Page 103 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 5529

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

They're more comparable to extra characters from other games only usable in trial maps.

Only this time you can also use them in the final battle and have a kid with them. Because why not?

Oh sweet, we got 2 maps today.
    Lost bloodlines 2 (Dread Fighters!) and Infinite Regalia. An actual release, too, not an accident like with EXPonential Growth

Woo! Makes me glad I bought both packs.

...By the way, I haven't really looked into them that much, but what's the appeal of Dread Fighters? Useful skills? Good stats making them a solid "ending" class?
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post

...By the way, I haven't really looked into them that much, but what's the appeal of Dread Fighters? Useful skills? Good stats making them a solid "ending" class?
    They get to use Axes, Swords and Tomes.
    Resistance +10
    Aggressor: Attack +10 during the user's Turn

It doesn't look like people have figured out the growth rates for it or the Bride class. I'm GUESSING they have good growths across the board with a slant towards strength & magic since it's DLC.

Hm. I checked Serene Forest for the max stat caps for Dread Fighters, and they're not overwhelming or anything. On the Avatar, they look like:
    HP:80 - STR:42 - MAG:38 - SKL:40 - SPE:41 - LCK:45 - DEF:39 - RES:43

So above average strength and resistance, and everything else is just sort of average. Seems like a more well balanced class, comparable to Heroes, albeit trading skill for Magic and having less speed and defense in exchange for more resistance.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    There are still a couple more they've yet to release, could make sense in the end.
    That's what I'm thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    They're more comparable to extra characters from other games only usable in trial maps.

Only this time you can also use them in the final battle and have a kid with them. Because why not?
    Or, sort of like Wolf, Toon Link an Jigglypuff in Brawl. Not earned during story mode, but still usable during the game. Or, like event legendaries. Not usually available at the beginning, but can still be used against others.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Oh sweet, we got 2 maps today.
    Lost bloodlines 2 (Dread Fighters!) and Infinite Regalia. An actual release, too, not an accident like with EXPonential Growth
    Hooray!

I don't know as far as stats go, but they do get the Aggressor skill, which gives them +10 Attack during your turn.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Agressor seems nice, but the class itself doesn't seem all too useful.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Agressor seems nice, but the class itself doesn't seem all too useful.
    Aggressor certainly synergizes with Galeforce, that's for sure. Meaning only Children can use the combo, given the gender exclusivity of the skills otherwise.

...Though not sure if either of the skills would be useful in the long run, at least compared to more reliable skills such as Pavise, Aegis, Sol, Astra, etc.

Aggressor certainly synergizes with Galeforce, that's for sure. Meaning only Children can use the combo, given the gender exclusivity of the skills otherwise.

...Though not sure if either of the skills would be useful in the long run, at least compared to more reliable skills such as Pavise, Aegis, Sol, Astra, etc.
    I'm certainly not going through the hell of reclassing most of my units to try and get it, levelling them is slow enough as it is.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It's a shame Dread Fighters don't get to use dark magic
    Having Shadowtouch as an ability would be amazing

It suddenly dawns upon me that I'm going to have to do Lost Bloodlines 2 many, many times to be able to get more Dread Scrolls for multiple characters.

Suddenly glad that the Dread Warriors aren't overwhelmingly superior or anything.

I'm certainly not going through the hell of reclassing most of my units to try and get it, levelling them is slow enough as it is.
    If there's one thing I'm not liking in this game it's reclassing all of the female units who are capable of learning Galeforce. Sometimes I don't even know whether the skill's worth the time anymore.
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's a shame Dread Fighters don't get to use dark magic
    Having Shadowtouch as an ability would be amazing
    Probably would be overkill. Having Lethality and the one that gives an extra action w/ defeat is bad/good enough.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Okay, Infinite Regalia is proving to be an annoyance. Those legendary weapons they're using certainly aren't for show. Doesn't help that the random Counter-users keep screwing me over.

But the annoying thing is that I've realized that the unit placement is randomized. Every time you do the map, the 36 units will be organized differently. This includes if you save during set up, and later reload the save. Oi.

Hm. I checked Serene Forest for the max stat caps for Dread Fighters, and they're not overwhelming or anything. On the Avatar, they look like:
    HP:80 - STR:42 - MAG:38 - SKL:40 - SPE:41 - LCK:45 - DEF:39 - RES:43

So above average strength and resistance, and everything else is just sort of average. Seems like a more well balanced class, comparable to Heroes, albeit trading skill for Magic and having less speed and defense in exchange for more resistance.
    Keep in mind you're looking at caps and not bases. They have fairly good bases, which means just about any character reclassed to Dread Fighter will be better off, unless they're capping stats already.

Reclassing My Unit into a Dread Fighter from a Hero raised his Resistance by 6, and gave him the Res +10 skill. Easily made him the best mageslayer I have now.

Keep in mind you're looking at caps and not bases. They have fairly good bases, which means just about any character reclassed to Dread Fighter will be better off, unless they're capping stats already.

Reclassing My Unit into a Dread Fighter from a Hero raised his Resistance by 6, and gave him the Res +10 skill. Easily made him the best mageslayer I have now.
    Indeed, I was looking at caps, as they were the most relevant to me at the moment. Most of my units (that I actually use anyway) are at or very close to their caps already, so... yeah. Bases would be what I'd look at when I start my next file, of course.

Still though, they do seem like they'd be useful in the higher difficulties when mages are plentiful, what with their high resistances. I guess they'd be what you'd call a niche class.

Edit: Well, in the interest of comprehensive coverage, might as well link the base stats compared to Heroes then (I only use Heroes as a point of comparison because they're considered the middle of the road, most balanced physically oriented class that's readily available since technically Grandmaster is the most balanced but very few characters can be one of those)

Dread Fighter: HP: 22 - STR: 8 - MAG: 4 - SKL: 7 - SPD: 9 - DEF: 7 - RES: 10 - MOV: 6

Hero: HP: 22 - STR: 8 - MAG: 1 - SKL: 11 - SPD: 10 - DEF: 8 - RES: 3 - MOV: 6

Fairly comparable. Definitely better resistance for Dread Fighters, no contest. Seems like they've definitely earned the niche of Mage Slayer.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 8th March 2013 at 5:59 AM.

That's basically what they were in Gaiden as well, since a Myrmidon gained +10 Res on promotion and every unit had a 0% Res growth.

You either used them or used a unit with a higher base Res, and the only units with decent base Res were mages, so that meant you were basically going to have a long battle, since the enemy also has high Res.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    If there's one thing I'm not liking in this game it's reclassing all of the female units who are capable of learning Galeforce. Sometimes I don't even know whether the skill's worth the time anymore.
    It is. It absolutely is.

Okay, Infinite Regalia is proving to be an annoyance. Those legendary weapons they're using certainly aren't for show. Doesn't help that the random Counter-users keep screwing me over.

But the annoying thing is that I've realized that the unit placement is randomized. Every time you do the map, the 36 units will be organized differently. This includes if you save during set up, and later reload the save. Oi.
    Yeah, I went in with my super-strong units that had capped almost all their stats, and was promptly destroyed. I wasn't ready for how much damage they could deal.

Well, Infinite Regalia was definitely the most difficult DLC they've offered so far (although this is, in and of itself, not saying much considering how easy most of the other DLC maps are), but it was worth it. The Silver Card is definitely nice; nothing like half price everything.

...I actually beat Infinite Regalia quite easily, dunno why you all are having so much trouble. Course Owain and his Sol and forged Levin Sword did most of the dirty work. Then I end up getting two of the same weapon. Really?

The Silver card is also very nice, though not as useful when you have the Golden Gaffe.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    ...I actually beat Infinite Regalia quite easily, dunno why you all are having so much trouble. Course Owain and his Sol and forged Levin Sword did most of the dirty work. Then I end up getting two of the same weapon. Really?

The Silver card is also very nice, though not as useful when you have the Golden Gaffe.
    Poor evasion luck (getting hit three times in a row with < 30% accuracy, wth) and some strategically placed Counters made things annoying. But I went and did it a second time, and it seemed much easier than the first. Guess the luck of the draw in placement and individual clashes factors into it too.

I really love Gregor's convo in infinite Regalia.

Is that big legendary weapon or you just happy to see Gregor?
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post

Wait 'til you see the last DLC...

It's crazy hard.

Unless you have Limit Breaker on all you units.

And forged Brave weapons and Cellica's Gales.

But even then, it's no joke. -_-'

I can't wait to play it, though!

I'm assuming Dread Fighter is male only? My female Avatar could not choose the scroll, and it's a shame since Dread Fighter is essentially a souped up Grandmaster, oh well Morgan and Donnal should easily fill those spots.

Speaking of Donnel, I can't use Skill+2 on him, he has some other stat bonusers and maxed out stats, but so do my other units and they can still equip it.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I'm assuming Dread Fighter is male only?
    You assume correctly. Dread Fighter is the male-only DLC class, while Bride is the female-only DLC class.

Page 103 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast