Page 80 of 222 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

  1. #1976
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Reeking Boxes are the best things to happen since sliced bread (maybe the best thing to happen TO [old] sliced bread?). Seriously, they make for easy grinding in levels and support, and they never seem to re-pay themselves in bullions, as well.
    So, you're losing money when you use them?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  2. #1977
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    I. Hmm, yeah, no, I have that wrong, I think I meant to say, "...never seem to fail to re-pay..." My bad. The intent is that I don't suffer a loss of gold from doing as such.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

  3. #1978
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    That.

    I hate puns. As a comedian, I cringe everytime I hear one. While some are good, 99.5% of them make me cringe. Henry does have an interesting personality though.
    Says the one whose username is a pun. Speaking of bad puns, there's an entire thread dedicated to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    I. Hmm, yeah, no, I have that wrong, I think I meant to say, "...never seem to fail to re-pay..." My bad. The intent is that I don't suffer a loss of gold from doing as such.
    You never fail to seem to repay as the enemies keep dropping items that you can sell which usually makes you a profit when compared to the Reeking Box's cost. The true downside is the constant possibly of losing a man but the more common reason is the decreasing amount uses that your weapons have. Long story short, there are ups are downs; is the sacrifice you make to level up worth it?
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 13th February 2013 at 6:20 AM. Reason: see Hydrohs' signature
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  4. #1979
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Says the one whose username is a pun. Speaking of bad puns, there's an entire thread dedicated to them.
    Actually, mine's a nickname for a well-known character. Ever hear of Sho Minamimoto? If you haven't then you're so zetta slow.

    Also, anyone start to play around with skills a little? I'm thinking about reclassing Lon'qu to a Griffon Rider eventually and grab that Lancebreaker skill, and the Wyvern Rider's Strength +2 is also quite appealing, though I need to get Astra on him first. With Galeforce and Astra, Severa's gonna be one happy merc

    Also, any word on triangle attacks?
    Last edited by Recon; 13th February 2013 at 6:35 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  5. #1980
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    But where did the crows come from? He just shows up. No explanation at all.



    You went the same route as me with Kellam and Lissa, I didn't use Tharja and I'd made my Virion into a Sniper, I prefer them to Bow Knights. He was quite good as a Sniper.
    I made Lissa a sage to get that nice skill of Mag+5 when equipped with a Tome, then I turned her into a Valkyrie after maxing her out as a sage. She now can use fortify to heal the entire map and every to full health.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!


    Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

  6. #1981
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I made Lissa a sage to get that nice skill of Mag+5 when equipped with a Tome, then I turned her into a Valkyrie after maxing her out as a sage. She now can use fortify to heal the entire map and every to full health.
    Well Renewal for War Clerics are pretty good, however Galeforce with Dark Fliers is really good as well. Another move after a kill? Yes please!
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  7. #1982
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,803

    Default

    There's just too many good abilities!

    I got to admit, the fact that most Knight Characters can become thieves allows for some speedy Generals after all the promotions. I had Sully's daughter become a Myrmidon, Thief, Assassin and Sword master to get a good pool of skills to choose from.

    In game I find the Mercenary's skill that occasionally saves a weapon use to be the best.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!


    Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

  8. #1983
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    There's just too many good abilities!

    I got to admit, the fact that most Knight Characters can become thieves allows for some speedy Generals after all the promotions. I had Sully's daughter become a Myrmidon, Thief, Assassin and Sword master to get a good pool of skills to choose from.

    In game I find the Mercenary's skill that occasionally saves a weapon use to be the best.
    Now imagine a Hero with Armsthrift, Galeforce, Astra, and Sol.

    *drools*
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  9. #1984
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,803

    Default

    it's possible isn't it? Can't one of the females become both a Mercenary and a Pegasus Knight? At least the Avatar can, maybe when I start a new file on Lunatic...
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!


    Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

  10. #1985
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    I'm having Cordelia marry Lon'qu, it's gonna freaking happen.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  11. #1986
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Says the one whose username is a pun. Speaking of bad puns, there's an entire thread dedicated to them.

    You never fail to seem to repay as the enemies keep dropping items that you can sell which usually makes you a profit when compared to the Reeking Box's cost. The true downside is the constant possibly of losing a man but the more common reason is the decreasing amount uses that your weapons have. Long story short, there are ups are downs; is the sacrifice you make to level up worth it?
    There's not really a downside, you need to break your weapons to gain experience and continue regardless.

    I didn't mess around with marriage, skills or reclassing at all during my playthrough. I might replay on Hard or Lunatic and if I do I'll play with all the extra features.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  12. #1987

    Default

    Finally finished my eliwood. Capped out everything, and skill set is all 5 ____Breaker skills for my streetpass team.
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

  13. #1988
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Might be old news but Marth and Tharja are getting their own their own figurines (some of the comments on Siliconera are hilarious)!
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 13th February 2013 at 9:16 PM. Reason: some good laughs
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  14. #1989
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Going down in flames
    Posts
    9,694

    Default

    Juuuuuuuuust realized what was wrong with that.

    Don't look at the conversation if you don't want spoilers.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 13th February 2013 at 10:21 PM.

  15. #1990

    Default

    Part 3 is REALLY getting very interesting in Radiant Dawn. I actually like some of the rotations in perspectives from the three parties.

    I'm at chapter 10 where creepy Valtome goes crazy on Elincia.

    Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

    Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

  16. #1991
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,943

    Default

    Tharja's certainly showing a lot of skin there.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  17. #1992
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Tharja's certainly showing a lot of skin there.
    Yeah but she does wear skin tight pantyhose. No less, that's a nice view of her tight looking arse (probably if you move the cloak out of the way). My main problem is that spine, can Dark Mages do that? If so, what level do they learn that at?

    Oh Japan, you an your cartoon prostitutes teenagers...wonder how the Marth figure will look.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  18. #1993
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Going down in flames
    Posts
    9,694

    Default

    It may be masked Marth, since that's the artwork shown in its place. If that's the case, it may just look cool instead of seductive due to it being weird for "him" to do something like that.

  19. #1994
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,943

    Default

    This is Japan we're talking about. I'm not counting on that at all.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  20. #1995
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Going down in flames
    Posts
    9,694

    Default

    So apparently Nintendo's been posting Fire Emblem: Awakening Valentine's Day cards on Facebook.

    They're, uh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    This is Japan we're talking about. I'm not counting on that at all.
    Oh, please. They're perverts, but they're not "gay."

  21. #1996
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    So apparently Nintendo's been posting Fire Emblem: Awakening Valentine's Day cards on Facebook.

    They're, uh.



    Oh, please. They're perverts, but they're not "gay."
    I think everyone knows who 'Marth' really is at this point.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  22. #1997
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Not only that, but cross-dressing is a common joke in Japanese culture...
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

  23. #1998
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Now imagine a Hero with Armsthrift, Galeforce, Astra, and Sol.

    *drools*
    Already got Severa with Armshift, Galeforce and Sol, and since I had my Avatar(+Spd, -Def) marry Cordelia, Severa caps with 49 speed, 44 strength and 51 skill. So overpowered it's crazy. Equipped with a Killing Edge and paired up with anyone she has built A-level supports with, she had potential to solo most of the endgame on Hard. She also has Axebreaker and Patience, which could be better, but I'm not too sure what other skills I'd like to play with to replace those last two. Swordfaire and Astra are very tempting, though with my Avatar as her father, there's so many options.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  24. #1999
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Already got Severa with Armshift, Galeforce and Sol, and since I had my Avatar(+Spd, -Def) marry Cordelia, Severa caps with 49 speed, 44 strength and 51 skill. So overpowered it's crazy. Equipped with a Killing Edge and paired up with anyone she has built A-level supports with, she had potential to solo most of the endgame on Hard. She also has Axebreaker and Patience, which could be better, but I'm not too sure what other skills I'd like to play with to replace those last two. Swordfaire and Astra are very tempting, though with my Avatar as her father, there's so many options.
    I'd use the last skill slot on any possible breaker skills and tailor it to the enemies on the map.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  25. #2000

    Default

    So anybody knows this 3-13 Archer I've been hearing about?

    Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

    Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Page 80 of 222 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •