Page 118 of 224 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    The problem is that you're putting something tragic into scenarios that aren't really that tragic. There are only one, maybe two scenarios where a parent could even possibly murder their child, but as Hydrohs stated, that would only happen if you wanted it to. Knowing who and how to recruit is actually fairly straightforward, considering if a non-commander unit is named, you can recruit them, so knowing that the child can be recruited is a no-brainier.
    Yes knowing who the child is obvious, but my point is still the same. It's sad. Not completely to the gamers POV. But if you sit and think about the characters than it can be. Imagine coming back, only to have your mother cut you in half. What he said is that it was funny. Do you find it funny if a parent murders a child? Let alone their own? If so, then I don't know what to say.
        Spoiler:- more:

My original point that the game has many sad moments. I have yet to list a quarter of the sad moments. Shall we add more or not (Or at least go more in depth with the ones I stated) ?

If someone can see what I am saying then thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    Yes knowing who the child is obvious, but my point is still the same. It's sad. Not completely to the gamers POV. But if you sit and think about the characters than it can be. Imagine coming back, only to have your mother cut you in half. What he said is that it was funny. Do you find it funny if a parent murders a child? Let alone their own? If so, then I don't know what to say.
        Spoiler:- more:

My original point that the game has many sad moments. I have yet to list a quarter of the sad moments. Shall we add more or not (Or at least go more in depth with the ones I stated) ?

If someone can see what I am saying then thanks...
    You're just explaining backstory, none of it is covered in depth in the game. We've all played the game, you've already said you've only read about it. Play the game first, if you still think that it's really sad afterwards that's great. It's incredibly hard to take you seriously otherwise.

Also, the characters themselves, and the chapters where you recruit them, are funny. If you kill them you just get a generic death line, it's quite boring, really.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It's not that we're daft to what you're saying. In fact, it's more than likely the reverse. Hydrohs never said it was funny that a parent would cut down their own kid. Not only that, but as stated, it really doesn't happen unless you set out to do it. Your argument is similar to saying that driving is full of sad moments, because I could run over a whole bunch of puppies and babies driving to a gas station. Could it happen? Well, I suppose so, but I'd have to go out of my way to make that happen. Secondly, I agree with you, Emmeryn is a tragic figure, every interaction of hers makes me tear up, especially the end of Chapter 9. And finally, these children are the children of the Shepherds, one can only assume that they were raised to the cause, and understood that the world had to be fought for. While it is sad that most of them saw their parents killed, they came back not to escape that future, but to fight for a better one. If you think that's said, well, I can sort of see that. But, considering the apocalyptic world they were raised in, it'd be weird that they weren't hardened to death. Also, I cannot reinforce this enough, Hydrohs did not think kids getting cut down is funny, he was merely mentioning the humor a lot of the children are introduced with.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Okay since I've repeated myself enough. And everything I said was basically overlooked, misunderstood,etc. I'm just going to say one thing. What in the game is considered sad is debatable. Okay? So just stop trying to say something along the lines of "you're wrong" or whatever. Okay?
    ♥ Thank you ♥

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    Okay since I've repeated myself enough. And everything I said was basically overlooked, misunderstood,etc. I'm just going to say one thing. What in the game is considered sad is debatable. Okay? So just stop trying to say something along the lines of "you're wrong" or whatever. Okay?
    ♥ Thank you ♥
    Post Ch. 9 boss - End of Ch. 10
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Now that my MU is level 10, what other skills should I pick up before going back to tactician? I allready have armsthrift.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Now that my MU is level 10, what other skills should I pick up before going back to tactician? I allready have armsthrift.
    Armsthrift is probably all you'll want from the base classes. You can take a look on Serenes Forest and see if there's any other skills that catch your eye, though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Maaaaybe vantage.

Getting Fire Emblem: Awakening on my birthday! I have Radiant Dawn, but never finished it. I believe I am on Chapter 8 or 9. The part I'm on is pretty tough. Since my brother is a 3DS Ambassador, I have Sacred Stones too. Haven't played it that much. I can't wait to play Awakening and I heard it's good. This will be the first FE game that I hope to finish.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Last Smash Brethren map to come Thursday, priced a $3.00 solo. Beating it rewards you with Lyn, and Iote's Shield Skill.

Now we know why the bundle price is higher.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

And my OST arrived way earlier than I thought it would. Great. It's so beautiful, and the full art of Lucina is stunning.

Yeeeessss "Don't say her name" and "Id (Purpose)"....they're both such beautiful tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Last Smash Brethren map to come Thursday, priced a $3.00 solo. Beating it rewards you with Lyn, and Iote's Shield Skill.

Ah, I was wondering when Iote's Shield would come out. That's nice to know; I'm sure the fliers will certainly appreciate it.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post

Yes, yes. That makes sense. I'll be getting that one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    And my OST arrived way earlier than I thought it would. Great. It's so beautiful, and the full art of Lucina is stunning.

Yeeeessss "Don't say her name" and "Id (Purpose)"....they're both such beautiful tunes.
    How did you get it so fast when it just released today...? Do you live in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    How did you get it so fast when it just released today...? Do you live in Japan?
    No.

CdJapan works at light speed I guess. I was shocked too, I picked the quickest shipping but I still didn't think it'd get here for a few more days.

Is the OST a limited thing? I want to know if I should get it now or in a few months after I get a GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Is the OST a limited thing? I want to know if I should get it now or in a few months after I get a GPU.
    I'm not sure. I don't recall anything saying it was a "limited edition" sort of thing though.

No.

CdJapan works at light speed I guess. I was shocked too, I picked the quickest shipping but I still didn't think it'd get here for a few more days.
    I guess they shipped them out early figuring they wouldn't break the street date.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    You've got plenty of time, it's a regular item. Get that GPU, son.

Okay, I finished Awakening. I'm so glad I grabbed that game, sooooo good. Where should I go from here (never played any of the others)?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Okay, I finished Awakening. I'm so glad I grabbed that game, sooooo good. Where should I go from here (never played any of the others)?
    I haven't played any others, but I hear that FE7 ("Fire Emblem", GBA) & 9 (Path of Radiance, Gamecube) are great.
    FE8 (Sacred Stones, GBA) is supposed to be fine, but short & easy.
    FE10 (Radiant Dawn, Wii) seems to have mixed reactions, I think?
    FE11 (Shadow Dragon, DS) sounds adequate but lifeless in its style and has weird mechanics (like encouraging you to kill units)

The GBA games will likely come to Virtual Console whenever that launches. 9 & 10 are apparently pretty rare/expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I haven't played any others, but I hear that FE7 ("Fire Emblem", GBA) & 9 (Path of Radiance, Gamecube) are great.
    FE8 (Sacred Stones, GBA) is supposed to be fine, but short & easy.
    FE10 (Radiant Dawn, Wii) seems to have mixed reactions, I think?
    FE11 (Shadow Dragon, DS) sounds adequate but lifeless in its style and has weird mechanics (like encouraging you to kill units)

The GBA games will likely come to Virtual Console whenever that launches. 9 & 10 are apparently pretty rare/expensive.
    Yeah, that's about right for Radiant Dawn. It kind of sacrifices the story, character development and balance by due to the way they structure it into disjointed parts but on the contrast it gives a challenging experience. Another thing against it is that it's pretty unforgiving toward beginners in the normal and hard modes since it doesn't lead you into it as the others while easy mode does too much of it.

Btw Manna, if they give out any extra tracks with the CD, how are they would you say?

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

With the exception of Shadow Dragon I'd say all the games released outside of Japan are well worth playing. I really enjoyed Radiant Dawn, but it could have been because I'd played Path of Radiance first so I was already familiar with the characters.

I want Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, but they're waaay too expensive right now.

Btw Manna, if they give out any extra tracks with the CD, how are they would you say?
    Hmm...I didn't really hear any extra BGM other than the songs that are in DLC (Like the Summer of Bonds one). I think Id (Hope) plays in the Future of Despair DLC arc and that one is really good.
    Last edited by Manna; 27th March 2013 at 4:07 PM.

With the exception of Shadow Dragon I'd say all the games released outside of Japan are well worth playing. I really enjoyed Radiant Dawn, but it could have been because I'd played Path of Radiance first so I was already familiar with the characters.
    I also like Radiant Dawn, I was more trying to explain the mixed reception, sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

Yeah, I would say that playing PoR helps the story and characters out a little bit since we know where they're coming from. For instance, you wouldn't understand Elincia's inner conflict as much if you didn't play the previous game and explored her development.

Hmm...I didn't really hear any extra BGM other than the songs that are in DLC (Like the Summer of Bonds one). I think Id (Hope) plays in the Future of Despair DLC arc and that one is really good.
    Ok, I was kind of hoping for a bit more but I'm happy with the soundtrack as it is, particularly the DLC music like Id (Hope) (which I agree is pretty awesome).
    Last edited by Taodragon; 27th March 2013 at 6:26 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I also like Radiant Dawn, I was more trying to explain the mixed reception, sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

Yeah, I would say that playing PoR helps the story and characters out a little bit since we know where they're coming from. For instance, you wouldn't understand Elincia's inner conflict as much if you didn't play the previous game and explored her development.
    For sure, I wouldn't recommend jumping into RD without playing PoR first, since they're so closely related.

So I've started a Lunatic play through, I've managed to get to Chapter 2 and I'm honestly lost. I have no idea how one could do this. If I can just unlock the Outrealm I should be good. Is it before or after Chapter 4 that it opens?
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 27th March 2013 at 10:07 PM.

With the exception of Shadow Dragon I'd say all the games released outside of Japan are well worth playing.
    Shadow Dragon is ok too, unless you go into it expecting the same amount of character development and plot that the other games had. The other US-released FE games were very plot heavy. Shadow Dragon is not.

That was the main thing that annoyed me about Shadow Dragon. I got spoiled by all the other localized games where each character had about 3-6 supports and some kind of backstory. In Shadow Dragon it feels like the only difference between your characters and generic units are the stats and the face portraits. You'll suddenly encounter them, they'll be like "Oh hi, I'm joining you" and then they never speak again. Especially like when Ogma joins and brings 3 generic axefighters with him who exist only to be part of his little mercenary group.

Long story short: Shadow Dragon is fine as long as you're playing it solely for the gameplay and not the plot.

...Actually, I think the game got a bad reputation because FE1 was never released in America. Think about it; if we got the ancient NES Fire Emblem game it would probably be a beloved classic. Metroid and The Legend of Zelda have aged just as poorly as FE1 but look how they're revered. Remakes of really old games are usually well received because people realize it's a remake of an old game, and don't expect much. They look forward to the nostalgia. But since we never played the original (and no doubt a lot of casual players didn't even realize it was a remake of anything) the game didn't get that nostalgia bonus and was judged on its own merit. Basically an updated version of a 20 year old game was being compared to modern ones at face value. I think that's what the problem was.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Page 118 of 224 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast