Page 78 of 223 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 5571

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

= 3=

Well, it does give me adrenaline, gives me more intuition to play my cards right. Actually now that I think about it, I haven't lost a single man (bar my avatar or Chrom) ever since chapter 10. What am I saying? Nobody's going to believe that even if I am telling the truth.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Usually I do, those times I didn't.
    Well why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    If you do that, you may as well play on casual.
    No, because then there's no downside to a character dying. There's little point in trying to avoid it, they'll just come back. The challenge is not having anyone die, so if they do it's game over and you start over. Hopefully learning from your mistake and not sucking the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
        Spoiler:- Endgame:

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So I just finished FE: Awakening and I will have you know I only cried for 20 minutes

3DS FC: 0173 2372 4701
    Black FC: 1722 0078 8716
    White 2 FC: 3654 8488 7686

Quote Originally Posted by MTeriyaki View Post
    So I just finished FE: Awakening and I will have you know I only cried for 20 minutes
    Good for you. I don't care.

Taking a break from the game this week so I can actually study for mid-terms, but I prolly will streetpass with friends though.
    Last edited by Recon; 11th February 2013 at 7:05 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well why not?

No, because then there's no downside to a character dying. There's little point in trying to avoid it, they'll just come back. The challenge is not having anyone die, so if they do it's game over and you start over. Hopefully learning from your mistake and not sucking the next time.

Yeah, I'd be more irritated about if it wasn't so fitting.

Nice, MTeriyaki.

Yeah, I'd be more irritated about if it wasn't so fitting.

I didn't even notice that. It was a good ending though, and it had been what I was hoping would happen anyway.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Could some please explain the marriage mechanic to me?

~

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    Could some please explain the marriage mechanic to me?
    You reach support level S with a character, they get married, then you unlock a Paralogue where you meet and recruit their child who has come from the future.

^Sweet!

I don't suppose anybody has any advice for not getting everybody killed on Chapter 5? Because those two guys all by themselves surrounded just infuriates me!

I'm just a newbie! I only know you have to make sure to get everybody lots of experience or they'll useful later on! I know I should probably be using Frederick but he DIED by Hammer in the Farming Guy prologue! I'm so foolish!

WHY...

Game's awesome though!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You reach support level S with a character, they get married, then you unlock a Paralogue where you meet and recruit their child who has come from the future.
    Does it have to be a certain person they get married to?

~

Yes and no. Certain characters can't upgrade their support levels with other characters. Anna is the best example of this, she can only upgrade her support levels with Tiki (a female) and your male avatar (who is the only character she can marry). Now don't let this stop you from pairing different character together such as Chrom and Frederick, they still have support with one another and it will gain more bonuses the stronger it is when they're paired up in battle. Now if you're pairing Anna and Chrom together, this will still produce a small bonus for battle but it will not become any more beneficial as they have no support ranking with one another.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 11th February 2013 at 8:37 PM. Reason: making myself clearer
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    ^Sweet!

I don't suppose anybody has any advice for not getting everybody killed on Chapter 5? Because those two guys all by themselves surrounded just infuriates me!
    It's not too difficult, get units to them as fast as possible to take the heat off of them.

I'm just a newbie! I only know you have to make sure to get everybody lots of experience or they'll useful later on! I know I should probably be using Frederick but he DIED by Hammer in the Farming Guy prologue! I'm so foolish!
    Prepromoted units are a bad time, less so in this game since you can use Second Seals to allow them to cap their stats, but it would still take a lot of work since they'll be slow to level up.

As ParaChomp explained, you can only attain S rank with certain characters.

Aight, total n00b here at FE:A. Playing on Normal/Classic, making sure nobody dies. I've done up to Chapter 7, I believe, plus the two Paralogues and the free DLC with Marth (though I probably won't use him).

Some questions, please don't spoil too much of the story (or do so, I don't care a lot but I care a little):

- Is Frederick supposed to be a crutch character, or what? I've noticed that while he can kill guys like nobody's business, he levels really, really slowly. Likewise, are guys like Donnel and Gaius Magikarp power?
    - How do I level weak characters? Using a Reeking Box at Southtown gives me Lv. 6 guys on horsies, and my weaker characters don't stand a chance.
    - My weapons have uses next to them. What happens when they run out? Stuff like Lon'qu's Killing Edge can't be bought again, I don't think, do I give him a crappier sword for the time being, or is there a way to reset a weapon's uses?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Aight, total n00b here at FE:A. Playing on Normal/Classic, making sure nobody dies. I've done up to Chapter 7, I believe, plus the two Paralogues and the free DLC with Marth (though I probably won't use him).

Some questions, please don't spoil too much of the story (or do so, I don't care a lot but I care a little):

- Is Frederick supposed to be a crutch character, or what? I've noticed that while he can kill guys like nobody's business, he levels really, really slowly. Likewise, are guys like Donnel and Gaius Magikarp power?
    - How do I level weak characters? Using a Reeking Box at Southtown gives me Lv. 6 guys on horsies, and my weaker characters don't stand a chance.
    - My weapons have uses next to them. What happens when they run out? Stuff like Lon'qu's Killing Edge can't be bought again, I don't think, do I give him a crappier sword for the time being, or is there a way to reset a weapon's uses?
    1. Frederick is what is known a 'Jagen'. A prepromoted unit you get at the start of the game, you shouldn't use him at all in my opinion. His stats are lower than what they would normally be if you had gotten him as a level 1 Knight and levelled him to General normally. Later in the game you can use Second Seals to help his stats grow, but since the levels accumulate he'll gain experience even slower. As for Donnel and Gaius, both are fantastic. Donnel is particularly OP. Definitely use him.
    2. You need to have them finish off enemies, have someone else weaken them and then kill them with your weaker units. Alternatively, you can pair them with someone strong so they can survive.
    3. Weapons break when their uses are used up, then they are gone. All weapons except unique weapons can be bought somewhere. Your Killing Edge is not unique and you will have access to plenty, either by getting them from someone you killed or buying them when you eventually get to the shop that sells them.

No prob, the FE experts are here to help.

1. Frederick is the quintessential already second-tier unit given to the player at the start of the game. They're stupidly powerful at the start but as the game progresses, they tend to lose that status once you start promoting your normal units. Since most of the enemies you fight at the beginning of every game are fairly weak, a promoted unit like Frederick won't gain much experience as a result. So yes, he is a crutch character.

If you do play Lunatic difficulty however, he's insanely useful as most enemies can one-shot your characters.

Donnel is a unique character as he is part of the villager class, which is extremely weak. They have low stat caps but can reach level 30, though I don't know why you'd want to reach that high. By using an item called the secondary seal, Donnel can reclass into one of two other classes, the Mercenary or fighter, which are more powerful units and can be promoted into one of the second-tier classes.

Gaius is the first thief you get but often times you won't be using him as thieves in this game can't steal items like in previous installments, and you can eventually get Anna who appears in a side-chapter after chapter 9, who is one of the two possible promotion units for Gaius. Like I said with Freddy, Anna is a stupidly strong unit but gets outclassed eventually as the game progresses.

2. I find that by using the pair up system, weaker units get a pretty significant stat boost, especially with promoted units like Frederick, and can do a decent amount of damage. I usually either have them cleanup an almost dead enemy, or surround an archer on all four sides then have the weak unit wail on it.

3. That number is the weapon's durability. Every attack that doesn't miss takes one off that count. Once the durability hits zero, the item breaks and you can't use it anymore. You can purchase weapons from shops and as you unlock more chapters, you can get not only more powerful weapons, but weapons with other special properties. Enemies also drop weapons, like the Killing Edge, upon defeat. Certain shops later in the game do carry these Killing Edges for exorbitant prices but if you're lucky, you may see a merchant NPC in a town who might have them item you're looking for at a reduced price.

Hope this all helps.

Also, when did everyone else reclass Donnel?
    Last edited by Recon; 11th February 2013 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Donnel is a unique character as he is part of the trainee class, which is extremely weak. They have low stat caps but can reach level 30, though I don't know why you'd want to reach that high. By using an item called the secondary seal, Donnel can reclass into one of two other classes, the Mercenary or fighter, which are more powerful units and can be promoted into one of the second-tier classes.
    I trained Donnel until he'd capped every stat except Magic and Resistance. He was level 23 when I used a Second Seal on him. By level 7 he'd capped all his stats as a Fighter.

Gaius is the first thief you get but often times you won't be using him as thieves in this game can't steal items like in previous installments, and you can eventually get Anna who appears in a side-chapter after chapter 9, who is one of the two possible promotion units for Gaius. Like I said with Freddy, Anna is a stupidly strong unit but gets outclassed eventually as the game progresses.
    I honestly recommend using Gaius, it's nice to have someone around who can open chests, and as an Assassin he absolutely blows people away. Such a high chance of activating Lethality.

Two moar.

- In what Chapter do I recruit lady Marth?
    - Can anyone else be of the Tactician class besides my avatar guy?

1. Chapter 13.

2.     Spoiler:- hi:

Cooliosi, thanks a bunch, guys.

Now onward to victory, for the cause, or something.

Cooliosi, thanks a bunch, guys.

Now onward to victory, for the cause, or something.
    Godspeed. Etc etc.

Goddammit Donnel quit dying on me before I can even recruit you.

Goddammit Donnel quit dying on me before I can even recruit you.
    Have the units come to you slowly, keep them in check with your other units. He doesn't need to participate in very many battles to get the one level he needs.

Thanks, just beat it. Had to restart it quite a bit though. *sigh* And so begins a long jourmey to turn this kid into a killing machine...

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Yes and no. Certain characters can't upgrade their support levels with other characters. Anna is the best example of this, she can only upgrade her support levels with Tiki (a female) and your male avatar (who is the only character she can marry). Now don't let this stop you from pairing different character together such as Chrom and Frederick, they still have support with one another and it will gain more bonuses the stronger it is when they're paired up in battle. Now if you're pairing Anna and Chrom together, this will still produce a small bonus for battle but it will not become any more beneficial as they have no support ranking with one another.

Hope that helps.
    Thank you, and then kids are determined by the mother right? So does each mother have a specific kid no matter who the husband is then?

~

Part 3 is turning out great so far. It just seems like the horrendous difficulty of Part 1 was a thing of the past.

Stupid Skrimir! Climb down the mountain right this instant.

Page 78 of 223 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast