Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Subway Discussion & Ranking Hall~ Now With Singles Team Building Guide!

Oh. I was running Toxic in the last slot. I just got to 28.

EDIT: I just beat Super Single Ingo. Is 49 and still going high enough for the ranking hall? I'll have proof later tonight, when I can upload the video.

EDIT EDIT: Who would win, assuming both are flawless, with this set, Ferrothorn or Accelgor? I was looking at the Speed tiers, and the only thing I saw that wasn't scarfed and was dangerous (AKA Stab not resisted) was Accelgor. I KNOW FOCUS BLAST HURTS.
    Ferrothorn @Leftovers
    Sassy
    252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Curse
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip
    Aerial Ace
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 9th July 2011 at 12:07 AM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Oh. I was running Toxic in the last slot. I just got to 28.

EDIT: I just beat Super Single Ingo. Is 49 and still going high enough for the ranking hall? I'll have proof later tonight, when I can upload the video.

EDIT EDIT: Who would win, assuming both are flawless, with this set, Ferrothorn or Accelgor? I was looking at the Speed tiers, and the only thing I saw that wasn't scarfed and was dangerous (AKA Stab not resisted) was Accelgor. I KNOW FOCUS BLAST HURTS.
    Ferrothorn @Leftovers
    Sassy
    252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Curse
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip
    Aerial Ace
    Congrats. Both of the focus blast accelgors have a focus sash. Ferrothorn has good special defense though.
    The Timid EV'd in Speed/SpA Accelgor does 76-90 HP damage to your Ferrothorn meaning Ferrothorn always survives 2 hits from it (and KOs it of course). As long as Accelgor doesn't get a crit you should be fine but this is the subway so untimely crits aren't uncommon. <__>
    None of the modest ones have focus blast.

Movesets/EVs

OK. I will always win, except in the case of a crit? In which case, I wonder if Latios can survive a Bug Buzz without SDef EVs..

In case 49 is high enough, here's my team:
        Spoiler:- team:

EDIT: I got to 63 w/o D-Nite.

EDIT EDIT: I just lost to a Honchkrow. Encored Thunder Wave and switched to Ferrothorn, Cursed, Ferrothorn was paralyzed and couldn't move, paralyzed again, Drill Pecked me for the KO. 2HKOed Politoed w/ Sucker Punch. Was fully paralyzed first time. Beat it with Latios. Leafeon was up next. Psyshocked, did about 50%, Leafeon X-Scissored, Quick Claw activated and KOed me with Leaf Blade. My streak was 74. Well, I got enough for all power items.. I should try this team on Random Matchup.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 10th July 2011 at 2:11 AM.

Sorry about the delay, been on my honeymoon. ^^'

60 is the lowest streak to get on the leaderboard, but your 79 streak
    is fine. Post the details and I'll get you added to the board.

^Click it!^

So you need at least 60 to make it on?

I'm on 49 atm with my Sandstorm Double Team
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Yea, 60+ is the limit for non-Wifi subway records.

I'm probably going to require 50+ for Wifi.

^Click it!^

Right. I'll see if I can make that. Knowing me, I'll probably get to 59 and then lose...
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Here's my team:

Politoed @Rocky Helmet
    Calm
    Drizzle
    252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Scald
    Toxic
    Psychic
    Encore

Scald is STAB and has a chance to burn. Toxic is because of Politoed's good bulk. Psychic is for Toxicroak (Can kill Latios with Sucker Punch.) Encore allows Ferrothorn to get free Curses on Grass and Electric moves aimed at Politoed.

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
    Sassy
    Iron Barbs
    252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Curse
    Power Whip
    Gyro Ball
    Aerial Ace

Basic Curse Ferrothorn with Aerial Ace for Shedinja. Absorbs Paralysis for Latios.

Latios (I knew I should have used a Multiscale Dragonite!) @Life Orb
    Timid
    Levitate
    4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Speed
    Psyshock
    Surf
    Thunder
    Draco Meteor

Psyshock allows me to go psuedo mixed. Surf and Thunder abuse Rain. Draco Meteor gives a huge hit on their final pokemon.

How I lost: I lost to a Honchkrow. Encored Thunder Wave and switched to Ferrothorn, Cursed, Ferrothorn was paralyzed and couldn't move, paralyzed again, crit Drill Pecked me for the KO. 2HKOed Politoed w/ Sucker Punch. Was fully paralyzed first time. Beat it with Latios. Leafeon was up next. Psyshocked, did about 50%, Leafeon X-Scissored, Quick Claw activated and KOed me with Leaf Blade. I was afraid Honchkrow would kill Latios with Sucker Punch.

^ Just so you know, Shedinja isn't in the Battle Subway, so you're better off using Substitute
    to keep you safe from status and become basically invincible against physical attackers.

Added you to the OP.

EDIT: Just lost at 137, putting it in spoilers. 137 streak

The battle video # is 91-83735-62531.

Spoiler:- The Team:

Spoiler:- How I Lost:

Spoiler:- Proof:

^Click it!^

currently with my friend we have a 56 win steak. on wi-fi, i have achieved rank 5 (i think that is good). I also beat emit and inzo in all super subways. i lost the train after that on all but super single. which i am currently on an 63 win streak.
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Let's see:

Win Streak 83: proof http://xs.to/media/69112

My team:

Slaking @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    Truant
    6hp/252 atk/252 speed
    Giga Impact
    Earthquake
    Shadow Claw
    Fire Punch

Giga impact for STAB (It always K.O 1-2 Foe's pokemon, if not, in the other turn that he attack, he finish his job). Earthquake for Fires, Rocks and Steels.
    Shadow Claw for ghost types.

Volcarona @ life orb
    Modest
    Flame body
    2hp/ 252 S.Atk/ 252 Speed
    Quiver Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Fiery Dance
    Hidden power rock

My special sweeper. Quiver dance to boost his Sp. Atack and Speed so he can hit harder and faster. Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance for STAB. this thing hits really hard if the foe's pokemon it's not resistant agains it.

Serperior @ leftovers
    Timid
    Contrary
    4 hp/252 sp. attack/ 252 speed
    Leaf Storm
    Hidden Power Rock
    Dragon Tail
    Glare

I wanted to test a contrary serperior, so I hacked one (as you can see, with legal ev training and all), And I Love it. He was my "finisher"....I always send him after a oponent KO one of my Pokemon and his hp was low, so I finished it with a leaf storm and gained a +2 sp. attack boost. and then wreak havoc with him. Hidden power rock save me a lot against flyers, some dragons (Dragonite and Salamence), and fire types. I Used dragon tail for force a switch out against a rival that it can't kill yet.

How I Lost: Against a Garchomp....I started with my Slaking, Use Giga Impact, Garchomp Avoid it, it uses swords dance....Slaking needs to recharge, Garchomp uses Dragon Claw...Slaking faints...I send out my volcarona. Garchomp uses swords dance, Volcarona uses Quiver dance...Volcarona uses Hidden power Rock...Garchomp Avoid it -.- .....garchomp uses earthquake...volcarona faints....I send out my Serperior...It uses leaf storm...garchomp uses fire fang, serperior faints.

Just wondering: wouldn't Timid be better on Volcarona to get the Speed boost it needs to outspeed some things after a Quiver Dance?

@ Dave Himura: Nice job, I'll edit you into the OP shortly.

@ Vandslaux: Timid is always an option, but it just depends
    on what you want to use in the end.

Edit: Leaderboard updated.

^Click it!^

6: DO NOT post your team in this thread to be rated. RMT's belong in
    their own threads.
    Take it to your own threads, Elryc and Vendidurt.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x
    Just wondering: wouldn't Timid be better on Volcarona to get the Speed boost it needs to outspeed some things after a Quiver Dance?
    I wouldn't say so, really. A carefully EV'd Volcarona can outspeed pretty much everything it needs to with spare EVs to dump into HP and it doesn't have to be Timid either. Imo making a Max Spe Timid one is just huge overkill when you don't need it.

Singles record 117 wins. Proof

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SpA/252 Speed
    Hidden Power: Electric | 70 power
    -Surf
    -Hidden Power
    -Ice beam
    -Psychic

Same as before. Sets up rain & usually KOs the first Pokemon and does decent damage to the second so Ludicolo or Scizor can come in and clean up. HP electric is only for Gyrados, Ice beam is for Dragons and Torterra. Psychic is strictly for Toxicroak and can be replaced by focus blast or something else.
    ---------------------------

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 SpA/252 Speed
    Hidden Power: Psychic | 70 power
    -Giga Drain
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Hidden Power

Again, OHKOs most things that aren't ridiculously bulky. HP Psychic is for Toxicroak.
    -------------------------

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 92 HP/252 Atk/160 Sp.Def/4 Speed
    -Bug Bite
    -Aerial Ace
    -Superpower
    -Bullet Punch

Deals with pesky ice types, Tyranitar and sometimes dragons. Aerial Ace was never used so you can replace it with...idk. It only needs 4 speed to outspeed neutral base 65s who have no speed EV investment.

Notes: Lead Jolteon, Lead Zebstrika, Tyranitar, Venusaur (see below) and the OHKO Walrien are problematic. Swift swimmers are slightly troublesome too.
    734 | Venusaur | Bold | Black Sludge | Leech Seed | Substitute | Sludge Bomb | Protect | HP/SpD <--scared me a few times.

Lost: Battle video #: 24-20775-70374

Spoiler:- raaaaaage:

Smaller Record (100 wins)

Spoiler:- Team:

Spoiler:- Notes:

Spoiler:- Lost:

I'm only posting the second record in case someone else wants to try out that team. I'm sure it can get 100+. If anyone has any suggestion for tweaking the second team that would be cool too. I thought about replacing Latios for Dragonite but Dragonite's kinda slow compared to Latios plus it would make my team completely physical. Maybe I could replace Scizor with Magnezone but then I have a dragon problem.

Good job dude, nice streak. I'm just going to replace your current one
    with this one, I'm trying to keep the leaderboard to one team per person
    per category.

Edit: Leaderboard updated.

^Click it!^

I think I'm going to replace Latios w/ a Thundurus:

Thundurus @Life Orb
    Prankster
    Timid
    4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed
    Taunt/Grass Knot
    Nasty Plot
    Thunder
    HP Ice

I lose Fire attack protection for Ferrothorn that Latios gave me, but he gives me something that outspeeds Froslass and Gengar. Opinions on which I should choose?

Prankster Taunt allows me to stop non auto-weather changers from changing the weather. (I'm thinking Froslass changing the weather to Hail)
    Grass Knot gives me coverage against heavy Rocks, Waters, and Grounds. (Yeah, I'm looking at you, Milotic..)

Just starting to dabble in the Battle Subway, and this is the team I'm using:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 HP, 4 Att., 252 Sp. Def.
    -Crunch
    -Pursuit
    -Brick Break
    -Stone Edge

My lead to set up Sandstorm, and KO the opponents first Pokemon if it's a decent match up.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
    Relaxed, 0 Speed IV
    252 HP, 128 Def., 128 Sp. Def.
    -Gyro Ball
    -Power Whip
    -Leech Seed
    -Thunder Wave

Typical Ferrothorn, and has been working really well with Tyranitar and Garchomp, switching into threats with ease. Tried a Curse set instead of Power Whip, but I really missed the Grass move as my team can't handle Water-types very well otherwise.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    4 HP, 252 Att., 252 Spd.
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Claw
    -Fire Fang
    -Earthquake

Can OHKO or 2HKO pretty much anything with Outrage, and also outspeeds almost all of the Subway as she has a 30 Speed IV. Was desperately missing a Fire move on my team, and Fire Fang fills the niche quite nicely. Going to sub out Life Orb for a Choice Band once I have enough BP.

Just faced off against a Legendary Trainer as my 35th battle and thought it was all over... But then! Garchomp 2HKO'd his Virizion with Fire Fang, then 2HKO'd Regice with Fire Fang and got a flinch, then OHKO'd Latias with Outrage. So surprised I beat him, but also super excited!

EDIT: And then, I got killed the next battle ._. seriously? Bah.. Anyway, lead with Tyranitar, and he lead out with Frosslass. Switched to Ferrothorn, and Gyro Ball missed twice allowing Frosslass to get my health down to low yellow. Finally killed Frosslass with a Gyro Ball, then he sent out Abomasnow, which killed Ferro with Blizzard. Switched in Garchomp, Fire Fang'ed, but Abomasnow had a damn Focus Sash and killed Garchomp. Sent out Tyranitar and killed Abomasnow with a Crunch, after he got my health down to low yellow with a Hammer Arm. Last Pokemon was a Beartic, and of course Stone Edge missed, and he killed me with a Blizzard. Grr. Oh well, 35 is still way better than I was expecting. Team seems to be a good match for one another so far.
    Last edited by Cain; 6th August 2011 at 7:09 AM.

[IMG]http://i30.*******.com/2edd1zm.jpg[/IMG]
    ShiniesShiny Lovers ClubRotom

Pearl 0438 2903 5961
    White 4684 8876 1042
    PGL Nickname: Cainer, add me!

Current Shiny Hunts

Status 1,336 Eggs, 100 RE

I was just looking at the use of Slaking above and was wondering if anyone has considered a double team with slaking and Entrainment?

Quote Originally Posted by soybtree View Post
    I was just looking at the use of Slaking above and was wondering if anyone has considered a double team with slaking and Entrainment?
    Entrainment does not work on Pokemon with the ability Truant.

You could always use Skill Swap. Xatu is a decent partner thanks to it's
    4x fighting resist, although when in doubles it's highly likely that all of
    the fighting attacks will be aimed elsewhere. All in all, it's a pretty
    gimmicky strategy, but if you can pull it off you can wreak some havoc.

^Click it!^

i finally found this thread.
    i have a question, when there is a speed tie in the subway is it always the opponent that goes first?
    and whats the fastest (scarfed)poke in the subway.

Black FC:5200-3599-9991

3DS FC: 0130-1892-7047
    I'm Peng
    (PM me if you add me) Lets play Kid Icarus!!!!

Like Kid Icarus: Uprising? Like talking to people? Like talking to people about Kid Icarus: Uprising? Then click this link to go to a forum where you can do just that! And spread the word!

Quote Originally Posted by poopoop View Post
    i finally found this thread.
    i have a question, when there is a speed tie in the subway is it always the opponent that goes first?
    and whats the fastest (scarfed)poke in the subway.

I can help you with the 1st question;
    When you got a speed tie in the subway there's only 50% ob being first and everyturn is the same ;D (If you don't understand PM and I will explain better n.nU)

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX View Post

I can help you with the 1st question;
    When you got a speed tie in the subway there's only 50% ob being first and everyturn is the same ;D (If you don't understand PM and I will explain better n.nU)
    i understand it already, i just wanted to make sure the way the subway did it wasn't different than regular battling because I lost every speed tie in there so far(stupid hax). thank you for helping

Black FC:5200-3599-9991

3DS FC: 0130-1892-7047
    I'm Peng
    (PM me if you add me) Lets play Kid Icarus!!!!

Like Kid Icarus: Uprising? Like talking to people? Like talking to people about Kid Icarus: Uprising? Then click this link to go to a forum where you can do just that! And spread the word!

The fastest Pokemon in the Subway is Manectric4. It's Timid and
    Scarfed and hits a speed of 258. It also has Switcheroo, so it has a
    pretty good chance to **** up your streak. ¬¬

766 | Manectric | Timid | Choice Scarf | Switcheroo | Thunder | Volt Switch | Overheat | Spd/SpA

^Click it!^

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast