Page 99 of 224 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

FE6 is easy compared to FE5.

FE5 is the game with capturing and the best Con/weight system in the series. Also status staves and leadership stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    FE6 is easy compared to FE5.

FE5 is the game with capturing and the best Con/weight system in the series. Also status staves and leadership stars.
    And a hilariously broken rng, iirc

^Broken meaning unfair, or overly generous?

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm going to attempt a Lunatic run. Gonna try to have no deaths. I know I said that during my Hard file, but I mean it this time seriously you guys. Pray I don't die. Also I think I'm gonna start another file on Hard so Chrom can marry someone besides Sumia. Because I can.

Fire Emblem is really fun you guys!

I'm gonna start a Casual Lunatic mode first because if I did a Classic Lunatic, everyone but Chrom and Avatar would probably be dead :P
    Gots to be tactical about it......

Shadow Stars League Normal Gym Leader
    Starstrike Badge Credit to FairyWitch to this great badge!

Finally beat the final boss on Hard (with no deaths). It was MUCH easier than expected. Now what? Loads of extras and Lunatic difficulty, might as well play those. Then again, there are Pokémon to train...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    ^Broken meaning unfair, or overly generous?

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm going to attempt a Lunatic run. Gonna try to have no deaths. I know I said that during my Hard file, but I mean it this time seriously you guys. Pray I don't die. Also I think I'm gonna start another file on Hard so Chrom can marry someone besides Sumia. Because I can.

Fire Emblem is really fun you guys!
    Why would you even continue after losing someone?

Quote Originally Posted by StarMasterWarrior View Post
    I'm gonna start a Casual Lunatic mode first because if I did a Classic Lunatic, everyone but Chrom and Avatar would probably be dead :P
    Gots to be tactical about it......
    Trust me, Chrom and the Avatar have no hope when you're first starting out as well.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Though to be fair, the same could be said of all auto-promoted vs. weak-at-first units. Albeit it's now less of a concern in Awakening due to Second Seals.

For me, Archers have been largely hit or miss. I didn't have much love for the Archers in Rekka no Ken, loved Neimi in SS, had mild success with Rolf in PoR, didn't much care for Virion, but loved Noire.
    Unless you include Shadow Dragon Wolf and Sedgar and RD Shinon. As for archers, at least we haven't had another archer like Thracia 776 Ronan.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    FE5 also happens to be the best Fire Emblem game ever. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.
    While FE5 totally turns away any casual player, but it is definitely an amazing game. Way more fun than FE4. And Grafcalibur ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Trust me, Chrom and the Avatar have no hope when you're first starting out as well.
    Nobody has any hope bar Frederick until maybe Chapter 5. That's still an iffy point in the game though. I actually just beat Lunatic last night and I'll say that Chrom, Avatar and Lucina(mostly her) were lacking by the end of the game. Starting in Chapter 21, Morgan, Lissa, Owain and to a lesser extent, Panne, were the most viable members I had. All my Avatar was good for was Rally Spectrum+Magic.

Double Galeforcing with Morgan(with 2 Nosferatu tomes) and Owain, got me Chapter 21 clear in 3 turns. Morgan also took out almost all of the ~40 enemies in Chapter 23 with the same method, and Galeforcing with Morgan and Lissa got me done with Chapter 25 in 2 turns. The final chapter was done in two turns as well, thanks to a Rally from Avatar and Vengeance+Ignis with Morgan, after taking 40+ damage from an 80% activation Ignis from said boss. I instantly went to check out Lunatic+, and the omnipresent Vantage+ and Pass skills were terrifying. That, and the moment I saw a Myrmidon and Barbarian with Luna+ and Hawkeye, I knew I had no chance. I'll be leaving Lunatic+ alone for a long while.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I instantly went to check out Lunatic+, and the omnipresent Vantage+ and Pass skills were terrifying. That, and the moment I saw a Myrmidon and Barbarian with Luna+ and Hawkeye, I knew I had no chance. I'll be leaving Lunatic+ alone for a long while.
    Oh sweet mercy, and this is only the prologue?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Both Lunatic and by extension Lunatic+ are way too hardcore for me. What do Vantage+, Hawkeye and Luna+ do? I have some guesses but I'd like to know for sure.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Oh sweet mercy, and this is only the prologue?
    That's correct. Pass was a huge shock to see in the mix. I don't even want to imagine what it will be like when Aegis+ and Pavise+ get into the mix. Though I am curious how later bosses will address two "2 insane skills for every enemy" thing. Some late-game bosses already had 5 skills on Lunatic, so if they replace some skills to buff them even more...yeah...

Both Lunatic and by extension Lunatic+ are way too hardcore for me. What do Vantage+, Hawkeye and Luna+ do? I have some guesses but I'd like to know for sure.
    All the "plus" skills have a 100% activation rate, and Hawkeye is basically Hit Rate +infinity, denoted by an infinity sign on the skill.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Vantage+: Always attack first when the enemy attacks
    Hawkeye: Guaranteed hit
    Luna+: All attacks have a Luna effect.

Other Lunatic+ skills include:
    Pavise+: Halves damages from swords, lances, axes and beastones
    Aegis+: Halves damages from bows, tomes and dragonstones

I want someone to make a Let's Play of Lunatic+ on Classic. Your torture (or awesomeness) shall be our entertainment.

The only thing I see working in Lunatic+ (And I doubt it will even work): HUDDLE IN THE CORNER!

Vantage+: Always attack first when the enemy attacks
    Hawkeye: Guaranteed hit
    Luna+: All attacks have a Luna effect.

Other Lunatic+ skills include:
    Pavise+: Halves damages from swords, lances, axes and beastones
    Aegis+: Halves damages from bows, tomes and dragonstones
    And there are enemies in Lunatic+ that can actually get some of these like Luna+ and Hawkeye?

Jeeeeeeeeeesus, it's like all those gold and EXP DLC's are actually the "make Lunatic+ playable" DLCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    And there are enemies in Lunatic+ that can actually get some of these like Luna+ and Hawkeye?

Jeeeeeeeeeesus, it's like all those gold and EXP DLC's are actually the "make Lunatic+ playable" DLCs.
    That is if you survive past chapter 4 without losing units.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post

Every standard enemy(not sure about bosses), gets two of these insane skills, and Pass is apparently included. I bet the DLC would also include the skills, but it's not like they're easily playable when the Outrealm gate appears.

Vantage+ means the enemy will always attack first, even if you engage them.
    Hawkeye means their attacks will never miss.
    Luna+ means that every attack will have a Luna effect.

So basically, you're guaranteed to eat at least one attack that will never miss and ignore half your defense/resistance for every single clash.

Edit: Wow I'm late, I guess I shouldn't have left this tab open and then responded to it after coming back from afking. Ahaha... *Fails*
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

The only thing I see working in Lunatic+ (And I doubt it will even work): HUDDLE IN THE CORNER!
    That surprisingly works more often than it would seem. You could always do it the old-fashioned way and pray to the gods.

Lunatic+, I assume you receive it by clearing the game on Lunatic. Am I not correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    That surprisingly works more often than it would seem. You could always do it the old-fashioned way and pray to the gods.

Lunatic+, I assume you receive it by clearing the game on Lunatic. Am I not correct?
    Whoops, should have answered that earlier, but yes. However, if you beat Lunatic on Casual, you apparently only unlock Lunatic+ on Casual.

...perhaps we should tackle Lunatic + on casual first, no?

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Whoops, should have answered that earlier, but yes. However, if you beat Lunatic on Casual, you apparently only unlock Lunatic+ on Casual.
    So you can't play Lunatic+ on Classic (not that you would want to) unless you beat Lunatic on Classic?

...perhaps we should tackle Lunatic + on casual first, no?
    It's as if you posted before I added in the message in the brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    So you can't play Lunatic+ on Classic (not that you would want to) unless you beat Lunatic on Classic?
    That's how I'm understanding it, yes. Though I suppose if I beat Lunatic on Classic, I should try Lunatic+ on Classic(without deaths, naturally). I'd say to each their own, but I agree that Lunatic+ on Casual is much more sane. Of course, "Lunatic+" doesn't scream sanity to begin with. I'm definitely not planning to start a file soon (I want to start filling the support library), though I won't be as hardcore as some of the other players (no DLC abuse, Renown awards, etc.). Skirmishes are out of the question though, since I couldn't do even one on Lunatic, and Spotpass teams all grant 1 EXP per kill.

Hawkeye prevents the wielder from missing, unfortunately it's only available to enemy units.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Here's a quip I thought of, wouldn't it have been cool if beating the game gave us another story line akin to FE7?

We start the game from Lucina's time-point and work from there.

Chapter Prolouge would be in the future fighting some Risen and the next few chapters would be her and the other children units traveling to Naga, then some time travel and bam! We continue with a similar story from Lucina's view. Including a few extra chapters explaining how she met Panne and what she was doing in the chapters we don't see her. Her Mother would be whoever was married to Chrom in the last Chrom Story-mode file.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Here's a quip I thought of, wouldn't it have been cool if beating the game gave us another story line akin to FE7?

We start the game from Lucina's time-point and work from there.

Chapter Prolouge would be in the future fighting some Risen and the next few chapters would be her and the other children units traveling to Naga, then some time travel and bam! We continue with a similar story from Lucina's view. Including a few extra chapters explaining how she met Panne and what she was doing in the chapters we don't see her. Her Mother would be whoever was married to Chrom in the last Chrom Story-mode file.
    That would be interesting to see, even more content!

As for the Panne thing, being from the future, she probably knew about her and her connection to her father and the rest of the Ylisse army.

Page 99 of 224 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast