Page 92 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Okay, I started uploading my Radiant Dawn Hard Mode videos on Youtube.

And yes, it looks like the internet makes fun of the Dawn Brigade even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    That would be really cool, but they would never release FE4 unless NoA changes A LOT of things.
    Why's that?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Why's that?
    People always cite the major plot related brother/sister incest as the main issue. (And there are other incestuous marriages you can make, but it's mostly cousins.)

IDK what NoA thinks about Arvis/Dierdre, or if they'd censor it. -Shrug-

As if Nintendo's never retconned a touchy subject for NA release. Vivian in Paper Mario, anyone? It could be a simple rewrite or minor character change. Yeah, not the same thing, but you get your game nonetheless.

Well isn't it possible for incest in this game (ie Male Morgan and Lucina?)

Also, Recently realized that Owain had a pretty good Mag stat for a swordsmaster so I gave him a Levin sword and he's just decimating things. Also gave him Sol (the sword) and the possibilities have just increased while he has 51 luk.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Well isn't it possible for incest in this game (ie Male Morgan and Lucina?)

Also, Recently realized that Owain had a pretty good Mag stat for a swordsmaster so I gave him a Levin sword and he's just decimating things. Also gave him Sol (the sword) and the possibilities have just increased while he has 51 luk.
    Well, if Morgan and Lucina are siblings, then no, they can't attain an S support. That would be going too far, even by FE's standards.

Lucina and Owain, on the other hand... they can S support each other. I really don't find that much better than Lucina x Morgan as siblings. Lucina and Owain are cousins. That's incest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    As if Nintendo's never retconned a touchy subject for NA release. Vivian in Paper Mario, anyone? It could be a simple rewrite or minor character change. Yeah, not the same thing, but you get your game nonetheless.
    From what little I've read about, though, isn't the whole brother-sister incest thing, like, the entire basis of the plot?

0__0

Wow. Wow. WOW! I conquered Walhart's castle (on hard) solely using Chrom, Lucina, Gaius, Panne, Anna, and my avatar. That feeling of glory I had the first time when he was outside of the castle obliterating everything with Henry and Maribelle. The second time wasn't as bold but I am proud of going in suicidal and not losing a single man.

Anywho, the + transformation stones, how are they (I can't tell since I already changed Panne and Nowi's classes)?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    People always cite the major plot related brother/sister incest as the main issue. (And there are other incestuous marriages you can make, but it's mostly cousins.)

IDK what NoA thinks about Arvis/Dierdre, or if they'd censor it. -Shrug-
    Was this like an Oedipus thing where the person did not know that they were committing incest.

I'm not saying exactly how it went in Oedipus (son and mother), but something similar, right?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Anywho, the + transformation stones, how are they (I can't tell since I already changed Panne and Nowi's classes)?
    That's the same as asking how a Silver Sword is.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Don't read quote if you care about keeping FE4 plot points secrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by huff n puff 20 on gamefaqs
    Alvis/Diadora (Half-siblings) is absolutely canon.
    Celice/Yuria (Half-siblings) was canon, but rendered not so (I'm going to refrain from saying "impossible" because it's certainly not: It's only impossible if you don't know what to do. Pairing them takes 2 turns in chapter 6-- said two turns are rather uneventful as not even Johan's mounted guys are close enough to attack at that point.)... and got a TON of ship tease left in.
    Arione/Altenna (Adoptive siblings) is NOT incest (no blood? It's NOT incest), but they are a couple.
    Eltosian/Lachesis (Brother/Sister) is heavily hinted at, but never happens, although originally Lachesis was supposed to be Aless's mother.
    Claude/Sylvia... they're *possibly* Brother/Sister, but are related regardless- Holy Blood and all.
    Holyn/Aira(Ira/Ayra)... (cousins) Highly plausible, and one of the better pairings.
    Shannan/Lakche (cousins) Lakche's crushin' on Shannan.... >_<;;
    Johan or Johavala/Lex!Lakche (cousins): The brothers are crushin' on Lakche...
    Faval/Rana (cousins (*see note)) Definitely plausible.
    Lester/Patty (cousins*)... Ships that pass in the Night, but you can pair them.
    Aless/Nanna... (cousins) NOT canon. Possible though.

...I'm probably forgetting something.
    *-- Aideen (Rana and Lester's mother) and Briggid (Patty and Faval's mother) are Identical Twins. These couples are simultaneously "Kissing Cousins" and Half-"Brother/Sister Incest")
    I was thumbing through this thumbing through a Google search result and found this. Apparently, the main brother/sister incest was similar to Oedipus in that it wasn't known as such.

Hoenn has disappointed.

That's the same as asking how a Silver Sword is.
    In all honesty, I don't bother with Silver Swords. I'd use a Killing Edge over one any day. The difference in power is negligible, but the difference in crit rate sure isn't.

...But it dawns upon me that you may have been employing a rhetorical device.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    In all honesty, I don't bother with Silver Swords. I'd use a Killing Edge over one any day. The difference in power is negligible, but the difference in crit rate sure isn't.

...But it dawns upon me that you may have been employing a rhetorical device.
    I was. I also prefer Silver Swords because the damage is assured, whereas with a Killing Edge you're relying on luck. I keep Killing Edges around, but only use them if I can't kill a unit using the Silver Sword, they're more of a last resort.

I was. I also prefer Silver Swords because the damage is assured, whereas with a Killing Edge you're relying on luck. I keep Killing Edges around, but only use them if I can't kill a unit using the Silver Sword, they're more of a last resort.
    Eh, I might agree if the damage discrepancy was a little higher, but given a Silver Sword only has 2 more Mt than a Killing Edge, I find the damage potential of KE wildly exceeds that of a SS. It's just playstyle differences, I suppose... then again, maybe it's because I've always had good luck with crits.

Though it balances out because I have horrible luck with evasion.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Eh, I might agree if the damage discrepancy was a little higher, but given a Silver Sword only has 2 more Mt than a Killing Edge, I find the damage potential of KE wildly exceeds that of a SS. It's just playstyle differences, I suppose... then again, maybe it's because I've always had good luck with crits.

Though it balances out because I have horrible luck with evasion.
    Sometimes that extra 2-4 damage can make the difference.

I'll give you an example of why I never count on luck. Sent Lon'qu in with a Killing Edge, 41% chance to Crit, and he was going to hit twice on this unit, figured it was a safe bet. Neither time did he get a crit, sent Donnel in to finish him off. Donnel Crits with a 10% chance. Rage. Rage everywhere.

Sometimes that extra 2-4 damage can make the difference.

I'll give you an example of why I never count on luck. Sent Lon'qu in with a Killing Edge, 41% chance to Crit, and he was going to hit twice on this unit, figured it was a safe bet. Neither time did he get a crit, sent Donnel in to finish him off. Donnel Crits with a 10% chance. Rage. Rage everywhere.
    Hah. I guess it does boil down to personal experience. Slapped a Killer Lance on Sumia when trying to grind her up to Galeforce, and she was just critting all over the place. At least one attack (if not both) in every clash would crit. Much laughter was had.

I like the Dancer class because it can be a great support by having units move again and since it can use swords in this game. Unfortunately, Olivia's stats aren't very good so I reclassed her to Myrmidon so she can increase her stats and then I would reclass her back to a Dancer so she can support my other units while maintaining good stats (I'm thinking of giving her a Killing Edge). Should I do this, keep her as a Myrmidon, or reclass her to something else?

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I like the Dancer class because it can be a great support by having units move again and since it can use swords in this game. Unfortunately, Olivia's stats aren't very good so I reclassed her to Myrmidon so she can increase her stats and then I would reclass her back to a Dancer so she can support my other units while maintaining good stats (I'm thinking of giving her a Killing Edge). Should I do this, keep her as a Myrmidon, or reclass her to something else?
    Totally up to you. Since she's the only Dancer though, I think she's most useful there.

Since I've got to Chapter 11 I've had to make some decisions, since I'm marrying Chrom to Olivia I need to marry off Sumia and Maribelle. I've decided on pairing Sumia with Gaius and Miribelle with Vaike. Now to start getting into random battles to increase their support.

I discovered that having only two units go through a reeking box induced prologue while paired up increases their support at a rate of one rank per two battles. Not sure if that stays true if you have three pairs.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

I discovered that having only two units go through a reeking box induced prologue while paired up increases their support at a rate of one rank per two battles. Not sure if that stays true if you have three pairs.
    It's not a static rate. It depends on how many affinity increases you get. This number is influenced by instances of attacking (each clash will increase affinity), dual blocks, healing, etc. You can use the seemingly useless items such as Logs, Ladles, etc. to do less damage, thus making it so you engage in attacks more often, thus raising your support more. I've had it go from B -> A in a single battle this way. It depends on a few variables, but it's definitely not a static 1:2 ratio.

She's great as a dancer. Though I've given her some skills to allow her to hold her own if she is attacked. My skill loadout for her as a Dancer is: Astra, Galeforce, Swordfaire, Special Dance, Lethality.

The last skill is the only one I'm not sure of. This way, Olivia can take down an opponent, and at the same time allow another unit to move again. She's proven pretty deadly in most situations.

Also, I equipped Owain with Levin Sword, Sol(Sword), Erika's Blade, Balmung, and a Killing Edge. Infinite durability? I think yes.

Also, Chrom just did over 200 damage with a crit O_O
    Last edited by Recon; 27th February 2013 at 2:59 AM.

I didn't think so; I simply stated my experience with the mechanic.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    Lucina and Owain, on the other hand... they can S support each other. I really don't find that much better than Lucina x Morgan as siblings. Lucina and Owain are cousins. That's incest.
    Actually, I have Lucina and Owain's supports to S in my support log, and marriage isn't stated at any point in their support. Implied, perhaps, but then when you look at the info on who's married to whom, Lucina and Owain are referred to as Companion.

Also, just finished Chapter 14, and I'm so happy for the goal "Defeat Commander" now. Seriously, 40+ enemies with ridiculous stats and a small map like that? There's no way I could last out all those enemies, especially being surrounded like that. I just had Lissa fly over and kill a Mage, while Panne followed with a Hammer and instantly killed the boss. 1-turn clear was totally worth it, no matter how much of a waste of EXP that was.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

In Path of Radiance, if you faced a flame lance with a bolt axe, would the bolt axe have double bonuses?

Axe beats lance, and thunder beats fire.

Hoenn has disappointed.

Is it just me or do archers and their promotes get the worst skills in this game? They only good one I see is Bowfaire, and that's only if you plan on continuously using a bow, which is only useful for characters like Virion.

Also Severa, such a tsundere.
    Last edited by Recon; 27th February 2013 at 3:54 AM.

Page 92 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast