Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Garchomp Banned Once Again

Quote Originally Posted by IceTacos View Post
    It's probably because Soul Dew isn't available in 5th Gen yet?
    No, that would just make the soul dew clause again.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

People that think garchomp is uber seriously need a better team. They can cry with their bibarels and say it's too hard to beat, but they are messing it up for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKyogre443 View Post
    People that think garchomp is uber seriously need a better team. They can cry with their bibarels and say it's too hard to beat, but they are messing it up for the rest of us.
    Were you one of the 17 people that voted do not ban on Garchomp?
    Because if not it just shows that you couldn't get to a high enough place on the ladder where people were using chomp correctly, just so you knowwww!

Quote Originally Posted by Porgon-XYZ View Post
    I wouldn't say Haxorus is shadowed by Garchomp with that 147 base attack, access to DragonDance, and able to hit levitaters with Earthquake. If you want to kill the foes Garchomp, Just get your spec'ed/scarfed Froslass to use Ice Beam(or Blizzard depending on your team). Garchomps are still worthy of the ubers though. I'm gonna have to change my Sandstorm team though...
    Garchomp has some serious advantages over Haxorus. First off, he actually has a really good base speed, whereas Haxorus's base speed means that he'll almost never be able to pull off a sweep with Dragon Dance. Chomp is also resistant to Stealth Rock, has Sand Veil, has more bulk, pulls off Sub+SD sets better, etc.

Also wtf everyone stop saying that you can use your ice types to counter chomp. THEY DON'T. Yes, this is a gen where not everything can have a hard counter, but if you're relying on say, weavile, mamoswine, or frosslass to "counter" chomp then you have an extremely garchomp weak team, since none of them can switch in, and they all outright lose to yachechomp. You're using Lati@s to check it? Fun stuffs, they lose to Haban Chomp or SubSD Chomp if it gets in a sub. Etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by epic_eevee View Post
    Garchomp has some serious advantages over Haxorus. First off, he actually has a really good base speed, whereas Haxorus's base speed means that he'll almost never be able to pull off a sweep with Dragon Dance. Chomp is also resistant to Stealth Rock, has Sand Veil, has more bulk, pulls off Sub+SD sets better, etc.

Also wtf everyone stop saying that you can use your ice types to counter chomp. THEY DON'T. Yes, this is a gen where not everything can have a hard counter, but if you're relying on say, weavile, mamoswine, or frosslass to "counter" chomp then you have an extremely garchomp weak team, since none of them can switch in, and they all outright lose to yachechomp. You're using Lati@s to check it? Fun stuffs, they lose to Haban Chomp or SubSD Chomp if it gets in a sub. Etc, etc.
    This, this, more this, and a heapin' helpin of this.

Skill Link Icicle Spear obliterates Garchomp because only the first hit is reduced by the berry... Thats like 100 base power PER HIT for the ramaining hits.

I understand banning legendaries, banning garchomp is idiotic for me.

And banning him for the luck factor? ITS A GAME. Games always have a luck factor. Not all attacks have 100% accuracy right, critical hits are luck based, heck even damage calculation has a random factor on it. So what? Are we going to hack all way and remove all luck factor? Heck no! I've won thanks to (good) luck and have lost thanks to (bad) luck.
    3DS
    FC: 4382 2186 3275
        Spoiler:- ???:

I never really cared about Garchomp. Excadrill is OU? WT*? Anyways, it'll be bad if they ban Thundurus.

Mahou Shoujou Megumi Magica

Quote Originally Posted by Wardek View Post
    I never really cared about Garchomp. Excadrill is OU? WT*? Anyways, it'll be bad if they ban Thundurus.
    Excadrill has more hard counters than Garchomp, just so you know

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G W View Post
    Skill Link Icicle Spear obliterates Garchomp because only the first hit is reduced by the berry... Thats like 100 base power PER HIT for the ramaining hits.
    Name something besides Cloyster that can do that.

Something besides Shellder.

I understand banning legendaries, banning garchomp is idiotic for me.
    Legendary status is irrelevant in terms of whether or not a Pokemon is broken.

Hence why Phione is not better than Tentacruel.

And banning him for the luck factor? ITS A GAME. Games always have a luck factor. Not all attacks have 100% accuracy right, critical hits are luck based, heck even damage calculation has a random factor on it. So what? Are we going to hack all way and remove all luck factor? Heck no! I've won thanks to (good) luck and have lost thanks to (bad) luck.
    I was under the impression that Sand Veil was the icing on the cake of banning Garchomp, and that people were more concerned with things like how only Skarmory and Bronzong resist its STABs (one of which is Dragon), and how it has a base 130 Attack stat, and how it has a base 102 or something Speed, and how it has more bulk than Swampert.

Excadrill has more hard counters than Garchomp, just so you know
    Almost all my team are OU before i knew it. Though i'd hate if Thundurus is banned, and i know he is troublesome. =P

Mahou Shoujou Megumi Magica

ice types arent worth mentioning? lol... I also love when people act like you have 1 vs. 1 battles, like you can switch guys...and rattling off all these sets he has to counter everything in the world is kind of useless when you have a swords dance set with life orb let's say and out comes weavile. Here, let me pull out my pc boxes and switch sets, oh wait i can't....
    Anyways, i guess the only problem i can notice with him was sand veil, which im not too concerned about but w/e, i guess this just gives my team a little less trouble not that i had much, so i'll just agree with him getting banned. I just can't see why garchomp is banned but latios isn't, kind of weird.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    ice types arent worth mentioning? lol... I also love when people act like you have 1 vs. 1 battles, like you can switch guys...and rattling off all these sets he has to counter everything in the world is kind of useless when you have a swords dance set with life orb let's say and out comes weavile. Here, let me pull out my pc boxes and switch sets, oh wait i can't....
    Anyways, i guess the only problem i can notice with him was sand veil, which im not too concerned about but w/e, i guess this just gives my team a little less trouble not that i had much, so i'll just agree with him getting banned. I just can't see why garchomp is banned but latios isn't, kind of weird.
    The thing is, you don't know what set Garchomp's running until you sacrifice something. For example, you could switch in Mamoswine expecting Haban SD Chomp and be faced with a Sub, a Scarf/CB Outrage, or or an SD from Yache SD chomp. And you literally have no way of knowing what set it is until your "counter" gets wrecked.

And lol nobody runs Life Orb on SD Chomp.

The thing is, you don't know what set Garchomp's running until you sacrifice something. For example, you could switch in Mamoswine expecting Haban SD Chomp and be faced with a Sub, a Scarf/CB Outrage, or or an SD from Yache SD chomp. And you literally have no way of knowing what set it is until your "counter" gets wrecked.

And lol nobody runs Life Orb on SD Chomp.
    i know, just saying...

RIP Ice Grabbers

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    i know, just saying...
    But that was the basis for almost the entire point you made; that you could get lucky and switch in a check on the set that it safely checks rather than one of the sets that results in it immediately being KO'd.

But that was the basis for almost the entire point you made; that you could get lucky and switch in a check on the set that it safely checks rather than one of the sets that results in it immediately being KO'd.
    again, just saying it was an example...im not gonna try and run down all of chomp's sets...
    i never have had trouble and still dont have trouble with him, granted im an ice user and run hail which might have an effect...ok probably does have an effect, but yea.

RIP Ice Grabbers

about time since it was starting to annoy me.

@ Maloswampert, Yeah It is Indeed about time. Garchomp is really starting to get annoying.

garchomp dosent get on my nerves, its not strong. I v OHKOd garchomp like 6 times with my choice scarf haxorus. (Dragon Claw)

On the other hand i hope they dont ban latios hes in my team XD

Eh... I don't really care about this "tug-of-war-tier" thing of Garchomp. I just use it in any battle.

Quote Originally Posted by juan8913 View Post
    garchomp dosent get on my nerves, its not strong. I v OHKOd garchomp like 6 times with my choice scarf haxorus. (Dragon Claw)

On the other hand i hope they dont ban latios hes in my team XD
    But if it misses Garchomp, or the Garchomp has a scarf itself....

Lots of Garchomps have paralysis support, making it's ability even more annoying.

And that's how you revenge kill it. How do you counter it? Haxorus is doomed if it swaps in on an Outrage or a Substitute.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I can't say I didn't anticipate Garchomp being sent to Ubers.

Salamence is most likely next - pity, really, I've been enjoying my WishMence.

No, I'm not giving anyone credit for my team pose because I made it myself.

Salamence isnt even as good as it used to be..Dragonite can actually be compared to it now with its new toys..and Moxie doesnt help it as much as Intimidate.

However Garchomp, I'll miss you...

hmm but to counter Garchomp you will need a higher speed than it.
    Changing weather conditions or using trick room might work but still....
    I'm still happy that it's banned even though I am raising one.

How can you say no to this little one?

Credit goes to:
    Tyranitarquake for the Banner!
    arceusvictini for the Userbar!
    PikaPal_Lyra for the Flying High Icon!

No I was raising one with perfect IVs. DRAT.
    EELEKTROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm the best kid in the world. Okay? Any objection? Hmm..., over 9000. Oh....

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Garchomp just needs to be outsped, one ice beam and its down, that is if your pokemon has good Sp. Atk.
    FC 4470 4847 7328

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/o3ais.gif[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Porygon-Z View Post
    Garchomp just needs to be outsped, one ice beam and its down, that is if your pokemon has good Sp. Atk.
    Doesnt even need to have good SpA..but it takes alot to outspeed those Choice Flawless 252 EV's Jolly Garchomps.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast