Page 74 of 220 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 5489

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I've recently had experience with some of the tougher ends of the Fire Emblem series, including the higher end difficulties of Shadow Dragon, so I feel I should be prepared. That, and Normal mode in the demo felt a tad boring in comparison to Hard mode. Yeah, it was only the Prologue and Chapter 1, but Hard mode was more fun than it was a challenge. And if I do get into trouble later on, the map feature could help me catch up if needed.
    My experience with the Risen on the world map is that they are of much higher level than your party, and the fact that you can only go in with so few units makes it tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I don't like the design all that much though, but the fact that it comes with what I assume is a good game is more than enough for me to buy this. That and if you don't own a 3ds it's a good deal. And sorry to hear about the long practice.
    If it had been a 3DS XL I probably would have bought the bundle. I can't go back to using a regular 3DS though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

0__0

Oh. My. GODS! Since Melee, Marth has always been my main in the Super Smash Bros. series. I'll never be able to play as Marth with a straight face ever again. Hope the next game takes Fire Emblem Awakening into consideration.

Anyways, I'm addicted and have put in 6 hours already. Playing on normal and haven't lost a man yet (I don't think I should be proud of this). Can't wait for more DLC. Still wish that there was an online versus mode but if life gives you lemons; make lemonade. Still a great game, if any of you are into strategy games, pick up Fire Emblem Awakening along with some cash for the Nintendo eShop.

Just who to upgrade...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    My experience with the Risen on the world map is that they are of much higher level than your party, and the fact that you can only go in with so few units makes it tricky.
    Meh, I think I can handle it, but one question: can you retreat from a skirmish-type battle, as in the Sacred Stones? Not like it would change my opinion on difficulty too much, but it may deter me from sending in too many weaker units then. Maybe I'll have to invest in a few extra healers, though I know I'll be using Ricken, as a Sage, and I may fit Cordelia as a Falcon Knight as a backup. Man, I am planning way too much.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

If it had been a 3DS XL I probably would have bought the bundle. I can't go back to using a regular 3DS though.
    I'm still hoping for the Pika 3ds xl. But I understand, the same happened with me when I purchased my dsi xl.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    0__0

Oh. My. GODS! Since Melee, Marth has always been my main in the Super Smash Bros. series. I'll never be able to play as Marth with a straight face ever again. Hope the next game takes Fire Emblem Awakening into consideration.

Anyways, I'm addicted and have put in 6 hours already. Playing on normal and haven't lost a man yet (I don't think I should be proud of this). Can't wait for more DLC. Still wish that there was an online versus mode but if life gives you lemons; make lemonade. Still a great game, if any of you are into strategy games, pick up Fire Emblem Awakening along with some cash for the Nintendo eShop.

Just who to upgrade...
    Why wont you be able to play as Marth with a straight face...?

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Meh, I think I can handle it, but one question: can you retreat from a skirmish-type battle, as in the Sacred Stones? Not like it would change my opinion on difficulty too much, but it may deter me from sending in too many weaker units then. Maybe I'll have to invest in a few extra healers, though I know I'll be using Ricken, as a Sage, and I may fit Cordelia as a Falcon Knight as a backup. Man, I am planning way too much.
    You can exit any battle before you start it, but once you start it you have to finish it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Since the demo isn't going to be coming out in Europe any time soon, I watched a playthrough of it, the game looks really good.

Only complaint is the voice clips are used too often, leading to conversations of "hm what huh hmm er uh hmm really?" (or my favourite "You may call me Marth" "Really?" "No.") or Crom saying "Are you ready?" 5 times a minute.

(Also does anyone know where you can find the sprites used for the character's map icons? FE wiki has a few, and they're so adorable and stuff.)

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

I'm waiting for the blue spotpass spot to appear, but it hasn't yet. When do I get to see it?

I imagine you go to Chapter 4 to get the DLC?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Kind of unbelievable to...well, believe that Normal is Hard and Hard is actually Maniac/Lunatic in Radiant Dawn.

I've read that early units have some NASTY issues fighting enemies during the first chapters...

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

Why wont you be able to play as Marth with a straight face...?
    It's a spoiler, ou'll find out if you keep playing Awakening.

Already at chapter 10. I already have two couples with Stahl and Sully being a couple and Gaius and Panne being a couple. How's everyone doing with their harems the characters' relationships?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Kind of unbelievable to...well, believe that Normal is Hard and Hard is actually Maniac/Lunatic in Radiant Dawn.

I've read that early units have some NASTY issues fighting enemies during the first chapters...
    I don't mind, I like a challenge.

Already at chapter 10. I already have two couples with Stahl and Sully being a couple and Gaius and Panne being a couple. How's everyone doing with their harems the characters' relationships?
    I wish I could have a harem lolz. It's too hard to pick a wife!

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Since the demo isn't going to be coming out in Europe any time soon, I watched a playthrough of it, the game looks really good.

Only complaint is the voice clips are used too often, leading to conversations of "hm what huh hmm er uh hmm really?" (or my favourite "You may call me Marth" "Really?" "No.") or Crom saying "Are you ready?" 5 times a minute.
    Yeah, I turned those off real fast.

I'm farther than you and I don't see why.

You can exit any battle before you start it, but once you start it you have to finish it.
    Ah, thanks! And it looks like I've got my copy now! I'm glad to finally be able to start my game, and I've gone with Hard, which I don't regret yet. I'm now on Chapter 4, after getting Donnel who will be a pain to level any more. I don't think I'll be using him this run.

Oh yeah, Meg and Fiona are infamous for that, rendering them absolutely useless on the higher difficulties. Edward and Nolan are two of the few units with fantastic potential in the Dawn Brigade portion, but they fear being RNG screwed early on, especially Edward. Most of them are worth the effort, though, if you can get them strong, that is.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Don't remind me. Before I restarted (after chapter 2) I had lost two men already. No less, it's easy on Normal later on. I despise rubberband AI.

I'm farther than you and I don't see why.
    The scene where the mask came off wasn't a surprise to you? What's more surprising is that your ahead of me. Did you let some of your units die?

Ah yes my 3DS Bundle shipped today.

So as someone who will be playing Awakening in around a week and hasn't played a Fire Emblem game since FE7 on the Game Boy, what has changed? Besides the stuff in Awakening like marriage and everything, I know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Ah yes my 3DS Bundle shipped today.

So as someone who will be playing Awakening in around a week and hasn't played a Fire Emblem game since FE7 on the Game Boy, what has changed? Besides the stuff in Awakening like marriage and everything, I know about that.
    Everyone lost their feet.

So, I take it Muarim is Greil's DAUGHTER all of a sudden?

Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

The scene where the mask came off wasn't a surprise to you? What's more surprising is that your ahead of me. Did you let some of your units die?
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

No, I never let units die. I'm only a chapter ahead of you, I haven't had the opportunity to play much, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Weapons don't have weight. That's about it. Abilities will be strange since you didn't play the two Gamecube Games, but they're easy to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Everyone lost their feet.
    That's had me puzzled. At first I thought someone just placed the models too far into the ground, then they started walking.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 7th February 2013 at 2:38 PM.

Hydrohs, thanks for spoiling it for me, but you need to learn how to use spoiler tags correctly.

It's not that much of a spoiler, you find out Marth is A CHAR about 6 chapters in.

Hydrohs, thanks for spoiling it for me, but you need to learn how to use spoiler tags correctly.
    Well you should have stopped reading When you saw 'SOILER'! It's close enough to spoiler. i fixd it tho guis its k

Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    Yeah, I found out and feel dumb for making pointless assumptions. Now it doesn't bug me any more. Started a new game on Hard though (this time, like in Pokemon Black 2, gender-bending) and like we all know, the difficulty feels much better after chapter 4. Already had Chrom propose to my character.

No, I never let units die. I'm only a chapter ahead of you, I haven't had the opportunity to play much, though.
    What? "Haven't had the oppurtunity to play much"? I had punched in half a day of game play to come up to your spoiler (which I encountered before reading your spoiler).

What? "Haven't had the oppurtunity to play much"? I had punched in half a day of game play to come up to your spoiler (which I encountered before reading your spoiler).
    I'd put in about 10 hours at the time, not as much as I'd have liked what with having the game for three days.

So, I take it Muarim is Greil's DAUGHTER all of a sudden?
    Yeah, that's a typo, if I recall correctly. That's Mist's info, but for some reason, Muarim has it. I was totally confused by that when I first saw that, especially having not played Path of Radiance first.

I feel like I'm spending too much time level grinding, but the sheer amount of enemies on Hard levels up some of my units like crazy. That hasn't stopped the enemies from putting my Avatar and Chrom, both lv. 18, in some dangerous spots. I'm now going to Chapter 8, after I finish the 3rd side chapter, but I thought I'd try to have some fun with the Spotpass characters. Looks like they're way too strong now, despite the low level of the some of the leaders.

Finally picked up this game, but I'm holding off on playing it until I finish my HW. Sounds amazing from what I've heard though.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Page 74 of 220 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast