Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 353

Thread: Battle Subway Discussion & Ranking Hall~ Now With Singles Team Building Guide!

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Whoa.. that's incredible.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    here`s the team i used on bs:

    Gengar @focus sash
    Nature:Timid
    Ability:Levitate
    Evs:252 spA/ 252 sp/ 4 hp
    -Shadow ball
    -Thunder Bolt
    -Focus blast
    -Destiny bond

    My lead,and it hits fairly hard too.with its wide move pool,gengar can 2HKO many things,i use focus sash so it can score a KO before being ko-ed.then when the next poke come out,Dbond for the kill B).taking 2 pokemon down with this guy is very very easy.and in some case,if gengar manege to OHKO the first poke,it will ko the opposing team.plus,this guy can lure ghost ,dark and psychic type.wich could give latios some trouble

    Latios @ Coice specs
    Nature:modest
    abilityyep,same as above)levitate
    Evs:252 spA/ 252 sp/4 hp
    -Draco Metteor
    -Surf
    -thunder bolt
    -Ice beam

    Choice specs draco meteor Pretty much kill evrything that doesnt resist it,wich is nice considering the first 2 pokes already take down by gengar anyway.surf is there because i dont want to have a fried bug.ice beam is to handle team full of dragons (keep using draco meteor is not good).thunder bolt to complete the infamous bolt beam combo

    Scizor @Lum berry
    Nature:adamant
    ability;technician
    Evs:252 atk/252 hp/4 spd
    -Bullet punch
    -roost
    -Sword dance
    -bug bite

    this guy is to handle anything that couldnt be handled by latios and gengar.revenge kill anythingthat doesent resist bullet punch,stoping starmie and wavile from sweeping my team,toying with ice poke as it was nothing.this gus is amazing!a lot investment in hp coz i want to get as much sword dance as possible,@ 6+ atk this guys OHKO Infernape,blaziken,volcarona,ninetails ,houndoom, etc(wich will cream scizor with their fire attacks) with bullet punch!isnt that amazing?

    i cant provide a picture but i recall lost @ 147 streak due to terrible misplay


    i have gengar at full health and latios at half of its healt,the opponent send out starmie.i switch [because i thought the opponent still have 2 pokes (wich led me to my demise)],then,as guessed starmie use ice beam.gengar survive with one hp(focus sash),at this moment i realized that the opponent only have one pokemon left!i was hoping that gengar would outspeed it with 31 IVs but...starmie psychic for the kill.....you know the rest ,latios ko-ed by ice beam

    sorry if my explanation is too long,but thank for reading

  3. #278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Not really, I've used Ferrothorn before, and only neutral and super effective super effective hits do harm.
    Precisely. Thanks to ferro's low speed, i can be hit by them, whereas if Dragonite got 6 DDs in, it wouldn't get hit by any. (save for ice shard)

    @ Shuckle: Congratulations on the streak, that's awesome!

    I'm thinking of giving the subway a proper go now. I'm considering using a team of Hippowdon/Excadrill/Gastrodon. Worried about grass though -.-
    Rate My Team!

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Who! View Post
    @ Shuckle: Congratulations on the streak, that's awesome!

    I'm thinking of giving the subway a proper go now. I'm considering using a team of Hippowdon/Excadrill/Gastrodon. Worried about grass though -.-
    Thanks man (:

    Just make sure you have a way to deal with grass types, or maybe
    go with a different steel type. Gastrodon would resist it's fire
    weakness and an Air Balloon could take care of ground attacks,
    while you'd resist Gastrodon's only weakness.

    I'm going for a more casual ride in the Subway, I've wanted to use
    something for a long time, and I finally got and bred one yesterday.
    I need some help building around this;

    Sableye @ Choice Scarf
    Impish Nature
    252 HP/208 SpD/48 Def
    *Prankster*
    ~ Trick
    ~ Flash
    ~ Recover/Torment
    ~ Mean Look/Night Shade/Substitute

    She's not spectacular, but she's only 2HKO'd by Haxorus' Outrage. /:
    Priority everything is pretty useful, Flash can give me a chance to
    use Recover as well as give my sweepers a better chance to set up.
    Torment is only used with Mean Look and is a gimmick at best, but
    worth a mention. Night Shade deals with Taunt, but Sub could help
    prevent status and absorb crits.

    I've been using it with Bulk Up Breloom and CM/ID Bronzong btw.

    ^Click it!^

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    I'm not happy with the turn of events, today, I lost on Battle 45 of the Battle Subway.

    VS

    So as you can plainly see, not good for me, they pack a lot of offensive power, but I was confident in Omastar's ability, having had little to no trouble from Battle 1 to Battle 44.

    Politoed & Omastar VS. Thundurus & Tornadus
    I switch in Kingdra, Thundurus uses Volt Switch, Tornadus does ~40% to Kingdra, Politoed Scald's Virizion [no burn ]
    Politoed & Kingdra VS. Virizion & Tornadus
    Focus all energy on Virizion, left with ~10%, Tornadus and Virizion combine for ~60% on Toed. Kingdra KO's Virizion next turn, Tornadus does another ~20% to Toed.
    Politoed & Kingdra VS. Latios & Tornadus
    Latios KO's Toed, Kingdra does ~60% to Tornadus.
    Omastar & Kingdra VS. Latios & Tornadus
    Omastar pulls off a Surf thanks to a miss from Tornadus, Latios leaves it at low HP. KO'd next turn, Kingdra puts Tornadus at ~10%
    Toxicroak & Kingdra VS. Latios & Tornadus
    Sucker Punch + Waterfall = dead Latios, Tornadus uses Rest X.X
    Toxicroak & Kingdra VS. Thundurus & Tornadus
    Sucker Punch + Waterfall does ~80% to Thundurus, Kingdra KO'd by Discharge, Tornadus still sleeping.
    Toxicroak VS. Thundurus & Tornadus
    Sucker Punch KO's Thundurus, Tornadus wakes up and OHKO's with Air Slash.

    I thought about using Ice Beam on Thundurus on Turn 1, but used Scald instead. Things could have been different, Virizion would have been dead before it could attack, maybe Kingdra could've used Dragon Dance for the win, who know's?
    I ran into similar problems, it just seems like Rain is very easily exploited. Also, what was your Toxicroak setup? I wanna make sure its not a waste to train mine. If neither of these work I'm going to go along with my other idea Mienshao/Another Fake Out user + Breloom.
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

    Working on a new Singles team for Y:

    Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    My Doubles streak just ended at 61. Rock Slide just could not hit Gyarados.

    Tyranitar @ Muscle Band
    Sand Stream
    EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Speed
    Adamant
    -Rock Slide
    -Crunch
    -Superpower
    -Aqua Tail

    Obviously one of my 2 leads. Sets up the Sandstorm and does some serious damage as long as I can keep the Fighting types away or that Staraptor with Close Combat. You'll see I like Rock Slide over Stone Edge because it helps finish off Pokemon in low health and make Focus Sash/Sturdy worthless. I mainly stuck with Rock Slide and Crunch most of the time.

    Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Speed
    Timid
    -Flamethrower
    -Earth Power
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Hidden Power Grass

    My other lead. I usually like to have a Special Attacker along with my Physical Attacker and this guy was probably my MVP. Gastrodon/Quagsire/Whishcash popped up alot and his Hidden Power Grass saved me alot. Not to mention a powerful STAB Flamethrower which made the few Ice based teams I faced worthless. Dragon Pulse was almost never used since there were no Dragons during my streak. Also for some reason he got hit with quite a few Fire type moves giving him the Flash Fire boost.

    Excadrill @ Life Orb
    Sand Rush
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    Adamant
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Shadow Claw

    What's a Sandstorm team without him? I'm pretty sure he doesn't need all 252 Speed EVs in the Battle Subway with Sand Rush but I already had him and didn't feel like breeding another. He was kind of my last resort Pokemon. I didn't have the chance to use Swords Dance very often but I didn't really need it. Rock Slide gave me so quite a few clutch flinches when I needed it most. Thankfully I only ran into one of these other than the Boss. Shadow Claw I felt was useless so if anyone can tell me a better move that'd be great.

    Lucario @ Choice Specs
    Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
    Modest
    -Aura Sphere
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Dark Pulse
    -Vacuum Wave

    This guy just might've done better than Heatran. I never knew just how powerful a Vacuum Wave from this thing could be. Like Heatran's Dragon Pulse, Hidden Power Ice was barely used because of the lack of Dragon types. I can remember battle #50 where it was a showdown between him and a Zapdos with Double Team and Roost. Luckily I was already locked into Aura Sphere which eventually KO'd the thing once it stopped using Roost.

    And yes I know I have a MASSIVE Fighting/Ground weakness. I honestly don't remember the first half of the battle at all. The second half of the battle was Gyarados and Wailord vs. Lucario and Excadrill. Wailord already had 2 Curses up and had mabey about 75% of it's health remaining. Excadrill was only at about 40HP. Gyarados and Lucario each at full health (I believe).
    Excadrill used Rock Slide!
    Some damage to Wailord. Misses Gyarados!
    Gyarados used Waterfall!
    Lucario hangs on with about 25% HP
    Lucario used Aura Sphere
    Wailord fainted!
    Excadrill used Rock Slide!
    Misses Gyarados again!
    Gyarados used Waterfall!
    Excadrill fainted!
    Lucario used Aura Sphere!
    Not very effective.
    Gyarados used Waterfall!
    Lucario fainted!

    Proof
    Last edited by Larry; 8th January 2012 at 9:42 PM.

    Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Very nice! Its too bad about that stinking evade hax :/
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

    Working on a new Singles team for Y:

    Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dancin' in Dreamland
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Congrats on the streak Larry. Return will get more use on Excadrill, doing the most damage to Gliscor and who ever else.

    Funnily enough all my losses except my best run, were from evasion hax. I actually lost fair and square in my best run.(Though I can still judge them for putting out a poke that counters me dead -_-). The lowest acc move I use is 90, and evasion hax is still ever present. It's unavoidable with moves like Rock Slide/Rock Blast which are essential to their respective pokemon. Otherwise I would use all 100 acc moves.

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simipour View Post
    Congrats on the streak Larry. Return will get more use on Excadrill, doing the most damage to Gliscor and who ever else.
    I actually ran into a Gliscor around battle 53. The thing should've beaten me. I had Excadrill and Lucario out and it hit me with an EQ. My 2 barely survived and Excadrill was finished off by it's Life Orb damage. Next turn, thinking it would finish me with another EQ, it used U-Turn! Lucario survived with a spec of health and finished it with an Aura Sphere.

    Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dancin' in Dreamland
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I actually ran into a Gliscor around battle 53. The thing should've beaten me. I had Excadrill and Lucario out and it hit me with an EQ. My 2 barely survived and Excadrill was finished off by it's Life Orb damage. Next turn, thinking it would finish me with another EQ, it used U-Turn! Lucario survived with a spec of health and finished it with an Aura Sphere.
    Ive only tried singles, but Gliscor is a pain for my current team. If it runs sand veil that is. It's not like the subway needs my help with it's hax. Plus it's naturally defensive, and I don't carry ice moves.

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    10

    Default

    My streak on Super Doubles is over, so I've decided to post my team. Record settled with 112 wins, while my 2nd best streak was 99.

    So here goes my team:

    Garchomp @Yache Berry
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 252Atk/252Spd/4HP
    Ability: Sand Veil
    ~Earthquake
    ~Outrage
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Rock Slide

    One of my leads. With Yache Berry attached it's pretty hard to OHKO him. I use Earthquake most of the times but Swords Dance is used quite often because Garchomp is very bulky, even without defensive investment. Rock Slide was the last chosen move and I'm glad I did, because after replacing it for Fire Fang, the team performed even better, especially against Ice type based teams. Hitting both the opponents and the flinch hax was something very useful to step up my game. Outrage is actually the move more prone to be changed, as Dragon Claw is more reliable, because I'll assuredly hit what I want, but the lack of power compared to Outrage hasn't convinced me yet.
    Garchomp is probably the best pokemon I've used so far. I may test a Scarfed Adamant version, since on Battle Subway they aren't that fast. A Scarfed set will allow me to reach 394Atk, and since he will only need to reach 260Spd to outrun everything, I can invest more in bulkiness, being even harder to OHKO him.

    Rotom-W @Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest
    EV's: 112HP/252SpA/144Spd
    Ability: Levitate
    ~Discharge
    ~Hydro Pump
    ~HP Ice
    ~Pain Split

    The other lead. Paired with Garchomp, they form an awesome core. They are easy to play with, because most of the times I just have to use EQ /Discharge and usually both opponents faint. They are so damn good, that the other 2 members rarely battle. Discharge is obviously the most important move, as it has a high chance of paralyzing the opponents, while doing a lot of damage. Hydro Pump is the 2nd most used move and extremely helpful against defensively bulky ground type pokemons (like Donphan and Mamoswine). HP Ice is only used against Gliscor, Salamence and Dragonite, which happens rarely. The last move, Pain Split, wasn't never used, so basically Rotom only uses 2 moves. I'm thinking about replacing this Rotom for an HP Grass version, because Water/Ground Pokemons sometimes give me some troubles. What do you think guys?

    Scizor @Lum Berry
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 104HP/252Atk/152Spd
    Ability: Technician
    ~Bullet Punch
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Bug Bite
    ~Superpower

    Scizor is the back up plan when Garchomp is beaten by an Ice-type team. The only problem is that Rotom-W is usually locked into Discharge and without Protect, Scizor gets crippled unnecessarily. Scizor used to play a much more important role on my previous team (Thundurus/Scizor lead) but it's awesome typing/moves are exactly what I need: Bullet Punch to clear Ice type fellows, especially Weavile and Froslass and Bug Bite that usually OHKO the grass type pokemons that also give some problems to my Rotom/Gchomp lead.
    I just haven't adapted Scizor very well to my updated team, and I'm thinking about replacing Lum Berry for Occa Berry and invest everything in Atk/HP. What do you think guys?? Regarding Scizor's moveset, I'm not too sure as well, because Superpower isn't very useful (although it's the only way I can hit Ferrothorn hard).

    Latios @Focus Sash
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 252SpA/252Spd/4HP
    Ability: Levitate
    ~Draco Meteor
    ~Psyshock
    ~Protect
    ~Thunderbolt

    The last member entering this team and clearly the weakest link, since it doesn't add much to the team. Latios high base Speed and Levitate ability are the only useful assets he adds to my team.
    The moveset isn't as effective as I wanted it to be, so any suggestion is more than welcome. I was thinking about: Protect/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Psychic. I've also considered using Energy Ball and HP Fire, but STAB Psychock/Psychic are probably better. I'm also considering testing Gengar as it will probably pull the job much better. They have the exact same base stat Speed and SpA, but Latios outclasses in the remaining stats. However, Gengar has a much better typing...

    How I lost: This team performs extremely well in almost under any circumstance. It only has more difficulty against even faster teams (which isn't easy) and Air Ballon/Magnet Rise users.
    So, here's what happened:
    The opponent sends in Latias and Entei. I use EQ and Discharge (hoping that Latias got paralyzed so I had an easier time). Latias is the first one to attack, using Trick on my Garchomp, locking him with a Specs EQ. Garchomp attacks, and almost OHKOs Entei... Entei uses Stone Edge, leaving some damage on Rotom-W. Rotom-W finishes the job with Discharge. Then it sends in Raikou. Latias cripples a lot my Garchomp by using Draco Meteor. Raikou Magnet Rises -> my Garchomp was completely useless. On the next round Latias faints my Garchomp w/ Draco Meteor and Raikou uses Shadow Ball against Rotom. I send in Latios, use Protect and my Rotom-W faints. Scizor gets in and I used Swords Dance, while Latios faints Raikou and Latias uses Draco Meteor (-2/-3 SpA so at that time, Latias wasn't a threat, as he couldn't harm my Scizor). Finally he sends Zapdos. I Bullet Punch him right away, but the f****** attack misses!! I finally use Draco Meteor on Zapdos and he barely survives. Not much to say then because I got raped by Heat Wave and on the next round Latias faints my pretty worn down Latios. This loss made me pretty upset, because the simple fact of Scizor missing Bullet Punch completely ruined everything, because otherwise I'd have fainted Zapdos without being touched, and on the next turn Latias would be taken out easily by another Bullet Punch... So basically it would be a battle where I could have easily ended w/ a full HP Scizor, but stupid Brightpowder messed up everything...
    FC: 5157 5642 0609


  12. #287
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dancin' in Dreamland
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fake_out View Post
    My streak on Super Doubles is over, so I've decided to post my team. Record settled with 112 wins, while my 2nd best streak was 99.

    So here goes my team:

    Garchomp @Yache Berry
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 252Atk/252Spd/4HP
    Ability: Sand Veil
    ~Earthquake
    ~Outrage
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Rock Slide

    One of my leads. With Yache Berry attached it's pretty hard to OHKO him. I use Earthquake most of the times but Swords Dance is used quite often because Garchomp is very bulky, even without defensive investment. Rock Slide was the last chosen move and I'm glad I did, because after replacing it for Fire Fang, the team performed even better, especially against Ice type based teams. Hitting both the opponents and the flinch hax was something very useful to step up my game. Outrage is actually the move more prone to be changed, as Dragon Claw is more reliable, because I'll assuredly hit what I want, but the lack of power compared to Outrage hasn't convinced me yet.
    Garchomp is probably the best pokemon I've used so far. I may test a Scarfed Adamant version, since on Battle Subway they aren't that fast. A Scarfed set will allow me to reach 394Atk, and since he will only need to reach 260Spd to outrun everything, I can invest more in bulkiness, being even harder to OHKO him.

    Rotom-W @Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest
    EV's: 112HP/252SpA/144Spd
    Ability: Levitate
    ~Discharge
    ~Hydro Pump
    ~HP Ice
    ~Pain Split

    The other lead. Paired with Garchomp, they form an awesome core. They are easy to play with, because most of the times I just have to use EQ /Discharge and usually both opponents faint. They are so damn good, that the other 2 members rarely battle. Discharge is obviously the most important move, as it has a high chance of paralyzing the opponents, while doing a lot of damage. Hydro Pump is the 2nd most used move and extremely helpful against defensively bulky ground type pokemons (like Donphan and Mamoswine). HP Ice is only used against Gliscor, Salamence and Dragonite, which happens rarely. The last move, Pain Split, wasn't never used, so basically Rotom only uses 2 moves. I'm thinking about replacing this Rotom for an HP Grass version, because Water/Ground Pokemons sometimes give me some troubles. What do you think guys?

    Scizor @Lum Berry
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 104HP/252Atk/152Spd
    Ability: Technician
    ~Bullet Punch
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Bug Bite
    ~Superpower

    Scizor is the back up plan when Garchomp is beaten by an Ice-type team. The only problem is that Rotom-W is usually locked into Discharge and without Protect, Scizor gets crippled unnecessarily. Scizor used to play a much more important role on my previous team (Thundurus/Scizor lead) but it's awesome typing/moves are exactly what I need: Bullet Punch to clear Ice type fellows, especially Weavile and Froslass and Bug Bite that usually OHKO the grass type pokemons that also give some problems to my Rotom/Gchomp lead.
    I just haven't adapted Scizor very well to my updated team, and I'm thinking about replacing Lum Berry for Occa Berry and invest everything in Atk/HP. What do you think guys?? Regarding Scizor's moveset, I'm not too sure as well, because Superpower isn't very useful (although it's the only way I can hit Ferrothorn hard).

    Latios @Focus Sash
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 252SpA/252Spd/4HP
    Ability: Levitate
    ~Draco Meteor
    ~Psyshock
    ~Protect
    ~Thunderbolt

    The last member entering this team and clearly the weakest link, since it doesn't add much to the team. Latios high base Speed and Levitate ability are the only useful assets he adds to my team.
    The moveset isn't as effective as I wanted it to be, so any suggestion is more than welcome. I was thinking about: Protect/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Psychic. I've also considered using Energy Ball and HP Fire, but STAB Psychock/Psychic are probably better. I'm also considering testing Gengar as it will probably pull the job much better. They have the exact same base stat Speed and SpA, but Latios outclasses in the remaining stats. However, Gengar has a much better typing...

    How I lost: This team performs extremely well in almost under any circumstance. It only has more difficulty against even faster teams (which isn't easy) and Air Ballon/Magnet Rise users.
    So, here's what happened:
    The opponent sends in Latias and Entei. I use EQ and Discharge (hoping that Latias got paralyzed so I had an easier time). Latias is the first one to attack, using Trick on my Garchomp, locking him with a Specs EQ. Garchomp attacks, and almost OHKOs Entei... Entei uses Stone Edge, leaving some damage on Rotom-W. Rotom-W finishes the job with Discharge. Then it sends in Raikou. Latias cripples a lot my Garchomp by using Draco Meteor. Raikou Magnet Rises -> my Garchomp was completely useless. On the next round Latias faints my Garchomp w/ Draco Meteor and Raikou uses Shadow Ball against Rotom. I send in Latios, use Protect and my Rotom-W faints. Scizor gets in and I used Swords Dance, while Latios faints Raikou and Latias uses Draco Meteor (-2/-3 SpA so at that time, Latias wasn't a threat, as he couldn't harm my Scizor). Finally he sends Zapdos. I Bullet Punch him right away, but the f****** attack misses!! I finally use Draco Meteor on Zapdos and he barely survives. Not much to say then because I got raped by Heat Wave and on the next round Latias faints my pretty worn down Latios. This loss made me pretty upset, because the simple fact of Scizor missing Bullet Punch completely ruined everything, because otherwise I'd have fainted Zapdos without being touched, and on the next turn Latias would be taken out easily by another Bullet Punch... So basically it would be a battle where I could have easily ended w/ a full HP Scizor, but stupid Brightpowder messed up everything...
    Nice streak, I probably would go with the HP Grass on Rotom. Outrage should wreck dragons anyway. And Hydro Pump does more to Gliscor than HP Ice. But you don't have anything to really hurt water/grounds.

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    Ok, I added Larry and fake_out to the leaderboard. Good job guys.

    ^Click it!^

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I got up to the Train Boss. He destroyed my team. D:

    EDIT: Of the Singles Train nonetheless. I feel so ashamed. D:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/16k80me.png[/IMG]
    I'm new to serebii, so...
    ...
    ...
    Hey

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Hey guys!
    Can I get some help finding a third member for my team? i want to take on Single Battles:
    That's what I have:

    Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Iv's: 31/31/31/*/31/7 EV's: 252HP/88 Def/168 SpD
    Iron Barbs
    ~ Gyro Ball
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Protect
    ~ Spikes

    Chandelure @ Leftovers
    Timid
    IV's 31/*/31/31/31/31 EV's: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 SPE
    Flash Fire
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Shadow Ball

    Now, what you guys think of this team so far? Also, which pokémon would be best to add to this team?

  16. #291

    Default

    this may seem wierd but i love starting out doubles with a whimisicott sigilyph combo

    Whimsicott @ Leftovers
    Flawless prankster w/ Leftovers
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Encore
    ~Stun Spore
    ~substitute

    Sigilyph @
    Magic Guard Flawless w/ Flame Orb
    ~Cosmic Power
    ~roost
    ~Stored Power
    ~Psycho Shift

    Nine times to ten i crush the opposition just with these two...i just want to know if anyone else uses them?
    ~
    FC- 0991 1363 6847
    Name-Ethan

  17. #292
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    283

    Default

    I have been wanting to make a good Subway team for a long time so could you guys please check out and rate my team here:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-the-KILL!-RMT

    Or should I not use any of that and go for the ever popular Drizzle and make a Rain team?
    im not sure about anything

  18. #293
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Would an Eviolite Palpitoad with a set like the one under likely do well in the Subway for a Drizzle team, or would it be best to find a different Pokemon to fill it's role?

    Palpitoad @Eviolite
    Bold/Calm
    Hydration
    252HP | 128Def | 128SpDef
    -Scald
    -Mud Shot
    -Rest
    -Rain Dance/ Aqua Ring

    Scald for damage and chance of burn. Mud Shot for a bit of damage but also to lower speed and poop on sweepers. Rest for obvious healing paired with Hydration for instant pain relief. The last slot could be either Rain Dance in case Politoed died and the weather changed from something like Abomnasnow or Aqua Ring for some extrra healing, a bit like a Leftovers replacement.

    Again, would the above set function well on a Drizzle Subway team or should the Pokemon be scrapped in favor of a better Hydration user/ Rain wall??
    im not sure about anything

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Hi, I've just finished my Super Doubles streak at 65 wins.

    VIDEO ADDED AND EV's UPDATED

    My team was:

    Politoed @Choice Scarf
    Drizzle
    Timid
    4HP/252Sp.A/252Spe
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Psychic

    Ludicolo @Absorb Bulb
    Swift Swim
    Modest
    40HP/4Def/252Sp.A/212Spe
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Giga Drain
    - Fake Out

    Gastrodon @Rindo Berry
    Storm Drain
    Calm
    92HP/160Def/252Sp.A/4Spe
    - Scald
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover

    Empoleon @Leftovers
    Torrent
    Timid
    20Def/252Sp.A/236Spe
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Grass Knot
    - Agility

    If you look at the Smogon Subway records this isn't really anything new except Empoleon and he's just there to be original and was just thrown on for the sake of being thrown on. Basic strategy involved a lot of surf! It boosted Ludicolo and Gastrodon and that really helped.

    How I lost: Battle Video: 48-94546-02508
    Came up against a Serperior and Typhlosion. I then messed up and Ice Beamed with Poli and Surfed with Ludi. I meant that to be the other way around. As such Ludi didn't get the boost AND got hit by gastro acid. I switched Ludi and Poli was seen off as Typhlosion used Sunny Day. Typhlosion was also packing Solarbeam (bye bye Poli and Gastro) and the other two pokes were Manectric and Electrode (GAME OVER!). It was fun while it lasted and I'll def give most of this team a try again.

    Observations:
    - 99% of the time I surfed with both Poli and Ludi on the first time so Poli was almost always stuck with Surf and other moves were farly redundant, especially Focus Blast and Psychic.
    - Ludicolo is too fast :P It doesn't get the +1 Sp.A boost until the end of the first time.
    - Gastrodon rocked - it got so many boosts and was very sturdy and just knocked out loads of things. It was also a useful combat to trick room teams.
    - Empoleon was put in for filler and orginiality most of the time didn't see the field of play but was useful at times and it's resistances were useful. Considered using Flash Cannon over Ice Beam or Grass Knot (I don't want to lose Agility as its an egg move)
    - I was very lucky - I didn't see a single legendary in this streak and I was worrying about Zapdos, Articuno, Thundurus and Tornadus (as I couldn't do damage calcs to see how I'd get on with just surfing them)
    Last edited by Pidj; 17th March 2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Updating proof
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

        Spoiler:- Gen V:

  20. #295
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidj View Post
    Hi, I've just finished my Super Doubles streak at 65 wins.
    Congrats! I am going to do a drizzle team too soon but probably in singles.

    Its sad how no one posts here.

    Anyways I got my streak to 41 in Super Singles and them made the biggest fail. I'm so pissed. It was Roserade against my Gengar. Roserade's moves were Toxic/Protect/Leech Seed/Giga Drain. It leech seeded me and kept stalling for healing as Giga Drain would have done nothing to me. I was hitting it so little and then it would just heal right up with protect and was really wearing down my health. I tried to stall its Protect's PP but I got KO'd. I should have Destiny Bonded right before as I knew I would from seed damage... arg. Then went in Slowbro, Giga Drain for the KO. Terrakion used Stone Edge about 60% damage, KO with a crit Giga Drain. That was probably the stupidest battle of my life. I think I should have swapped out Gengar sooner or Destiny Bonded it, that might have helped, but it did show me it could have KO'd my Pokemon anyway. Darn, I was doing so well that streak, oh well I guess.
    im not sure about anything

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Hey guys! I know its been awhile since I've been on, but I had some new ideas for a Battle Subway Doubles team since my other one didn't go as planned. The idea I want to run with is one that takes out Sturdy and Focus Sash users without the need for Priority moves, so I had an idea: Hail.

    Hail teams are pretty much overlooked because of the fact that they have a massive number of weaknesses and no definite way to cover them. So basically, I'm just curious what you guys think of what I came up with. I did consider a Sandstorm team, but the problem is, most sturdy users are rock, ground, or steel, so that really makes Sandstorm useless for that purpose.

    My team idea-v (Please note, I would post this in the actual rating area, but the team is nowhere near finished and I need advice.)
    Abomasnow- Spams Blizzard, uses Leech Seed, as well as Toxic stalling with Protect.
    Jynx- The huge twist, I decided to give her Trick Room. Besides the obvious Blizzard and Lovely Kiss for support.
    Cloyster- Heres the damage dealer. With Skill Link mixed with Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, and Spike Cannon, as well as Ice Shard for Priority.
    Escavalier- The last guy has some huge holes to fill and lets face it, its impossible to fill them all. Overcoat negates Hail Damage. Escavalier is a physical powerhouse and thats all he needs to be.

    Basically just want advice and to know if this even has a chance of succeeding. I could just go all out Trick Room, but I'm not sure.
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

    Working on a new Singles team for Y:

    Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontamer1011 View Post
    Hey guys! I know its been awhile since I've been on, but I had some new ideas for a Battle Subway Doubles team since my other one didn't go as planned. The idea I want to run with is one that takes out Sturdy and Focus Sash users without the need for Priority moves, so I had an idea: Hail.

    Hail teams are pretty much overlooked because of the fact that they have a massive number of weaknesses and no definite way to cover them. So basically, I'm just curious what you guys think of what I came up with. I did consider a Sandstorm team, but the problem is, most sturdy users are rock, ground, or steel, so that really makes Sandstorm useless for that purpose.

    My team idea-v (Please note, I would post this in the actual rating area, but the team is nowhere near finished and I need advice.)
    Abomasnow- Spams Blizzard, uses Leech Seed, as well as Toxic stalling with Protect.
    Jynx- The huge twist, I decided to give her Trick Room. Besides the obvious Blizzard and Lovely Kiss for support.
    Cloyster- Heres the damage dealer. With Skill Link mixed with Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, and Spike Cannon, as well as Ice Shard for Priority.
    Escavalier- The last guy has some huge holes to fill and lets face it, its impossible to fill them all. Overcoat negates Hail Damage. Escavalier is a physical powerhouse and thats all he needs to be.

    Basically just want advice and to know if this even has a chance of succeeding. I could just go all out Trick Room, but I'm not sure.
    Hey, I'm glad to see you haven't given up on the subway.

    Personally I really like hail, I've only played with hail and rain so far with weather but although I've done (a lot) better with rain I just find hail fun.

    The Abomasnow I have is scarfed and I think that helps in doubles although having a leech seeder is certainly viable. I thought about that myself. The scarf obviously wouldn't help you TR idea

    Jynx looks interesting. Magic guard Reuniclus could help set up trick room and it won't take any damage. But then you'd want to add another blizzard abuser somewhere perhaps.

    Escavalier adds another fire weakness as I'm sure you're aware but it is very difficult to cover all the weaknesses as you say.
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

        Spoiler:- Gen V:

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidj View Post
    Hey, I'm glad to see you haven't given up on the subway.

    Personally I really like hail, I've only played with hail and rain so far with weather but although I've done (a lot) better with rain I just find hail fun.

    The Abomasnow I have is scarfed and I think that helps in doubles although having a leech seeder is certainly viable. I thought about that myself. The scarf obviously wouldn't help you TR idea

    Jynx looks interesting. Magic guard Reuniclus could help set up trick room and it won't take any damage. But then you'd want to add another blizzard abuser somewhere perhaps.

    Escavalier adds another fire weakness as I'm sure you're aware but it is very difficult to cover all the weaknesses as you say.
    Pidj you're still around! Good to see ya! Thanks for the advice. I knew that I was adding a huge fire weakness with Escavalier, but he covered too many other weaknesses to just forget about him. I think I might just go with a general Trick Room team.
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

    Working on a new Singles team for Y:

    Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    140

    Default

    This isn't a video of a streak at all. I just wanted to show everyone a miracle:

    46-42997-50934

    I saved the video because I've never seen this before and probably never again. 5 focus blast hits in a row. For those wondering why I stuck with FB my Politoed was scarfed
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

        Spoiler:- Gen V:

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Are you going to have shell smash on your cloyster then if your running TR?
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:


    Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •