Page 89 of 223 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 5567

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm actually surprised your Donnel is so weak.
    Really? That's weak despite him being at level 1 of a higher class?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Really? That's weak despite him being at level 1 of a higher class?
    Comparing him to what my own Donnel was, yes. But comparing him to pretty well any other unit he's doing damn good. What level was he at when you used a Second Seal on him?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Comparing him to what my own Donnel was, yes. But comparing him to pretty well any other unit he's doing damn good. What level was he at when you used a Second Seal on him?
    <__<

10, I couldn't help it, he was just so weak as a villager. Ugh...this beginning to sound like Pokemon all over again!

My Donnel is by far and away one of my strongest units. He consistently doubles enemies, takes little damage in return, and almost never runs through his weapon uses.
    MOST Donnels are supposed to wind up that way.

I leveled him to 15 as a Villager and then shifted him into a Mercenary. After that he capped most of his stat by like level 14, or a little before. I kept him going before going to Hero just to grab every ounce of HP & Resistance (& Defense).
    I can't think of why you'd ever send him down the path of a Bow Knight, though. Armsthrift & Sol are his bread and butter

Okay, while on this topic, strongest unit?

Plus you can get an Owain with Aptitude AND Galeforce, making levelling him up a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I can't think of why you'd ever send him down the path of a Bow Knight, though. Armsthrift & Sol are his bread and butter
    The only thing I can think of would be if the person didn't know, but other than that, yeah; Hero all the way. I never found Bow Knights' skills to be that great... unless you're sticking Bowbreaker on a flier for lulz. Which isn't the case with Donnel since he can't reclass into one, so it's kind of moot point that I'm mentioning it at all!
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I'm skill grinding like MAD right now. My Donnel is insane, and I'm not even done yet!

Spoiler:- Donnel:

Also, I'm debating Lethality or Str +2 on Panne, what do you guys think? I'm keeping her a Taguel in the end, just to let you guys know.

I'm also wondering if Sol or Lethality could activate during an Astra sequence, if it does, I made some good decisions. If not, ah well.
    Last edited by Recon; 23rd February 2013 at 5:54 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

There's not really a black-and-white single strongest unit, but there are a few contenders. Children tend to more or less be better than parents, due to being able to have skill combinations that other (non-Avatar) characters can't. Owain is the fan favorite, and for good reason; with Galeforce, Armsthrift, Sol, and Astra, he can basically become a one-man wrecking crew. In general though, any unit that can learn or inherit Galeforce is on the path to success; that skill is just that good, and doubles your killing efficiency on units who're already adept at ending an enemy in a single turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Also, I'm debating Lethality or Str +2 on Panne, what do you guys think? I'm keeping her a Taguel in the end, just to let you guys know.

I'm also wondering if Sol or Lethality could activate during an Astra sequence, if it does, I made some good decisions. If not, ah well.
    Mmm, I love Lethality, so it would get my vote over Str +2. Then again, if luck is not on your side, it can be a waste... especially since my Lethality strikes seem to have a knack for triggering when the enemy would've been killed by a regular attack anyway. I guess if you don't mind gambling, Lethality can be a better choice, but if you want a safer, more reliable choice, Str +2's effect is constant.

And as far as I know, multiple skills can't trigger at the same time. Mind you, this is just because I've never seen it happen. I know crits can trigger during a skill, but I've never seen two skills trigger at the same time.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

<__<

10, I couldn't help it, he was just so weak as a villager. Ugh...this beginning to sound like Pokemon all over again!
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    My Donnel is by far and away one of my strongest units. He consistently doubles enemies, takes little damage in return, and almost never runs through his weapon uses.
    MOST Donnels are supposed to wind up that way.

I leveled him to 15 as a Villager and then shifted him into a Mercenary. After that he capped most of his stat by like level 14, or a little before. I kept him going before going to Hero just to grab every ounce of HP & Resistance (& Defense).
    I kept my Donnel as a Villager until 23 when he capped everything except Magic and Resistance. Then I switched him to Mercenary, I promoted him at level 10 there since he'd capped all his stats again at level 7. he was far and away my best unit, I could have easily cleared entire chapters using only him.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Genetically Engineered Morgan. He/she can access any skill except Dual Strike+, Charm and Enemy-only skills.

I really like how you can get more than one Beaststone and Dragonstone in the game. I'm not sure if that happens in other Fire Emblem games because I only got into it last year after getting Fire Emblem 8 from the Ambassador Program. I gotta say, Fire Emblem is probably my third most favorite video game franchise, right behind Pokémon and Custom Robo.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...d3TqpKPkXuTDQ1

Updated to finish off the spirit talisman DLC series and Paralogue 2
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    I really like how you can get more than one Beaststone and Dragonstone in the game. I'm not sure if that happens in other Fire Emblem games because I only got into it last year after getting Fire Emblem 8 from the Ambassador Program. I gotta say, Fire Emblem is probably my third most favorite video game franchise, right behind Pokémon and Custom Robo.
    The enemies can sometimes drop them if you get lucky. I got one spare each for Panne and the dragon shapeshifter.

Directed as Hydrohs, or anyone else who can answer, but what is the best way for me to level up Donnel at this time. I think that he's Lv 7 at the moment, and I just read what you were saying about him, hence I got curious.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    The enemies can sometimes drop them if you get lucky. I got one spare each for Panne and the dragon shapeshifter.

Directed as Hydrohs, or anyone else who can answer, but what is the best way for me to level up Donnel at this time. I think that he's Lv 7 at the moment, and I just read what you were saying about him, hence I got curious.
    Have him finish off weakened enemies. Or you can pair him up with a strong character and watch Donnel do more damage. Or you can surround a helpless archer on four sides and watch Donnel wail on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    *gasp*
    It's not your favorite franchise??? How could you like Pokemon better???

Usually, you could get several dragonstones. But I think this the first time there are an infinite number of stones. Which is good, of course. Those Dragonstone+ and Beaststone+ stones can be useful... (Tiki <3)

My favorite franchise is... yeah, you're right. Fire Emblem. (Obviously. That's why I'm fireemblemfan4ever.)
    The Mario & Luigi series is next... then LoZ... then Pokemon.

But I've played Pokemon the longest... it's been... 9, almost 10, years.
    I've only played Fire Emblem for four. And M&L for... 7?
    Super Mario Bros. was my first game~ I started playing at four. =P

I was going to use the extra classes on Donnel and, his daughter, Noire. Noire just inherited Aptitude, but with Donnel, I wanted to test Underdog with the Demon Fighter class. Noire could make an awesome Bride.

I Second Sealed Donnel (for obvious reasons) as well as Olivia and Panne. The reason I upgraded the latter two is so I can inherit exclusive abilities, plus Special Dance is useless when not dancing. I made Olivia a Pegasus Knight and Panne a Wyvern Knight (which apparently, Yarne cannot inherit from Panne).

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post

For his earlier levels I typically paired him with Kellam, added Defense and Strength work wonders, then have him finish off units. As he gets stronger you'll have to do this less and less. By about level 13 my Donnel could easily fend for himself. Donnell and Kellam make a fantastic support pair, since they're both incredibly tanks when you add Kellam's bonus stats to Donnel he actually becomes untouchable by anything other than Magic and is easily able to double a 35 or more.

So apparently Awakening's OST, which is set to be released in March, will cost around 40 bucks and spans five discs.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/21/fire...ns-five-discs/

Do want.

That's actually pretty cheap. I've got a couple other soundtracks I wanna buy, I'll just get them all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    So apparently Awakening's OST, which is set to be released in March, will cost around 40 bucks and spans five discs.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/21/fire...ns-five-discs/

Do want.
    I agree. However, my wallet and bank account is VERY dry and I'm not gonna get another job until summer comes around, so I'm gonna hold off for now. Hopefully I'll be able to get it in time. Besides, it's not like it's available for a limited time only right?

Also, finally made my Donnel a Hero. He's already capped most of his stats at lvl 2 except HP, Mag and Res, and took down Walhart in two hits. My Vaike is also dominating, just have to get him to learn Sol and then reclass him into a Berserker and he's set. Panne's also almost done, just have to get Lethality, same with Olivia after getting Swordfaire, and Nowi once she gets Lifeforce. I've trained those 5 so much they're like the powerhouses of my team. Hell, Donnel and Vaike already have over Max HP due to the HP+5 skill.

That's actually pretty cheap. I've got a couple other soundtracks I wanna buy, I'll just get them all at once.
    It might end up being a little more if it doesn't come to the west, since you'd have to pay to get it imported.
    I agree. However, my wallet and bank account is VERY dry and I'm not gonna get another job until summer comes around, so I'm gonna hold off for now. Hopefully I'll be able to get it in time. Besides, it's not like it's available for a limited time only right?
    I don't think it's limited, so you're in good shape.

Also, finally made my Donnel a Hero. He's already capped most of his stats at lvl 2 except HP, Mag and Res, and took down Walhart in two hits. My Vaike is also dominating, just have to get him to learn Sol and then reclass him into a Berserker and he's set. Panne's also almost done, just have to get Lethality, same with Olivia after getting Swordfaire, and Nowi once she gets Lifeforce. I've trained those 5 so much they're like the powerhouses of my team. Hell, Donnel and Vaike already have over Max HP due to the HP+5 skill.
    Don't forget Galeforce for Olivia, that's the one skill you absolutely have to pass onto Inigo... assuming you haven't done so already. If you have, then ignore me!

Though I never had much luck with Vaike. Then again, I didn't really use him that much, and he was one of the first to be replaced.

So I started my Radiant Dawn Hard/Maniac/Lunatic mode (which I'm making videos for it to upload). Now the Dawn Brigade feels even weaker and useless.

However, for whatever reason, I neglected using the Thani tome before, but now I see its usefulness. I'm happy to say Micaiah's speed is actually growing out of sheer luck...

But I seriously miss the Battle Save feature. Now it feels like a harder Path of Radiance with more frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    It might end up being a little more if it doesn't come to the west, since you'd have to pay to get it imported.

I don't think it's limited, so you're in good shape.
    It wont come to the west. I buy all my soundtracks from Japan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Though I never had much luck with Vaike. Then again, I didn't really use him that much, and he was one of the first to be replaced.
    Same with me, he just seems to suck.

I've unquit, gave EXPonential Growth a shot, and oh boy is it fantastic. I'll definitely put it to good use, especially since on Hard the RNG seems to hate me, my units growths aren't nearly as good as they were on Normal. I see much reclassing in my future.

Page 89 of 223 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast