Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Subway Discussion & Ranking Hall~ Now With Singles Team Building Guide!

I think I'm going to try out TerraCott in the Subway, but I don't have any Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftrys on my White (I also don't have Seedots in my White Forest) for Beat Up on Whimsicott. Anyone have a Beat Up Seedot/Cottonee?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

just barely passed 49 on the singles... thank you haxorus...
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/sdfti1.png[/IMG]
    banners made by the amazing quilt and by Mew_.

Sorry I've been away guys, seems I've missed quite a lot.

I'm gonna start working on getting things edited into the
    OP and I'll update this post with the changes.

@ vandslaux: If you did the standard 252/252/6 spread you
    can always use and EV reducing berry on the 6 and give
    him some more Spe EV's and see what happens.

Edit: @ poopoop, Jolteon and Larry:Good job guys, I got
    you all edited into the OP. I'm pretty sure all the links and
    such are correct, but you may wanna have a look yourselves
    as I did it rather quickly.

Happy train-ing everyone. C wut I did thar?

^Click it!^

Got to about 56 then trolled by the rest, sleep talk, fissure, sheer cold Walrein of doom...
    Anyway need a adamant boy larvitar, waiting for that, then going to breed for a adamant Gible then Sand Rush adamant Drilbur to go back to sweeping.
    Black code: 3611 3351 1490 √-1

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2ln93l5.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2rwubuh.gif[/IMG]

When I was closest to 50th battle, the poor Aerodactil gave me a flinched-critcal hit Rock Slide in my Uxie, and then sweep ¬¬'
    Also a Glaceon give to me 2 Blizzard Crits, that almost defeated me (Thanks Haxorus for beating 3 with Outrage XD)
    My team is good atm, but I still need a better Dual-Screem user (I tried Espeon, Latios and actually Uxie). Haxorus is my DD Sweeper and Volcarona or Yanmega can be the Special Sweeper. I like the idea of Tinted Lens-Choice Scarfed Yanmega, very good to Revenge Kill~

Best record, 46~

Quote Originally Posted by Spük View Post
    When I was closest to 50th battle, the poor Aerodactil gave me a flinched-critcal hit Rock Slide in my Uxie, and then sweep ¬¬'
    Also a Glaceon give to me 2 Blizzard Crits, that almost defeated me (Thanks Haxorus for beating 3 with Outrage XD)
    My team is good atm, but I still need a better Dual-Screem user (I tried Espeon, Latios and actually Uxie). Haxorus is my DD Sweeper and Volcarona or Yanmega can be the Special Sweeper. I like the idea of Tinted Lens-Choice Scarfed Yanmega, very good to Revenge Kill~

Best record, 46~
    Unfortunate, you were pretty closet to 49 :/. I lost on 30 something due to a Freeze Hax. One pokemon wiped out my entire team but I eventually got a few KOs with Starmie and finally it was down to Starmie and Weavile. Luckily this weavile didn't have Night Slash, but it did have Ice Punch... First attack Surf hit over half damage, Weavile hit with Ice Punch, Starmie is Frozen Solid! Five turns later he KOs me with a sixth punch while I'm still frozen... Seriously what the heck...

Then theres the five flinches in a row on Vulcarona, can't remember which pokemon, but it lost me the battle... It was using Headbutt...
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

Working on a new Singles team for Y:

Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

BS makes me wanna cry . Decided to go back to Garchomp/Scizor/Blissey to make the battles faster. Got up to 44 or something then lost.

Chomp took out his torterra with half health remaining. managed 3 swords dance boosts. Saw an infernape next. I knew i was gonna lose my streak. Close combat on chomp. KO. Scizor bullet punch(my only option), half damage. Flare blitz KO. Infernape on red helath. Close Combat on Blissey. KO. My team has a problem with fire/fighting types once chomps dwn, i might have to go back to chandelure.

On my first try I got to rank 3 on wifi subway then on battle 7 rotom wash tricked my ferrothorn and killed it, then my politoed couldn't do anything to it so I lost. I might have to make a new team for wifi subway

3DS FC: 0130-1892-7047
    I'm Peng \( ゚◡゚)/

Just lost at 41...bronzing with trick room, rain dance, and hypnosis. Then I got finished off by a rhyperior.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

^ That sucks man, Rhyperior is terrifying in Trick Room.

^Click it!^

still working on a 35 streak with my sun team...
    though my sand team made it pretty far as well

my teams listed here. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=541911 any suggestions? ive always had a problem with legends....
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458
        Spoiler:- Current DWFs for trade:

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

I have a quick question. Is it really a huge deal if my entire team uses physical attacks or is that not suggested? I found a sweet combination but all of them are physical attackers :/

If the above doesn't work out. Is a Jolly, 31 IV, 252 EV Hydreigon fast enough to function as a revenge killer in the BS?
    Last edited by Dragontamer1011; 9th October 2011 at 1:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontamer1011 View Post
    I have a quick question. Is it really a huge deal if my entire team uses physical attacks or is that not suggested? I found a sweet combination but all of them are physical attackers :/

If the above doesn't work out. Is a Jolly, 31 IV, 252 EV Hydreigon fast enough to function as a revenge killer in the BS?
    Well Ive had an all physical team on many occasions now, and my reason for losing has never been the need for a strong special attacker. That's primarily because of Garchomp's +2 STAB Earthquakes hitting the likes of steelix, aggron and regirock really hard. But even so BS never actually walls you on one side, it just upsets the natural order of things with crit hits, quick claw and kings rock. If you've found i sweet combination i would stick with it

Found a freaking beast here... Carrcosta with Shell Smash, Sturdy, and Aqua Jet. Thats gonna put a major dent in some pokes.

Found a freaking beast here... Carrcosta with Shell Smash, Sturdy, and Aqua Jet. Thats gonna put a major dent in some pokes.
    Meh, I wouldn't call it a "beast." I've tried Sturdy/Smash before and I prefer Crustle. Carracosta is way too slow after a Shell Smash, even, with a +Speed nature. What item are you using? I tried water gem and mystic water.
    I also hate that Carracosta attracts electric attacks because there's always some untimely parahax waiting to ruin your streak.
    Let me know how Carracosta works out for you.

Here's something I've been playing around with:

Spoiler:- testing:

I got 52 with Gogliath, Hydregion, and Mienshao.... raped by sheer cold fissure sleep talk rest Walrein.
    Black code: 3611 3351 1490 √-1

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2ln93l5.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2rwubuh.gif[/IMG]

ive been trying out the whimsi-terrak combo.
    encore works really well in that set, i just have to say. ive had so many times where the opponent uses a boosting move and i encore it so its out of commission for the next 4 turns while i kill its friends one by one and finally finish it off with the +4 STAB helpinghand-boosted sacred sword.

though i changed the clean up crew a little, with an LO scizor and a reckless staraptor (which wrecks almost everything. it can take out at least 2 pokemon with STAB BB or Dbl-edge.)

just posting my experience with that combo.
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458

Emerald monotype run #1: DARK Uprising (6 Princes of Hell) - full team at 12 hrs
    Lucifer (39) Belphagor (41) Mammon (38) Beelzebub (34) Leviathan (35) Asmodeus (39)

Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    Meh, I wouldn't call it a "beast." I've tried Sturdy/Smash before and I prefer Crustle. Carracosta is way too slow after a Shell Smash, even, with a +Speed nature. What item are you using? I tried water gem and mystic water.
    I also hate that Carracosta attracts electric attacks because there's always some untimely parahax waiting to ruin your streak.
    Let me know how Carracosta works out for you.

Here's something I've been playing around with:

Spoiler:- testing:
    Eh, I thought it was an awesome combination. I'm gonna use Water Jet, though, for those faster Pokemon. Hes more of a backup anyway, and I have two pokemon with EQ to watch out for electric types.

Very interesting team, I like it. I used Vulcarona alot but he just didn't have enough coverage without a good HP type, he was totally walled by Fire and Dragon types -.-. Venemoth sounds really interesting, let me know how that comes out. As for it taking forever, I know what thats like... I stalled out a sandstorm in Platinum Battle Tower for like.. 30 turns (Idk, seemed like forever)? Thats how using a Shuckle would be, lol.

*EDIT* Took a look at Pokemon that can Shell Smash and the fastest is Omastar with a base 55 speed. Get this, both Huntail and Gorebyss can get it from Clampearl, and the best part is Gorebyss can learn Baton Pass! Just FYI, I thought it was cool. Though I wish Omastar had better options with Special attacks besides Ice Beam, Surf, and Hidden Power.. I never understood why it can't learn Power Gem.

*EDITEDIT* Lol, sorry, I just found out that Omastar can learn Earth Power in 4th Gen so that puts him as a viable option if Carracosta doesn't work out.
    Last edited by Dragontamer1011; 10th October 2011 at 1:14 AM.

Eh, I thought it was an awesome combination. I'm gonna use Water Jet, though, for those faster Pokemon. Hes more of a backup anyway, and I have two pokemon with EQ to watch out for electric types.

Very interesting team, I like it. I used Vulcarona alot but he just didn't have enough coverage without a good HP type, he was totally walled by Fire and Dragon types -.-. Venemoth sounds really interesting, let me know how that comes out. As for it taking forever, I know what thats like... I stalled out a sandstorm in Platinum Battle Tower for like.. 30 turns (Idk, seemed like forever)? Thats how using a Shuckle would be, lol.

*EDIT* Took a look at Pokemon that can Shell Smash and the fastest is Omastar with a base 55 speed. Get this, both Huntail and Gorebyss can get it from Clampearl, and the best part is Gorebyss can learn Baton Pass! Just FYI, I thought it was cool. Though I wish Omastar had better options with Special attacks besides Ice Beam, Surf, and Hidden Power.. I never understood why it can't learn Power Gem.

*EDITEDIT* Lol, sorry, I just found out that Omastar can learn Earth Power in 4th Gen so that puts him as a viable option if Carracosta doesn't work out.
    Lol i dont understand why you dont just use cloyster. Shell smash aside, i used him because of his attacks break through sashes, sturdy and subs. Plus he outspeeds the entire subway after the boost. I stopped using him as rock blast kept missing, and i would 'mysteriously' encounter poliwrath/empoleons far too frequently(they wall it completely.) Even so he is still the best user of it. In terms of passing it i was actually running a baton passing smeargle set, and passing the boost(and hopefully a sub) to chandelure. OHKO'd the entire subway, however sashes+sturdy+priority still beat it. (plus if it didnt get a sub/smeargle got hit by priority and couldn't pass the boost).

Anyhow, moving on from shell smash ive managed a 63 streak on super singles yay . I was using a defensive team, however crits kept screwing me over so i thought i would take a HO aproach, hit before i get hit to avoid as much hax as possible. So i picked up a sandstorm team for my first shot at weather and its working well. I will update when i lose. As much as i would like to use the word 'if', its inevitavle in haxway lol

i remember playing around with a sub-SD-BP ninjask and a cloyster and garchomp in singles.
    that was fun :P
    usually i get to pass the boosts onto cloyster without it having so sacrifice its defenses while it was holding leftovers. and the garchomp didn't even need the boosts =.=
    Pokemon White Version:
    Name - Shiri
    Chat name - TNTturtle
    FC - 0346 9068 2458

Ok my streak ended at 93 wins. I guess i'll post the team first, and a few details about them. General details though. This team has imperfect IV's, except for speed which all my pokes have 31. I still put effort into breeding them though, and all have rel superior potential. Also i didn't actually use PP Ups/Maxes despite having them, never caused any problems due to the attacking nature of the team. I still should fix that though.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EV's: 252Atk/252Spd/4HP
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake

I don't care what anyone says tyranitar sucks...BUT, hippowdon sucks more and i need sandstorm . Anyways i try and get whatever i can out of him before he falls like the punching bag he is. Lum berry makes a Garchomp lead a God in subway, doesn't work as well on tar but it has helped aid a sweep at times. I was considering running a choice set because everyone says DD Tar is beyond his prime, which may hold true against humans but against AI it's probably his best bet. Anyways sets up sandstorm and occasionally sweeps. 90 accuracy sucks enough in haxway, no chance i'm running stone edge. Plus after i'm outrunning everything after a DD a flinch chance is good. Crunch is my main move though because it is awesome. EQ for coverage.

Excadrill @ Life orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Sand Rush
    EV's: 252Atk/200Spd/56Def
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Return
    - Rock Slide

Obvious set is obvious. Life orb for the extra power i need, because more often than not i don't set up. I actually EV trained this thing on the bus to school, but it holds up. It not only outruns the entire subway in sand, it outruns the other excadrill's who apparently run 170 spd EV's. Thank God for that, seriously. I never even encountered a excadrill prviously, but since i'm running sand now ive met like 8 - 10. It's the same as how i encountered poliwrath's/empoleon's while running cloyster(who resist all its moves), BS uses specialized pokes(more on that later). Anyways point being this exca beat's other exca's. It is also awesome in general.

Garchomp @ Brightpowder
    Ability: Sand veil
    - Swords dance
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Fang

Well this rounds off my shameless Uber abuse. Was my lead in previous teams, however as awesome as it was if it fell it's defensive teammates would usually get crit or something. Hence why i put it on a fast attacking team that can hopefully win before getting crit. Anyways Garchomp is generally awesome, and you cant rely on moves missing but it's nice to have. It's swords dance gets more use than Exca's due to better bulk, but still less than half the time.
    Without Outrage EQ is my main move and is always great. Anyways that's my team

How I lost:

Well this is embarrassing. As it turns out my entire team got swept by a Floatzel...A FLOATZEL!!!. I wish i was joking. After seeing the worst the subway has to offer, I get Godstomped by a floatzel lead. Anyway it was quick and very very painful.

I sent out Tyranitar
    Parasol Lady Hilary sent out Floatzel

Floatzel used Rain Dance
    Tyranitar used Crunch(Floatzel is on red damage)

Floatzel used Surf
    Tyranitar is KO'd.

I sent out Garchomp
    Floatzel used Ice beam(Garchomp is KO'd)

I sent out Excadrill
    Floatzel used Surf(Excadrill is KO'd)

In hindsight i dont think there was all that much i could do. It had all the right moves and stats to take me out. Anyway such is life. Lum berry is actually my very favourite item, but i'm actually considering switching to a focus sash. Ive been hit by more status than OHKO's, and i usually dont care at all if my TTar is taken out, however i can easily be swept by that floatzel again if i don't take remedial action.

PROOF(ignore the watermark, i needed to convert the image from IMG to JPEG as i took the photo with my ipod, and it was incompatible with the site.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats how it is with me except I meet these pokemon around a 30 streak. This time I lost to a Fissure/Sheer Cold abusing Walrein.. Probably could have taken him out if I had switched to Carracosta to take the Sheer Cold, hit him with Rock Slide, then had Dragonite finish him off.

My problems the past few times have been the Trick Room teams. That absolutly destroyed me when I was using Tailwind...

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    My problems the past few times have been the Trick Room teams. That absolutly destroyed me when I was using Tailwind...
    A Trick Room Jynx got me when I first started the Battle Subway, good thing is priority moves take care of them. Other problems involve Rain Dancing leads followed by Swift Swimmers, stupid Kingdra swept my entire team...

Quote Originally Posted by Simipour View Post
    Ok my streak ended at 93 wins. I guess i'll post the team first, and a few details about them. General details though. This team has imperfect IV's, except for speed which all my pokes have 31. I still put effort into breeding them though, and all have rel superior potential. Also i didn't actually use PP Ups/Maxes despite having them, never caused any problems due to the attacking nature of the team. I still should fix that though.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Sand Stream
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake

I don't care what anyone says tyranitar sucks...BUT, hippowdon sucks more and i need sandstorm . Anyways i try and get whatever i can out of him before he falls like the punching bag he is. Lum berry makes a Garchomp lead a God in subway, doesn't work as well on tar but it has helped aid a sweep at times. I was considering running a choice set because everyone says DD Tar is beyond his prime, which may hold true against humans but against AI it's probably his best bet. Anyways sets up sandstorm and occasionally sweeps. 90 accuracy sucks enough in haxway, no chance i'm running stone edge. Plus after i'm outrunning everything after a DD a flinch chance is good. Crunch is my main move though because it is awesome. EQ for coverage.

Excadrill @ Life orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Sand Rush
    EV's: 252Atk/200Spd/56Def
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Return
    - Rock Slide

Obvious set is obvious. Life orb for the extra power i need, because more often than not i don't set up. I actually EV trained this thing on the bus to school, but it holds up. It not only outruns the entire subway in sand, it outruns the other excadrill's who apparently run 170 spd EV's. Thank God for that, seriously. I never even encountered a excadrill prviously, but since i'm running sand now ive met like 8 - 10. It's the same as how i encountered poliwrath's/empoleon's while running cloyster(who resist all its moves), BS uses specialized pokes(more on that later). Anyways point being this exca beat's other exca's. It is also awesome in general.

Garchomp @ Brightpowder
    Ability: Sand veil
    - Swords dance
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Fang

Well this rounds off my shameless Uber abuse. Was my lead in previous teams, however as awesome as it was if it fell it's defensive teammates would usually get crit or something. Hence why i put it on a fast attacking team that can hopefully win before getting crit. Anyways Garchomp is generally awesome, and you cant rely on moves missing but it's nice to have. It's swords dance gets more use than Exca's due to better bulk, but still less than half the time.
    Without Outrage EQ is my main move and is always great. Anyways that's my team

How I lost:

Well this is embarrassing. As it turns out my entire team got swept by a Floatzel...A FLOATZEL!!!. I wish i was joking. After seeing the worst the subway has to offer, I get Godstomped by a floatzel lead. Anyway it was quick and very very painful.

I sent out Tyranitar
    Parasol Lady Hilary sent out Floatzel

Floatzel used Rain Dance
    Tyranitar used Crunch(Floatzel is on red damage)

Floatzel used Surf
    Tyranitar is KO'd.

I sent out Garchomp
    Floatzel used Ice beam(Garchomp is KO'd)

I sent out Excadrill
    Floatzel used Surf(Excadrill is KO'd)

In hindsight i dont think there was all that much i could do. It had all the right moves and stats to take me out. Anyway such is life. Lum berry is actually my very favourite item, but i'm actually considering switching to a focus sash. Ive been hit by more status than OHKO's, and i usually dont care at all if my TTar is taken out, however i can easily be swept by that floatzel again if i don't take remedial action.

PROOF(ignore the watermark, i needed to convert the image from IMG to JPEG as i took the photo with my ipod, and it was incompatible with the site.)
    Congrats on your streak!
    It didn't look like you could have done anything to change the result of that battle unfortunately

3DS FC: 0130-1892-7047
    I'm Peng \( ゚◡゚)/

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast