Page 91 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 5403

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I've been messing around with possible skill loadouts for characters, and I've come to the conclusion that the Female MC is better off as an offensive Magic user, while the Male MC is more defensive, using Rally Spectrum and having Pavise and Aegis, though can do some damage on his own with Astra and Ignis.

As for the Morgans, they're offensive mages too with the same skill loadout as Female MC, Galeforce, Astra, Ignis, Tomefaire, and Mag +2, though I'm trying to find a skill to replace Mag +2.
    If you wait until later, you could just replace Mag +2 with Limit Breaker, but until then(that's may be a long time anyway), your choice is as good as mine. I can't think of anything that would work better than Mag +2 on an offensive set like that. Sol isn't bad, but I doubt it would help that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    So, yeah, just finished, and X&Y have a high bar set before them if they want to earn best 3DS game of the year.
    Well, we won't be able to compare the two for a while anyway, so we'll just have to see how things develop from here on for X & Y.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    If you wait until later, you could just replace Mag +2 with Limit Breaker, but until then(that's may be a long time anyway), your choice is as good as mine. I can't think of anything that would work better than Mag +2 on an offensive set like that. Sol isn't bad, but I doubt it would help that much.
    That, and I'm still trying to see if to skills can overlap, like activating Astra at first, then doing Sol during one of the five hits. Cause if it can, then that'll lead to great destructive ability.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

That, and I'm still trying to see if to skills can overlap, like activating Astra at first, then doing Sol during one of the five hits. Cause if it can, then that'll lead to great destructive ability.
    The only thing I've seen is a crit after a skill has activated. I feel like if it was possible to have to skills activated I'd have seen it by now.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The offical site is showing the rest of the DLC for the first series of it.

Also, Roy vs Ike (previously known as Red vs Blue) is now known as Smash Brethren.

Brethren = Bros.

Smash Bros.? Don't care if that was intentional or not; that is awesome.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The only thing I've seen is a crit after a skill has activated. I feel like if it was possible to have to skills activated I'd have seen it by now.
    Yeah, I think I saw somewhere on Serenes that you can't activate skills within Astra. And if it wasn't true, I'd likely have seen something by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    The offical site is showing the rest of the DLC for the first series of it.

Also, Roy vs Ike (previously known as Red vs Blue) is now known as Smash Brethren.

Brethren = Bros.

Smash Bros.? Don't care if that was intentional or not; that is awesome.
    Yeah, that came to my mind as well. If I had to guess, I'd say it was intentional, but I obviously can't tell. Either way, it is kinda cool. The various tracks played during the trailer make me want the DLC a bit more. I did always think that a mistake would be made with Celica's name as "Cecilia." Probably doesn't help that Cecilia has appeared as a name in the series as well.

Just out of curiosity, how would Armsthrift work with Astra?

I'd imagine being able to not break your weapon like instantly would be pretty useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

I'd imagine being able to not break your weapon like instantly would be pretty useful.
    I think all 5 shots of Astra only use one weapons use to begin with, though, so I don't think it would be a factor. At least, I think that's how Astra works. Either way, Armshift is always amazing, especially if you get close to 50 Luck. Owain with Donnel as his father would be ridiculous once Owain caps luck at 51, only ever needing to carry a single weapon, unless the game prevents you from having 100% skill activation with Armshift.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Astra only counts as a single use.

So I'm moving along quite nicely. I've married off Stahl and Sully purely because I felt they'd go good together. Lissa and Donnel are married as well, so I'm making sure they've got the right Skills. I've got Lissa up to a Dark Flier, gonna put her back to Sage once she gets Galeforce. Donnel is becoming is usual destroyer of worlds as a level 3 Mercenary. Just about to head into Chapter 9, poor Emm.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Gah, you guys are making me want to start my Hard Mode run. But before I do that I made a point to try and get all of the A rank supports. I just hunger for these interactions! One of the things I love about Awakening; before you were severely limited on how many supports you could do, but now? GET ALL THE SUPPORTS!
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Gah, you guys are making me want to start my Hard Mode run. But before I do that I made a point to try and get all of the A rank supports. I just hunger for these interactions! One of the things I love about Awakening; before you were severely limited on how many supports you could do, but now? GET ALL THE SUPPORTS!
    Get all the things! Seriously, this game allows you to get everything, all the skills you want, the classes you want, stats you want, supports you want, items you want. It's fantastic. Like, I realized I needed some healers, since Lissa is occupied with a flying horse, so I'm using EXPonential growth to level up Ricken and Miriel to Sages so I can have some reliable healers.

I'm nearly finished with my marry everyone run with male MU. Just gotta train up people to help protect Tiki.

Also, I preordered the OST today! I'm so excited for it~

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I'm nearly finished with my marry everyone run with male MU. Just gotta train up people to help protect Tiki.

Also, I preordered the OST today! I'm so excited for it~
    Who did you preorder through?

Who did you preorder through?

Cdjapan.

Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    So, yeah, just finished, and X&Y have a high bar set before them if they want to earn best 3DS game of the year.
    Indeed. This game blew me away. I don't see how X/Y could be better than this.

Gah, you guys are making me want to start my Hard Mode run.
    Yeah I'll be honest it's far from sunshine and daisies. I've played all the Fire Emblems from 6 to Awakening and Hard Mode is kicking my butt in Awakening. And I made the mistake of starting out on Hard instead of Normal. Whyyyy. ;-;

But before I do that I made a point to try and get all of the A rank supports. I just hunger for these interactions! One of the things I love about Awakening; before you were severely limited on how many supports you could do, but now? GET ALL THE SUPPORTS!
    On the other hand, I agree with this. 5 Supports per playthrough was way too low. While I'm not sure how I feel about the inflated stats in Awakening give me all the support convos all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    Yeah I'll be honest it's far from sunshine and daisies. I've played all the Fire Emblems from 6 to Awakening and Hard Mode is kicking my butt in Awakening. And I made the mistake of starting out on Hard instead of Normal. Whyyyy. ;-;
    Just use the DLC chapters.

Just use the DLC chapters.
    As deep a pot of money as I am, I haven't shelled out money for any but the one freebie yet. Also that was sarcasm. I'm cheap as butts when it comes to my eShop purchases. I've been using Skirmishes to level up, yeah, but it's just the seeming hax the game imposes. Where I would never be expectant to see anything above an 80% hit miss from one of my guys it happens so frequently, and it just seems that most attacks from the enemy that are 50% hit chance and up will connect. Consistently. I'm not sure if I'd call it on par with Hector Hard Mode but it's definitely one of the harder Hard Modes in Fire Emblem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    As deep a pot of money as I am, I haven't shelled out money for any but the one freebie yet. Also that was sarcasm. I'm cheap as butts when it comes to my eShop purchases. I've been using Skirmishes to level up, yeah, but it's just the seeming hax the game imposes. Where I would never be expectant to see anything above an 80% hit miss from one of my guys it happens so frequently, and it just seems that most attacks from the enemy that are 50% hit chance and up will connect. Consistently. I'm not sure if I'd call it on par with Hector Hard Mode but it's definitely one of the harder Hard Modes in Fire Emblem.
    Just buy EXPonential Growth for $1.50 if you're frugal, you wont regret it. Thought the Golden Gaffe is also really useful for getting funding.

Just buy EXPonential Growth for $1.50 if you're frugal, you wont regret it. Thought the Golden Gaffe is also really useful for getting funding.
    I thought it was $2.50.

But yeah, EXPonential Growth is GREAT for training, and I'm a tightwad but I bought it anyway

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Is Barbarian a good class for Owain? I was thinking about making Henry so he could become a Dark Knight and pass down Lifetaker, and then classing Owain as a Dark Mage to get Anathema before reclassing him into Barbarian and eventually Warrior.

I thought it was $2.50.

But yeah, EXPonential Growth is GREAT for training, and I'm a tightwad but I bought it anyway
    Right. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Is Barbarian a good class for Owain? I was thinking about making Henry so he could become a Dark Knight and pass down Lifetaker, and then classing Owain as a Dark Mage to get Anathema before reclassing him into Barbarian and eventually Warrior.
    I think Hero is a better class than Warrior, myself.

I think Hero is a better class than Warrior, myself.
    Hero works too, I'll pick that.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I'd be inclined to say no, especially if Henry is the father. The typical pairing is putting Donnel and Lissa together to make Owain, since that will guarantee Owain's luck is 51, meaning Armsthrift will work without fail, so his weapons will never break. Also, Lifetaker is generally considered inferior to Sol in terms of HP recovery, mostly due to the fact that Sol can occur even on counter attacks, and if you don't defeat the enemy (moot point since Owain basically obliterates everything though). I generally prefer him as a Swordmaster or Hero once skills are settled. Warrior does have some nice strength, but the skill and speed aren't quite as high as I'd like. I wouldn't say it's a bad final class option though, just not my preference.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I'd be inclined to say no, especially if Henry is the father. The typical pairing is putting Donnel and Lissa together to make Owain, since that will guarantee Owain's luck is 51, meaning Armsthrift will work without fail, so his weapons will never break. Also, Lifetaker is generally considered inferior to Sol in terms of HP recovery, mostly due to the fact that Sol can occur even on counter attacks, and if you don't defeat the enemy (moot point since Owain basically obliterates everything though). I generally prefer him as a Swordmaster or Hero once skills are settled. Warrior does have some nice strength, but the skill and speed aren't quite as high as I'd like. I wouldn't say it's a bad final class option though, just not my preference.
    I'll try Donnel and Lissa, but I was saving Donnel for Nowi because I heard that Nah got really good stats that way. Who do I pair Henry with, then?

Quote Originally Posted by silver_phoenix View Post
    ANyway, I hope that if it sells well in America, they will release previpusly Japan only FE games, either for download or for compilation disk. EIther would be great!!
    That would be really cool, but they would never release FE4 unless NoA changes A LOT of things.
    Last edited by Rakansen; 26th February 2013 at 2:39 AM. Reason: I accidentally typed in FE8 instead of FE4!

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Page 91 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast