Page 2 of 222 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Yes, it would be nice, but I would like a new one.

Would anyone like a fighting game with only Fire Emblem characters?
    Last edited by shadow wolf; 23rd June 2011 at 7:25 PM.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    But Berserkers are so freaking expensive and completely unnecessary since the game is just that easy. Why would you want them?
    To destroy everything?
    Btw, Amelia-General and Tana-Wyvern Knight are the best characters in the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    Would anyone like a fighting game with only Fire Emblem characters?
    This is a terrible idea and you should be ashamed.
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/24pcwfb.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i38.*******.com/35hmmj4.jpg[/IMG]

Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Torterra View Post
    This is a terrible idea and you should be ashamed.
    Fair enough, just thought it would be something interesting to discuss but I do love the game as it is though. It could be interesting as a spin-off with some unique mechanics. Anyhow, I digress the question.

So...favorite characters overall, anyone? I'm a fan of Lugh, Lance and Oujay for FE6, Guy, Farina, and Wil for FE7, and Ross, Franz, and Artur for FE8. Some, mainly for personality and appearance, some for power.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Ilyana. You will bow before the might of the 14 year old dragonslayer. And she's so damn cute, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Ilyana. You will bow before the might of the 14 year old dragonslayer. And she's so damn cute, too.
    Lilina? Or is this someone later in the game? I'm only on the chapter after recruiting Shin and Fir, so I'm not sure of some characters.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

FE9&FE10 It would be Ike (sue me), Haar, Nephenee, Shinon, Mia, and more but to lazy to type them all up. Now that I think about it I like every character.

@ gustavo 14, The Ilyana i believe he is talking about is in FE9&FE10.
    Last edited by shadow wolf; 23rd June 2011 at 8:53 PM.

You all are crazy. Makalov and Oliver, all the way.

But seriously, I liked pretty much everyone in FE6.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

^I hear Gonzalez is weird looking. Is he really?

Ohhh. I haven't played that one. I understand now. :P
    I want to get that game, but it's no good unless you have a functioning wii to play it on, unlike me. :/
    Last edited by Psynergy; 23rd June 2011 at 9:17 PM.

Yeah, it's a great anyone can pretty much become a god in that one though. Unfortunately, I need a new copy. Mine got scratched from playing it too much.

Remember Merlinus in FE6? That was a bad time in item storage for Fire Emblem.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    ^I hear Gonzalez is weird looking. Is he really?
    He makes an awesome berserker.
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/24pcwfb.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i38.*******.com/35hmmj4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Torterra View Post
    I am definitely using him now! First, I have to reach that chapter.

and he's the easiest way to see the Bandit's critiacal SCREAM!

Merlinus should've been able to defend himself.
    I miss the in battle sprites for the Ballista FE6 had.

also, Myrth makes FE8 too easy the last 2 chapters. (I got her strait to level 20 just by sending her strait into the gorgon sheilds Lyon had.

Also, Necromancer is the coolest class, and it has the summoning abilities of a summoner iirc. and Naglfar.

Also, a giant Arena mode for the 3 GBA fire emblems would be nice, though tiering would be Great Lords, and Manaketes, with some Archsage and Necromancer.
    Last edited by MetalFlygon08; 24th June 2011 at 6:25 AM.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    also, Myrth makes FE8 too easy the last 2 chapters. (I got her strait to level 20 just by sending her strait into the gorgon sheilds Lyon had.
    Did anyone actually use her? She's really not needed at that point in the game.

Also, Necromancer is the coolest class, and it has the summoning abilities of a summoner iirc. and Naglfar.
    Coolest? Yeah.
    Lyon still has mediocre base stats tho'

Myrrh only seems really needed if you try the ruins, assuming you're running low on money for weapons.

I never was a fan of Dark magic users after seeing Knoll. The guy doesn't know the meaning of luck or defense. After using them more, I got used to them. There's not enough of them in FE7 or FE8.

I'm an awful person and have played every single Fire Emblem game (minus the latest one in Japan). Sue me. I still think that FE4/FE5 are the best, but that's because I liked the entire Jugdral chronology. And that the inheritance and family system in FE4 gave it so much replay value, even if the maps were long and annoying as hell.

Favorite stateside would be FE7. Sacred Stones is fun for an easy playthrough, I've found.

Star-Lord

FE8 is shorter it seems, with pretty much only 1 playthrough (though the split halfway through is nice.)

I really love the 1% curse, it's how I beat morva with an underleveled unit, and how Seth died in the areana.

FE8 is shorter it seems, with pretty much only 1 playthrough (though the split halfway through is nice.)

I really love the 1% curse, it's how I beat morva with an underleveled unit, and how Seth died in the areana.
    Whoa, wait, curse? There was something like that? Well, 1% chance, I guess I understand why I never heard of it. Seth died because of it, though? That really sucks. I know he's an EXP hog, but Seth had pretty nice growth rates.

Ahh the one percent curse. It has offed many a units for me. My favorites were always Joshua, Ross and Amelia. I always made Ross a hero because I liked their animations and Amelia was a nut as a General. Always criticaled twice.
    I will not be on Serebii for a while....

I have completed my Pokemon Black National Dex. Thanks to everyone who have helped me!

Black- 1893 0588 1755

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Whoa, wait, curse? There was something like that? Well, 1% chance, I guess I understand why I never heard of it. Seth died because of it, though? That really sucks. I know he's an EXP hog, but Seth had pretty nice growth rates.
    it's the instance where somthing has a 1% chance of happening, and it happens. Aka in seth's case, the enemy great knight had a 1% chance of landing a critical hit on seth, and it did land a critical.

it can go either way.

Seth is also a good meatsheild for recruiting Amelia, watching her attack him for 0 damage was rather fun.

I'll admit I don't know too much about these games. I'm learning! I think. So, does the game ever explain HOW to promote your characters?

And MetalFlygon: won't Seth OHKO Amelia anyway, since characters attack automatically when an enemy attacks them.
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

Characters won't counter attack if they have nothing equipped. Strip Seth of all of his weapons and plop him in the middle of an early map. Enemies will swarm toward him (the AI loves attacking "helpless' characters) and you can pick them off/recruit them at leisure. This strategy isn't that helpful in Sacred Stones, but it's nigh essential for Radiant Dawn.

As for promotion, the item descriptions for the promotion items tell you all you need to know.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

It's always fun watching the enemies swarming one unit, just to see them all die trying, dealing no damage in return.

In FE7, Victory or Death, I just let Oswin kill all 20-something knights and generals they brought. Limstella, was a problem, seeing as I hadn't used Canas, Pent was my only way of hitting her for 3 damage. She ran out of weapons, eventually, so I didn't get Fimbulvetr from her. :/
    That was my first playthrough, btw. I'm smarter with exp now.

I really wish there was a way to play FE7 with the FE8 class split.

the ability to choose as pretty much he coolest thing ever, and intrduced some new classes, like Great Knight, Wyvern Knight, Summoner, and Ranger(nomad in disguise).

even though GK suffers to both the Horseslayer and Armourslayer.

Page 2 of 222 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast