Page 79 of 217 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 5403

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Part 3 is turning out great so far. It just seems like the horrendous difficulty of Part 1 was a thing of the past.
    woah

wait

back that butt up

this game gets easier

what

also is it me or does Donnel's icon look like a Gen III Bug Catcher

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    Thank you, and then kids are determined by the mother right? So does each mother have a specific kid no matter who the husband is then?
    Pretty much, though there are some females that don't have children, but those are very few.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    woah

wait

back that butt up

this game gets easier

what

also is it me or does Donnel's icon look like a Gen III Bug Catcher
    No, he's talking about a different FE game, FE: Radiant Dawn for the Wii. Awakening doesn't get any easier.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Thanks, just beat it. Had to restart it quite a bit though. *sigh* And so begins a long jourmey to turn this kid into a killing machine...
    It wont take long. Pair him up with Kellam often, the two are unstoppable. Honestly, by about chapter 12 or so you should be able to beat whole chapters using only those two, if you really wanted.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    Thank you, and then kids are determined by the mother right? So does each mother have a specific kid no matter who the husband is then?
    Yes, the child is dependent on their mother while their hair colour is dependent on their father. For example, I paired up Nowi with Gaius and Nah ended up having orange hair.

Speaking of which, I've only lost male characters but sadly harems aren't possible. WHAT!? The more gameplay the better and Anna can only marry the male avatar! Should I try Lunatic mode once I'm done? If so, Classic or Casual?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Yes, the child is dependent on their mother while their hair colour is dependent on their father. For example, I paired up Nowi with Gaius and Nah ended up having orange hair.

Speaking of which, I've only lost male characters but sadly harems aren't possible. WHAT!? The more gameplay the better and Anna can only marry the male avatar! Should I try Lunatic mode once I'm done? If so, Classic or Casual?
    I don't know if I'd go through Lunatic. But always Classic. Fire Emblem has always been about permanent character death.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If I ever finish this current playthrough, I may have to try Lunatic on Casual (which is probably about as oxymoronic as it gets).

My core isn't hard enough for Lunatic on Classic.

Henry.

Ugghhhhhhh his jokes make me cringe.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Henry.

Ugghhhhhhh his jokes make me cringe.
    Same, I never understood where is very specific sense of humour derived from. Maybe it's something that doesn't localize well?

The guy spends his time talking to crows and has a sometimes strained understanding of the contemporary language, so it's understandable why he'd find humor in his mild understanding of the language, as exhibited by his puns.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Same, I never understood where is very specific sense of humour derived from. Maybe it's something that doesn't localize well?
    I understand it as a unique character trait, much like how Lon'qu is gynophobic, Sumia is clumsy, Kellam is almost invisible to everyone, etc.

It still annoys the heck out of me though.

Starting to promote units to second tier. So far I've made Kellam a General, Lissa a War Cleric, Tharja a Sorcerer, and Virion a Bow Knight. Did I screw up bad or am I okay? Also, any recommendations for future units?
    Last edited by Recon; 12th February 2013 at 7:38 AM.

The guy spends his time talking to crows and has a sometimes strained understanding of the contemporary language, so it's understandable why he'd find humor in his mild understanding of the language, as exhibited by his puns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I understand it as a unique character trait, much like how Lon'qu is gynophobic, Sumia is clumsy, Kellam is almost invisible to everyone, etc.
    But where did the crows come from? He just shows up. No explanation at all.

Starting to promote units to second tier. So far I've made Kellam a General, Lissa a War Cleric, Tharja a Sorcerer, and Virion a Bow Knight. Did I screw up bad or am I okay? Also, any recommendations for future units?
    You went the same route as me with Kellam and Lissa, I didn't use Tharja and I'd made my Virion into a Sniper, I prefer them to Bow Knights. He was quite good as a Sniper.

Don't know where Henry exactly came from, but Tharja mentions in supports that Henry had traveled with a ton of crows all the time before he joined Chrom.

The reason Henry hangs out with animals so much is he is one of those people that is good with animals, like Sumia. Henry also really wants to be able to fly, which he mentions in Sumias supports and some of his event tile quotes. "If I collect crow feathers, maybe I'll be able to fly if I get enough!" "I saw a guy transform into a raven once, maybe with enough practice..."

(Not the exact wording, but you get the idea.)

And his obsession with puns was added in the localization, I don't think he did that in the japanese version. Unless the fan translators didn't catch it, Henry wasn't really a comedian.
    Last edited by lindsy95; 12th February 2013 at 2:23 PM.

A grave omission from the Sound Test is the credits music. How could they forget that? :/ But then again, I'm thankful they included it at all.

It's something a certain other developer should do....*cough* Game Freak *cough cough*

A grave omission from the Sound Test is the credits music. How could they forget that? :/ But then again, I'm thankful they included it at all.

It's something a certain other developer should do....*cough* Game Freak *cough cough*
    The credits music was just a collection of other music from the game.

Oh dear lord, I'm back to playing as Micaiah's intrepid group of weaklings.

I better abuse the hell out of the legendary weapons just for the sake of making them useful...

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Oh dear lord, I'm back to playing as Micaiah's intrepid group of weaklings.

I better abuse the hell out of the legendary weapons just for the sake of making them useful...
    There's enough in her group that are good that you should make it through without issue.

What? Henry's hilarious! Like the dialogue when Cherche's wyvern bites his arm, it's hilarious. The only thing about him that annoys me is that he's voice by Bryce Papenbrook who played the lead in the dub of Eiken. Papenbrook fits Henry well just I can't get Eiken out of my head.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

There's enough in her group that are good that you should make it through without issue.
    Good thing I gave Micaiah a Seraph Robe. She REALLY needs it.

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

The credits music was just a collection of other music from the game.
    I don't see how that negates my complaint >_>

Good thing I gave Micaiah a Seraph Robe. She REALLY needs it.
    Yeah, that always helps. Once she gets her Speed up she'll become incredibly useful.

I don't see how that negates my complaint >_>
    But... the credits music is there, because technically there is no credits music, they've just replayed previous tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    What? Henry's hilarious! Like the dialogue when Cherche's wyvern bites his arm, it's hilarious. The only thing about him that annoys me is that he's voice by Bryce Papenbrook who played the lead in the dub of Eiken. Papenbrook fits Henry well just I can't get Eiken out of my head.
    I ended up liking Henry way more than I thought, liking him more than Ricken, who I thought would end up being my favorite. His puns don't get on my nerves so much, either, and his battle dialogue is nice too. I personally find myself very impressed by the English dub. I won't say it's better than the Japanese audio, since I've not used it much, but I'm definitely impressed.

Hard Mode, though? Wow, it only got more ridiculous as the game went on. Most of the endgame bosses ended up being one-shot by a crit, which was a surprise, but the final chapter? Oh god...Ricken basically defied all probable statistics by dodging over 10 fatal blows(dealing 21 HP at worst) in a row with at least a 50% hit rate.

Spoiler:- Final Boss Spoilers:
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

Henry was hilarious! What CAWSed you guys to dislike him?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis_kid View Post
    Henry was hilarious! What CAWSed you guys to dislike him?!
    That.

I hate puns. As a comedian, I cringe everytime I hear one. While some are good, 99.5% of them make me cringe. Henry does have an interesting personality though.

I find cringe-worthy puns the best; maybe that's why I love him XD
    I'm also a fairly serious person most of the time so I know absolutely nothing about comedy, to be honest.

Reeking Boxes are the best things to happen since sliced bread (maybe the best thing to happen TO [old] sliced bread?). Seriously, they make for easy grinding in levels and support, and they never seem to re-pay themselves in bullions, as well.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Page 79 of 217 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast