Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Battle Subway Discussion & Ranking Hall~ Now With Singles Team Building Guide!

Double battles streak just ended at 65. Lost to team starting with terrakion, cresselia with cobalion and regigigas.
    Everything was going great till bright powder holding, double teaming regigigas came out and everyones attacks started missing. Didn't land a single hit before slow start wore off. Machamp was already taken out before regigigas came out or it wouldn't have been a problem. Could have gotten a lot further, probably should have just switched machamp out for metagross at the beginning. I'll just have to try again. Any thoughts or comments about the team are appreciated.

Here's the team I used.

I know none of my team uses any kind of multiple hitting moves but Its worked out pretty well.

Alduin
    adamant, multiscale
    stats at lvl 50: 182/185/115/108/114/130
    Dragon Claw
    Fire Punch
    Dragon Dance
    Roost

One of my leads. Can always survive the start of the fight and start powering up to wreck havoc later on and has great coverage for what ever may come. I pair him with my other lead machamp to take out all of his weaknesses.

ChapyChop
    adamant, no guard
    stats at lvl 50: 197/187/99/74/101/70 (has an 8iv in attack, sucks I know, but too lazy to breed haha)
    DynamicPunch
    Stone Edge
    Ice Punch
    Protect

My other lead. Usualy just dynamic punches everything to death or protects. End up using protect a lot more than what I orginally planned but a lot of the time he ends up very low on health and draws all the attacks from dragonite so he can set up even more or get extra hits in. I'll often switch machamp out with metagross when it gets too threatening for him, but only when hes at good hp otherwise he'll just die anyways due to the slow speed.

Ducky
    bold, download
    stats at lvl 50: 191/81/128/121/127/80
    Tri Attack
    Ice Beam
    Recover
    Thunderbolt

Overall great extra team member who is the tank for the team. He got me through the subway boss at 8hp haha. Usualy gets thrown in when I dont know the next pokemon switching in. Has basically perfect coverage, and is the much needed special attacker to change things up a little.

Metanite
    jolly, clear body
    stats at lvl 50: 168/172/159/97/115/110
    Meteor Mash
    Zen Headbutt
    Bullet Punch
    Hammer Arm

Metagross is the perfect compliment to dragonite and machamp. He can take any hit thats super effective on them like a boss. And is able to do some serious damage in return. Bullet punch was a relatively new addition over rock slide for him and it has been awesome taking out injured foes that would other wise get an extra turn in. He can often be switched in to replace machamp when theres too many physic attackers.

proof.
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/2u887c3.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by pokemans1; 26th April 2012 at 4:55 AM.
    3ds FC: 3265-5226-6548

Nice streak dude! I'll get you edited in soon.

^Click it!^

94 Win Streak

Who's that Pokemon behind?

This is my first long streak, and I'm happy about it

Spoiler:- my team:

Spoiler:- how I lost:

Spoiler:- other videos:
    Last edited by misterdarvus; 27th April 2012 at 6:27 AM.

Good work man, congrats, I'll be editing the op in a few days.

^Click it!^

My latest epic fail-v

http://youtu.be/FzskR_Tduzs
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

Working on a new Singles team for Y:

Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

^ Wow, that couldn't have gone much worse. Sorry dude /:

That Walrein is nasty and bulky as hell.

^Click it!^

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
    ^ Wow, that couldn't have gone much worse. Sorry dude /:

That Walrein is nasty and bulky as hell.
    I know right. My favorite part is how my 100% Accurate Outrage misses twice and then he hits once I hit... Lol.
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

Working on a new Singles team for Y:

Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

that .0036% chance that your supposedly 100% accuracy outrage misses....
    and the 9% chance it lands a Sheer Cold and then a Fissure right after... sucks bro. all that hard work down the drain from luck hax.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

Updated the OP with a guide for building a singles team, it's under all the spoilers in the first post.

Still haven't updated the leaderboard, sorry guys, I'll get to it soon.

^Click it!^

EDIT: post moved
    Last edited by dewey911p; 9th May 2012 at 8:03 AM.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemans1 View Post
    Double battles streak just ended at 65. Lost to team starting with terrakion, cresselia with cobalion and regigigas.
    Everything was going great till bright powder holding, double teaming regigigas came out and everyones attacks started missing. Didn't land a single hit before slow start wore off. Machamp was already taken out before regigigas came out or it wouldn't have been a problem. Could have gotten a lot further, probably should have just switched machamp out for metagross at the beginning. I'll just have to try again. Any thoughts or comments about the team are appreciated.

Here's the team I used.

I know none of my team uses any kind of multiple hitting moves but Its worked out pretty well.

Alduin
    adamant, multiscale
    stats at lvl 50: 182/185/115/108/114/130
    Dragon Claw
    Fire Punch
    Dragon Dance
    Roost

One of my leads. Can always survive the start of the fight and start powering up to wreck havoc later on and has great coverage for what ever may come. I pair him with my other lead machamp to take out all of his weaknesses.

ChapyChop
    adamant, no guard
    stats at lvl 50: 197/187/99/74/101/70 (has an 8iv in attack, sucks I know, but too lazy to breed haha)
    DynamicPunch
    Stone Edge
    Ice Punch
    Protect

My other lead. Usualy just dynamic punches everything to death or protects. End up using protect a lot more than what I orginally planned but a lot of the time he ends up very low on health and draws all the attacks from dragonite so he can set up even more or get extra hits in. I'll often switch machamp out with metagross when it gets too threatening for him, but only when hes at good hp otherwise he'll just die anyways due to the slow speed.

Ducky
    bold, download
    stats at lvl 50: 191/81/128/121/127/80
    Tri Attack
    Ice Beam
    Recover
    Thunderbolt

Overall great extra team member who is the tank for the team. He got me through the subway boss at 8hp haha. Usualy gets thrown in when I dont know the next pokemon switching in. Has basically perfect coverage, and is the much needed special attacker to change things up a little.

Metanite
    jolly, clear body
    stats at lvl 50: 168/172/159/97/115/110
    Meteor Mash
    Zen Headbutt
    Bullet Punch
    Hammer Arm

Metagross is the perfect compliment to dragonite and machamp. He can take any hit thats super effective on them like a boss. And is able to do some serious damage in return. Bullet punch was a relatively new addition over rock slide for him and it has been awesome taking out injured foes that would other wise get an extra turn in. He can often be switched in to replace machamp when theres too many physic attackers.

proof.
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/2u887c3.jpg[/IMG]
    nice record! I will go to the double subway soon because I feel motivated now

3DS FC: 0130-1892-7047
    I'm Peng \( ゚◡゚)/

102 Streak.

Team was -

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
    Jolly
    Sand Veil
    4/252/0/0/0/252
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Swords Dance
    Fire Fang

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Iron Barbs
    255/0/155/0/100/0
    Leech Seed
    Power Whip
    Gyro Ball
    Protect

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
    Modest
    Flash Fire
    0/0/0/255/0/255
    Shadow Ball
    Flamethrower
    Overheat
    Energy Ball

Lost due to a silly mistake, didn't switch Chandelure out for Ferrothorn when I should have.

Going to remake Ferrothorn and Chandelure with better EV spreads, then give it another try with the same team.

Current Battle Subway Super Singles Record - 102 -

Current Battle Subway Super Doubles Record - 55 -

Got everyone updated into the leaderboard! Let me know if there are any mistakes.

Edit: Did some rearranging as well, the leaderboard is now in the 1st post with the form and the links/threats/guide are in the 2nd post.

^Click it!^

Got everyone updated into the leaderboard! Let me know if there are any mistakes.
    I have a Chandelure, not Suicune.

Thanks for updating the leaderboard!
    Current Battle Subway Super Singles Record - 102 -

Current Battle Subway Super Doubles Record - 55 -

Bawwww, lol.

I'll fix that now.

^Click it!^

Really slight one on mine. You forgot the backslash between 2 of my Pokemon's names on the doubles leaderboard.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

LoL, and that's what happens when you update threads via iphone.

*Fixes

^Click it!^

For the Battle Subway I need 2 other Pokemon that go well with Cofagrigus but they must be obtainable in Pokemon White

Steel and dark type Pokemon would be good choices, but it really depends on what moveset he's running and what kind of team you're trying to build.

^Click it!^

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ay-Night-Watch

yay got 75 the team is in this thread so is the proof, feel i can do better so may be giving it another run at some point!

lost due to gengar and me misplaying the first move then it all went down hill but at least it was a human error not one with the team thats why i'll be having another go..

I see these streaks and I feel weak...I get destroyed by the lvl 21 subway boss in single mode....gonna retry once I find a piplup/empoleon
    CubMilitia

DWF: (Black 1)
    DWF:

White 2 FC: 0605-4535-7783

3DS FC: 1435 3966 1591

Trying to make a decent streak with a sand team, so far my highest is only 42 with these guys:

Note: All my pokemon have flawless IVs.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Sassy
    252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 SpD
    Sand Stream
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Ice Beam

This guy is actually a tank when it comes to special defense, he is usually solid at absorbing the water attacks that tend to destroy my team, unless they are in rain or are physical. I'm not sure what to replace stealth rock with, it irks me to get rid of egg moves..

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
    Adamant
    4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Sand Rush
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ X-Scissor
    ~ Swords Dance

I'm not sure if I need to change anything with this guy, he absolutely wreaks havoc. Air balloon is an awesome help especially when I'm using my Garchomp as I can safely switch in on an earthquake and either set up or nail the opponent with his already insane attack power. X-scissor has helped me out when i would have otherwise been walled during a sweep as well, such as a bronzong.

Garchomp @ Brightpowder
    Jolly
    4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Sand Veil
    ~ Dragon Claw
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Earthquake

This is the moveset I'm the most unsure about, mainly Dragon Claw and Substitute. Although Garchomp gave me a higher streak than I ever got with Landorus replacing him (42), he can be risky to use and set up. The sand veil/powder hax can sure be a game changer though.

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Sand Force
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Hidden Power (Ice)
    ~ U-Turn

This is the pokemon I rotate with Garchomp, he has never gotten a streak as high as chomp, however. I'm not too sure if I need a scarf on him considering excadrill has insane speed with his ability, and hidden power ice hasn't done me much justice as stone edge hits dragon types extremely hard anyways. Ground types also aren't really a problem.

I was also thinking about using a Virizion as my third slot, as it is only 2x weak to Ice and can tank the water/ice pokemon extremely well with its high Sp. Defence. Maybe a Calm Mind set?
    Last edited by Ryze; 25th July 2012 at 5:13 PM.

I'd put protect over stealth rock on Tyranitar.
    Maybe put air balloon on Tyranitar and a focus sash on Excadrill
    For Garchomp maybe go with rock slide/Earthquake/Dragon Claw or Outrage/maybe sword dance as last spot
    i'd put life orb on garchomp as well as you can't rely on hax too much.

how come you went for a mixed attacker on Tyranitar? your better of going for just one and changing the nature.

The real trouble is your chomp/tyra/exca all have very similar moves and so a calm mind virizion would be useful maybe
    Calm Mind/Giga Drain/Hidden Power Ice not sure for last move.. hope this helps at least to some point

Hello sorry for double posting but felt I had to share this.
    randomn00b made a thread here http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...tle-Subway-RMT which uses the new released Durant with truant and Entrainment. The Subway will not switch out as well which means an advantage of prediction. Durant coupled with a sweeper such as dragonite and using both protect and dragon dance can lead to amazing things in the subway. Although I myself don't have access to wifi this strategy has been used with great success over at smogon so thought I draw attention to it here.

^ Final and I had been talking about this for the last year or so.

It's a good idea, but ruined by any leads with Protect. The AI knows your Truant and will Protect every turn you aren't loafing around. That's pretty much the only problem I could see personally, without a Scarf Meinshao will Fake Out+HJK and KO every time. There are a few more threats, but those are the 2 biggest ones.

^Click it!^

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast