founding of Unova (meaning the symbols likely aren't Reshiram and Zekrom). I mean, Unova was founded by twin brothers (two), while the runes refer to a King (singular). Hmmm . . .
    Last edited by Ememew; 27th June 2011 at 11:31 PM.

^ I think that 6 refers to their father, or else Kyurem.
    This is Marcus. He likes Owl City. C+P him in your sig if you're awesome like him. (Started by Fanal!)

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I am also an Eternal Ferriswheelshipper! Credit to LunGhost.

Copy the above Pokemon into your signature if you know how they relate to each other. (Started by Eternal Draconic)

Abyssal Ruins, Relic Castle, and Dragonspirla Tower May have a connection to each other.
    I hope the 3rd game expands on those three ancient structures.

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    Ah, so it's "the oldest building" without a specific time frame. Doesn't narrow it down much, does it?
    It does a little bit. It tells us that Dragonspiral Tower was around for when the Relic Castle and Abyssal Ruins were built and used. We just don't know if it was build simultaneously or not.

Actually... now that I think about it, maybe it doesn't narrow it down.

Cedric says:
    From far in the past, before Unova was founded, it still stands tall today.
    He essentially says that the Dragonspiral Tower is the oldest standing building in Unova. It's possible, then, that he does not consider the Relic Castle or the Abyssal Ruins to be "standing." For all we know, he just meant that Dragonspiral Tower is the oldest building that hasn't become hidden or destroyed. Meaning that Dragonspiral Tower could really be younger than the Abyssal Ruins or the Relic Castle.

Getting those plates and artifacts was annoying. So was not knowing what the text said!

Userbars by MajinYoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Anyone else notice how strange it is that the Dragonspiral Tower, the Relic Castle, and the Underwater Ruins are all very far away from one another?
    I noticed that. It's also interesting that the Relic Castle was eventually covered in sand and the Abyssal 'Castle' was eventually submerged in water, whilst the Dragonspiral Tower remains standing. I was wondering whether each refers to, or honours, one of the Tao Trio. All three seem to have important links to the Unova Legends of the brothers, so they could easily be linked.
    Running for the thrill of it

From Grei:
    The Abyssal Ruins, according to the text associated with the items found there, are ruins of a 3,000 year old civilization. When visiting the Relic Castle in the post-game, Professor Juniper tells you that the Darmanitan outside the Castle's ruins have been dormant there for 2,500 years when she gives you the RageCandyBar to wake them. So unless the Darmanitan settled outside the castle 500 years after it was empty or if the civilization's main center remained functioning for 500 years after the other part of it fell, then they're not the same civilization. If they were at war and destroyed each other, as you suggested, they wouldn't have wiped each other out at the same time. The Castle civilization could have wiped out the Abyssal Ruins civilization 500 years before it fell itself, though. Does anything in-game give a hint as to the age of DragonSpiral Tower?
    Is it possible that the Darmanitan simply went dormant as the Castle civilization collapsed, and they guard the RUINS, not the civilization itself. It therefore stands to reason that they could have been built at the same time, and then one collapsed before the other, either as a result of fighting, or outside causes.
    Also, I think we need to think about the twins as well. If there are two hidden civilizations, and two twins, wouldn't it make sense that one controlled one kingdom, while the other controlled the other kingdom. THEN, the war that was fought between them wiped out one, then the other kingdom, Abyssal, then Castle.
    Dragonspiral does throw all of these theories for a spin (no pun intended). There's got to be more about it that nobody has found yet, somewhere...

Perhaps, the ruins hold a prophecy, that involves the player character.

3, being R/Z.
    4, being the other one.
    5, not quite sure...
    6, being the PC.
    This is Marcus. He likes Owl City. C+P him in your sig if you're awesome like him. (Started by Fanal!)

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I am also an Eternal Ferriswheelshipper! Credit to LunGhost.

Copy the above Pokemon into your signature if you know how they relate to each other. (Started by Eternal Draconic)

What does the Tao Trio have to do with the hidden ruins?
    I think that the aura in Dragonspiral that wakes up R/Z kept the tower standing, while Abbysal Ruins and Relic Castle had the aura absent.

Well The King could refer to you or N, most likely N, because he was given the crown in the beginning, but then how did the crown get to the bottom of the sea?

the N you defeat is a reincarnation of a past N.

The opening cutscene is of the past N.

And remember how Ghetsis split into 2 people at the Dreamyard?

Heres a theory. Ghetsis can send one side/color of him through time. So Ghetsis gave the past N the crown, setting up the prophecy for the present N.

Just a thought
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

To the poster above, Ghetsis' 2 images were merely Musharna's doing.

I'd like to point out that Relic Castle is built on a desert, Dragonspiral Tower reaches to the skies and Abyssal Ruins lies on the sea, perhaps having a connection of some sort.
    Latest RNG:

||Emboar| OT: Luis
    Brave | |Blaze| 31/31/31/5/31/0 | Hatched: Nuvema Town | 6/15/11
    |Flare Blitz | Hammer Arm | Wild Bolt | Earthquake|

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshock View Post
    To the poster above, Ghetsis' 2 images were merely Musharna's doing.

I'd like to point out that Relic Castle is built on a desert, Dragonspiral Tower reaches to the skies and Abyssal Ruins lies on the sea, perhaps having a connection of some sort.
    maybe theres a hidden groudon in relic castle, a rayquaza in dragonspiral tower, and a kyogre in the abyssal ruins

Also, I'm thinking Cynthia might also have something to do with the mystery of Abyssal Ruins. A swimmer on Undella Bay mentioned that Cynthia likes to dive when no one's around; maybe she's investigating something about the ruins and might reveal something in the 3rd game.
    Latest RNG:

||Emboar| OT: Luis
    Brave | |Blaze| 31/31/31/5/31/0 | Hatched: Nuvema Town | 6/15/11
    |Flare Blitz | Hammer Arm | Wild Bolt | Earthquake|

As soon as I dive down I get sucked back up ! That place is rip off !

Default Correction

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Read it again.
    Actually, it DOES say 2356, and 6 IS NOT a prime.

Quote Originally Posted by SnugNBouncy View Post
    maybe theres a hidden groudon in relic castle, a rayquaza in dragonspiral tower, and a kyogre in the abyssal ruins
    I like your thinking, but I doubt this very much. But there is the smallest of possibilities that it may have something to do with that, maybe something else. As already stated, Relic Castle was eventually buried in sand, Abyssal Ruins sunk ( most likely) to the bottom of the sea, and Dragon Spiral is still standing. It's possible that there was a war between the three, this may mean that Abyssal, having no "special made" pokemon of it's own, was defeated. Then, Relic Castle had Sigilyph while Dragon Spiral had Golurk. Ghost defeats Psychic, Leading most likely to the defeat of Relic Castle. This means Dragon Spiral won that war. Considering that Reshiram or Zekrom is found by N at the top, they made of had help from the legendary beasts. This goes against legend of them stopping the war, but as we know, legends may change after a while. But still, Groudon is the ground maker, which can be turned to sand, hence Relic Castle. Kyogre is like the king of the ocean, hence Abyssal ruins, ( this also may be given a hint to who " king" is). And finally Rayquaza, king of the skies, hence Dragon Spiral Tower, which stands tall in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshock View Post
    Also, I'm thinking Cynthia might also have something to do with the mystery of Abyssal Ruins. A swimmer on Undella Bay mentioned that Cynthia likes to dive when no one's around; maybe she's investigating something about the ruins and might reveal something in the 3rd game.
    Very possible, I for one am starting to wonder about Cynthia, for instance. Why is it Cynthia always appears where the legends are? Sure maybe she likes investigating them, but she knew exactly how to operate the Arceus event in HG/SS. Also, as Dragonshock stated, a swimmer states that she dives down when no one is looking. It wouldn't surprise me if she already knows or isn't telling us something.

One more thing, the Ruins are indeed of ancient times, so the torrent must be a booby trap. But despite the torrent, isn't it a little odd that there are NO pokemon around? Under the water that is, because the pokemon you run into/ fish for, are near the surface most likely. So I suspect that something else was or is down there. Scaring all the pokemon away, it might not be that of a Unova pokemon. Perhaps it is a Kyogre, maybe it's arceus ( i highly doubt it), it's also true that the landorous, thunderous and stormadous aswell as cobalion, virizion and terrakion and keldeo. They all have not had much of a backstory, including genesect and melottia aswell. I doubt the theory, but it may be genesect. Despite being a steel type, it has the disc's which may be used for electric attacks, ( super effective against water types) and it also happens to be a bug type ( also super effective against water types). + It looks scary =P.
    Dear signature:

I will never master your power, and will always be nothing, so as revenge? This super glue note, which is stuck to your signature hand, will implode along with you, in minus ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. pokedude View Post
    Perhaps it is a Kyogre, maybe it's arceus ( i highly doubt it), it's also true that the landorous, thunderous and stormadous aswell as cobalion, virizion and terrakion and keldeo. They all have not had much of a backstory, including genesect and melottia aswell. I doubt the theory, but it may be genesect.
    The bold part makes no sense, and mentions a nonexistent Pokémon.

it also happens to be a bug type ( also super effective against water types)
    No, it isn't.

I've got nothing against you (and am not trying to start anything), but perhaps try to make posts so everyone can get what you're trying to say. Nobody's perfect, though. Heck, I make grammatical mistakes often (especially online), and have made my fair share of tl;dr posts. This one was just a little hard to understand at certain spots. =/

And so this stays on topic: I'm sure at least part of the mystery will be revealed in the third game. My money is on the Ruins being related to N's ancestors. That, and/or perhaps involving one or more legends.

Looking for shinies in
    bold spoiler-ed below! They'll mostly need RNG'd. H/W also below.

Spoiler:- Haves/Wants:

Quote Originally Posted by projectaumaan View Post
    The bold part makes no sense, and mentions a nonexistent Pokémon.
    i meant drive not disc, more to the point, perhaps I was slightly unclear near the end, I only just woke up. which is the nonexistent pokemon? If your talking about Meloetta I assure you I misspelt it.

No, it isn't.

I've got nothing against you (and am not trying to start anything), but perhaps try to make posts so everyone can get what you're trying to say. Nobody's perfect, though. Heck, I make grammatical mistakes often (especially online), and have made my fair share of tl;dr posts. This one was just a little hard to understand at certain spots. =/
    I understand, no war here anyway, what do you mean? Genesect is indeed a bug + steel type. And if you mean bug is super effective against water, then maybe it isn't. ( I believe it is, but at the same time don't because I blast every water type apart with bug moves).
    And so this stays on topic: I'm sure at least part of the mystery will be revealed in the third game. My money is on the Ruins being related to N's ancestors. That, and/or perhaps involving one or more legends.
    I swear, this actually has some interesting things in it. The crown has some resemblance to that of the crown in the opening, and like I said, something was or is down there scaring the pokemon away.
    Dear signature:

I will never master your power, and will always be nothing, so as revenge? This super glue note, which is stuck to your signature hand, will implode along with you, in minus ten minutes.

So there were three civilizations right? And three dragons (Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem). So perhaps each civilization had one dragon fighting for them. King, (Kyurem) defeated Reshiram/Zekrom, the defendant of the Relic castle. The remains of the defeated dragon were later found and dubbed as the white/black stone in that very castle. The remaining dragon joined Kyurem who eventually had his civilization washed away by a wave. Kyurem fled to Giant Chasm, the place where he landed, and Zekrom/Reshiram stayed in Dragonspiral tower.

I swear, this actually has some interesting things in it. The crown has some resemblance to that of the crown in the opening, and like I said, something was or is down there scaring the pokemon away.
    Woah, quote tags got funky. Uh, yeah, Water and Bug are 1x effective on each other. It's probably just the STAB that helps blow away the Water-types. You mentioned "Stormadous." I assume you meant Tornadus. I was just being picky.

Um, and it might be the booby trap that throws the player out that keeps the Pokémon away. Then again, the booby trap could be a legendary Pokémon.

Looking for shinies in

I still believe the theory that Kyurem is the remains of the dragon that Zekrom/Reshiram split from.

I also have my own theory about the destruction of the civilization. It's probably not true, this is just what I, personally, would like to have happened.

We all remember that the Red and Blue Orbs were made to control Groudon and Kyogre, yes? I was thinking, just for fun mind you, that the armies of Hoenn invaded eastern Unova with Groudon and Kyogre. Kyogre sunk the Abyssal Ruins, and they continued west, having Groudon's drought making ability dry up the "possibly" fertile land around Relic Castle. The land drying up causing a dust-bowl effect eventually leading to a desert. Hoenn's army then marched north only to be met with the resistance of the King and the original dragon that Zekrom and Reshiram split from. At Dragonspiral Tower Hoenn's army was routed, and Unova saved. This Hoenn's civilization lost the Orbs in the first place.

This theory does not fit with the legend much, but I personally like it.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter/ Tumblr /Secret Base

Quote Originally Posted by projectaumaan View Post
    Woah, quote tags got funky. Uh, yeah, Water and Bug are 1x effective on each other. It's probably just the STAB that helps blow away the Water-types. You mentioned "Stormadous." I assume you meant Tornadus. I was just being picky.

Um, and it might be the booby trap that throws the player out that keeps the Pokémon away. Then again, the booby trap could be a legendary Pokémon.
    I see, I thought I said tornadous. ( my bad) Anyway, i guess it could be the torrent, but why would it keep the pokemon under the sea away? It's not like they are gonna become human and make themselves rich ^_^
    Dear signature:

I see, I thought I said tornadous. ( my bad) Anyway, i guess it could be the torrent, but why would it keep the pokemon under the sea away? It's not like they are gonna become human and make themselves rich ^_^
    I was thinking it was a pre-set booby trap. No regard to whether the "intruder" is a Pokémon or a human. Just keeps everything out.

Looking for shinies in

Quote Originally Posted by SnugNBouncy View Post
    Probally not.

a little patern that happens to be in Pokemon Games.

Each remake has the cover legends of the next remake catchable in it.
    (FRLG had Lugia and Ho-oh, HGSS has Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, thus the RSE remakes should have Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina)

Though HGSS also had the Shinnoh trio too. So mabye no DPt remake.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast