Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Garchomp Banned Once Again

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Porygon-Z View Post
    Garchomp just needs to be outsped, one ice beam and its down, that is if your pokemon has good Sp. Atk.
    Unless you switch in as it subs up or you Ice Beam only to find that it's Yache. Then you lose horribly.

Poor Garchomp.

HOLY F*****************K THEY FINNALY SET A RELEASE DATE FOR SKYWARD SWORD!!!!!

I regret way I said a garchomp swept me on RM yesterday D:

i was working with one as a lead for my team, now i`ll have to swich to dragonite or salamence

Quote Originally Posted by hallstromjr View Post
    Doesnt even need to have good SpA..but it takes alot to outspeed those Choice Flawless 252 EV's Jolly Garchomps.
    i agree with that, though flawless jolly archeops outspeeds Garchomp, well mine does

Quote Originally Posted by hallstromjr View Post
    Salamence isnt even as good as it used to be..Dragonite can actually be compared to it now with its new toys..and Moxie doesnt help it as much as Intimidate.

However Garchomp, I'll miss you...
    Dragonite and Garchomp do entirely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Porygon-Z View Post
    Garchomp just needs to be outsped, one ice beam and its down, that is if your pokemon has good Sp. Atk.
    YacheChomp, ScarfChomp.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    i agree with that, though flawless jolly archeops outspeeds Garchomp, well mine does
    ScarfChomp, plus nobody uses Archeops.

you have me there. his ability is terrible

Aww man, what else am I going to use? Flygon doesn't get the job done...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

Garchomp is pretty frail. There are a lot of moves out there that could take it down outside of ice moves. Very different to skarmory and ferrothorn who have a 4x weakness to fire but can take alot of damage outside of fire (which is no guarantee on ferrothorn, skarmory has sturdy)
    FC: 3095 6263 9658
    Timezone: AEST

Seeking
    Shiny, Flawless, Celebi (Bold with HP Fire) UT or 252HP/220Def/36Speed

MOST WANTED
    Shiny, Flawless, Blissey (Bold) UT or lvl 100 with 252 HP/252Def/4SplDefence
    Moveset: Wish/Protect/Seismic Toss/Toxic
    Must be accompanied by a legit checker report[/SPOILER]

My Shop

Please do not PM me, I will PM you

^No... Base 108 HP, 95 Def, and 85 Defense? That's extremely tough for something that kills practically everything in front of them. And quite broken in OU, I think.

Once I Dual Chop swept someone with Garchomp. That is just proof that he should be uber, even though I love his moves and stats.
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

The banning of Garchomp won't really have any effect on the number of sand teams used, it may increase the use of some other dragons though I suppose. Although none of the other dragons at this point are bannable at all. In my opinion, Garchomp was the one pokemon that was really annoying and needed to just get banned. Now that its banned, I think that Thundurus will go next round since it was only a few votes shy of going to Ubers last round.
    [12:46:24 PM] Garza: yeah yeah
    [12:46:34 PM] Garza: your a tubular troller

mangoes, peaches, and limes

I don't care much for Garchomp. I really don't see much change in the metagame either. Although you may be thinking about the decrease in Sandstorm, there is still that Excadrill. He still hasn't been ban, and probably never will be.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

meh I don't care that much I luv that guy and all but he should be uber

*replaces chomp with landorus*

So what exactly was the 100% reason that Garchomp was banned? Was it a mix of its Stats and Ability? I mean, Garchomp doesn't seem to be a major Speed demon now considering the Musketeers, the Latis, and Tornadus/Thundurus hit the scene, and banning it solely based on Sand Veil is complete rubbish (why not ban Gliscor while you're at it? Or Sandslash? Sandslash clearly is a luck factor in today's metagame). The only reason I could see it being banned is a combination of the two, but at the same time Weather is so sporadic in this new Metagame.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadon View Post
    So what exactly was the 100% reason that Garchomp was banned? Was it a mix of its Stats and Ability? I mean, Garchomp doesn't seem to be a major Speed demon now considering the Musketeers, the Latis, and Tornadus/Thundurus hit the scene, and banning it solely based on Sand Veil is complete rubbish (why not ban Gliscor while you're at it? Or Sandslash? Sandslash clearly is a luck factor in today's metagame). The only reason I could see it being banned is a combination of the two, but at the same time Weather is so sporadic in this new Metagame.
    It is, in fact, the combination of the two that makes Chomp broken. Sandslash and Gliscor, or any other Sand Veil / Snow Cloak users don't have stats comparable to Chomp so it would be pointless to ban any of them. All it takes is one miss to potentially screw over an entire game when you face Chomp, but against others it is less game breaking unless you end up missing several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadon View Post
    If it was just the ability that banned it, they would just ban the ability itself(they did to moody).

It's stats, ability, and moves. And it is pretty fast, it's not like every team is made up of Terrokion/Latios/Latias/Keldo/Verizion/Thunderus. You'd usually see a rotom, ferrthorn, or something slower. Really, I'm stalling out plenty of teams with subseed jumpluff. That's 110, so it's 8 higher, but still...

And none of those are counters. They'll all be KOed from coming in on an outrage. Garchomp doesn't have any good counters either, except steel types when it's trapped in outrage. If it gets a swords dance, they won't always counter it to.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

i was going to get a chomp for my team but decided not to since kyurem isnt uber. I know theyre nothing alike but theyre both dragons

I think I am fine with Garchomp being banned, but if Thundurus is banned next I am done with competitive battling.

It was a good thing that garchomp was banned. I hate that evasion boost he gets in a sandstorm. Cost me a battle a few times. Why would Thundurus get banned? Is it because of prankster+good movepool?

White Fc:
    0261 0212 6233
    Name: NICK

I Need:
    Jolly DW Dratini with 31 IV in attack and speed (or flawless) EGGMOVES: Extreme Speed.
    Brave, Flawless (0 speed IV) DW Likckitung

CAN BE RNG'd or CLONED

Offering any 4th gen pokemon (flawless, EV'd)
    DISCLAIMER: I get my Pokemon from an RNGer and the pokemon MAY be cloned.

99% of the people on this forum know what a pokemon is. If you are part of this 99%, copy and paste this into your sig. - Started by dragonite0217

I will not be active for a while, on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite0217 View Post
    It was a good thing that garchomp was banned. I hate that evasion boost he gets in a sandstorm. Cost me a battle a few times. Why would Thundurus get banned? Is it because of prankster+good movepool?
    i think so some would be taunt, T-wave, bulk up

I was one of only 17 people to vote chomp OU, lol, but I did use drizzle all test so my vote was kinda biased but what the heck. I can't really see the metagame changing too greatly with chomp banned.

The metagame will change because chomp isn't on every freaking body's team now. Everytime I battled on PO there was always a Garchomp on someone's team. Then awhile back on Smogon after Chomp was banned there were even more Latias and Sally's.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Aww I have to find a Pokemon to replace my Garchomp now

Trading my almost perfect UT Timid Mewtwo! Its IVs are 31/22/31/31/30/31. You can verify the calculation here:

Spoiler:- Credits and my FC:

Never liked chompy... Besides, now people will realise its potential in ubers!
    Start playing ubers, not OU. Serebii needs more ubers players!

Join my new forum:

http://rayquazasheaven.freeforums.org/index.php

Credit to J-Master!

Will not be active on weekdays due to school.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast