Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Abyssal Ruins (and other Ancient Legends)

This thread isn't to discuss Legendary Pokemon, unless it's in relation to a myth.

Though I like the idea of each of the ancient areas being "civilizations" that had a Dragon fighting for them.

Something I wonder about is why in White, Zekrom isn't well-known in mythology, while in Black, Reshiram isn't well-known in mythology. The myths told in Icirrus only mention one Dragon, and everyone was surprised when Alder mentioned the second Dragon. I think that's strange, but I can't think of a reason for why the myths exclude one Pokemon, unless it also relates to how the Abyssal Ruins flip what Pokemon King defeated and what Pokemon joined King depending on the version you're playing.

I know the info about Abyssal Ruins PM me for info.

Spoiler:- Here's my info:

What I want to clarify is the "Primes lead to truth." bit. Does it change to "Primes lead to ideals." in White? I haven't seen anyone mention this. It could hold a clue on what dragon really did what. So far I'm inclined to believe that if King and Kyurem saved Unova or whatever, Reshiram and it's partner joined them and then defeated Zekrom and it's partner.

And while I love the idea of the Weather Trio being somehow involved in ancient Unovian mythology, we don't know the distance between Unova and Hoenn. This are ancient people, their methods of transport where vastly different from those in modern day PokeWorld. Legendary intervention must be explained in order for them to have played some role.

I actually see Arceus playing some role in ancient events more than the Weather trio at the moment.

As to Genesect...the thing is a cloned fossil creature. An animal similar to Mewtwo in creation. How the heck can it play into ancient history?
    Black FC: 4083 5723 8887

Quote Originally Posted by Kameinu View Post
    As to Genesect...the thing is a cloned fossil creature. An animal similar to Mewtwo in creation. How the heck can it play into ancient history?
    As you said, 'fossil'. It could be back from before they died out. Although I doubt any of these ruins are that old.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter/ Tumblr /Secret Base

Quote Originally Posted by Guywhoiam View Post
    As you said, 'fossil'. It could be back from before they died out. Although I doubt any of these ruins are that old.
    I also said "cloned" instead of revived and "An animal similar to Mewtwo in creation".

Genesect isn't like Aerodactyl or Kabutops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    Black
    Over 300 million years ago, it was feared as the strongest of hunters. It has been modified by Team Plasma.
    Blows the theory out of the water.

Abyssal, Relic and Spiral are no older than 5,000 years old.
    Black FC: 4083 5723 8887

I also said "cloned" instead of revived and "An animal similar to Mewtwo in creation".

Touche.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by projectaumaan View Post
    I was thinking it was a pre-set booby trap. No regard to whether the "intruder" is a Pokémon or a human. Just keeps everything out.
    Yeah I guess, and that's obviously what's keeping everything out. But I still think there would be something down there past the throne room, but if there was, I can't deny the evidence that it would be blown away aswell.

I never said it was revived, I said it was a theory that even I doubt. Also I never said anything about it being there before hand, how do you know that team plasma modified it, ( which they did) and then it got away? It could of found the ruins and swam down there. It could of found a passage to get past the throne room. I still doubt my theory, but yeah, i'm still gonna hang on somewhat ^_^.
    Dear signature:

I will never master your power, and will always be nothing, so as revenge? This super glue note, which is stuck to your signature hand, will implode along with you, in minus ten minutes.

I just got the stuff from this place and where do I sell them?
    F.C. 2193 8980 5201(White)
    F.C. 2838 8140 3316(White 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoroark4873 View Post
    I just got the stuff from this place and where do I sell them?
    In the rich family's Villa (the place where you can battle the Riches family). The man by the display cases accepts the treasures from the Ruins.

I think it's interesting that the code in the Abyssal Ruins is the first that can really be considered a "code" rather than a "language" - no language I know of changes which symbol is which letter based on what floor one is on. I guess the builders of the Ruins meant it to be a puzzle intentionally rather than just using what could be considered a dead language.

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    In the rich family's Villa (the place where you can battle the Riches family). The man by the display cases accepts the treasures from the Ruins.

I think it's interesting that the code in the Abyssal Ruins is the first that can really be considered a "code" rather than a "language" - no language I know of changes which symbol is which letter based on what floor one is on. I guess the builders of the Ruins meant it to be a puzzle intentionally rather than just using what could be considered a dead language.
    i agree the whole abyssal code is really interesting i just hope it gets explained in the anime so im not left completely in the dark :,D

here's how i see it.3000 years ago,people considered pokemon enemies.this is backed up by (if we take ⑤ to mean pokemon)the text in the abyssal ruins,and the musketeer trio's legend.the two brothers in the tao trio legend lived at about that time.they found kyurem after it fell from space(according to legends about giant chasm)and somehow made a pact with it and became allies.they used kyurem to unite the region,but (according to the myths)had a disagreement about truth/ideals and became enemies.kyurem split into two beings,reshiram and zekrom,to try and please both of them.the original body was left behind,but with much lower stats,and went into a state of hibernation in giant chasm.the two battled using resh/zek.heres where it diverges.in black,the brother using zekrom won,and thats why only it is known in the mythology in that game,vice versa for white.the brother attempted to get people to recognize pokemon as beings and not slaves or food,but the old kingdoms rule wouldnt allow it.he had to use his respective legendary to destroy the old system and convince people,hence the major landmarks are now ruined(dragonspiral tower,relic castle,abyssal ruins). near the end of his life,he went and hid the relic crown in the safest place he could think,abyssal ruins,along with traps to protect it.the blocks and traps inside are there to make it so only the true king who agrees with his ideals can get the crown(and sell it to some fanatic in undella town)it took 500 years for relic castle to completely become covered by sand.proof of this is that the darmanitan there are NOT buried,so they took up residence AFTER it became covered.
    this might not have made all that much sense,but its my theory,so please read it ^^

so metal

I think the numbers mean the first 6 pokemon in the 'dex or the 3 genies and 3 dragons. Maybe answers.com can give the answer or maybe Bulbapedia.

Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    here's how i see it.3000 years ago,people considered pokemon enemies.this is backed up by (if we take ⑤ to mean pokemon)the text in the abyssal ruins,and the musketeer trio's legend.the two brothers in the tao trio legend lived at about that time.they found kyurem after it fell from space(according to legends about giant chasm)and somehow made a pact with it and became allies.they used kyurem to unite the region,but (according to the myths)had a disagreement about truth/ideals and became enemies.kyurem split into two beings,reshiram and zekrom,to try and please both of them.the original body was left behind,but with much lower stats,and went into a state of hibernation in giant chasm.the two battled using resh/zek.heres where it diverges.in black,the brother using zekrom won,and thats why only it is known in the mythology in that game,vice versa for white.the brother attempted to get people to recognize pokemon as beings and not slaves or food,but the old kingdoms rule wouldnt allow it.he had to use his respective legendary to destroy the old system and convince people,hence the major landmarks are now ruined(dragonspiral tower,relic castle,abyssal ruins). near the end of his life,he went and hid the relic crown in the safest place he could think,abyssal ruins,along with traps to protect it.the blocks and traps inside are there to make it so only the true king who agrees with his ideals can get the crown(and sell it to some fanatic in undella town)it took 500 years for relic castle to completely become covered by sand.proof of this is that the darmanitan there are NOT buried,so they took up residence AFTER it became covered.
    this might not have made all that much sense,but its my theory,so please read it ^^
    I cant remember the musketeer legend but i think it wasnt pokemon people were fighting.As in real life it was probably against each other.
    ~insert awesome trainer card or snappy line here~
    THIS SENTENCE IS FALSE.

Black FC:0046 3473 2695

My team :

Currently trying to shine:
    (60 eggs hatched)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenwanderer View Post
    I cant remember the musketeer legend but i think it wasnt pokemon people were fighting.As in real life it was probably against each other.
    I agree, and I believe that it was humans fighting each other to unify Unova and Pokemon were caught up in it. The Musketeers showed up to protect Pokemon trapped in between the two warring factions.

That...

Makes perfect sense.

/Applause
    This is Marcus. He likes Owl City. C+P him in your sig if you're awesome like him. (Started by Fanal!)

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I am also an Eternal Ferriswheelshipper! Credit to LunGhost.

Copy the above Pokemon into your signature if you know how they relate to each other. (Started by Eternal Draconic)

The Abyssal ruins is mysterious and those strange purple blocks with writing that you can't solve and remains a mystery.

I find that to be cool.
    black fc: 3954 7898 2098

white fc: 1334 8461 6247
    3D fc:5241-1928-8415
    ss fc: 1420 8011 8001
    platinum fc: 2365 4547 4140
    heartgold fc: 2193 6560 9604
    pearl fc: 1420 5611 6415

I hated Abyssal Ruins. First of all, I was very disappointed that that was the only place you could dive to, as I was hoping Dive would be back in full force from RSE. Makes me want RS remakes more. And the time limit is just stupid. That place is confusing enough as is, adding a time limit just makes it evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Yeah it was kinda annoying. I didn't really like Dive so that wasn't a big deal, but navigating was nearly impossible. While the concept was cool and all, it was too challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Doom View Post
    I hated Abyssal Ruins. First of all, I was very disappointed that that was the only place you could dive to, as I was hoping Dive would be back in full force from RSE. Makes me want RS remakes more. And the time limit is just stupid. That place is confusing enough as is, adding a time limit just makes it evil.
    I hated the time limit, yet I was really pissed that there was a very small amount of regal items. But I got through it. I didn't get the Regal Crown cuz I want to save that for later when my money is low.

King defeated ③ alone.
    ④ joined King in a day.
    King called ⑤ beings.
    King is hope and future.
    The great King ⑥.

I think king referes to arceus. he defeated dialga giratina and palkia in a day. Terakkion Virizion Cobolian and Keldeo joined him.The king called the weather trio and Reshiram and Zekrom to him. The king is hope and future. the great king... ... then what it seems unfinished. the picture is a bunny. could it represent mew? Mew does have big feet and it somewhat resembles a rabbit. Could mew have overthrown Arceus? or vise versa? is one of them like mother earth in Greek Mythology, she loves all of her children. Could mew have overrun Arceus with the help of Kyruem? She (or he) could have reverted Kyruem with an item to his original state before he was frozen? It also could have called on the help of the Sinnoh Dragon trio for revenge on arceus? And you, the trainer had to Take Mews side and help overrun N and arceus? Or is that too farfetched. Could all of this just be all wrong. does some make sense? PM me with your thoughts.
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/zspcnk.gif[/IMG]
    mew_ and Silverwindstudios

Perfect!
    Couldnt hav said it better.
    Kyurem will become a new form when give the relic crown andreshiram and zekrom are in party

For all the confusion i have something to add, they could have gone to war and destroyed each other. There could have been a third civilazation one that lived at Dragonspiral tower and used the dragon pokemon to destroy the other two. ORRRRRRRRRRR..................if they decide to attach RSE to it, One civilazation in the air,One in the Ground, One underwater. The Hoenn Dragon Trio could have fought and Rayquaza would have silenced them. The Desert Castle IS right next to water so maybe the Abbysal Ruins Peoples(right by a beach!) used the legendaries they worshipped destroyed the other civilazation. And for the Darmanitans i CAN see why they are there but 500 years after the possible "big" war The Darmanitans had to migrate across unova and settled there but mabye they knew they had an importance so they stayed there until a chosen one came to save the world (has to do with abbysal ruins writings. When The war settled the civilazation that worshipped Raquaza spread across Unova.
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/zspcnk.gif[/IMG]
    mew_ and Silverwindstudios

Hoenn does put an odd twist into it...

This thread has gone to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    This thread has gone to hell.
    How so? .

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast