Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Battle Subway Discussion & Ranking Hall~ Now With Singles Team Building Guide!

I guess to avoid that the third pokemon would be there purely to deal with problems such as Protect, Detect, fakeout, U-turn and Volt Switch.

Which is where Chandelure comes in, or to a lesser extent Wobbuffett.

Either that or something with Block, Mean Look or Spider Web.

^Click it!^

Volt Switch is much more of a problem as Durant has awful sp.Def only 48
    Yet U-Turn is physical which durant can handle.
    If durant uses Choice Scarf and goes all out on speed then it is faster then everything as its at 265 manectric reaches 258.
    So it should be able to survive to set up on the next pokemon.
    Garchomp or another ground pokemon could be used to switch in on volt and fake out.

So, after two days of grinding out on the Battle Subway Super Double Line, not only was I able to beat Emmet, I come away with a 119 win streak. I'm quite stunned at how well my new team gelled together, never in all my years of playing Pokemon have I ever accomplished anything like this... it makes all the breeding and training worthwhile. (my entire team created in-game, not RNGed. Metagross and Yanmega were bred, Garchomp I acquired via the GTS, and Gyarados is the Magikarp you get on Marvelous Bridge - the first try, I got an Adamant Magikarp with "Outstanding" potential and needless to say, it's one of my prized team members.)

Metagross @ Lum Berry
    Adamant
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpDef
    Clear Body
    - Bullet Punch
    - Meteor Mash
    - Hammer Arm
    - Earthquake

|Metagross makes for a great bulky attacking lead, with many useful resistances. The AI almost always targets Yanmega first, being the more frail Pokémon, which gives Metagross a free turn to put a dent in anything. Bullet Punch has saved me on numerous occasions; I strongly recommend having a priority move on your team, it's so helpful to scrape off that last bit of HP from a faster opponent.

Yanmega @ Life Orb
    Modest
    252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
    Speed Boost
    - Bug Buzz
    - Air Slash
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Detect

|Yanmega's role is very simple; Detect on the first turn, then outspeed everything and deal out heavy damage with STAB moves. Might seem like an odd choice at first, but Yanmega is an incredible counter to a lot of annoying Subway Pokémon; Umbreon, Slowbro/Slowking, bulky grass types like Meganium/Venusaur/Vileplume, Cresselia, and so on. Also, it's physical bulk isn't terrible, Emmet's Haxorus' +1 Dragon Claw didn't even OHKO it.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
    Adamant
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
    Sand Veil
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge

|Another heavy physical hitter, good for switching in on Electric/Rock moves aimed at Yanmega. Also, Earthquake is a great move with two Flying-types on the team. Focus Sash is attached because Yache Berry doesn't really help much with a 4x weakness, and it's saved me against numerous Ice Beams and Blizzards, giving Garchomp one more big hit the next turn.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
    Intimidate
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance

|Another big physical threat with good typing. Intimidate helps out a lot – Gyarados is almost always the automatic switch-in for whenever Yanmega faints, cutting the Attack of whoever's left on the field and allowing for Metagross/Garchomp to continue Earthquaking. Alternatively, Gyarados can set up a Dragon Dance if it has the time to, and become somewhat like the physical variant of Yanmega.

Lost against a team of Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus and Terrakion. Metagross was nearly KOed by Earth Power from Landorus first turn, then finished off with a Volt Switch off Thundurus the next. Yanmega knocked out Landorus with HP Ice, then Garchomp joined in place of my fainted Metagross. Terrakion and Tornadus come out; Terrakion is knocked out with a combination of Earthquake and Air Slash, then Tornadus' first Hurricane is Detected before it knocks out Yanmega with a second Hurricane. Sent out Gyarados, who was promptly dispatched by a Volt Switch from the returning Thundurus. Garchomp smacks Tornadus with two Outrages, then gets confused. Thundurus hits Garchomp with Focus Blast; Garchomp hits itself in confusion. Thundurus hits the second Focus Blast and there goes my streak. :/

Spoiler:- Proof:

All in all, I'm incredibly thrilled with this streak, never thought I could achieve anything like it.
    Last edited by magikrap; 7th August 2012 at 3:14 AM.
    3DS FC: 2664 3135 8148

White 2 FC: 1722 1004 9519
    White FC: 3396 3228 3911
    SS FC: 2150 3224 4558
    OT: Glen

Congrats dude, nice streak!

I'll edit you in when I get a chance in the next few days.

^Click it!^

Bumping because I can.

Added magikrap to the leaderboard.

^Click it!^

Maybe add U-turn/Volt Switch/Explosion users to the OP? These can potentially ruin teams relying on crippling a pokemon and setting up on it to win.

Anyways, I'm at 50 and I'm confident I can break my previous record w/ Whimsicott/Durant/Dragonite.

Edit: Lost at 145.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
    Timid
    252 Speed
    Prankster
    Taunt
    Encore
    Knock Off
    Memento

Prevents the opponent from Protect stalling Durant and stops Flame Charge users from outrunning and KOing Durant.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    252 HP/4 SpD/252 Speed
    Truant
    Entrainment
    X-Scissor
    Superpower
    Protect

Truants the opponent. X-Scissor and Superpower for attacking moves, and Protect for stalling Curse Steels.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Speed
    Multiscale
    Substitute
    Protect
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw

The star of the team. He has 3 lives: himself, the Sub, and Multiscale. SubProtect/DD stall until I'm ready to sweep.

I made a really stupid mistake. I Taunt and Knock Off Curse/Rest Ferro in first 2 turns, then try to stall it with Durant (this is where everything went downhill), it outstalls me using me as Curse fodder, then I make the really stupid mistake of switching Dragonite into a Gyro Ball, leaving it with 13 HP. I didn't think of DD/Protect stalling for some reason considering it was Truant'd. Then, I switch to Whimsicott for some reason and I go down to Sash with Payback (I'm pretty much up in arms at this point), it KOes next turn with Payback. I try DD/Protect stalling, but I forgot which one I used last and they KOed me with Payback.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 9th September 2012 at 5:26 AM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Are flawless IVs needed in the battle subway, or will 27+ suffice?
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

@vandslaux: Good idea about the switching/exploding, I'll work that up soon, and congrats on the streak! I'll add you soon.

@Jirachi: You're gonna want 31 IV's in the stats you're using AT LEAST. Attackers need ATK or SpA and Spe, while defensive pkmn want HP always and Def or SpD

^Click it!^

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Snorlax View Post
    @Jirachi: You're gonna want 31 IV's in the stats you're using AT LEAST. Attackers need ATK or SpA and Spe, while defensive pkmn want HP always and Def or SpD
    Yep, I've got 31 IV's in the stats I'm using, I was just wondering about the other stats.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

A question. For the subway, if I want to EV train some pokemon, what could be the best way to distribute the EV training items. For example, if I were to have a pokemon which is positive for attack but lowering in the defense. Should I give a decent amount of every EV raising item or just focus on a just one or a few items and find some other pokemon to complement for that one's disability?
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!
    Battle Videos: 76-46243-30729

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, ?

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15
    Battle Videos: 36-03893-83060 88-74442-00286 52-66455-14677

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9
    Battle Videos: 14-81671-46200 93-70560-35930

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    Yep, I've got 31 IV's in the stats I'm using, I was just wondering about the other stats.
    I only had 31 in speed, and that was enough to do ok. I bred my Pokemon manually, so it was a pain to try and max everything else. I guess it does depend on the needs of your team though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    A question. For the subway, if I want to EV train some pokemon, what could be the best way to distribute the EV training items. For example, if I were to have a pokemon which is positive for attack but lowering in the defense. Should I give a decent amount of every EV raising item or just focus on a just one or a few items and find some other pokemon to complement for that one's disability?
    I'm not quite sure I understand your question. Are you asking whether it's better to invest heavily in certain stats (for example, 252/252 in Atk and Spe) or whether it's better to have well-rounded EVs (eg 84/84/84/84/84/84)?

If that's your question, then definitely the former. For a sweeper, you'll pretty much always want to maximise the attacking stat they're using because they need to deal as much damage as possible; for example, Excadrill, a physical sweeper, will generally want 252 Atk EVs, whereas Chandelure would want 252 SpA EVs. Of course, the exact distribution of EVs depends on the Pokemon, its role and your team, but the general rule is to focus on two or three stats.

Hope that helps ^^;

Cool

I finally beat the Subway Boss on the super double line today. Here is my team (RNGed them all myself across two generations too ):

#469 Yanmega @Life Orb
    Modest - Speed Boost - 31/31/31/30/30/31 - 8 Def/250 SAt/252 Spd
    Hidden Power Ground - Protect - Air Slash - Bug Buzz

#485 Heatran @Air Balloon
    Timid - Flash Fire - 31/6/31/30/31/31 - 252 SAt/4 SDf/254 Spd
    Earth Power - Toxic - Heat Wave - Hidden Power Grass

#135 Jolteon @Focus Sash
    Timid - Volt Absorb - 31/30/30/31/31/31 - 254 SAt/4 SDf/252 Spd
    Helping Hand - Shadow Ball - Thunderbolt - Hidden Power Ice

#381 Latios @Wise Glasses
    Timid - Levitate - 31/31/30/30/31/30 - 5 HP/252 SAt/253 Spd
    Dragon Pulse - Hidden Power Fire - Psyshock - Surf

I always lead with Yanmega and Heatran and 97% of the time I lead with Protect and Heat Wave. On occasion I was facing a Flash Fire pokemon that needed an Earth Power to the face, so I started there. Yanmega is an amazing pokemon that scares the hell out of the A.I. so much so that he was virtually the sole target until he died. I had several battles where I was able to win without a scratch because Heatran was never targeted and protect would cover me long enough for Heat Wave to take them both out. Even better, after 1 turn there is no pokemon that can out run him with out a scarf or boost. Air Slash also has an pretty nice flinch rate which helps out a lot too. The good news ended there though because his defenses are so bad and his weaknesses so many he was an easy OHKO and hardly survived being hit by any serious attack (priority moves aside from Ice Shard were never much trouble either). Once Yanmega went down it all depended on what pokemon were on the field but I usually went with Latios. Most of the time it was just clean up by this point any way, but there were a few close calls still.

Jolteon is also frail so he got a Focus Sash so I could ensure he would be around for more than just one turn. Air Balloon would have been nice too, but Heatran already had that so Focus Sash was the next best choice.

Latios pretty much just cleaned up with Psyshock or Dragon Pulse most of the time and an occasional HP Fire. Surf was there but hardly used since Heatran was so damn resilient and Jolteon was so frail I didn't want to take them out too.

I'm at a 63 win streak now but I think I will rest a bit and give the single line a shot. I haven't lost yet, but I really want to do conquer singles too! I like this team and I think I will try and adapt it to singles, not sure how that will play out, but it is a fun team so let's see

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to add the battle log courtesy of Pokecheck's Vs. Player. That is the battle against the boss though. I meant to save the video for win #63 but I clicked to fast and hit the default no on the second verification prompt ~.~
    Last edited by dewey911p; 27th October 2012 at 2:49 AM.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Can anyone help me with my batle team for batle subway? The super line is giving me trouble. I never reach the 49ş batle to fight Ingo.
    My team:
    Mienshao:
    Jolly
    Ev: 4 hp/252 atk/ 252 spd
    item: life orb
    moveset: fake out/ drain punch/ u-turn/ hi jump kick (i use the two fight moves for diferent things)

Hydreigon:
    modest
    Ev:4 hp/ 252 sp.atk/252 spd
    item: expert belt
    moveset: surf/ flametrower/ dark pulse/ dragon pulse (i had many problens with draco meteor, so i prefer dragon pulse)

Gyrados
    Jolly
    Ev: 4hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spd
    moveset: waterfall/ dragon dance/ earthquake/ ice fang
    item: levtovers

I start with mienshao using fake out and after using drain punch or hi jjump kick (depending of the enemie) or using u-turn on a psichc type and trading for my hydreigon, then using dark pulse. I use my gyarados when i need.

Someone have any idea of what should I trade? I already tried many teams, and this one was the one who gets more far, but I can´t even reach at Ingo.

OBS: I prefer to use swepers than walls and status inducers. I can´t use then really well. If anyone can teach one or two things I would be very glady.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoop View Post

Ferrothorn@leftovers
    Sassy nature
    252hp/60 def/196sp.def
    Power whip
    leech seed
    protect (very good vs high jump kickers and slaking)
    toxic
    Hi, I have a question as a bit of a metagame noob... Is there a reason why you are making Ferrothorn more special defensive than defensive? With the way you have your Nature and EVs, with matching IVs in both defensive stats, Special Defense would come out on top. Did you have different IVs and train yours to have matching defensive stats, or were you bulking up Sp. Def. over Def. for a reason?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppian View Post
    Can anyone help me with my batle team for batle subway? The super line is giving me trouble. I never reach the 49ş batle to fight Ingo.
    My team:
    Mienshao:
    Jolly
    Ev: 4 hp/252 atk/ 252 spd
    item: life orb
    moveset: fake out/ drain punch/ u-turn/ hi jump kick (i use the two fight moves for diferent things)

Hydreigon:
    modest
    Ev:4 hp/ 252 sp.atk/252 spd
    item: expert belt
    moveset: surf/ flametrower/ dark pulse/ dragon pulse (i had many problens with draco meteor, so i prefer dragon pulse)

Gyrados
    Jolly
    Ev: 4hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spd
    moveset: waterfall/ dragon dance/ earthquake/ ice fang
    item: levtovers

I start with mienshao using fake out and after using drain punch or hi jjump kick (depending of the enemie) or using u-turn on a psichc type and trading for my hydreigon, then using dark pulse. I use my gyarados when i need.

Someone have any idea of what should I trade? I already tried many teams, and this one was the one who gets more far, but I can´t even reach at Ingo.

OBS: I prefer to use swepers than walls and status inducers. I can´t use then really well. If anyone can teach one or two things I would be very glady.
    I had a very similar team with the same problem, except on Mienshao I had Stone Edge instead of Drain Punch, I had a Substituting Hydreigon w/ leftovers (AMAZINGLY effective), and I had choice banded Metagross instead of Gyarados. The problem I kept running into with this team was accuracy on High Jump Kick/Stone Edge, (and Meteor Mash on Metagross), and the fact that I didn't have a true wall to U-turn into with Mienshao. The typing complements each other well, but I really needed something that resists Bug and Fighting (which you have with Gyarados) The problem with yours may be that you don't have a dragon-resist to U-turn into (although you could take out a Dragonite with a Stone Edge on Mienshao no problem... except one out of 5 times it misses...)

I think you should try poopoop's team from post number 115 in this thread. I know you don't like walls, but just try his Ferrothorn set and see what you think. I wasn't sure I knew how to use walls effectively either, but this team is amazing, and practically battles by itself. I tried it and I already like it so much better than my previous team. I love mienshao and hydreigon a lot, but once you test-drive a Drizzle Politoed, Ferrothorn, Latios team you may never want to use any other. It has near-perfect cover for all weaknesses in typing and strategy. Hope this helps!

What about this team? Have only been considering it so far

Togekiss, serene grace @leftovers
    Bold
    Thunder wave
    Aura sphere
    Air slash
    Roost

Lucario, inner focus @expert belt
    Timid
    Flash cannon
    Aura sphere
    Psychics
    Dark pulse

Swampert, torrent (not sure what item to give him)
    Adamant
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Stone edge
    Ice punch.

The main strategy would be to paralyse with Togekiss and air slash as much as possible, for the doubled chance of flinching. Switch into swampert for any electric threats and switch into lucario or aura sphere any rock or ice threats. I was also considering metagross in place of lucario? Just for the added bulk. Any suggestions or improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankly Frank View Post
    What about this team? Have only been considering it so far

Togekiss, serene grace @leftovers
    Bold
    Thunder wave
    Aura sphere
    Air slash
    Roost

Lucario, inner focus @expert belt
    Timid
    Flash cannon
    Aura sphere
    Psychics
    Dark pulse

Swampert, torrent (not sure what item to give him)
    Adamant
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Stone edge
    Ice punch.

The main strategy would be to paralyse with Togekiss and air slash as much as possible, for the doubled chance of flinching. Switch into swampert for any electric threats and switch into lucario or aura sphere any rock or ice threats. I was also considering metagross in place of lucario? Just for the added bulk. Any suggestions or improvements?
    Quote Originally Posted by The OP
    6: DO NOT post your team in this thread to be rated. RMT's belong in
    their own threads.
    If you post a separate thread, we'll be able to rate it properly. (:

any chance i can have some ideas for this team?

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Super-Sub-team
    Quite sure i want to use a drapion and give memento a try. rest is open for changes.
    My Diamond Sandstorm BT squad:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=14238023 Streak: 50
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=556617 Streak: 47

My White2 Super Single Subway Squad:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?598816 streak: 64 wins.

Well. Looks like i got lucky. Just been beaten by so many different poke's it's ridiculous. Some luck was involved but still.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Super-Sub-team is thread, which is the exact team i got the streak with. Made some modifications to beat some other threats (skill swap instead of memento to counter bisharp and metagross).
    Had trouble with fling tyranitar, anything with a move which can switch poke (killed by the volt switch magneton changing to a megahax pinsir whom outsped both latias and drapion to gullotine both).
    Nearly lost to the horndrill rapidash also, only a little non hax saved me. Got to 38 with my slightly modified team.

So the team which actually got 64 wins was the following:
    Lead: Uxie. Brightpowder
    EV's 255 speed, 255 hp (not worried about 4 wasted)
    Nature: whatever it comes with.
    Moves:
    TWave
    Memento
    Flash
    psychic

Attack reducer: Latias. Leftovers
    EV's 255 hp, 255 defense
    Nature: random
    Moves:
    Charm
    Calm Mind
    Dragon pulse
    Recover (might change to twave/flash, a 2nd twave would be actually strangely helpful)

Sweeper: Drapion. Black Sludge
    EV's: 252 hp, 248 special defense, 10 defense
    IV's: 31|21|30|25|30|24
    Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
    Ability: Battlearmor
    Moves:
    Struggle bug
    substitute
    acupressure
    crunch

This team on 65th fight lost to:
    806 | Abomasnow | Quiet | Occa Berry | Blizzard | Focus Blast | Protect | Ice Shard | HP/SpA
    787 | Golem | Brave | Iron Ball | Rock Slide | Earthquake | Explosion | Fling | Atk/SpD (sturdy)
    802 | Toxicroak | Adamant | Wide Lens | Cross Chop | Sucker Punch | Gunk Shot | Taunt | Atk/Spd

Not overly fussed about being on the leaderboard, i hope to beat this. More details in the thread.

Any suggestions for replacements for latias? Most likely gonna try another debuffer as drapion sets up on basically everything, might also change struggle bug to something else to improve coverage for ohko's.
    Whimsicott for priority and shuckle for his ability to crap on things are tempting.

I got a streak of 82 wins in the Super Doubles Subway with this team:

Yanmega @Life Orb
    Speed Boost
    Modest
    EV's: 40HP/252Sp.A/4Sp.D/212Spe
    - Detect
    - Bug Buzz
    - Air Slash
    - Hidden Power Ice [70]

Terrakion @Focus Sash
    Justified
    Jolly
    EV's: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    - Close Combat
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Protect

Rotom-W @Wide Lens
    Levitate
    Modest
    EV's: 252HP/248Sp.A/4Sp.D/4Spe
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power Grass [70]
    - Protect

Hydreigon @Wise Glasses
    Levitate
    Timid
    EV's: 4HP/252Sp.A/252Spe
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Protect

This is the video of the battle I lost in: 43-13910-94859

The culprit poke was:
    893 | Blissey | Bold | Chople Berry | Toxic | Minimize | Mud Bomb | Softboiled | Def/SpD
    I just couldn't hit her with Terrakion!

Spoiler:- Picture proof:

Edit: I've never uploaded a photo before so no idea if that worked!
    Last edited by Pidj; 8th April 2013 at 9:51 PM.
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

Quote Originally Posted by Pidj View Post
    I got a streak of 82 wins in the Super Doubles Subway with this team:

Edit: I've never uploaded a photo before so no idea if that worked!
    Very nice! congratulations on the streak. Not 100% sure on the rotom W choice, any particular reason why that instead of anything else? Specificly a physical attacker (scizor perhaps?!)

photo worked perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigheaded View Post
    Very nice! congratulations on the streak. Not 100% sure on the rotom W choice, any particular reason why that instead of anything else? Specificly a physical attacker (scizor perhaps?!)

photo worked perfect!
    Thanks! You've picked up on a problem I had before starting the streak. I knew that I wanted Yanmega and Terrakion as my leads but I was really stumped for what to use in the back. Rotom-W sprang to mind because Terrakion is weak to waters and Yanmega is just generally weka (although it's survived more hits than I thought it might!) so I needed a good water resist and something to hit waters with (I've not done calcs but Intimidate Gyarados is a concern). Rotom-W seemed to fit the bill. It also had levitate which was a nice bonus considering Terrakion uses earthquake.

Hydreigon seems the weakest link to be honest.

And woo for the photo
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

I played with my leads again and changed the back line and got a streak of 120 wins in the Super Doubles Subway with the following:

Yanmega @Life Orb
    Speed Boost
    Modest
    EV's: 40HP/252Sp.A/4Sp.D/212Spe
    - Detect
    - Bug Buzz
    - Air Slash
    - Hidden Power Ice [70]

Terrakion @Focus Sash
    Justified
    Jolly
    EV's: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe