Page 90 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Don't forget Galeforce for Olivia, that's the one skill you absolutely have to pass onto Inigo... assuming you haven't done so already. If you have, then ignore me!

Though I never had much luck with Vaike. Then again, I didn't really use him that much, and he was one of the first to be replaced.
    Ignored

Yeah, Vaike isn't that good, the only reason why he's so strong is that he was among the set of characters that I felt like training, so yeah.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Ignored

Yeah, Vaike isn't that good, the only reason why he's so strong is that he was among the set of characters that I felt like training, so yeah.
    I didn't both training anyone that I had no plans on using during my first playthrough because I was just intent on making it through. This time I'm training pretty much everyone and just taking my time.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I didn't both training anyone that I had no plans on using during my first playthrough because I was just intent on making it through. This time I'm training pretty much everyone and just taking my time.
    Which is exactly what I'm doing this run.

Which is exactly what I'm doing this run.
    It helps that they make it so easy to train units up, too. Doing it this way I might use units I'd never think to otherwise.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It helps that they make it so easy to train units up, too. Doing it this way I might use units I'd never think to otherwise.
    Yeah, this. It's one thing I've noticed about Awakening compared to the other FE games I've played; before, if a unit fell behind in the levels, you usually had to leave them behind because they'd be too much of a liability. Awakening seems much more forgiving in this respect, letting units I'd otherwise never use finally get a chance to see battle.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I just finished Chapter 12 and a store opened up that actually sold Beaststones and Dragonstones for 2500G each. Hm, it makes me wonder where they get them from...
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I am Die Hard fan of Fire Emblem, and I have to say, I'm excited that fiannly, Fire Emblem is being recognized by a larger group of ppl in the US. You guys dont know how bad I wanted to splurge all my money to get a Limited Edition FE Awakening 3DS system. It loooks so cool! I squeel for joy!!!!!!! ANyway, I hope that if it sells well in America, they will release previpusly Japan only FE games, either for download or for compilation disk. EIther would be great!! Right now in FE I am playing through Path of Radiance. I'm about half way through it. LOVE FIRE EMBLEM!

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

Quote Originally Posted by silver_phoenix View Post
    I am Die Hard fan of Fire Emblem, and I have to say, I'm excited that fiannly, Fire Emblem is being recognized by a larger group of ppl in the US. You guys dont know how bad I wanted to splurge all my money to get a Limited Edition FE Awakening 3DS system. It loooks so cool! I squeel for joy!!!!!!! ANyway, I hope that if it sells well in America, they will release previpusly Japan only FE games, either for download or for compilation disk. EIther would be great!! Right now in FE I am playing through Path of Radiance. I'm about half way through it. LOVE FIRE EMBLEM!
    You do know that it's possible to play Japan-only games using emulators... and an English patch, right?
    But... eh, I don't see NoA doing that. Unless it's a remake. In which case, I hope they do better than FE11-type remakes. That was... not so good. FE12 was good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    I just finished Chapter 12 and a store opened up that actually sold Beaststones and Dragonstones for 2500G each. Hm, it makes me wonder where they get them from...
    Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by silver_phoenix View Post
    Fire Emblem has been relatively popular since they first released it over here, not to mentioned we've got every game released since that point. Except for one remake.

Fire Emblem has been relatively popular since they first released it over here, not to mentioned we've got every game released since that point. Except for one remake.
    A good remake Yeah, I'm just surprised it took me until about 2-3 years ago to actually get into the series. I was lucky to find one copy of Path of Radiance last year at a Gamestop within 100 miles of my house. Glad I got it when I did.

So I decided to make Panne a Wyvern Rider, and it's going fantastically well. With Sumia and Panne, Chapter 8 was actually not that bad, along with Lissa using Rescue to execute hit-and-run tactics. I'm still going to make Lissa a Pegasus Knight (for Galeforce), but I'm waiting until she's level 20. Frederick is no longer needed, but I feel like he might stick around with me for quite awhile, if not the whole game.

EDIT: Wow, skirmishes have reached a new level of absurd. One in Chapter 3's location consists of Berserkers with 80 HP and 40+ Str and ~30 Spd, with Counter and Hit Rate +10. My fastest character has 25 Spd. I knew skirmishes were ridiculous before, but this is plain suicide. :/
    Last edited by Psynergy; 24th February 2013 at 5:22 PM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I'm still going to make Lissa a Pegasus Knight (for Galeforce), but I'm waiting until she's level 20
    Why bother with waiting until 20? By 15 she'll have all her Cleric skills and she'll have plenty of time to cap stats on her way to getting Galeforce.

Why bother with waiting until 20? By 15 she'll have all her Cleric skills and she'll have plenty of time to cap stats on her way to getting Galeforce.
    Hm, good point, since it may be awhile until she reaches level 20 without wasting my Rescue staff. I'll have to rely on a level 6 Maribelle for healing though, which may be tough for Chapter 9. Vulneraries and Concoctions may be enough to help me through, though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Hm, good point, since it may be awhile until she reaches level 20 without wasting my Rescue staff. I'll have to rely on a level 6 Maribelle for healing though, which may be tough for Chapter 9. Vulneraries and Concoctions may be enough to help me through, though.
    Well as long as you keep her out of harms way, which you should be doing with healers regardless of level, she'll be fine.

Well as long as you keep her out of harms way, which you should be doing with healers regardless of level, she'll be fine.
    It's not so much keeping her away from danger, but the desert terrain in the chapter, along with the Wyvern Riders, that could cause trouble. I suppose it won't be as bad as it looks though.

It's not so much keeping her away from danger, but the desert terrain in the chapter, along with the Wyvern Riders, that could cause trouble. I suppose it won't be as bad as it looks though.
    Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the sand. You could always just want until after Chapter 9 to use the Second Seal on Lissa.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the sand. You could always just want until after Chapter 9 to use the Second Seal on Lissa.
    I just went with the class change anyway, so I can get Lissa's lance weapon level up as soon as possible. Maribelle did fine, and the only problem I had was getting Libra before the enemies to the right began swarming him.

I've also noticed another sneaky skill combo that Risen Berserkers have: Gamble, Zeal, and Hit Rate +10. Not to mention a Killer Axe with 20 Mt and 90 Hit, instead of the usual 12 Mt and 70 Hit. If they wanted to stop me from training my group with skirmishes, all they had to do was get rid of them, not make them impossible.

I've also noticed another sneaky skill combo that Risen Berserkers have: Gamble, Zeal, and Hit Rate +10. Not to mention a Killer Axe with 20 Mt and 90 Hit, instead of the usual 12 Mt and 70 Hit. If they wanted to stop me from training my group with skirmishes, all they had to do was get rid of them, not make them impossible.
    Sounds nasty.

I just class changed my Donnel to Mercenary. Thinking of going to Warrior after that to grab Counter and then switching him to Hero.

Sounds nasty.

I just class changed my Donnel to Mercenary. Thinking of going to Warrior after that to grab Counter and then switching him to Hero.
    I also got him HP +5 and Zeal to allow him to take more hits for counter, and that extra critical rate. It does wonders I tell ya.

I'm in the process of making my own personal list of characters and their final skills loadout as well as their class. My Morgans and Fem MC have the exact same loadout, and there are a TON of Galeforce and Astra skills.
    Last edited by Recon; 24th February 2013 at 10:45 PM.

I find myself jealous of female Avatars. Having a Male Avatar cursed me to be Galeforce-less for eternity. Plus, even though Male Morgan can't directly reclass to get it, he can still inherit it.

...Though I guess pretty much any daughter can get Galeforce by being a child of the Male Avatar, as well. *Shrugs*
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I find myself jealous of female Avatars. Having a Male Avatar cursed me to be Galeforce-less for eternity. Plus, even though Male Morgan can't directly reclass to get it, he can still inherit it.

...Though I guess pretty much any daughter can get Galeforce by being a child of the Male Avatar, as well. *Shrugs*
    Yeah, I find the skills to be in clear favor to Female Avatar. Is Galeforce really much better than the Male-only skills? I sure think so, but it doesn't stop me from using a Male Avatar for Lunatic Mode. That, and Morgan(M) doesn't seem as cool as to me as Morgan(F), though that's a trivial reason to prefer Morgan(F). In all seriousness, I do find Morgan(F) having the eventual prospect of getting
        Spoiler:- skill:
    to be pretty cool.

Yeah, I find the skills to be in clear favor to Female Avatar. Is Galeforce really much better than the Male-only skills? I sure think so, but it doesn't stop me from using a Male Avatar for Lunatic Mode. That, and Morgan(M) doesn't seem as cool as to me as Morgan(F), though that's a trivial reason to prefer Morgan(F). In all seriousness, I do find Morgan(F) having the eventual prospect of getting
    to be pretty cool.
    However, Morgan(M) can get
    Which is a good skill in its own right

to be pretty cool.

Yes, when it comes to eventual skills from Spotpass characters, both genders have their benefits. Still though. Galeforce is one of those skills that's more or less irreplaceable; nothing else can do what it does. So the females seem like the lucky ones overall. Maybe for my next run, I'll give a female Avatar a try.

Though I do find myself more endeared by the female characters, so pairing up with them appeals to me more. Oh well-

Yeah, it is, but it doesn't seem to provide as interesting a benefit, though both skills are definitely great in their own right.

Yes, when it comes to eventual skills from Spotpass characters, both genders have their benefits. Still though. Galeforce is one of those skills that's more or less irreplaceable; nothing else can do what it does. So the females seem like the lucky ones overall. Maybe for my next run, I'll give a female Avatar a try.
    Yeah, in the larger scope of things, Galeforce is irreplaceable, though that doesn't stop either gender Avatar from being absolutely fantastic at everything. Females have that advantage that only some of the male children can get, but at least it doesn't stop others from being great in their own right as well. After all, the children characters are already wonderfully strong regardless.

I've been messing around with possible skill loadouts for characters, and I've come to the conclusion that the Female MC is better off as an offensive Magic user, while the Male MC is more defensive, using Rally Spectrum and having Pavise and Aegis, though can do some damage on his own with Astra and Ignis.

As for the Morgans, they're offensive mages too with the same skill loadout as Female MC, Galeforce, Astra, Ignis, Tomefaire, and Mag +2, though I'm trying to find a skill to replace Mag +2.

So, yeah, just finished, and X&Y have a high bar set before them if they want to earn best 3DS game of the year.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Page 90 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast